Discontinued The RBT Milaana (unregulated single 18650)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Got those mountainglass stems with a quickness. I got 10 total, only tried two so far but they do fit. One almost as good as stock, the other a little looser. Was able to insert two stock baskets but did from the tip, and it isn't as good a fit as the stock stem and screen combo.

One more thing to consider with the black stems it looks bad ass but you can't see your screen or load throufh the side.

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Biggest session killer = dirty screen. Cleaning screens daily (or more) with a good torch lighter makes all the difference for me. Talk amongst yourselves.

I use the brush that came with my Haze after almost every stem, then blow away any remaining particles; that seems to suffice between full stem cleanings at least.
KaHOcIE.jpg

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
The adaptors that nosmoking recommended arrived yesterday. I've been using one and really like the way the screen is set. Just wish I'd bought many more at that price.
I find this adapter really helps keep a good low temp with water. I only use this adapter to run the Milaana through water, never dry but I imagine it would be just as good dry. Most of the strains I have run through it have been hard to get really dark ABV when I only have a small amount in the bowl. I say most because my one incident of combustion was with a dry Mr. Nice Guy strain using the adaptor. I was lucky enough to see it happening before I could taste it even which was plenty enough time to get the Milaana away from the load and bowl so no harm done to her...just needed to clean a glass adapter. I started pushing the screen up towards the heater because I was getting a lot of herb that would collect around the edge of the screen in that flared out part of the adapter. I didn't like how hard it was to clean it out so I used a BIC pen and pushed it to kind of dome shape it into the back of the male joint. This made cleaning so much easier! The screen is actually pretty easy to remove and clean and reinsert too (regardless of whether you push it up into the joint like I do or use it the way it comes).

Page not found. :(
Try going to http://www.shopxhale.com/ and search for VAP119

Edit:
After seeing your last message I recommend you try from another source. Perhaps the phone or computer you were using does not like that site:hmm::shrug:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Does anyone think it's unwise to toss their batteries on the charger at 3.9-4.0v and charge to 4.20v a few times a day? I have 4 batteries and when using with water I always like a fresh battery.
If they'll still last me a year or so I won't really mind at all because they're so damn inexpensive.

Oogendoogan

Works for me! ordered 3 of them :) pretty sure my Mi will be here tomorrow or the next and that's fine because my charger and batteries aren't coming till tomorrow anyway. I have one male to make adapter which is the right size and then my stems coming. Hopefully these new adapters will help give me some variety in how I use the milaana. Maybe someone who is currently using these with a water pipe could explain/ show us how they are utilizing them? I like the idea that no herb will touch the inside of the unit with these. Does that make the vape a lower temp? Anyways they seem cool and cheap! Thanks for sharing your find :) on another note I ordered some China glass from Steven yesterday, Fc187 to replace my broken d020-d and in the order instructions I asked for a male to male instead of the flower bowl, this has always worked for me in the past so I'm pretty sure I'll get one but this time I specified that it be 22mm long,US jointed not ISO. The order shipped yesterday so when I get it we will see if this method of obtaining good male to male adapters for the Mi works lol. Nothing is better than free imo and if Steven can do them on a glass piece order I'm sure he could do bulk orders of them..? Thought I would share that in case it works ;)
Cheers everyone,
Stay vaped.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Does anyone think it's unwise to toss their batteries on the charger at 3.9-4.0v and charge to 4.20v a few times a day? I have 4 batteries and when using with water I always like a fresh battery.
Everything I have read about Lithium Ion lately has suggested that the best battery behavior is to top up charges often, rather than letting them run down too far. Even to the point that one site recommended topping up your phone multiple times a day if it is convenient. That seems a little excessive (tho I now have a wireless phone charger and I DO top up often) but seems to be recommended. I am NOT an expert, however.

I will add, however, if I check my batts and they are over 3.8 or so I usually drop them back in the vape.

scottg402

Yeah I like these too. I did plan ahead and bought 20 of them at that price! It's awesome they have the screen installed already and I like that it keep the herb further away from the load. You can totally lay on the button and not have to worry about any charring. Plus this solves the issue of the joint size because this adapter is not picky which type it accepts. You can put a male/male adapter right on top and be ready to go!

I have also been experimenting with ELB's and I am liking them too. I have a couple different setup's I am running (I will get some pics up eventually) but the ELB does sit down in the the female joint (close to the heater) but the benefit of this setup is no stirring!

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Maybe someone who is currently using these with a water pipe could explain/ show us how they are utilizing them? I like the idea that no herb will touch the inside of the unit with these. Does that make the vape a lower temp? Anyways they seem cool and cheap! Thanks for sharing your find :)
I posted before some pictures of my setup. I load the adapter the same way I do my stems so the distance from the herb to the heater is the same so I do not think that contributes to the lower temp I mentioned. I am not even sure that it's lower temp really, I just notice I don't get nearly as dark of a hot spot if any hotspot at all. I believe it has to do with what is going on behind the male joint. You have a lot of area for the heat to escape in the adapter due to the flared out part and the female end which only increases in diameter once the vapor/hot air travels past your load whereas the stems stay the same diameter all the way through which seems to cause more of a hot spot because the vapor/hot air gets focused in the center of the stem.

Below is a link to my previous post where I provided pictures of my setup:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...lated-single-18650.18829/page-101#post-968145

Oogendoogan

I posted before some pictures of my setup. I load the adapter the same way I do my stems so the distance from the herb to the heater is the same so I do not think that contributes to the lower temp I mentioned. I am not even sure that it's lower temp really, I just notice I don't get nearly as dark of a hot spot if any hotspot at all. I believe it has to do with what is going on behind the male joint. You have a lot of area for the heat to escape in the adapter due to the flared out part and the female end which only increases in diameter once the vapor/hot air travels past your load whereas the stems stay the same diameter all the way through which seems to cause more of a hot spot because the vapor/hot air gets focused in the center of the stem.

Below is a link to my previous post where I provided pictures of my setup:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...lated-single-18650.18829/page-101#post-968145
Thanks! I guess I understood how it connected and everything my question is where do you pack with this set up? In the male to male on your glass? Or in the adapter on the unit? Thanks again :)

Oogendoogan,

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Thanks! I guess I understood how it connected and everything my question is where do you pack with this set up? In the male to male on your glass? Or in the adapter on the unit? Thanks again :)
I load the male joint side of the adapter. If you look at the first post in my picture, you will see the male joint pointing down for the adapter and the 2 stems. I load from the same end on all 3.

You pack the male end of the adapter and that slides into the Milaana.
Unless I'm somehow completely off.
Exactly what you said.

Oogendoogan

I load the male joint side of the adapter. If you look at the first post in my picture, you will see the male joint pointing down for the adapter and the 2 stems. I load from the same end on all 3.

Exactly what you said.
Ok cool thanks guys :) this is what I thought but just wasn't sure, so essentially you pack the same with all the stems, male side of the joint and in to the milaana. This just makes it so I can slide over a male to male easier. I actually really like the idea. I'm clumsy, lasy. I mean I literally use a SSV through glass and got rid of a LSV because I didn't like having to pick it up, put it down on something, etc. lol I know most people who vape through water would take the LSV i am just so lazy so hopefully this helps me go easy mode with my milaana lol.

Oogendoogan,
Reactions: AJS

Oogendoogan

I was finally able to access that shopxhale site, but they give no dimensions at all on any of the glass adapters. Are they all US 19 as far as anyone knows?
Well I know the particular one that we were talking about is. I was having the same issue, they have the curved male to males that look nice but I held off because I wasn't sure. Maybe contacting them would be a good idea, super cheap prices and if they sold straight 19mm to 19mm or 19 to 14 they would sell a lot.

Oogendoogan,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Edit..i also have a question or maybe just more of a observation..i am a master at getting nice fat cool rips of vapor on my mi when i use it dry..when i try and put through water which i really like to do..i preheat and have tried many different ways but i just get wispy or smallish huts and char all around the edges of the bowl??its naddening becuz i hear of all the power and all that..maybe indo have a cool unit but i get massive hits dry..

Try drawing slower at first, like pretty damn slow. Also try rotating the Milaana on the M2M, I do this for more even vaping.

In order to help you get a better idea, I'll run you through exactly what I do.

Grind up, pretty fine, a bowls worth and suck it up into the basket which is pushed to the very tip of the m2m, ensuring the herb gets as much heat as possible. Tamp it down ever so slightly to make it nice and uniform in the basket.

Get a FRESH battery. I put an iPhone light against my glass to see the vapor. Hold button down for 3-4 seconds to preheat and begin inhaling very slowly. Not too too slow, or the heat will increase before drying the herb and producing vapor, and the extra heat will hit you QUICK once the herb is heated enough to produce vapor.
Once vapor starts producing you can pick up your draw and it should milk up quick. If it's shooting towards a thick white, I let off the trigger for .5-1sec.
Stir.
Second hit needs less preheat as everything is hot and good to go.

If I'm cloud chasing, my routine is different.
The first hit is just enough to heat the herb and dry it out, as well as to heat the heater and everything else.
After the first (small), barely visible vapor hit, I empty the contents, powder it between my fingers, and suck up the herb. Don't tamp, as the very fine powder reduces airflow.
The second hit is the milker. Give it a nice 2-5 sec preheat, start slow and increase quickly, pulse the trigger once it gets milky, and slow down the draw towards the end to make sure you don't cool down the air enough to hit those dark high tempers.
I get hits much thicker than my old Nano this way.

TheRobbo

So after my first evening with Mi I am in love...
A few things to do:
Definitely got to knock up a vape dr gituar pick safety. More for my OCD than anything else. Otherwise I will constantly need to double check I took the battery out (even though I know I did).
Got to play with screen position a bit. Basket right at the tip of the joint is good but I feel like back 5mm might give space for a bit of vortex/vacuum between heater screen and load leading to better heat distribution. I was getting noticeable hot points closest to air intake.
To this same theme Im gonna try a bit of organic cotton in the air intake just reduce flow a fraction. I also dont have the pretty screen in there so gonna modify one of the stem screens to fit once I settle on what is going under it.
Thats about it for now. Im sure Ill think of more ways to play (gotta get me a decent bubbler soon)
Worst thing is I now have to wait for the weekend as I have to stay away from the sacred herb during the week out of fear of getting random drug test while driving (my vehicle is my office so no license no job) and potential of coming up possitive. I broke my rule last night (who wouldn't) but now I know what I am missing out on...
Will get some phtos of experiments over the weekend so you can all come along for the ride. Might even try my hand at a vid though will probably be pretty crappy.
I got brown 3000Mah bats with the unit dont know which ones they are? Gonna have lots of fun running my old bats down to storage level and trying to see if there is any difference between old and new... I know they should be at 40% for storage what volts am I aiming for to be close to that? 3.8v? New ones came at 3.6v and took 4 hours to fill and were left on over night to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom