Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@b0
I also think NOT glue. Some kinda stain, I'd say.

@ZC
XvK30zq.jpg

ytwMZft.jpg
LOVELY stems Bravesst!
Especially that dark/light one.

This has forced me to contact Alan with my own enquiry :tup:

Are they lined in any way?

@ZC, your one looks great as well!
Very versatile too :science:
The wood part is an 18/18 that can be used without the glass if wanted yeah?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Did some extensive tesing of stems. Most seat the exact same, with a hair of frosted glass visible. One or two must be thick, and sit a bit higher (problematic), while one of about 10 sits deep. It out performs my other stems in the following categories:
1. Longer, smoother, more enjoyable session
2. Better taste from hit one to ????
3. Wide open draw, not sucking on a milkshake straw
4. Less necessary to stir, mess with load
5. Drier ABV, efficiently extracted, less cleaning, more effect

Glass guys, is there a way to polish joint down a bit?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@b0
I also think NOT glue. Some kinda stain, I'd say.

@ZC
XvK30zq.jpg

ytwMZft.jpg

Those are stunning @Alan I know I am going to need some too when I can afford it, will email you at some point not too far away I hope.

So bravesst do they fit just like your best glass stems? Do RBT screens fit just like the glass stems (basket style ideally)?

Two maple, one satin, one walnut? They're short but definitely longer than @Vape Dr.'s tiny first Mi wood stem from Alan... I like em though, will absolutely need one asap

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Those are stunning @Alan I know I am going to need some too when I can afford it, will email you at some point not too far away I hope.

So bravesst do they fit just like your best glass stems? Do RBT screens fit just like the glass stems (basket style ideally)?

Two maple, one satin, one walnut? They're short but definitely longer than @Vape Dr.'s tiny first Mi wood stem from Alan... I like em though, will absolutely need one asap

Those are pics Alan sent me. Stems were sent today. I do have a short wood m to m from Alan, screen basket style works great. You'll love it.

TheRobbo

@b0
I have a small mark like that, that appeared sometime over the past month. I can only summise it was caused by a bit of smoldering weed, looks like your mark just a bit lighter. Ill try and get a picture up later. I also doubt it is glue or anything nasty, there would be residue on the inside of the glass where it traveled to get there, and sure you would have noticed the stank on the first hit...

@b0
I have a small mark like that, that appeared sometime over the past month. I can only summise it was caused by a bit of smoldering weed, looks like your mark just a bit lighter. Ill try and get a picture up later. I also doubt it is glue or anything nasty, there would be residue on the inside of the glass where it traveled to get there, and sure you would have noticed the stank on the first hit...
Glue could have run down between the outside glass and the inside wood. None would be present on the inside glass or out of place. He says it came from the factory like this and it's right up against the wall where the glue would run down.

Last edited:
Skywalker OG,

b0

Cloudy...
@b0

And that's exactly what I find weird, not even a single time I've had any bad flavor in my Milaana. I don't think this is glue at all.

Would appreciate that picture, thx :)

Glue could have run down between the outside glass and the inside wood. None would be present on the inside glass or out of place. He says it came from the factory like this and it's right up against the wall where the glue would run down.

Today I just remembered that one of the first times I was using my Milaana (maybe the first?) some of the weed got between the end of the bowl and the screen of the heater. I don't remember if I hit my Milaana when that happened, I don't think so, but not 100% sure.

PlanetVape told me to contact the manufacturer to be sure, so I'm waiting to hear from RBT. But to be honest I'm starting to think that whatever it is, this isn't glue :shrug:

Changing topic, I havent used my Milaana for just around 24 hours and I can't believe how much I'm missing this vape. Right now I have in use the ones in yellow in my signature and first thing I wanted to do when I arrived home was use my Milaana. This vape is just THAT good, last time this happened to me was when I got my OG Cloud+ but this time is much stronger! Never since I got my first VXL a portable was as good that I didn't use my VXL for a whole week, I can't even believe it!

This is my favorite portable ever, sometimes I will play with the others but without any doubt the vape I want to use most of the time is my Milaana... Maybe I should care less about that stain and just enjoy my vape...:sherlock:

TheRobbo

Not possible the glass doesn't stop at the screen it is basically a female GonG attached to a stem wich continues down to surround the heater at the bottom of the unit. To get glue there it would have to get inside the female and run down... or run down the outside to the heater then turn 180 and run back up the inside of the hidden stem to get there...
So yeah pretty unlikely

Edit
@b0 I will get that picture up as soon as I get home!

Here you go @b0 it hasnt shown up wonderfully in the photo but you can make out the tiny circle near the middle zoom in a bit. At first I thought it was a liquid stain as yours looks also but I have not spilt anything in there. There is only one way mine appeared...
4lCkNpL.jpg

Opps double post just noticed I could have still edited my last post... Modnote: FTFY ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Recently i've been pulling faster and getting bigger, faster hits. I normally pull at about 10% but I've been at 20-30 recently and....my god the clouds are massive. As long as the hit isn't super super long ( I don't know how you could anyway before getting too big of a hit), then it stays cool on the throat and lungs. Wow...can't believe I haven't used it like this as often. way more of a bong hit kind of feel, more of a "punch".

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Recently i've been pulling faster and getting bigger, faster hits. I normally pull at about 10% but I've been at 20-30 recently and....my god the clouds are massive. As long as the hit isn't super super long ( I don't know how you could anyway before getting too big of a hit), then it stays cool on the throat and lungs. Wow...can't believe I haven't used it like this as often. way more of a bong hit kind of feel, more of a "punch".

Do you typically vary your draw speed when pressing the button and at release?

beiberhole69,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

AJS

Calm Consistency
Do you typically vary your draw speed when pressing the button and at release?
Depends on where I'm at in the hit. Sometimes I want to finish it off and cool the unit down and I'll inhale really hard to accomplish that. other times I let go of the throttle and pull really slow for a while to ride the residual. Typically I'll speed it up to get a big cloud but not too much to cool down the heater instantly. Hope that makes sense lol.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Personally I never feather the button. I don't find that mine heats up as quickly and if i do let off for a second my draw rate cools it down too quickly so I never bother.

I do find I can keep a consistent draw speed with holding the button down till I take it off and by that time I'm not getting any vapor and it's nice and roasted.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Personally I never feather the button. I don't find that mine heats up as quickly and if i do let off for a second my draw rate cools it down too quickly so I never bother.

I do find I can keep a consistent draw speed with holding the button down till I take it off and by that time I'm not getting any vapor and it's nice and roasted.

Button depression and draw speed, the 2 "dynamic" varibles of Mi. I use both simultaneously, in an ever changing give and take.

Fixed Variables
Set before session begins
Herb
Grind
Tamp
Battery
Oven
Stem
Screen Orientation
Screen Distance

Dowel and toothpick prototype stir and tamp no spill tool.
Need a tiny funnel to go over toothpick, which will sit on stem like a hat while you stir. Off to home depot for ideas, parts.

JJ51RjV.jpg

Last edited:

ZC

So I picked up one of Underdog's 18mm TonG's from their birthday sale in hopes I could use it both as a log to water adpter and as a dry stem for the Mi.

But while it works great for the Dog, it's not a great choice for the Mi. It conducts way too much heat, after a couple of hits it feels hot to the lips and it takes more button press time to get a good hit. The metal just soaks up all that heat instead of it just passing through the herb.

Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone else was going to buy one with the same purpose.

TheRobbo

So I had a interesting experience yesterday...
Loaded a stem and went out back for a sesh, already a battery loaded so I'm good to go.
Now I had made a bud sandwich with a bunch of the shit out the bottom of my 4 piece grinder (keif?) So wanted to go nice and slow to start and enjoy the evening. Slow is what I got to the point no matter how long I held the button it was low temp...
Hmmm must be low battery, flip the lid ohh thats warm!
Decided to have another long hit any way and the copper and screw was quite hot now. When I got the battery in the charger it read 2.8v but Ive got my bats down to 3v before and had more power than that and no heat in the contact so I'm really thinking something is up.
Now here is some back story:
Over the last few weeks I have been thinking something aint right Milaana just isn't as hot as she used to be, was starting to think maybe the bats are loosing their oomph?
Now the hot contact is new, maybe more noticeable because of the increased button time due to low charge, but definitely a sign of high resistance so I thought maybe my threaded post is loose like others have meantioned. Take everything off but no post is secure, but found a good film of grime in the post thread and the nut as well.
Not sure where its from just day to day dirt I guess... Could be plasic coming from the guitar pic mod mixing with the dirt making a nice high resistance gel in the thread!
All this explains why I've been having problems, taking longer and longer to get to temp and getting less bowls per battery. Corroborated by my findings after I cleaned everything up and had another go...

Oh wow that is the Milaana I remember it feels like a wild animal that needs to be tamed. Im back to getting my face ripped off and being surprised by howmuch vapor come out with so little color change to the load.

Although I must admit I did have my second ever combustion event halfway through the first bowl after cleaning the contact. Though with the great feedback of the short stem was able realize what was happening before the bulk of the smoke reached half way up the stem so avoided tasting it and 10 mins in some brewers cleaner fixed the smell.
But overall I feel the extra heat is better/easier to controll was charing alot more tring to get up to temp when loosing power, but its much more responsive now less lag... edit though when I finally get round to putting a power adapter together those long endless low temp flaver hits were great :drool:

Any way I guess the moral of the story is keep your post clean:freak:

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
This has taken Mi to another level. Cooler, tastier, tastes better than food! So, so smooth. @Alan is the man. Get your orders in now. Hopefully RBT will be making wood stems soon.

So happy I have 5 wood stems, many pics to follow. This one is a shorter, short. Got 2 short, 2 shorter, 1 m2m adapter super short.
uh7cOtv.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
This has taken Mi to another level. Cooler, tastier, tastes better than food! So, so smooth. @Alan is the man. Get your orders in now. Hopefully RBT will be making wood stems soon.

So happy I have 5 wood stems, many pics to follow. This one is a shorter, short. Got 2 short, 2 shorter, 1 m2m adapter super short.
uh7cOtv.jpg

So how bout we see a photo of each stem in a Milaana ;) Guess you'll need a fifth Mi then!

Seriously @Alan I am going to need at least one of these, probably two, wish I could afford it right now... Oh what is the price by the way?

AJS

Calm Consistency
Seriously @Alan I am going to need at least one of these, probably two, wish I could afford it right now... Oh what is the price by the way?
Uhhh yeah most definitely same!

With my faster draw speed recently, I've been getting larger hits and keeping the load super even and lightly colored. I'll do 4 back to back rippers and the load will be yellow and I'm just sitting here not wanting to vape more, but not wanting to waste lol.

beiberhole69

Sexual Maven
Had to break out the bubbler last night as my tongue was getting cooked using the direct draw stems (even the long one, but most of the damage done with the shorty). I'm probably using it too much to gauge the air temp.

Anyway, had a few awesome bowls through glass that really blew me away. Using the same basic technique I use was the OEM stems I was able to get a ton (almost a dozen maybe?) of awesome flavorful hits with no char/popcorn taste and nice clouds (maybe more like fog, or mist than actual clouds, but satisfying lung fulls off fog). I'm too scared to try to milk the glass as that's how I've combusted nearly everytime I've tried to go through water. I was able to stay disciplined last night and not chase the clouds and it was pretty fucking awesome. I was actually able to extract deeper than with the direct draw stems. FInally getting some dark dark browns instead of dull green that I throw in the nano. And it was probably the first prolong sesh with water where it wasn't cut short because I combusted, but because I was simply too high to smoke any more and I passed out.

I got into a zone there at the end where the Mi was so warm it only took a couple clicks of the button to get the hit going. It was like the battery was full but when I slapped it on the charger this morn it was 45% or so.

I've got to admit, I wish it were easier for me to pull more dense vapor and cash the bowls in fewer tokes. But the never ending flavor is awesome... and the effects I'm able to draw out on those later hits where it's brown-green but still not charred just makes me comatose'd (in the best possible way).

Got a shipping notification through paypal from RBT but no tracking number. That's an incredibly quick turnaround if he's really already shipping back. Think it will be snail mail since no tracking but I'm excited to get them back when they come.

Edit: Nevermind...just realized that notification was probably for the screens I ordered ~16 days ago. I knew ol' RBT wouldn't possibly be that quick lol.

Last edited:

gkaraman

Hello,

I am between Milaana VS Vapcap's as my next partner. My other roommates are Vapman and Haze V3. I am very enthusiast about convection feel from Milaana since I have used only conduction vapes.

My first criteria is how high the effects can get you with the same load(usually small). That's why I prefer vapman in the nights and haze on the go. Do you believe Milaana can give you bigger or better high? Or it has smoother highness and its better for midday usage ?

Secondly I prefer on demand hits and stop, and continue later. If possible to finish an entire bowl in fastest way(with less and long slow or aggressive draws). I am bored to have a big session of 10+ or 15+ hits. So with Milaana with how many big long hits can I finish the entire bowl ?

Thirdly I want to use very small loads sometimes. Milaana has the same good result whatever amount you put in the bowl ?

Lastly I prefer smooth, cool draws with the minimum draw resistance and to do aggresive or slow or mixed inhaling speed draws.

Also I remembered I use hash sometimes, how Milaana goes with those old morrocen pressed kief or hard hashes?

Do the company has good warranty support ? I red about 3 years. Does the unit have warranty ad failure issues often ?

I saw in RBT site that Milaana is out of stock or the site is down temporary. Do you know when can I order again. Also I live in Greece, Europe so is there any online shops in Europe ?

@natural farmer since you have all these vapes and I count your opinion give me your lights. Also how did you get your Milaana shipped here in Valkania (and have easy future warranty issues)?

Sorry for my long message. I am so psycho for learning too much info of whatever, I must change that sometime..

Last edited:

ZC

@gkaraman

I have both and I don't use the cap that often. I like it but the Mi is faster, easier, and more effective in nearly every way. The cap is a bit more portable but it isn't more stealth since you have to hold the flame on it and spin it for so long. Ignorant people look at it in use and think of a crack pipe. While the Mi looks more like a wooden ecig box mod.

Your only feedback with the cap is the click, which I find can be a bit inconsistent. With the milaana you get instant feedback since you're inhaling while you're heating.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a milaana and then also get the cheapest of vapcap to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom