Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy10

Loving my Samsung 25r's! Not getting the top end of the stem count per load, but I squeeze as much as I can out if it, and I don't stir so that would waste energy. Still at least 3 stems before needing a change, I also tend to change them a bit easier. 3.8ish.

Still can small loud but clouds, but decent pack gives hugeeeee clouds!

Moe_

Loving my Samsung 25r's! Not getting the top end of the stem count per load, but I squeeze as much as I can out if it, and I don't stir so that would waste energy. Still at least 3 stems before needing a change, I also tend to change them a bit easier. 3.8ish.

Still can small loud but clouds, but decent pack gives hugeeeee clouds!
That's awesome I've got about 8 I think back home.

Also I previously said I couldn't tell any difference between the HG2 and VTC4 but I definitely can now that I've gotten the hang of the Milaana. The VTC4 requires less button holding and basically no preheating.

Tommy10

Apparently something is working! I don't think I'm stoned enough to decipher this. :shrug::hmm:
:lol:

Jesus! Small load big clouds :/ Havnt even pulled it out today! Probably still a bit vaped over though! Haha

Are the vct5's an upgrade from the vct4's? Can get both plus the r25's from the same place same price. Also the HG2 and some by imren?
Might order some of the Sony's next time.

Moe_

Jesus! Small load big clouds :/ Havnt even pulled it out today! Probably still a bit vaped over though! Haha

Are the vct5's an upgrade from the vct4's? Can get both plus the r25's from the same place same price. Also the HG2 and some by imren?
Might order some of the Sony's next time.
From what I've read the HG2 is basically a 25r with 500mah more. If they're the same price I'd definitely go for the HG2. It seems to last forever with mine. 5 bowls at least.

Same with VTC4/5 same battery but 5 has 500 more mah.

Edit: Is it okay to use button tops?

Last edited:

killick

But I like it!
So putzing around this evening I took 20 drops of infused VG, added 6 drops of Lorann 'Tutti fritti' flavour, mainly because I have no freaking clue what a tutti Frutti tastes like, so no preconceived notions...

I put 3 drops of the mix on top of a bud I stuffed into a short stem DNS have it a couple of seconds to settle in, and holy moley! You guys that have been doing this for awhile probably already know this, but every hit was cool, and the taste wasnt bad. I'm going to try tomorrow with a bit of straight infused vg for a double hit of thc...

:science:

Tommy10

Started doing the VG thing a while back with the vapman and HA, works wonder I think. Never got into the flavours, but I think there could be some fun to be had, huge clouds and you seem to get as high, and it makes micro dosing easier also helps when vaping in public (Mi rocks for this, looks so much like an E-cig, and blowing VG clouds makes it look more like one)
Tried a few VG bowls in the Mi, only have a bottle with no dropper at the moment so will have to pick one up. Also helps for combusters, the clouds are huge.
If someone can deal with the messiness of it, I reccomended giving it a go.

Infused VG, would be sweeeet!
Also found some of the ciggy type e-juices can be very harsh at first, I was told on FC this could be from the PG.

killick

But I like it!
I didn't find it messy, but I only made a tablespoon worth. And using infused VG makes it another 30ish % higher than herb on its own. Higher? Did I just make an accidental funny?

I have a bunch of flavours from when I discovered they existed, and made hard candy a couple of times. Thinking about all that refined sugar got me looking at other things to do with the little bottles... This will be a fun diversion ;)

killick,

Tommy10

I've found a couple drops in the stem before you put it in and heat is the cleanest, still makes a sticky abv and even if you load without it after I've noticed residual VG taste and clouds a couple bowls in. Not too bad really, worth it for the huge clouds! Not sure why I don't do it more often.

BadDog No

I was with you guys right up to "sticky ABV". ;) No, seriously. I use the dryness to tell me if it's worth revaping. Nothing more scientific than rubbing a little and seeing if it turns to dust. Does sound worth it with concentrate and flower sandwiches so the flower doesn't combust. Oh and my very own Millie has arrived in town. It could even be delivered today. Hey, I've seen Amazon packages delivered on Sunday; it could happen. Monday more likely, Tuesday with my luck...:lol:

Tommy10

Will also note, so science involve apart from person experience... I've found it much harder to combust with VG in there, not sure how or why.

Tommy10,
Reactions: killick

Tommy10

No mystery there...dry grass sets fire much easier than green grass.

I'm sure our resident safety consultant/fire chief @Bravesst could she'd some light on the science...

Interesting, allows you to give the Mi much more trigger time however I typically use it when I'm watching a movie or something and can't be bothered reloading, much less trigger time for lower temp hits. Good way to use one stem in the space you might have used three and be equally satisfied.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Decided to give the eGo case another go. It's pretty small but when you zip it it expands the edges to hold it all. With guitar mod you could store a battery inside the unit too, and probably an extra batt ontop of the one you see. Just need some batt caps to be safe.
AjU52Je.jpg

fE1nWya.jpg

killick

But I like it!
Hi guys. Flower drops.. I used infused vg, and used a ratio of 5 drops vg to one drop of any cooking flavor. eBay Lorann Candy and you can buy a mix of 20 different tastes for around 20 beans. Some are called 'baking emulsions'. If you have some vg on hand try adding a couple of drops of vanilla or almond extract and give it a whirl. It's a whole different experience again. And using infused vg just makes it better, as if that were possible... ;)

I haven't combusted since trying the drops. My morning stem was dark! But it seems like it can't combust, no matter how heavy I am on the trigger. I blame the Ramones for that today... glad I got to see them a couple of times back in the daze...

@Tommy10 I'm sure you can get vg in aus. Infusing is all up to the operator. A pot crock, some herb and some vg and you are almost there :)

Last edited:

Milkytime

Im pretty pissed i have had my mi for over a month and still not received a refund of 40$ for batteries i canceled multiple emails to Sheila that she linked to ryan requesting he refund me but nothing. Now no response from either of them.

In the end the mi isn't even that great i have to take it out and stir every hit otherwise the abv is all hot spotty and uneven this leads to a lot of hassle out in about.

I tried inhaleing slow i even moved the screen waaaay back and it just always gets a dark spot sometimes black and green alll around the sides. I stop inhaleing as soon as i feel any heat and just uneven performance that seems to not get the most out of my materials. I kinda feel like i was led to believe somthing this vape is not. This is the first time i feel let down by FC input and i think people bias played a lot into this and there was not an accurate picture of what i should have expected.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
@Milkytime : sounds like you might have a hot heater. Your experience differs from mine. I find that I do have to stir at least once, and that is not the case with my Zion. But it's mostly because of human error: if you get the timing wrong a single time, you can reach high temps and spoil the taste a bit. The Zion is way more forgiving, unless you set it to 100% (like what the Milaana basically is)

To me the Mi is just a glimpse of the Zi. I clearly prefer the Zi, for multiple reasons... but I'm drifting! Back to your Mi, do you have a way to measure your heater internal resistance? Did your device fall at some point or was it transported or subjected to vibrations? It could have developed a partial short, I don't know. But measuring the resistance would be a good start, so we can understand whether it's your device or your technique... or if this vape is just not for you in the end (that's a possibility)

BadDog No

@Milkytime: Dude you have so harshed my mellow...:lol: Naah I even gave you a like for your honesty. If you're already using glass as a wand or a whip, you'll probably love this because you already basically know how to use it. If glass isn't already your preferred delivery method, then maybe not so much...My expectation is to use it near exclusively to rip through water. Oh and to go butaneless with vapcaps and the like. I'm actually maybe looking forward to a serene few hours of polishing it up to a glisten and then formally annointing it as mine with some Burt's beeswax...Yes the stuff that smells like peppermint. Should I Simichrome the battery cover? Too much you think? Nah, nothing exceeds like excess. ;)

Milkytime

@KeroZen i have wondered many times about my unit being hotter than others because i keep pushing my screen back farther than others pictures. I have combusted 2x.

Testing the resistance is a good idea my freind has the stuff to test it so i may do that.

@BadDog No yeah sorry man :( i really wanted to like the mi, i even gave it a good bit of time thinking it was my technique the whole time but getting very inconsistent results.

Also maybe the whole CS issue has altered my perception a bit. But really how hard is it to log into paypal and reslove my dispute, would take him 10 min max.

Edit: never been dropped.

hippogriff

Im pretty pissed i have had my mi for over a month and still not received a refund of 40$ for batteries i canceled multiple emails to Sheila that she linked to ryan requesting he refund me but nothing. Now no response from either of them.

In the end the mi isn't even that great i have to take it out and stir every hit otherwise the abv is all hot spotty and uneven this leads to a lot of hassle out in about.

I tried inhaleing slow i even moved the screen waaaay back and it just always gets a dark spot sometimes black and green alll around the sides. I stop inhaleing as soon as i feel any heat and just uneven performance that seems to not get the most out of my materials. I kinda feel like i was led to believe somthing this vape is not. This is the first time i feel let down by FC input and i think people bias played a lot into this and there was not an accurate picture of what i should have expected.
I judge (that's supposed to be me owning my subjectivity) you're mashing crap CS and vape-technique-learning together in a way that's victimy instead of helping you. Sorry for all the work to get a simple refund, that just sucks, and frustrating for all of us cause all these dropped balls hurt the brand. On use, tho, a bunch of us, separately, really loving the performance on this vape is what's happened, it's not inaccurate or misleading. It could be not for you, but what you describe isn't the most common use, many more people are moving the basket closer to the heater.

This has quickly become my favorite vape, beating out my Grasshopper and my Firewood 3.0 which are the rest of the moderately-priced-convection-portables market. I do still get hotspots but I'm getting much better at settup and feedback. Here's what works for me:
- basket-style screen, 1mm back from end-of-joint
- intake is mesh-cotton-mesh sandwich for noticable draw restriction, easier control
- course grind, sucked into basket to fill it 2/3-3/4, them lightly pressed, just at top, w/ my pinky
- on fresh battery, prime for 2 seconds, start inhaling slowly, feel for heat and feather the button to extend the hit
- rotate load 1/4 turn away from intake
- no priming on subsequent hits, just hold button and draw really slowly till I feel the heat, then draw faster and feather the button to try to hold each hit's sweet spot.

The cotton sandwich in the intake is kinda like training wheels, now I've got control intuitive so I can hit my Milaana with the short stem walking full speed, uphill. Or I can use my extra long Oregonglassblower stems, which reduce feedback, and just trust technique to get huge hits. LOVE it. Hope we can help you love it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom