Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
[quote="Caligula, post: 459880, member: 15432" O-Phos, the Omicron v2, the Omicron v2.5, and this new Omicron Lite. Now from what I can tell, the Lite (light?) version is designed to replace the O-Phos? And the v2.5 Omicron has what over the 2.0 (vaporwarehouse has a good sale on the 2.0)? Also, what are the dimensions for each of these models? Is the Omi Lite smaller than a standard Omicron 2.x? And what exactly are the benefits and trade offs to each version?

@THC SCIENTIFIC @BLAZING OG[/quote]

I started with the PERSEI and many accessories.
However The OMICRON 2.5 is my boating buddy.
The O-PHOS I love as well.

The OMICRON LITE I don't have.

The CORE is what I'm after when it is available.

cannaman559

Ive mastered my sr71 for oil use...anyone wanna provide any pro tips for using herbals. I read a lot about a screen. What type? how big? Can I drop in a screen from a old herc mouthpiece and vape with that? Best assembly technique?
Also, are the nibblers shipping out soon?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ive mastered my sr71 for oil use...anyone wanna provide any pro tips for using herbals.

I know about 2% of what these experts know.
Medication is my goal!
I will let the TECHIES figure it out.

The SR71 I do herb with wax without the coil.
Once I get some coils I will mix it up a bit.

In the meantime my BENDER is getting full time use!

HAMMER TOP and spare 18350's!
Don't forget to stir in between RIPS!
TOP SHELF STRAINS TASTE AMAZING WITH THIS DEVICE!

HUMP DAY!
Of my 15 plus vaperizers the BENDER gets me the maximum medicated.
Must be the bowl size contents?
It took me a 1/2 hour to finish a well packed bowl.
5 Minutes the others.
I like them all however the BENDER gets me BENT!

Now I know I need the CORE!

Last edited:

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
The much anticipated shipping date is here and unfortunately, no update on the status of the pre-ordered Nibbler XL's. Any ideas when they'll be ready G? If the issue is fixable with a simple o-ring, I don't think too many people would object to them going out without the new tops. Just curious because I'm loving my SR-71 but it definitely needs some water filtration to cool the vapor down a bit. I really want to try and make it my main rig if possible.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The much anticipated shipping date is here and unfortunately, no update on the status of the pre-ordered Nibbler XL's. Any ideas when they'll be ready G? If the issue is fixable with a simple o-ring, I don't think too many people would object to them going out without the new tops. Just curious because I'm loving my SR-71 but it definitely needs some water filtration to cool the vapor down a bit. I really want to try and make it my main rig if possible.

I am sorry for this i didnt update it. The Mouth pieces are the only things we are waiting for and they have been shipped out from our manufacturing plant. Once they come in on Tuesday we will take one more day to match them up with the correct orings and do a final inspection and they should be out by WEdnesday of next week for sure.

friedbanana8

Ive mastered my sr71 for oil use...anyone wanna provide any pro tips for using herbals. I read a lot about a screen. What type? how big? Can I drop in a screen from a old herc mouthpiece and vape with that? Best assembly technique?
Also, are the nibblers shipping out soon?

yes you can use a screen from an old mouthpiece. I myself dont have an extra mouth piece for my herc so i went to vaporware house and ordered some ultrafine screens, but its $10 bucks just for shippin and handlin so i would just go with the mouthpiece screen if you've got one to spare. You just put it in over your coil and then pack her up with herb and throw on the stainless steel top and you're good to go. You're gonna be blown away by the taste so make sure to strap yourself in!

jdee

Received my SR-71 the other day and also received my 510toM601 adapter. I'm currently using it on a DNA20 mod powered by a single 18650 that has passthrough capabilities using a standard micro usb port. It goes from 7 to 20 watts. I set the mod to 20 watts, from a cold start it reads 1.8 ohms = 6volts, as the cart warms up the resistance goes up 2.6 ohms = 7.4 volts. I have several DNA20 based mods but the cheapest one was $140, this seems like a really great deal considering the persei is $199 and the passthrough kit (the core) is $129. So what did I do with my savings? bought a used persei, just in case.

Caligula

Maximus
I have several DNA20 based mods but the cheapest one was $140, this seems like a really great deal considering the persei is $199 and the passthrough kit (the core) is $129. So what did I do with my savings? bought a used persei, just in case.

$199? Try $159.

http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/persei-portable-vaporizer.html

Plus free shipping and full W9 warranty because authorized seller. So for only $20 more, you also get two sets of batteries, two tops, a fill tool, battery charger, two delrin mouth pieces, a pair of 5ohm carts.... Oh and a nice box to keep everything in.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Apples and oranges between the two. If there is only one 18650 battery, then its a pulse width modulated voltage multiplier design. No way its as efficient as a mechanical version like the Perse/Cera. May have more features, but its apples and oranges.

Happy you like it. That is what counts.

@Caligula - yes that is a great deal on a Persei. I already pulled the trigger in June on a chrome one because of that price. However, get them while you can because when they are gone, they are gone. Chrome ones are no longer in production :)

jdee

Persei is not mechanical it has LEDs, and an electronic switch..?

You're right that an unregulated mechanical mod should have a longer vape time than a regulated one, but then you get to deal with voltage drop off, a 1ohm coil doesn't vape the same on a freshly charged 4.2v as it does on a needs to be recharged 3.2v.

this is where variable voltage/wattage comes in..delivering a consistent vape everytime regardless of battery life

DNA20 board is very high quality, for example cheap chinese vv/vw mods have been measured on an oscilloscope with PWM frequency of 37hz, the provari, a high end american mod has a frequency of 800hz. The DNA20 is at least on par if not better than the provari in terms of smooth output.

Using a single NCR18650PD 2900mah I can go all day @ 7.4 volts. With the persei I would be required to use 2x 18350s for a total 1600mah, getting less run time.

PhotoRider

Persei is not mechanical it has LEDs, and an electronic switch..?

You're right that an unregulated mechanical mod should have a longer vape time than a regulated one, but then you get to deal with voltage drop off, a 1ohm coil doesn't vape the same on a freshly charged 4.2v as it does on a needs to be recharged 3.2v.

this is where variable voltage/wattage comes in..delivering a consistent vape everytime regardless of battery life

DNA20 board is very high quality, for example cheap chinese vv/vw mods have been measured on an oscilloscope with PWM frequency of 37hz, the provari, a high end american mod has a frequency of 800hz. The DNA20 is at least on par if not better than the provari in terms of smooth output.

Using a single NCR18650PD 2900mah I can go all day @ 7.4 volts. With the persei I would be required to use 2x 18350s for a total 1600mah, getting less run time.
So having a LED makes it a non mechanical? Gee I use a LED lighted mechanical switch to control my lab supply driving my Cera and D9 carts with a base I made. No silicon except for that LED built into that switch. Guess its not mechanical... Get real man.

Great it works for you. My point was apples and oranges, plus I continue to stand by my statement a mechanical is more efficient that a PWM type. Didn't say they were not trade-offs or say one was better than the other. Just those two points.

Don't understand the pissing contest on which is better. Said great you like it, that what counts. Never put it down, just stated something you agreed with.

Who brought up cheap cheap chinese anything?

jdee

My assumption that the switch head is electronic and not mechanical was based on the fact that it can fail, and needs to be replaced, is this incorrect?

I'm not here to say one thing is better than another, I was simply sharing my findings as a person who was interested in using sr-71 cart on my existing gear.

I do however find it interesting that you had to repeat your point about efficiency when I just showed you my inefficient pwn setup has twice as much usable life than the alternative.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
My assumption that the switch head is electronic and not mechanical was based on the fact that it can fail, and needs to be replaced, is this incorrect?

I'm not here to say one thing is better than another, I was simply sharing my findings as a person who was interested in using sr-71 cart on my existing gear.

I do however find it interesting that you had to repeat your point about efficiency when I just showed you my inefficient pwn setup has twice as much usable life than the alternative.

Actually the 2900 loses a lot of mah to run at 20 watts, I dont have the numbers on me and its difficult to calculate with our engineer near me but to say that you still get 2900 mah is wrong.

Also to the part that 2x18350 stacked = 1600mah is wrong as well. Stacking only gives you the voltage, not the mah.

Also it is better to buck then boost.

Example getting Usain Bolt to hit 25mph vs getting a car too. Ya hell get there but hes gonna be tired after 100 meters.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

PhotoRider

That isn't the unit, that is the battery which is higher in mAh. Nothing to do with the base. If you compared using the same storage your results may differ... Still stand by my comments. Your data is apples to oranges.

Now if you suggest the point... oh the Persei requires two smaller mAh batteries to do the same thing, well not really. I run mind with 2 18650's and I bet you it will out last your mod. To truly measure efficiently you minimize unknowns and use the same conditions.

I find it interesting in life what people tend to have strong opinions when they don't completely understand the technology or details. Not saying that's you, but I do find your opinions strong.

cannaman559

yes you can use a screen from an old mouthpiece. I myself dont have an extra mouth piece for my herc so i went to vaporware house and ordered some ultrafine screens, but its $10 bucks just for shippin and handlin so i would just go with the mouthpiece screen if you've got one to spare. You just put it in over your coil and then pack her up with herb and throw on the stainless steel top and you're good to go. You're gonna be blown away by the taste so make sure to strap yourself in!

Ok. I use all my oils with the 30% side of the coil. Does the size of the coil matter with herb?
So coil, extra mouthpiece screen, meds, top cap, then lights out right?

thevaf

So having a LED makes it a non mechanical? Gee I use a LED lighted mechanical switch to control my lab supply driving my Cera and D9 carts with a base I made. No silicon except for that LED built into that switch. Guess its not mechanical... Get real man.

Great it works for you. My point was apples and oranges, plus I continue to stand by my statement a mechanical is more efficient that a PWM type. Didn't say they were not trade-offs or say one was better than the other. Just those two points.

Don't understand the pissing contest on which is better. Said great you like it, that what counts. Never put it down, just stated something you agreed with.

Who brought up cheap cheap chinese anything?

Having short-circuit protection means the Persei is not a true mechanical mod. So it has all the benefits of a mech mod (unregulated current, high power) without the risks (overcurrent, batteries exploding due to mismatched voltage). I'd say thats a win.

But I am very interested in this DNA20, where can I find out more info? For the past year I was looking for a high powered VV vape and could not find one that went over 6v or 15w. All the ones that came up after a google search are the size of Zack Morris's cell phone.

Caligula

Maximus
So I got a gram of top shelf keif. How should I go about using this in my Hercules? I melted some wax into a bit until it resembled very soft hash... but that didn't to too well when I dropped it onto my cut coil. BTW, can I just eat a ball of this wax/keif, or do I need to do something to it so I can metabolize it in my gut?

Caligula,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys remember these might go to 7.4v but the spring and batteries might not handle the amps.

8.4v + 1.5 ohms = 5.6 amps.

As long as it can handle the amps it should be ok. Remember we are not responsible.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

OF

That isn't the unit, that is the battery which is higher in mAh. Nothing to do with the base.

Interesting discussion.

By the numbers two 1600 mAh batteries have more stored energy than one 2900 mAh one (3200 being more than 2900), we just can't use as much of it?

Perhaps a missing factor is that traditional VV heads can compensate for the battery charge decay by simply drawing more current to get the base voltage (typically 6 Volts?) back up to spec. The output of the supply remains constant. Where 'bare bones' supplies like Persei, TV and the like suffer decreased performance and call for recharges while significant energy still remains in the battery? I routinely pull such batteries around 3.6 Volts (with roughly half the total charge still there but unavailable at high enough levels), while the converters soldier happily along....

Iris, not having an up converter, likely will have similar issues here? Once the voltage falls too far, performance will drop even though there's otherwise useful charge left.

OF

PhotoRider

Well, G - I am not going that route myself. Happy with my setup :)

Interesting discussion.

By the numbers two 1600 mAh batteries have more stored energy than one 2900 mAh one (3200 being more than 2900), we just can't use as much of it?

Perhaps a missing factor is that traditional VV heads can compensate for the battery charge decay by simply drawing more current to get the base voltage (typically 6 Volts?) back up to spec. The output of the supply remains constant. Where 'bare bones' supplies like Persei, TV and the like suffer decreased performance and call for recharges while significant energy still remains in the battery? I routinely pull such batteries around 3.6 Volts (with roughly half the total charge still there but unavailable at high enough levels), while the converters soldier happily along....

Iris, not having an up converter, likely will have similar issues here? Once the voltage falls too far, performance will drop even though there's otherwise useful charge left.

OF

Yes I agree with the constant voltage advantage if the losses are not to much doing it. Once the voltage goes low enough the cart just doesn't preform even though power is there... reference @Haywood post on battery trade-offs. One great thing about the external lab supply at home.

Which 2 1600mAh batteries are you discussing - not sure I follow or understand. Two 18650's in series?

The thing i have thought about is to run 7.4V in a standard tube requires 2 18350's each 700mAh. I was trying to convince myself they add, but I can't convince myself. Since you are running 7.4 you are drawing the same current out of each... Maybe I am over medicated and I'm over thinking this...

@Caligula - one method - get a pollen press or a short brass tube (like you get at home depot for gas line) & some metal rod that just fits in the tube. Pollen press is easier and a cheap one is fine.

Load it up with hash, any type, kief and wax if you want. I use reclaim from my grain alcohol cleaning that's been purged. I also use new wax to. I layer kief , hash and the wax. I use like 4-5 grams of hash/kief. Throw the press together. Now heat it with a torch and press some more. Cool and remove.

Just cut of a piece with a knife, maybe break it up a bit and throw it in the SR-71 without the coil at all...

You can thank @ataxian - he gave me the idea... The best sleeping pill made IMHO

pellet-1.jpg
pellet-2.jpg

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Nice setup! Makes me wish I wasn't married, heh. I think I may need to go get a press tomorrow... and more keif. Now, how does that vape up? Is it sticky? What's the consistency like?

Edit: also hows that Silpat compare to an Oil Slick mat?

@PhotoRider

Caligula,

PhotoRider

Is hard. You melt the wax in and the kief soaks it up. You need a knife. Its like brick hash...

Last edited:
PhotoRider,
Top Bottom