The role of vaping in the cause of legalisation.

Qbit

cannabanana
So yeah I thought I'd raise the topic here about what part vapes and vaping will play in the cause to leaglise the good herb. It's just that it seems to me that one of the main problems with the image of weed is the smoking of it. Most people don't think about the other delivery methods, because, hey, in the vast majority of cases, weed is indeed smoked.

I mean why legalise something that is smoked when tobacco is bad enough (and of course marijuana must be worse than tobacco, or otherwise it wouldn't be illegal, right?). But I think that the more popular vaping becomes, and the more awareness is built up about it, the less power the whole smoking thing will have as a demon to scare people away from legalising weed.

Mind you, the downside with the increase in awareness about vapes is that people are going to start to know what vapourists are doing, which is going to make public vaping in prohibitionist jurisdictions a different matter from the easy stealth activity it can be now. But then since you're not producing any offending smoke, it might make people a bit less likely to make an issue out of it. But it's going to be like this eventually. It's inevitable, I believe, as vaping is hardly some kind of short-lived niche craze.

So as the world hub for all matters regarding vapourisation, it seems to me that FC in particular may play a major part in defeating the war against weed. And with legal weed and hemp, we can treat the ill, cure cancer, power our transport, feed the world, end poverty, repair the environment, and wear tie-dye clothes and go barefoot and put flowers in our hair and hold hands and dance in large circles in sunny meadows.

Qbit,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I have followed the same train of thought for quite some time, but I still think we are a little ways away in this aspect. If anything, I think the medibles and extracts will follow more of the 'mainstream medication' route - Vaporization will be for the majority of us who like to use it recreationally.

AGBeer,

SD_haze

the only downside, a lot of vaporizers, to a non-smoker, looks even sketchier than smoking a joint.

mostly the lighter-based vapes (which are ammong the cheapest and most accessible) can seem "crackpipe" like.

i think the log-style vapes are the most benign looking :lol:

SD_haze,

Egzoset

Banned
Personnally i find this topic to be a very good idea.

Vaporism should help with social acceptance of cannabis consumption, eventually...

Education is a liberator! I know all too well about it, a year ago i was among those who never heard about vaporizers then the Godess of Weed dared shead some of her divine light on my miserable being and my life was transformed, euh... I hope our future readers will get the picture!

:cool:

Anyway, vaporism helps in many different fashions. My own experience is that i can hope to become a self-sufficient cannabis consumer IF i vaporize: i grow weed behind my kitchen's window. If i had been a smoker i'd need twice the amount of plants and a much larger window - which isn't an option... So, in concrete terms vaporism helps indeed because another thing which makes cannabis problematic generally is the danger associated with growing it (it's got to come from somewhere unless you buy it from an extra-terrestrial dealer)!...

Somebody close to me who owns a parcel of forest land felt threatened when a trespassing grower invaded his property. I figure that wide acceptance of vaporism would probalby help to diminish such occurances by half or so.

Right now i'm verifying that vaporism makes it possible for me to become self-sufficient, which means i won't have to deal with street dealers ever again. That means i can reduce to zero the risks and issues tied to this particular type of activity. Becoming addicted to alcohol is one example, becoming a potential drunk driver threatening the lives of others could also happen to top that!

Do i need to continue while my audience is already converted?...

Vaporism can bring security and health to my home, what more can i say! Euh... Well, not much but there's more i can do and it's to educate people around me.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom