Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Possible, I suppose, but I don't know. It was snug enough not to move on its own, but it didn't take much force to move it either. It definitely made me more conscious of using a very light touch when sweeping anything off the heater screen.
Glass needs light touch for sure, hard not to forget every once in a while. Backups, backups, backups.

Bravesst,

GTAVaper

Potential Canada Post strike is delayed until next Wed, July 6th at the earliest for anyone that has their Milaana in transit to Canada.

This means that I should get mine - even if they end up striking on or after this coming Wednesday.
Just thought that I would mention this in case there is anyone else in the same boat as I am ......living in Canada and waiting for a package in transit

adam_baumm

How are people here doing their grind. Dry herb and very ground?
Coarse grind with less dry herb?

I'm after shorter and denser sessions.

adam_baumm,

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
How are people here doing their grind. Dry herb and very ground?
Coarse grind with less dry herb?

I'm after shorter and denser sessions.

My current herb is pretty dry and I'm getting my best results from a medium grind, stock basket position, 1/3rd of a bowl full, 3 second pre-heat, 6 to 8 second draws, releasing button around 5 seconds in, maybe feathering a little towards the end of the draw, especially if I decide to extend the draw a bit.

I rarely think about any of this though, I just grip it and rip it most of the time, and feather the button according to how hot the draw feels, and taste.

I generally cash my average load in about 5 draws or thereabouts, depending on whether I'm more in the mood for taste, or clouds.

Ryan got back to me pretty quick re' my broken stems, and is going to fix me up with replacements.
Until they arrive I'll be using the cheap Chinese GonG that I shortened to fit the Milaana glass.
The GonG is a bit of a pain in the ass though, as I always have trouble getting the screen to stay put.
Every so often I accidentally dump a partially spent load in my lap if I decide to stir (don't always stir BTW), so I'll be glad when I can get a better one.

adam_baumm

Man do I have dry specks of resin on my silver button. Sticks like mad. Have to use left hand, finger beside pinky. It's the only one without herb resin ;)

adam_baumm,
Reactions: killick

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
@adam_baumm
no perceptible resin, but on BamBam there is, or was, some button depression issues. It's one of the reasons I'm glad to have M1 to salvage for spare parts. If there is no soldering, I can probably remove bottom plate and replace a button. (??????) Or at least try. Button seemed to have corrected itself, no "stuckness", just had to depress hard to get current to flow. I could see some possible drippage (word???) down, but that would have to be some dripping weed. I love to dry my herb under a light bulb to dry the shit out of it, get all the water out, so it's less fouling to the vape. With the AA that was critical to performance.
BTW: love being back on a laptop (im on an HP pavillion 360 11 inch), can type some much faster, and hopefully contribute the the advanced usage of the incredible vaping machine. I see mods, mods, mods.

As far as keeping the glass bowl in place with a fastener of sorts, you'll also need to tighten the seal and restrict air flow (what the epoxy does), except for the inlet area. I'm sure RBT experimented a lot with the amount of air flow in and around the glass. It seems, without the suction seal necessary when taking a slow, but powerful inhalation, you can't get the heat to hover in the weed and produce cool vapor at your lips. This is essential, good suction, slow but powerful pull, hover heat in bowl for just the right amount of time, and let the sweet nectar in. One drop too long, say goodbye to taste. Two drops you got charring. If you quit too soon, wispy. Once you gain superior coordination of this process, the sky is the limit.

What about a way to screw the bowl down? It needs to be in tight or you cannot rock the stem to loosen and remove. Just thinking out loud here.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@adam_baumm
no perceptible resin, but on BamBam there is, or was, some button depression issues. It's one of the reasons I'm glad to have M1 to salvage for spare parts. If there is no soldering, I can probably remove bottom plate and replace a button. (??????) Or at least try. Button seemed to have corrected itself, no "stuckness", just had to depress hard to get current to flow. I could see some possible drippage (word???) down, but that would have to be some dripping weed. I love to dry my herb under a light bulb to dry the shit out of it, get all the water out, so it's less fouling to the vape. With the AA that was critical to performance.
BTW: love being back on a laptop (im on an HP pavillion 360 11 inch), can type some much faster, and hopefully contribute the the advanced usage of the incredible vaping machine. I see mods, mods, mods.

As far as keeping the glass bowl in place with a fastener of sorts, you'll also need to tighten the seal and restrict air flow (what the epoxy does), except for the inlet area. I'm sure RBT experimented a lot with the amount of air flow in and around the glass. It seems, without the suction seal necessary when taking a slow, but powerful inhalation, you can't get the heat to hover in the weed and produce cool vapor at your lips. This is essential, good suction, slow but powerful pull, hover heat in bowl for just the right amount of time, and let the sweet nectar in. One drop too long, say goodbye to taste. Two drops you got charring. If you quit too soon, wispy. Once you gain superior coordination of this process, the sky is the limit.

What about a way to screw the bowl down? It needs to be in tight or you cannot rock the stem to loosen and remove. Just thinking out loud here.
On Milaanas with a recessed glass female, a screw with a large enough head to go into the wood and have the head overlap the glass thereby holding it in place. One could even use 2 screws on opposite sides of the glass female. There are many different designs of screws so you can "style" it in your own way.

adam_baumm

My button works fine. It just has specks of weed resin stuck to it on the outside from my fingers. With a bit of sweat on my finger I was able to remove most of it.

I use a clean finger now ;)

adam_baumm,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
How about eliminating the glass female altogether. BamBam injured, another crack, 3 weeks, real gentle with it. Works perfectly, not sure how long it's there. I think epoxy ended short of vent hole, creating a vulnerability. You can see it in pic. Had it out in sun and saw it. I'm bummed , need a non glass, or quick change out glass bowl.

yUKMaVF.jpg

Last edited:
If there is no soldering, I can probably remove bottom plate and replace a button. (??????)
Seems very doable, especially since Ryan posted the uneven button fix. Heating it up should cause it to pop right off after unscrewing it. I'm assuming you're doing this to the original and out of warranty Milly yeah?

How about eliminating the glass female altogether. BamBam injured, another crack, 3 weeks, real gentle with it. Works perfectly, not sure how long it's there. I think epoxy ended short of vent hole, creating a vulnerability. You can see it in pic. Had it out in sun and saw it. I'm bummed , need a non glass, or quick change out glass bowl.
yUKMaVF.jpg

You've officially overtaken me for unluckiest dude. Hope RBT makes it right for you, considering you already have one outside of warranty I'd send him this one back... :2c: Hope your experience doesn't mirror my own and youre back to it soon.

I wonder if machining the F fitting into the wood is feasible?? Would eliminate a fair bit of adhesive, be near invincible and provide a far easier stop for the heaters screen. I wonder if this has been considered?

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
maybe I'm just a heavy user, so shit happens to me first. I run about 1.5 g a day through this, maybe 1.0 with efficiency.
I will probably not fix this myself, even though I have an extra female lying around, I got from an unnamed source.

This is not a good sign of whats to come for us all. I don't want a DD that breaks, especially when it's so "simple". This is a simple fix for a "vape designer". I like the idea of a SS bowl, or whatever you vape geniuses can dream up, but this cracking glass that is part of the vape is not good. Either I need a swap out, or in the end, I'm gonna gravitate to something that I don't have to fix every 3 weeks, good or bad CS. Bad CS only makes it worse.

I've bought 3. Two cracked glass, one bottom plate fall off, one button issue, and Pandora is yet to be started.

No more new Milaana's until a redesign... either from RBT, or somebody comes up with a simple DIY. I was playing around with a disaseembled AA, the top fits in the hole, I wonder if a morph would be possible, remove over floor, replace with screen, use 14 mm Arizer stems of which I have 20.

Hope I've given some of you ideas, because this is probably beyond my skills and tools, and I love this vape.

but it still works! that's kinda amazing

Last edited:

adam_baumm

You have been warned several times about discussing mod decisions publicly. Warning point issued.
Yikes at above post. When I posted here about what I though people would want to know. I was blasted by mods.

See my post in general discussIon and add to it there.

This is a backup for my mighty that I have to send in.

The glass and part that covers the heater look like they may break easily.

Let's see.

Something anecdotal. After using milaana for 2 days I used mighty again. The mouthpiece seemed so tiny. Weird moment. I felt like bfg ;)

Last edited:
adam_baumm,

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Hola FC:
I don't want to tell you how to do things, or not that is any of my business , but...
@Bravesst
I watched your videos , your first videos of Milaana usage, and I've seen you twisting and pushing, and putting a tremendous force pushing down on your stems when you load them in your 18F heater, at least that was my impression in the first videos you posted a long time ago. I haven't seen your latest videos, or not seen how you're dealing with them now.... IMO that puts a lot of stress in the 18F glass heater, IMO that is probably the cause of so many of your glass breaking and detaching... Just IMHO...
Here's a link to my "at the moment" solution for my "unglued" 18F heater...
I hope it helps...

[URL="http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-rbt-milaana-unregulated-single-18650.18829/page-135#post-976418"]The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)[/URL]

@nondarb
I totally agree with the machining from the beginning...
I'll really encourage RBT & Co. to pay more attention to FC consumers mods and advice...
IMO if they manage to create a tapered machining on the 18F glass heater sitting, and the layers/channels/airpaths machined the way, that I made with my silicon stripes mod in this link, I'll definitely buy another or recommend it to friends...
IMO the only portable vape I can vouch for OUT OF THE BOX usage and blow tasty massive clouds with no fuzz is the Solo.

Oogendoogan

I abuse my Milaana daily and I am a very heavy user, I mean I don't consider it that heavy but compared to others in this state I am. 2 grams a day most days.. And a lot of that will be with my Milaana most days. I mean I have other vapes and don't only use the Milaana but I did only use it for about a month after I got it so that's a lot of every day use.

I think that since this thing has a glass joint, if your gonna be running it through water, you gotta be careful, you gotta be careful if your not using water.. I mean for example people tell others to spin their stem in this thread, so they can avoid stirring. I agree with this and do it myself. But do you guys really just spin the stem?? That sounds like joint lock and cracks waiting to happen. I lift up and make sure the joints aren't locked at all and then spin. Also when using on a male to make with water, you may spin the Milaana around the stem to avoid stirring.. Same principle of you are not lifting up a bit and being gentle I feel like the glass will crack or break..

Seventh floor is one company I can use as an example here as they don't cover their glass parts with warranty and they have some of the same issues.. Like go ahead and put a GG SSV wand in the heater cover and let it lock, then go ahead and try to twist it around. That shit will break and they will just have you buy another cover and wand at like 45$ last time I checked.. RBT could just be charging for glass breaks if they were a larger company. I mean the whole idea of this vape having an 18mm glass heater is awesome because of adaptablity but from the beginning of this I knew that if that joint locked on anything at all I could easily crack my Milaana. Honestly it's cool that Ryan gave out a lifetime warranty on the glass.

I am sorry to see people's glass breaking here but no offense to anyone when I say this.. If you have had more than 1 units glass joint break and there are plenty of people that haven't had one issue.. Maybe it has less to do with the units design and more to do with the way you use and perhaps maybe abuse the glass joint in there a little.. I mean it's the same thing with an EVO, some people have had a few bamboo replacements because they pull the HT off fast and break it and some have had them for years and never replaced the glass on the inside that also has an 18mm joint (it's called glass bamboo) i locked the joint on my Evo last night, if I wasn't patient and careful that could have easily been a broken glass bamboo and a 75$ fix through VXL. At lest RBT is fixing these for free.:2c:

I think any vape that has glass will always be ranked lower in durability. I mean even my beloved SSV which was a tank sitting on my table never to be lost was made breakable by its glass parts and I personally went through breaking a GG heater cover and wand from joint lock and it took 7 days for seventh floor to get me a new wand and cover for a discount and it was still over 40$. I am personally happy with the Mi and hope that glass doesn't ever crack but if it does I will just send it in.. And be more careful in the future because joint lock is avoidable and fixable.

I may be 100% wrong here so please share your stories and maybe none of these cracks and breaks are coming from locking the joint in anyway. Please let me know if that's the case, I am not trying to solve everyone's problem just trying to figure out why some people seem to be having issues and others are so happy.

Cheers FC
Stay vaped :peace::leaf:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@WakeAndVape I had been drawing on my Milaana like a cigar or blunt. Horizontal. Your video made me remember I should try to keep it vertical. Thanks man.

Can anyone chime in on dis here.

Yeah I actually like to do that too, I do that the most maybe but I also use it vertical as well. Also yeah medium grind best, medium dry herbs, but can be courser too, just may need to stir more then, unless it's a small enough bowl then maybe no stirring even. If you do a chunky finger broken grind, make sure it's even less packed and/or with standard screen style vs basket. Experiment to find the best for you and your herbs, since it can be different depending on individual variables

maybe I'm just a heavy user, so shit happens to me first. I run about 1.5 g a day through this, maybe 1.0 with efficiency.
I will probably not fix this myself, even though I have an extra female lying around, I got from an unnamed source.

This is not a good sign of whats to come for us all. I don't want a DD that breaks, especially when it's so "simple". This is a simple fix for a "vape designer". I like the idea of a SS bowl, or whatever you vape geniuses can dream up, but this cracking glass that is part of the vape is not good. Either I need a swap out, or in the end, I'm gonna gravitate to something that I don't have to fix every 3 weeks, good or bad CS. Bad CS only makes it worse.

I've bought 3. Two cracked glass, one bottom plate fall off, one button issue, and Pandora is yet to be started.

No more new Milaana's until a redesign... either from RBT, or somebody comes up with a simple DIY. I was playing around with a disaseembled AA, the top fits in the hole, I wonder if a morph would be possible, remove over floor, replace with screen, use 14 mm Arizer stems of which I have 20.

Hope I've given some of you ideas, because this is probably beyond my skills and tools, and I love this vape.

but it still works! that's kinda amazing

Yeah I dono man, I've had my betas longer and zero issues, I am fairly careful I guess but not in anyway that it is a hassle, sure glass can be risky but the benefits are worth it imo. I think most of us would agree. Sucks you've had so many issues but I do feel like it's kinda you related too no? Regardless of heavy use, however you use it, I know with excessive use there is more risk (like operating delicate machinery while under the influence? lol) but at least you have 3 huh? :p:tup:

Last edited:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
glass breaks even when not mistreated, obviously.
Obviously?
I'm not so sure.
We have stained glass windows here in England dating back from 1065. And there are far earlier (circa. 600's) existing examples of non-stained glass. And this glass is obviously not tough borosilicate.

They seem to do o.k.

But I'm guessing you've been nowhere near them? And let's keep it that way eh?!!!

Sorry bro, Jk! ;)

I guess it's a learning process.

Peace y'all.
:peace:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Did some battery testing with the Green battery and Mina
Two bowls - 4.07
three bowls - 4.01
four bowls - 3.96
five bowls - 3.91
six bowls - 3.83
eight bowls - 3.7

Power started dropping faster at about 3.85. Power as in...the actual capacity just fell off faster. Through water, I couldn't really ever notice a drop in power from 4.20-3.7. Now I just need to test with the HE4s to compare.
Very impressed with new Mina!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just ordered some HG2s for the first time as I have been using the HE4s in both vapes since the beginning. I'll report back if I notice a difference...

Is the green battery a Samsung? I have just been using LGs, and the new type (for me) is also LG.

killick

But I like it!
I'm looking inside mine again, and I have no broken anything. Mine is unmodified in any way so far, other than playing with screen distances. A little too close and we have combustion, a little too far and the screen gets covered in resin. When you find the sweet spot the screen is almost self-cleaning.

Anyhoo, mine gets a beating. The only things I'm finicky about is that it always rests on it's side, never on it's bottom, as it's simply too tippy. When it's not on it's side it's in a chest pocket with a loaded short stem. With a long stem I can vape without taking the unit out of my pocket. I almost considered hooking it up to one of those funky oxygen thingies that hook around your ears and feed into your nose... Which might be good, or just really dumb. Either way I'll let y'all know.

Edit - almost forgot - someone awhile ago gave me a bit of advice for glass stems. Wish I could attribute source, so jump in if it was you, k?

It seems counter-intuitive, but to remove the stem gently rock it, instead of twisting it. This will reduce strain on the glue joint, and help release the lock. I just switched to a long stem, for old times sake', and realized that it's *really easy* to use much more force on the longer stem simply due to the amount of extra leverage you get. Perhaps it's one of these things thats causing glass issues for some?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom