Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Noize23

Morning, noize that's an older version, includes the double top, which is no longer made or supported, I happen to like this version,cuz if u get the ss kit u can make another Persei. Yes there are newer versions that come with the Kiss cart. Hopes this helps u. :)

Yes,it is a pity that i tis only 1 persei-top. What advantages does the new Persei version?

Thx for your help:)

Noize23,

redijedi808

I'm pretty bummned:cry: This weekend, my SR-74 decides to fail.

The center post with the spring mechanism is stuck down. It does need spring back now.

Any suggestions on how to rectifiy this? I already sent an inquiry with W9 but just wanted to hear any suggestions.

redijedi808,

Silicon Advisor

Kamikaze in a Hopeless World
This is such a great thread, thanks to all who have contributed to it!

I have been a lurker for about 6 months or so, and in that time I have learned quite a bit. But, now I have some questions, so it is time to officially join the community! I already own an Omicron v1 and an Omicron Light, but I am ready to graduate to something bigger and better.

My questions center around the Persei and the configuration that will yield me the strongest, thickest clouds that it can produce. So, here goes....

If I understand it correctly, the Persei is best coupled with the SR-71/74. The SR-74 come stock with the "White" rod that can take voltage up to 7.4v as opposed to the "Black" rod which takes 3.7v, and it is the "White" rod @ 7.4v that will reach higher temps and produce thicker clouds at the expense of taste and battery life. Do I understand that correctly?

If the above holds true, would I then want to use the 18350 and/or 18650 batteries to power that voltage? Or is there a different battery for those heats/voltages @ 7.4v?

And finally, if I have all of this twisted or if anyone has a configuration they recommend to achieve my goals with this device, PLEASE, let me hear it and correct me. I want to place my order asap, and from what I have read here, I feel like I can trust the information and opinions that you hopefully will share with me.

I would like to add "The Core" and an Okeanos in the near future, but I think the Unit w/ the Herc is a good starting point.

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

Silicon Advisor,

Hedonismbot

This is such a great thread, thanks to all who have contributed to it!

I have been a lurker for about 6 months or so, and in that time I have learned quite a bit. But, now I have some questions, so it is time to officially join the community! I already own an Omicron v1 and an Omicron Light, but I am ready to graduate to something bigger and better.

My questions center around the Persei and the configuration that will yield me the strongest, thickest clouds that it can produce. So, here goes....

If I understand it correctly, the Persei is best coupled with the SR-71/74. The SR-74 come stock with the "White" rod that can take voltage up to 7.4v as opposed to the "Black" rod which takes 3.7v, and it is the "White" rod @ 7.4v that will reach higher temps and produce thicker clouds at the expense of taste and battery life. Do I understand that correctly?

For the strongest, thickest clouds the Hercules 7.4v SR-71 rules. Unfortunately, it's not available new any more. The 7.4v SR-74 is the next best for cloud production. (I think of the SR-74 as a SR-71 with its balls cut off! :lmao:) But the SR-74 is easier to master. All these different Hercules configurations just provide different power levels. More power = more vapor = greater risk. Look back at some of my previous posts. I talk about Hercules power levels ad nauseam.

If the above holds true, would I then want to use the 18350 and/or 18650 batteries to power that voltage? Or is there a different battery for those heats/voltages @ 7.4v?

Use 2 AW 18350s with the Persei and 7.4v Hercules. Make sure they are AW brand (not part of the Persei package). You can also use 2 AW 18650s if you get the Super Stealth tube option (3 times the battery life but in a much bigger package.

And finally, if I have all of this twisted or if anyone has a configuration they recommend to achieve my goals with this device, PLEASE, let me hear it and correct me. I want to place my order asap, and from what I have read here, I feel like I can trust the information and opinions that you hopefully will share with me.

If you have been lurking here then you've heard about the imminent release of the SR-74x. I would wait for that if you can.

I would like to add "The Core" and an Okeanos in the near future, but I think the Unit w/ the Herc is a good starting point.

Thanks in advance, really looking forward to hearing what you guys think!

If you have access to clean extracts then the Hercules is definately the way to go!

Last edited:

Silicon Advisor

I have seen mention of the new sr-74x, but am unclear on what is different or improved. Could you expand on that for me? If it is a real leap forward, I could be convinced to hold uot for that.

Also, if I were to use a "standard" (omicron/persei cart) 1.5ohm cart, are the AW 18350 batteries ok to power that? I don't want to ruin or blow anything up, lol...

Also, what can you tell me about the "8" vaporizer w/ Improbability Drive? Is that something I may want to hold out for?

Thanks so much for your help.

Last edited:
Silicon Advisor,

Hedonismbot

I have seen mention of the new sr-74x, but am unclear on what is different or improved. Could you expand on that for me? If it is a real leap forward, I could be convinced to hold uot for that.

Also, if I were to use a "standard" (omicron/persei cart) 1.5ohm cart, are the AW 18350 batteries ok to power that? I don't want to ruin or blow anything up, lol...

Also, what can you tell me about the "8" vaporizer w/ Improbability Drive? Is that something I may want to hold out for?

Thanks so much for your help.

As I understand it, the update will change the top and bottom chamber sizes of the SR-74 to allow for better/more reliable heating rod placement. Also the annoying screw on stainless steel top cap is replaced with a press on version (like the old SR-71). There will be an upgrade kit for $15 so if you can't wait you can upgrade your SR-74 later.

A 1.5 ohm omicron cart works fine on the Herc as long as you just use 1 battery.

As far as I can tell the "8" is a myth!

Silicon Advisor

Hedonismbot, you have been tremendously helpful. Thank you so much.

I , in fact, cannot wait for the sr-74x, I will just have to spring for the upgrade kit when that becomes available! And it looks like there is no reason to wait for the mythological "8", so I won't.

Next stop, W9 Tech website!

Thanks again!

Silicon Advisor,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hedonismbot, you have been tremendously helpful. Thank you so much.

I , in fact, cannot wait for the sr-74x, I will just have to spring for the upgrade kit when that becomes available! And it looks like there is no reason to wait for the mythological "8", so I won't.

Next stop, W9 Tech website!

Thanks again!

The 8 first prototype is under construction now, so as far as myths i think it will be a Legend after this.

I would order the Matte Silver Persei if i was you along with the Hercules SR74.

Silicon Advisor

Well, well....this is interesting. Thanks for the update on the "8"! I will be keeping an eye out for word on its development...

I already pulled the trigger on a "stealthy" Black Ti series Persei and I went for the SR-74. Now the hard part...waiting. Think there is a song about that by some guy name Tom or something ;).

Silicon Advisor,
Reactions: Caligula

warnerg54

The center post with the spring mechanism is stuck down. It does need spring back now.

Any suggestions on how to rectifiy this? I already sent an inquiry with W9 but just wanted to hear any suggestions.

Is it caked in oil? Did you try boiling it?

herbivore21

Oh nice, just read about the SR74x, I am so on board with that upgrade when it comes out, hopefully at the same time as the Flexo Enail lol

What a great time to be a vaporist!

herbivore21,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey, I'm beginning to think of the Iris v2 as a mythological beast too! :D

Not a myth we are working on the buttons as we got that feed back as being the only issue with the tops, once done they go into production.

Couple of quick tries to fix the issue if you don't mind to do it.

First boil it in filtered water,

Then gently turn clockwise the part that goes inside to see if it frees up the spring.

Hope this helps.

Caligula

Maximus
Anybody out there got an iris they'd let go of?

bender-laughing.gif

@herbivore21 Rule is you cant claim that glass until its in your hands!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
If you have access to clean extracts then the Hercules is definately the way to go!
If you have access to the dirtiest of dirty concentrates I would say the Hercules would be the way to go as well.

Personally I wouldn't suggest doing anything with concentrates that dirty but if that's all you got the herc would be the vape for the job. You might have to clean it more often but that's a breeze with the herc

Jman5280

Just got some new KISS carts...

I forget...do I need to do anything before I load them up for the first time? Prime?

How should I test them without putting wax on them? Last time I loaded wax only to find it was DOA, if like to avoid that this time.

Jman5280,
Top Bottom