Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

mutten840

The 3.7 is easier to master as it takes a little longer to heat up. Where the 7.4 gets hot really fast and can burn out the cart. I personally like them both as the 3.7 gives a smoother hit. Where the 7.4 creates thick clouds real fast and can be a little stronger tasting.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yes it does have a on/off feature that's for sure. One thing we are maybe thinking of doing is making the button a little bit smaller since during my testing and a few others the only issue we came across is even if you touch the edge of the button, this thing fires off.
Yeah that's probably a good idea as long as it doesn't change the sensitivity. Because it would be awful if you made it smaller and then you had to find the sweet spot to turn it on.

Is there any way to make it like an iPhones screen. Where it only reacts to a finger print and wouldn't go off it you use the edge of you nail or tip of your finger?

lockie

Got the replacement Persei top today, it said V3R on the back.
I like the way the button is pushed out a bit, much easier to press. I noticed that it stays on a little bit after you let go of the button too, interesting. Loving the 5 on/off feature, just like the Omicron. I even tried it with the SS kit and it seems like the lower part of the top is lower so the battery doesn't move as much. Finally gonna get to have some nice long sessions tonight now that the Hercules is gonna be up and running again.

chingdaddy

The ceramic I had was crazy hard. I tried chipping it and it dulled my screwdriver! I had to use a tiny diamond coated grinding bit.
Wow, diamond tip huh? I luckily had a small mini eyeglass screwdriver. The ceramic of the kiss cart was pretty tough to. I had to bust out a hammer and give it a pretty good whack. Tapping didn't do it. Now it looks like im gonna need to get a few more of these ceramic bowls...lol. Anybody got a couple extras, or @THC SCIENTIFIC is there anyway to purchase a few of these ceramic bowls for me to play with ;) Also, how much is the Okeanos upgrade/fix going to be?

Last edited:
chingdaddy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Yeah that's probably a good idea as long as it doesn't change the sensitivity. Because it would be awful if you made it smaller and then you had to find the sweet spot to turn it on.

Is there any way to make it like an iPhones screen. Where it only reacts to a finger print and wouldn't go off it you use the edge of you nail or tip of your finger?

At this time we can not do this as it requires more electronics then we can develop atm.

Wow, diamond tip huh? I luckily had a small mini eyeglass screwdriver. The ceramic of the kiss cart was pretty tough to. I had to bust out a hammer and give it a pretty good whack. Tapping didn't do it. Now it looks like im gonna need to get a few more of these ceramic bowls...lol. Anybody got a couple extras, or @THC SCIENTIFIC is there anyway to purchase a few of these ceramic bowls for me to play with ;) Also, how much is the Okeanos upgrade/fix going to be?

this technology exists in the form of the original Hercules Tanks. We found the coils to work better.

herbivore21

Ok, so my Persei arrived. It is amazing. I am so impressed with the packaging, the design/feel of the product and how quickly it heats is amazing.

I have done QWISO and wax through the kiss carts only so far. For some reason, my QWET wax tastes weird in the kiss carts, whereas when I vape off SS wool in my E-Nano it tastes incredible! However, QWISO works great with it and tastes very good (I made this with kief, not avb :) ).

So is it normal for the ceramic wick in your kiss carts to look black after having been only used/refilled twice, even after you clean it in ISO?

I think it's time to give the bender a try :D the Herc will be the final frontier!

@THC SCIENTIFIC your service has been stellar, your product is a game changer and you have got yourself one more very satisfied customer!

MaxVapor

The Professor
I have had a great experience with the 3.7 Kiss carts. I have 2 v1 Kisses (purchased in Oct 2013) and one v2 Ti (from March 2014). All are still working great, the 2 originals have had 7 or 8 grams (mostly shatter but other stuff too) through them in that time and are still working well.

I use each cart for about a week, then give it a 24 hour plus dunk in 99% iso, then dry it for about 10 days while the other carts go through their rotations. Then do a full cycle dry burn to remove anything left in the wick. I don't baby them either, I am prone to dry burn them more than recommended.

I have ordered a coupe of repair kits that @Sleepin in CA puts together so when one finally does go I can have no down time, but 7 months in (used 2 to 3 times per day) these guys are going strong and produce tons of vapor if you want it (or a teeny bit if that is how your boat floats).

Vape Dr.

Ok, so my Persei arrived. It is amazing. I am so impressed with the packaging, the design/feel of the product and how quickly it heats is amazing.

I have done QWISO and wax through the kiss carts only so far. For some reason, my QWET wax tastes weird in the kiss carts, whereas when I vape off SS wool in my E-Nano it tastes incredible! However, QWISO works great with it and tastes very good (I made this with kief, not avb :) ).

So is it normal for the ceramic wick in your kiss carts to look black after having been only used/refilled twice, even after you clean it in ISO?

I think it's time to give the bender a try :D the Herc will be the final frontier!

@THC SCIENTIFIC your service has been stellar, your product is a game changer and you have got yourself one more very satisfied customer!

I too just got a persei a week ago, but just got some oil last night. Holy Crap. This things is Awesome! I have a 7.4 and a 3.7 KISS cart and a herc cart. I am new to the oils so im getting used to the kiss carts before "earning" the Herc. I couldn't be happier with it.
I do have a question.
Gary was kind enough to send me an old school cart with the funnel to try because they hold more than the KISS carts.
To fill a KISS cart, I had to throw my dab dish in the freezer and then twist a chunk off with a screwdriver (gets sticky real quick out of the freezer) is this ok? I read its cool to put oil in the freezer, but I want to hear it from FC not google.
Also can anyone tell me an easy was to fill the cart with the funnel? This stuff is super sticky.
Thanks guys

THANK YOU GARY! I LOVE THE PERSEI! YOUR ARE THE MAN!

mutten840

I have always tossed my gooey stuff on the freezer to make it easier to work with and have yet to run into any issues. I have not tried the old style carts, but read someone used a heat gun to get their stuff in a liquid type state so it could ooze into the cart. From the sounds of it once the cart is filled you are all good. it is the filling part that seems to be the tricky piece =)

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I'm going to buy some EO carts this afternoon and would really appriciate knowing which ones work the best on a double top @ 3.7V. I didn't enjoy the flavor from 5ohm carts @ 7.4V.

My experience leads me to believe the cart sockets are wired in parallel so the load is half of an individual cart's rating. Is this correct? Is this why the 3.0ohm cart exists, to give a 1.5 ohm load for 3.7V? Sorry to repeat the question but it's been a few pages & I'm trying to prepare for the 3 day weekend :) Pointers to any posts/pages where this has been discussed would be appreciatedd

Severmore

I have not tried the old style carts, but read someone used a heat gun to get their stuff in a liquid type state so it could ooze into the cart. From the sounds of it once the cart is filled you are all good. it is the filling part that seems to be the tricky piece =)

I know you have two of em...whatcha waiting for? =) Sorry I didn't include a fill tool...I needed that one!

Severmore,

PPN

Volute of Vapor

I haven't got the PerseÏ gear but perhaps I can reply to you about taste difference, the worst oil tastes better in convection dab (if you don't crank up the t° too much) cause you don't vape the big amount of residues, just the goodies, convection dabs will vape most part of the residues that's why it let black color on your wick faster than cleaner oils (imho qwiso and qwet are really difficult to do without a big amount of plant matter into, it's possible, I think, but I stopped after several tries cause the lack of taste, BHO taste thousands times better!)

PerseÏ gear interested me since many months but I enjoy more my oil through traditionnal dabbing, Hammer dabs (the vaporizer The Hammer, not the persei attachment...) or my DIY e-nail. But I'm sure in the vape pens world W9 is the better far away the others!

Enjoy your vape and give us your feedback!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Quick update:

I know I promised everyone that we will have the top section for the Sr 74 that is the same as the sr71 without the thread, but instead of producing more sr71 top sections for our sr74 customers we decided to upgrade the bottomed section as well.

What this will do is increase the tolerance on user error for rod placement and now allow users to use the sr71 style top cap.

Upgrade fee is going to be $15 plus shipping. We are going to eat majority of the cost of this upgrade as a thank you to our customers.

Now for the Okeanos upgrade.

We will do the same $15 plus shipping. The Okeanos upgrade will include the new air tube, new orings, and new bottom tube.

Both upgrades include a $15 store credit that can be used later.

I will announce soon as we confirm the prototypes this Thursday on when it will be available.

StickyShisha2

i finally got around to looking at the new sr74 i got a few weeks ago. I put the rod in my dads sr71 after a cleaning. His oil should stop tasting burned now.

I don't think i like the center pin setup or the threaded top of the sr74 as compared to the 71

i do like the look of the change to the bottom part of the heat shield, the part that extends the herc away from the persei head. The spring loaded center contacts, to prevent over tightening from pushing the center post of the head of the persei.

@THC SCIENTIFIC Can i use that part with my 71 rod or is it also limited like the center pin??

StickyShisha2,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i finally got around to looking at the new sr74 i got a few weeks ago. I put the rod in my dads sr71 after a cleaning. His oil should stop tasting burned now.

I don't think i like the center pin setup or the threaded top of the sr74 as compared to the 71

i do like the look of the change to the bottom part of the heat shield, the part that extends the herc away from the persei head. The spring loaded center contacts, to prevent over tightening from pushing the center post of the head of the persei.

@THC SCIENTIFIC Can i use that part with my 71 rod or is it also limited like the center pin??

The SR74 upgrade is only for the sr74. It will not make a difference on the sr71.

I'm lost to what you mean about the center pin on the threaded top.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom