Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbieVonVapster

What's better than a Milaana well 2 of course. Got my backup Milaana from 420EDC awesome service less than 2 days from order to door.

Both seemed tuned the same and preform the same. So happy finally found my desktop replacement. Nice not to have to worry about being without one if I break glass again.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Ok party people, USPS got me yesterday, but today they delivered! I'll start by thanking RBT, his unofficial team, all of you posting actual info about the unit and @cannabis.pro (420EDC.com) who answered PM'd questions on Labor day and shipped Tuesday! All you guys rock just like this thing!!!!

First unregulated and first manual other than MFLB that I really never took to. First bowl almost done, and while I'm sure I have a lot of room to improve my technique, I'm already loving my Milaana :rockon:

I'm getting nice soft whispy hits that are oh so tasty (my current goal)! I'm working my way up learning the battery as she depletes, can't wait to start over with a fresh load and battery! Clouds they are a comin'!

I do have two questions with a side note......

The long stem that came bubble wrapped nicely looks to either be scratched or cracked?

SO2IZpX.jpg

The screens came pre-installed and when I tried to move the screen shorter in the short stem, it was in there like nobody's business! Could the long one have gotten cracked when they inserted the screen? I thought they might be scratches, but I have noticed that they move with the light, as-in they look 3D and not like a surface scratch.

Is it safe to use? I'm assuming no and haven't yet, but I've got a very short history with glass, so I haven't come across odd situations like this yet.

The second question is about batteries. I have searched, and I'm up to page 70 in catching up, but I've yet to see a clear answer on this one yet. Are INR batteries acceptable for use with the Mi?

I have 5 of the brown from RBT, so I'm ok, but I have another eFest IMR 3000mAH 30A I believe it's marked and (2) Samsung 32E's that are also 3000mAH but INR's. i know I can throw the eFest into the rotation, but what about the others? Just want to make sure I pack them away if they're a no go.

This as of now unnamed beast is everything I was hoping the GH would be. The hits are not hot, taste great, are almost instantly available and there is zero restriction.

Off to start practicing. Practice? Practice? Yes, I'm talking 'bout practice!

Have a great weekend, I may not be around much,

MT

Does look like a crack, fine to use, just be careful. If you try to move the screen wear gloves and away from eyes etc. in case it does break (happened to me once barehanded and I got cut when it split, I had been using it with a SonG for water use and it broke when I was twisting it on). Send the photo to RBT and he'll send out a fresh new one for you (he may even give you something extra for your trouble)

ZC

What's better than a Milaana well 2 of course. Got my backup Milaana from 420EDC awesome service less than 2 days from order to door.

Both seemed tuned the same and preform the same. So happy finally found my desktop replacement. Nice not to have to worry about being without one if I break glass again.

I'm thinking about getting a backup as well. This is the only vape in my aresenal I really cannot go without.

And after reading a lot of people's experience I suspect my unit might be a bit cold as well. I get less bowls per battery and have longer heatup times than many are reporting. Obviously performance isn't bad or anything, I'm still getting fantastic results, but I suspect other Mi's are running hotter.

I'm thinking about getting a backup as well. This is the only vape in my aresenal I really cannot go without.

And after reading a lot of people's experience I suspect my unit might be a bit cold as well. I get less bowls per battery and have longer heatup times than many are reporting. Obviously performance isn't bad or anything, I'm still getting fantastic results, but I suspect other Mi's are running hotter.
If you have good batteries and still think there's a chance your Milaana could be cold my guess is it is.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I'm already loving my Milaana :rockon:

I'm getting nice soft whispy hits that are oh so tasty (my current goal)! I'm working my way up learning the battery as she depletes, can't wait to start over with a fresh load and battery! Clouds they are a comin'!
I live for posts like this. Great read on my break from work, snapped me out of my tired zone of captioning.
Learning the unit, getting expected results, taking it easy, feeling it out ... Perfect.

Mine also came scratched, I don't use it, as it's a backup, (or cracked), but I imagine it would technically be safe. Rbt should send you a new one I think if you hit him up! I personally wouldn't use it unless required, but I can't imagine anything would happen as long as you clean it in case tiny shards are floating about or something along those lines. Maybe tap it on something to ensure its sturdiness? I'm not liable for breakage though! :)

Batteries are suggest 2500 (some do 3000) I believe, but the requirement comes with the 20A high discharge. This ensures the unit isn't overworked and won't KaBoom. Honestly, safety is huge around these parts. Unless you're absolutely sure about your batteries, keep it safe.

Enjoy man :)

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Are INR batteries acceptable for use with the Mi? I have 5 of the brown from RBT, so I'm ok, but I have another eFest IMR 3000mAH 30A I believe it's marked and (2) Samsung 32E's that are also 3000mAH but INR's. i know I can throw the eFest into the rotation, but what about the others?

INR or IMR, it doesn't matter much, those are just a different chemistry, cf: https://batterybro.com/blogs/18650-.../18880255-battery-chemistry-finally-explained

What really matters is the continuous discharge rate. I don't see your particular Efest listed (either 35A or 20A for the 3000's) but in all cases it's 20A continuous at best (they don't have anything better even if their wrappings tell the contrary) and not a recommended brand anyways.

I also don't know the 32E but as of today there are only 3 Samsung cells that we can use: 20R, 25R and 30Q, the latter being very promising for our particular application as it's cheaper than the LG HG2.

GTAVaper

@KeroZen Those Samsung 30q are rated at 15A continuous from what I can find. Has anyone tested these in their Milaana? I remember them being mentioned a while back but I may have missed the results.

That is a very conservative rating by the manufacturer but those who test batteries and post the results online have found the discharge curves under load to be almost identical (or close enough) to the higher rated LG HG2.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I've strayed a bit, but I have to say, the long, tasty, effective, effortless sessions are very hard to beat.
Ok party people, USPS got me yesterday, but today they delivered! I'll start by thanking RBT, his unofficial team, all of you posting actual info about the unit and @cannabis.pro (420EDC.com) who answered PM'd questions on Labor day and shipped Tuesday! All you guys rock just like this thing!!!!

First unregulated and first manual other than MFLB that I really never took to. First bowl almost done, and while I'm sure I have a lot of room to improve my technique, I'm already loving my Milaana :rockon:

I do have two questions with a side note......

The long stem that came bubble wrapped nicely looks to either be scratched or cracked?

SO2IZpX.jpg

The screens came pre-installed and when I tried to move the screen shorter in the short stem, it was in there like nobody's business! Could the long one have gotten cracked when they inserted the screen? I thought they might be scratches, but I have noticed that they move with the light, as-in they look 3D and not like a surface scratch.

Is it safe to use? I'm assuming no and haven't yet, but I've got a very short history with glass, so I haven't come across odd situations like this yet.

The second question is about batteries. I have searched, and I'm up to page 70 in catching up, but I've yet to see a clear answer on this one yet. Are INR batteries acceptable for use with the Mi?

I have 5 of the brown from RBT, so I'm ok, but I have another eFest IMR 3000mAH 30A I believe it's marked and (2) Samsung 32E's that are also 3000mAH but INR's. i know I can throw the eFest into the rotation, but what about the others? Just want to make sure I pack them away if they're a no go.

This as of now unnamed beast is everything I was hoping the GH would be. The hits are not hot, taste great, are almost instantly available and there is zero restriction.

Off to start practicing. Practice? Practice? Yes, I'm talking 'bout practice!

Have a great weekend, I may not be around much,

MT
That's a pretty big crack. I've had small "flaws" in the upper stem, and can use no problem, by I'd return that stem.

Good luck "practicing". Any specific questions, we're here to help.

b0

Cloudy...
After a couple days with my Milaana I have to say that I'm in love. Past night I found my perfect technic to control temp and avoid charring. Never combusted so far.

I'm still undecided if I like more the stock short or the PVFS, but I have find myself the last couple days using more often the PVFS m2m. The 14mm side it's nice to use native and I can use it in a bubbler at any point (I have always one around in my table) so it's the one I use most of the time. Haven't tried the long one yet.

At first I started following some of the tips I found here: pressing the button x seconds and then draw and let the button go after x seconds, feathering, different drawing speeds... First day I had some issues with a bit of charring and vapor a bit too hot/harsh sometimes. I was expecting it, so just stirred more often and keep testing. It's a hard work! Too high most of the time, it's good that I'm on holidays :freak:

Past night I started trying just puffing at different speeds while pressing the button, when I feel the vapor is at the heat point I want I just release the button or feather it as needed. I keep puffin until I feel my lungs almost full and then I take a longer one just to use the remaining heat. This way I can control perfectly the extraction temp and It's almost no need to stirring at all!! So far this is the best technic I have found for myself, nice clouds or just wispy flavourful one if I want. I feel in control now :rockon:

I love to just take a little piece of a nug and put it there, take a couple low temperature puffs, turn it and take another couple one, grind it by hand and take a couple more dense low temp ones and after that start with higher temp and just start flying...

Did I say that I love this vape?:razz:

By the way, any tips on taking care of the wood? First wood vape apart from my MFLB and will like to keep this beauty "good looking" :luv:

Edit: Better rewording, english is not my main and I was a bit medicated :haw:

Last edited:

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
After a couple days with my Milaana I have to say that I'm in love. Past night I found my perfect technic to control temp and avoid charring. Never combusted so far.

I'm still undecided if I like more the stock short or the PVFS, but I have find myself the last couple days using more often the PVFS m2m. The 14mm side it's nice to use native and I can use it in a bubbler at any point (I have always one around in my table) so it's the one I use most of the time. Haven't tried the long one yet.

At first I started following some of the tips I found here: pressing the button x seconds and then draw and let the button go after x seconds, feathering, different drawing speeds... First day I had some issues with a bit of charring and vapor a bit too hot/harsh sometimes. I was expecting it, so just stirred more often and keep testing. It's a hard work! Too high most of the time, it's good that I'm on holidays :freak:

Past night I started trying just puffing at different speeds while pressing the button until I start to find the heat at the point I wanted and just release the button or feather it as needed but puffin until the last draw that I take a longer one just to use the remaining heat. This way I can control perfectly the extraction temp and I almost need no stirring at all!! So far this is the best technic I have found for myself, nice clouds or just wispy flavourful one if I want at the beggining. I feel in control now :rockon:

I love you just take a little piece of a nug and put it there, take a couple low temperature puffs, turn it and take another couple one, grind it by hand and take a couple more dense low temp ones and after that start with higher temp and just start flying...

Did I say that I love this vape?:razz:

By the way, any tips on taking care of the wood? First wood vape apart from my MFLB and will like to keep this beauty "good looking" :luv:

Hey mate. I told you, you would love it. :) So glad you pulled the trigger and can experience it yourself now. Happy learning curve and loads of vapor fun! :D

Btw: I love the nug technique. Using it with all my vapes momentarily. Conserves flavor top, and after breaking it down, it's like a second bowl with turbo clouds (cause it's been dried and "primed"). Tasty monster hits!

:peace:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Those Samsung 30q are rated at 15A continuous from what I can find. Has anyone tested these in their Milaana?

Yes I'm evaluating one at the moment. Received it a few days ago and so far so good. I love their pinkish-purplish color, I know it's silly but... I enjoy the battery swapping on the Mi, it's part of the ritual, and it's very subtle but you can see a dash of the wrapping color below the copper tab so...

Somehow I associated these cute 18650's to "instant gratification coming very soon" and they are an integral part of the experience now. No cell, no joy. Rainbow colored cells waiting in their plastic cases to be picked... Load one color to please the beast, then load the bowl to ease the other beast...

Last edited:

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Thanks to all for all the great info and new input. Can't think of much to add, but am still loving my Sweet Milly anytime I'm away from a power source. Whether in the car, on the trail, sneaking hits at the bar, museum, game, concert, it is the only way to go!

Just got back from a mini-vaca and she made the trip so much better. A few quick pics I was able to snap not too far from where she was created in upstate NY. Don't mind my not quite square cut of the stem. It's nice and smooth and only took 5 minutes to trim - no dremel needed.

At the gorge:
d5SvFYP.jpg

Hanging out over 500' of water:
kiSVXuw.jpg

And, where she really got a workout every day and night, from the upper deck dock at the cabin:
czUMIib.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
After what seems like forever... My parts for my @ZC fake battery mod have arrived!!
The buck converter took 5 weeks to arrive... The wonders of FREE SHIPPING...LOL!

I have my input at 20V and 5A and this seems to be perfect as i can keep my original timing!
When the battery was brand new, 5 seconds to vapor was normal and now with many charge cycles it has increased to a 7 second button hold from cold. Still amazing time to vapor but it is starting to drop off a bit quicker now and the Milaana has kind of almost gone out of rotation for a while. This is why i despise batteries, especially removable ones for some reason... My MiniVap is 2 1/2 years old and the battery is still as good as day one, odd!

So with the "fake-Ery" mod installed, a nug packed in the shorty stem, i am get awesome low temp hits with blue vapor at 5 seconds and if i clear and cool the unit down i can just have flavor hits until the body starts to heat up. Once this starts to happen i eject the load, crumble and reload with a slight tamp.
My Milaana now excels here!! The clouds are thick and huge and a few stirs and tamps and the load is spent!
No more worries about battery state or if i remembered to charge it or how many bowls it has done!
Flick the power switch and you are good to go!! Forever!!

This would be an ideal add on option with a simple jack on the side of the unit.
This would make it a portable/desktop unit as you would still have full access to the battery slot!
Just add a power supply and buck converter and you are good to go!
I wonder if one of those fancy Voltage Keepers could power the Milaana...

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
I've been using the super long stems from my Zion in place this week and it's night and day: the taste is so much better, I almost couldn't tell the difference with my Zion, proof it's really the stem length that has a dramatic impact.

Hey mate,
forgot to ask earlier:
how long are those super long stems? I guess they have to be longer than the regular Milaana long stem. Never seen RBT sell them, so I'm curious.:)
I dig the long stem. Think it delivers the best taste- not harsh but flavorful.

Just had a wonderful session. Stock screen, basket style, a millimeter from brim, 0.05g nug. Heat hovering into the stem and heat soaking everything. It just eats thru the load reliably... so fresh and pure.
Flavortown all around - and haven't broken down the nug yet. Next stop Cloudcity!:D

Chooo chooooo

Love and peace y'all

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
This would be an ideal add on option with a simple jack on the side of the unit.

This is a brilliant idea actually! Would just be a bit problematic if the user forgets to remove the cell when using the jack (as a single trigger switch would have to close both circuits at once) but I think it should work and the jack could be installed next to the trigger and assembled during the same step before gluing the bottom body part.

how long are those super long stems? I guess they have to be longer than the regular Milaana long stem. Never seen RBT sell them, so I'm curious.:)

Heh maybe we are talking about the same? It's just the long stem from the Zion, that is the uncut one that doesn't fit in the storage compartment. Maybe there's just "long", "medium" and "short"? :shrug:

Been using it since my last post and it's incredible: I can push my extraction much further, vapor is much cooler, it's a delight. Really I feel little difference with the Zion using those and I find the Mi easier to use overall, despite the lack of throat feedback.

I always wondered why I found the Mi more aggressive and less pleasant than the Zi as they have more or less the same heater. It's trickier to tame but the heat from the short path is also a big factor. Now that I know the timing by heart and that I could use it with my eyes closed, switching to the long stem made it even more enjoyable.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I just realized all my Mi complaints vanished.

Complaint then, how I feel now
1. Battery indicator, now don't want or need one
2. Wood and Glass, was I on drugs?
3. Unregulated, now best part about it
4. So much technique, now I enjoy mastering technique
5. Demands focus, now not so much

VAS has changed, my standards higher. The bar has been raised! Now I'm looking for a different, albeit as powerful, experience.

Not easy live up to the power of Milaana.

AJS

Calm Consistency
I just realized all my Mi complaints vanished.

Complaint then, how I feel now
1. Battery indicator, now don't want or need one
2. Wood and Glass, was I on drugs?
3. Unregulated, now best part about it
4. So much technique, now I enjoy mastering technique
5. Demands focus, now not so much

VAS has changed, my standards higher. The bar has been raised! Now I'm looking for a different, albeit as powerful, experience.

Not easy live up to the power of Milaana.
Sounds like your describing a lotus! (When considering technique). I think the brick might be easier to use than the lotus, haven't used yet...and most likely more powerful.

The button is so second nature to me, it's like my mouth sends a signal to my hand I don't actually do anything.
I remember how much you disliked the no battery indicator. Good thing we have an internal one! Natural instinctual internal clock has evolved!

What I love, is that there are a lot of vapes that are built to please the masses, this is not one of those vapes. This vape was meant to make us, who choose a different path, to vape in awe, power, and on demand. It won't lead the way, but it'll sure have your back. It doesn't propose questions like "how can I get more vapor" or "how do I fix my unit" but "how do I tame this thing" and "this thing is water resistant, right?" It doesn't have you coughing up the bank but it'll have you coughing up a lung as it punishes you for your greedy habits. (I'm looking for a word here instead of punishing greed, but teaching ____, almost modesty, but I can't think of it. Damn my short stubborn vocabulary, ... Humbling maybe?).

Basically, in short, the Milaana is your own person Jedi trainer. Use the force.
Tame the force.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Well... I could use an internal battery indicator of some kind, as right now I always test the cell voltage externally before starting a session (as I get only 3 per charge with my usage pattern, and the last one depends on how much I dragged the two firsts, sometimes the voltage is so low before I start the 3rd that it's not worth it, I know I would struggle too much and I just swap out)

Swapping in and out so much makes the screw post undo itself quite fast, so frequently I have to remove the lid and screw the post counter clockwise back to the max...

For less than $2 shipped you can get a little voltmeter which is precise enough for our purpose, like this: http://www.banggood.com/0_28-Inch-2_5V-30V-Mini-Digital-Voltmeter-p-974258.html

And for convenience you can solder it to a 18650 holder like this ($0.55 shipped): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/186...1-18650-Holder-3-7V-with-Pin/32542430206.html

The best would be to have something like this directly inside the device: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1S-...-Level-LED-Indicator-charger/32716130189.html

...where it would be activated on demand (button push) to show the level using percentage LEDs... but before you all bash me, okay it's not "KISS" and it would require a lot of added complexity on the Mi body machining... so prolly not worth it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom