1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ripper - Stainless Steel Grinder

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by lazylathe, May 10, 2018.

1. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  2. Edgedamage

Edgedamage Well-Known Member

3. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Got one comming my way! :tup:

Emailed back and forth with Kevin. If you look on his Instagram he is making them and there's video of the process

3 peice looks nice.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ready to get ripped :rockon:

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    KidFated., IAmKrazy2, steama and 2 others like this.
  4. Slagzord

Slagzord Don't fuckle with shuckle

It looks really sharp! The 100% SS material and finish look great. I just have a hard time justifying a new grinder when my Space Case and S&B units do the job so well. The Kannastor Vapor is kinda cool tho.

steama and lazylathe like this.
  5. steama

steama slightly stoopid

There is one thing I do not like about the ripper grinder from the photos. My main grinder is the two piece NewVape Fine Grind which always produces a perfectly smooth grind for vaping (no chunks). What I do not like about the ripper are the large holes where the herb falls through. The problem is that little nug chunks make it through the holes before being completely ground. So you end up with a nice grind with some chunks. All my three piece grinders have a version of this issue. This is why I prefer a two piece grinder over 3 and 4 piece grinders any day of the week.

Chicken #420, Baron23 and lazylathe like this.
  6. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

I agree!!
    Why i love my Kannastor Vape GR8TR!! Small holes means zero chunks!

Check the IG thread i linked above and watch the 5th post a video with the blue lighter.
    This is the ONLY grind video showing the grind, by a user...

Chicken #420 and steama like this.
  7. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

I Am deff interested in the grind consistency. Only one way to find out :tup:

lazylathe and steama like this.
  8. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Received mine a day early! Thanks @HerbRipper for the priority shipping. The box it came in was a little flimsy but it was bubble wrapped and shipped in a much bigger box.

The ball bearing is pretty neat! I like just spinning it around in the chamber. It's a lot smaller then I pictured it to be! Tall but slender and boy does it have weight to it! Compared to my SCS it feels much more premium. Also I must say I really like the laser etched design on the top! I really love the way it feels and the ability to clean due to the ss construction. seems really sharp and I can't wait to get it cleaned and test it out later tonight!! Knurls are awesome as well!

waiting on consistency but so far it's gorgeous

Chicken #420 and lazylathe like this.
  9. Chicken #420

Chicken #420 I and I be Irie Vaping with U and U in Zion, mon!

I have had my eye on the Ripper, and been seriously tempted. I might still buy...

For now, to scratch my Stainless Steel grinder itch, I recently bought a newer revision (with magnet) "Lincig" brand grinder with rotary stainless blades, similar to the Canadian "Lift" grinder. I was originally going to buy the "Lift" (because generally, I do not care for copy or knockoff products!) but I could not get one with the fine coarseness grinding plate, the only option for buying the fine grinding plate is a huge-ass full grinder "package deal" with tons of stuff I don't need, for $130. No thanks. They have the 3-piece grinder I want, but with medium-coarseness grind plate only - $85. Not too smart, Lift... you lost business by not offering your customer what he wants.

The "Lincig" upgraded model with magnet is $70 by comparison, and comes with all 3 coarsenesses of plates. The grinder itself is perfect... everything I wanted... plus...

No teeth cleaning! The Lincig (and, I suspect the "Lift" too...) scissors up the herb into PERFECT fine fluffy grind, about the consistency of coarse ground wheat flower.... ALL WHILE KEEPING THE GRINDER INTERNALS CLEAN!!! No cleanup, no scraping or getting herb off little diamond shaped teeth... this grinder runs CLEAN and stays that way.

For that reason alone, it has replaced almost every other grinder I use. :)

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    steama likes this.
  10. elykpeace

elykpeace exVASted

Need ideas and input on this here herb ripper. It's a solid stainless steel grinder made by this dude Kevin in Cincinnati. He needs input from us in helping him build the perfect grinder.

I've been emailing back and forth with ideas to make this grinder a great one

smaller holes from grinding chamber to the catch.

more refined flat surfaces/clean up

threads!! They do the trick however it needs improvement.

( Had a ball bearing in the keif catch to help speed along the process) pretty awesome idea.

Someone over on VLF mentioned powder coating the outside various colors??

Ideas? Feedback? Thanks! Peace and love!

Edit: I don't work for this company just trying to make a good product great and we have the opportunity to have an American made stainless steel grinder with our input

Crossposted

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors