Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Got a little bit interested until I saw the price. $330 for the Persei + SR cart. It would be $350 for the Cera oil+loose leaf cart and they are all hand assembled with US materials and zirconia. Not hard to tell which one has the bigger profit margin....

Also, what is to stop me from buying a SR-71 3.7v cart and a m601-510 adapter to be used by a mechanical e-cig mod? I have been highly skeptical of D9's quality of materials since everything I bought just ended up breaking and getting replaced.

Make a high quality wax cartridge like the sr-71 (if it does perform as well as G says) that also fits into the industry's 510 threading standard. I sure will see a lot more reason to look forward to D9 products and purchase them. Hell, the Chinese-made cart itself is already $130 by itself. Sounds like a lot of profit if D9 can stand by their carts and let anyone with an e-cig use it. That's how Thermovape got my loyalty with their Revolution cart anyways. (I thought $60 for a cart was expensive.. ended up buying multiple carts soon after.)
I would add the batteries and charger to the Cera. The Persei comes with 3 batteries, 2 carts. Its more like $$425 verses $330 which is the price of the LL... Just saying.

The US verses china stuff is politics, not business. Why discuss that?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Got a little bit interested until I saw the price. $330 for the Persei + SR cart. It would be $350 for the Cera oil+loose leaf cart and they are all hand assembled with US materials and zirconia. Not hard to tell which one has the bigger profit margin....

Also, what is to stop me from buying a SR-71 3.7v cart and a m601-510 adapter to be used by a mechanical e-cig mod? I have been highly skeptical of D9's quality of materials since everything I bought just ended up breaking and getting replaced.

Make a high quality wax cartridge like the sr-71 (if it does perform as well as G says) that also fits into the industry's 510 threading standard. I sure will see a lot more reason to look forward to D9 products and purchase them. Hell, the Chinese-made cart itself is already $130 by itself. Sounds like a lot of profit if D9 can stand by their carts and let anyone with an e-cig use it. That's how Thermovape got my loyalty with their Revolution cart anyways. (I thought $60 for a cart was expensive.. ended up buying multiple carts soon after.)

Please do not be ignorant just because our products are not assembled here. Last time I checked many people have sent in their products multiple times to said manufacturer. Quality means quality not where it is manufactured. Think of it this way, if the same engineer we have hired in China makes our devices here does quality improve? Answer is no.

Sure you can use it on a ecig. We are not holding you back. You just need a 601 and something that can handle 6 amps safely.

You have to understand, not many ecigs can handle a dart, that is why many ego batteries fried trying.

In fact one does not understand that if we put out a 510 threaded Herc and you use that on a device that cant handle the 6 amp load it breaks said device creates and issue, who is responsible for it?

Another thing to realize.

The said company you mentioned when was the last time they where on the forums helping with issues, let alone on skype, facebook, tickets, on sundays, saturdays, and at 2 am in the morning?

That Zirconia you have let me see will it break if it drops on the concrete? Will they replace it if it breaks? Does that mean its bad quality if it breaks?

You think profit margin when you compare our devices with their's. Think how much we have pushed the envelope how much we have spent on research and development in this industry vs how many are just knocking off ecigs and calling it a oil vaporizer, how many claim glass rods in their products but say others are made from silica wicks. how many claim they had the designs 1 year ago and it was stolen yet they are the ones who dont understand that the company never invented shit.

Yes Up Tech is in it to make money, but please dont sit there and think that even your so called company likes to work for free.

Last edited:
I would add the batteries and charger to the Cera. The Persei comes with 3 batteries, 2 carts. Its more like $$425 verses $330 which is the price of the LL... Just saying.

The US verses china stuff is politics, not business. Why discuss that?

Two panasonic 18650 batteries are $11 and a wp2 II charger is $20 (dual channel with a car charger vs single channel/no car charger) Quality of the D9 chargers are junk as well. I guess that bumps it up to $380 vs $330.

Please do not be ignorant just because our products are not assembled here. Last time I checked many people have sent in their products multiple times to said manufacturer. Quality means quality not where it is manufactured. Think of it this way, if the same engineer we have hired in China makes our devices here does quality improve? Answer is no.

Sure you can use it on a ecig. We are not holding you back. You just need a 601 and something that can handle 6 amps safely.

You have to understand, not many ecigs can handle a dart, that is why many ego batteries fried trying.

In fact one does not understand that if we put out a 510 threaded Herc and you use that on a device that cant handle the 6 amp load it breaks said device creates and issue, who is responsible for it?

Another thing to realize.

The said company you mentioned when was the last time they where on the forums helping with issues, let alone on skype, facebook, tickets, on sundays, saturdays, and at 2 am in the morning?

That Zirconia you have let me see will it break if it drops on the concrete? Will they replace it if it breaks? Does that mean its bad quality if it breaks?

You think profit margin when you compare our devices with there. Think how much we have pushed the envelope how much we have spent on research and developed in this industry vs how many are just knocking off ecigs and calling it a oil vaporizer, how many claim glass rods in their products but say others are made from silica wicks. how many claim they had the designs 1 year ago and it was stolen yet they are the ones who dont understand that the company never invented shit.

Yes Up Tech is in it to make money, but please dont sit there and think that even your so called company likes to work for free.

I am one of those who sent the Cera back multiple times. I am not complaining anymore because they fixed it completely and seems like all the problems have settled down. Also, they pay for shipping two ways unlike D9. The Zirconia may break, but it sure is worth a lot more than a steel tube made in China.

I mentioned it being Chinese-made because that means all the manufacturing is outsourced to China. When something breaks, D9 sends you a replacement because it's cheaper than fixing it. I sent Omicron tops about 3-4 times and 2 replacements did not align with the body and they still eventually got broken. (I have a HVD mind you.)

The Silver Bullet mod goes up to 6.5 amps with 7.4V. It's $85 and made in the USA. This is why I do not trust your "R&D investment" nor the prices for your Chinese sourced battery mods. You are always undermining the e-cig world in cartridges, but for $85 vs $200, the only difference is that non-standard m601 threading.

Thermovape used a 510 thread and just left a warning. Did not seem like a lot of people complained about their mods frying. I did see a lot of praise for their modular design though.

Last edited:
Highnstein,
Reactions: OF
They're providing the convenience of having everything in one package for purchase. If you want to get a mod that can handle it as well as an adapter, then why not do that yourself?

Convenience costs money.

Convenience does not constitute marking up a Chinese battery mod by more than 100%(Sure it's more) and claim it as "R&D". The SR-71 is also not in one package; you have to buy it separately with the Persei.

OF

WRONG - I measured it and the EO continues to draw the same current at the same voltage forever. You are 100% wrong

Please take your own advice and do not spread miss information on the EO:) It will draw 4.5+ amps on my Cera until the battery drops. For over 4 min. I know OF disagrees in theory, but like OF said, reality is the proof and my 3 EO continue to draw the same current at the same voltage.

You know, I just read KK's post a couple of times and I agree with him....and I can't find where he's talking about constant current draw at all?

"100% wrong"? I can't even find one part of it I really disagree with (most seems to be about Omicron carts and wicks???).

And I sure don't see what I disagree with you on current draw wise. Constant resistance over temperature is a feature of the alloy TV is using, I expect it. Likewise the larger than normal positive TC of the more conventional alloy D9 seems to be using. But I'm not sure how that meshes with the idea that not replacing oil fast enough can lead to burnt oil....which I think was KK's point?

Then again lots gets past me sometimes.

Please do not be ignorant just because our products are not assembled here.

Did you really mean to call the man ignorant? Just because his opinions differ? I took his point to mean that TV probably had higher labor costs, which is, I assume, one of the motivations to make things offshore. I believe he's right there.....if that was his point. IMO far from ignorant.

Nothing wrong with making a profit of course, in fact it's the motivation that makes Capitalism work. Profit is good. It encourages risk taking, which brings us new products to consider. It's also the 'edge' that lets competition in sometimes which to some extent controls it? Try to make 'too much' profit and some sharp competitor is going to undercut your price and get the sales. That too is part of Capitalism, it's a package deal.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Praise for modular design? Yes I am guessing the old owners are happy that the new gear works with the old gear huh? Modular don't mean anything when you have to buy a whole new vaporizer because the company decided to just walk away from that design.

Anyone Ever notice the Old Gear internals are the same as the new gear internals? So repackaging is the correct term? That's cool not against it but nothing was invented. In fact the old gear was used as electronic cigarettes.

You seeing a pattern? Just Repackage, and rinse and repeat.

Now your Silver Bullet.

US made? That's a Chinese switch i see there. 6.5 amps? I don't see them claiming 6.5 amps anywhere on their site not even 7.4v, in fact the altsmoke directs you to use a single 18650 protected cell.

Now. $85 for a silver bullet.

That's 6 month warranty for mechanical defects only. That means you fuck up its on you.

No batteries, charger and not even a atomizer to get you going.

Before you compare any other vaporizers quality to ours have Bob stab a brick with it, dunk it in water, run it over then see if its working and then we can compare it.

By the way make sure they have electronics inside as we want to compare apples to apples. Since none of the two companies you mentioned does electronics.

As for the R&D section yes this is how long things took to make.

Hercules about 1.5 years in the works.

Original Cartridges almost 5 years in the works come this December. First of its Kind

The Core 1.5 years in the works. First of its design, other pass through's existed but nothing like this.

1701's approx 1.5 years in the works. Once again based on the original cartridge but now we deleted the second heater and reduced the leakage.

Iris 1.5 years in the works

Not trying to sound like a dick here but i have to on this one, but no one cares for their customers as we do.

Our Quality of materials is what you questioned because our manufacturing is in China.

In fact you also mentioned that they paid for shipping both ways on all three occasions. I guess the other people didnt get the memo on that one that is why they are complaining about shipping costs adding up now.

As for everything you have breaking may i ask What you where doing when they where breaking?

friedbanana8

you guys should go and see Bob's endurance tests on the persei on youtube. MAkes you think even superman (the man of steel) would approve. But seriously guys, how many times have you set your persei on a desk and knocked it over or you've dropped it onto the floor. Ive done it dozens of times, even with my nibbler on it and ive yet to break anything.

Now, i know you guys all say that if you unscrew the bottom chamber, even just to check for a leak, that you have to disassemble the whole bottom and then reassemble, but ive never had to do that. Im not sure if this is advice directed towards people with older tops or to everyone, but when i first got my new tops i wanted to see the "wrong assembly light flashes" feature. ive yet to see it flash and ive checked for oil in the bottom chamber a dozen times since ive got the herc (not a single leak yet guys) without completely having to disassemble and reassemble. I just make sure that the bottom screw isnt loose after i screw the bottom chamber back on as sometimes the screw gets loose.
I just thought id throw this out there for those who dont look forward to disassembling and reassembling.

asimplebeast

you guys should go and see Bob's endurance tests on the persei on youtube. MAkes you think even superman (the man of steel) would approve. But seriously guys, how many times have you set your persei on a desk and knocked it over or you've dropped it onto the floor. Ive done it dozens of times, even with my nibbler on it and ive yet to break anything.

Now, i know you guys all say that if you unscrew the bottom chamber, even just to check for a leak, that you have to disassemble the whole bottom and then reassemble, but ive never had to do that. Im not sure if this is advice directed towards people with older tops or to everyone, but when i first got my new tops i wanted to see the "wrong assembly light flashes" feature. ive yet to see it flash and ive checked for oil in the bottom chamber a dozen times since ive got the herc (not a single leak yet guys) without completely having to disassemble and reassemble. I just make sure that the bottom screw isnt loose after i screw the bottom chamber back on as sometimes the screw gets loose.
I just thought id throw this out there for those who dont look forward to disassembling and reassembling.
This is my experience as well. I often open up the SR-71 to check for leaks and reassemble it the lazy way by screwing the whole thing back together with-out disassembling. I've never had it not work, except when the batteries weren't charged.

Like the regular D9 carts, It's not nearly as complicated as the reputation. I sell D9 products to the general public, and a 15 minute sales pitch can get someone using the product properly with good results. I don't see that changing with the SR-71.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

You know, I just read KK's post a couple of times and I agree with him....and I can't find where he's talking about constant current draw at all?

"100% wrong"? I can't even find one part of it I really disagree with (most seems to be about Omicron carts and wicks???).

And I sure don't see what I disagree with you on current draw wise. Constant resistance over temperature is a feature of the alloy TV is using, I expect it. Likewise the larger than normal positive TC of the more conventional alloy D9 seems to be using. But I'm not sure how that meshes with the idea that not replacing oil fast enough can lead to burnt oil....which I think was KK's point?

Then again lots gets past me sometimes.

Did you really mean to call the man ignorant? Just because his opinions differ? I took his point to mean that TV probably had higher labor costs, which is, I assume, one of the motivations to make things offshore. I believe he's right there.....if that was his point. IMO far from ignorant.

Nothing wrong with making a profit of course, in fact it's the motivation that makes Capitalism work. Profit is good. It encourages risk taking, which brings us new products to consider. It's also the 'edge' that lets competition in sometimes which to some extent controls it? Try to make 'too much' profit and some sharp competitor is going to undercut your price and get the sales. That too is part of Capitalism, it's a package deal.

OF
@OF Interesting - his exact words:

"Yes the rod drops in watts after it heats up, but so does heating wire.
Edit. What I really meant is as it heats up the resistance of the rod or wire changes, which in turn changes the watts delivered"

He stated the wire changes resistance as it heats. Given a constant voltage with a changing resistance the current would change, it does not. He is 100% wrong. You can agree or disagree, but those are his exact words.

I will not get into a pissing contest about this. I understand you will not agree, but reality states otherwise.

PhotoRider,
Reactions: ataxian
Praise for modular design? Yes I am guessing the old owners are happy that the new gear works with the old gear huh? Modular don't mean anything when you have to buy a whole new vaporizer because the company decided to just walk away from that design.

Anyone Ever notice the Old Gear internals are the same as the new gear internals? So repackaging is the correct term? That's cool not against it but nothing was invented. In fact the old gear was used as electronic cigarettes.

You seeing a pattern? Just Repackage, and rinse and repeat.

Now your Silver Bullet.

US made? That's a Chinese switch i see there. 6.5 amps? I don't see them claiming 6.5 amps anywhere on their site not even 7.4v, in fact the altsmoke directs you to use a single 18650 protected cell.

Now. $85 for a silver bullet.

That's 6 month warranty for mechanical defects only. That means you fuck up its on you.

No batteries, charger and not even a atomizer to get you going.

Before you compare any other vaporizers quality to ours have Bob stab a brick with it, dunk it in water, run it over then see if its working and then we can compare it.

By the way make sure they have electronics inside as we want to compare apples to apples. Since none of the two companies you mentioned does electronics.

As for the R&D section yes this is how long things took to make.

Hercules about 1.5 years in the works.

Original Cartridges almost 5 years in the works come this December. First of its Kind

The Core 1.5 years in the works. First of its design, other pass through's existed but nothing like this.

1701's approx 1.5 years in the works. Once again based on the original cartridge but now we deleted the second heater and reduced the leakage.

Iris 1.5 years in the works

Not trying to sound like a dick here but i have to on this one, but no one cares for their customers as we do.

Our Quality of materials is what you questioned because our manufacturing is in China.

In fact you also mentioned that they paid for shipping both ways on all three occasions. I guess the other people didnt get the memo on that one that is why they are complaining about shipping costs adding up now.

As for everything you have breaking may i ask What you where doing when they where breaking?

For someone who talks about R&D so much you sure don't know how to research... The Silver Bullet is capable of stacking batteries. If you do a simple google search or look at battery reviews on Amazon, you can tell it's a popular mod for 6-7.4V usage and made in the USA with 6.5A limit. Made of similar aircraft aluminum material that you think is so heavy duty on the Persei as well. I only used the Silver Bullet as an example to set my point on the Persei pricing. There are many other high quality hand made mods that are way less than the Persei that can also stack two 18350 batteries.

The Persei is not innovation or revolutionary. It is a custom order e-cig mod that isn't hard for Chinese manufacturers to make especially for the price you set it at. Please stop talking about R&D and shit-talking about the e-cig world when you are just regurgitating whatever facts you want.

My Omicron HVD fried at 6V and a 2.4ohm cart I believe. I don't really remember exactly what I was using but getting a m601 to 510 adapter and using your carts with a mechanical e-cig mod have proven to be way more reliable than the batteries you sell.

Last edited:
Highnstein,

PhotoRider

can we move on. I don't see the bashing point @Highnstein.
First you use a super cheap source for the battery/charger spinning the data. Why not use the price TET sell them for. The charger is not different I believe. A single battery/charge which is required, but doesn't come with it is $45...Then the extra carts etc. I think my value was reasonable. The VMOD can be use as a Cera too, but you are not discussing that are you.

If you think the value isn't there you don't have to buy it, but the same goes for the Cera. It is about the same price. Where its made etc is not really important in a global economy as long is the quality is there. I believe both products have similar quality.

can we move on. I don't see the bashing point @Highnstein.
First you use a super cheap source for the battery/charger spinning the data. Why not use the price TET sell them for. The charger is not different I believe. A single battery/charge which is required, but doesn't come with it is $45...Then the extra carts etc. I think my value was reasonable. The VMOD can be use as a Cera too, but you are not discussing that are you.

If you think the value isn't there you don't have to buy it, but the same goes for the Cera. It is about the same price. Where its made etc is not really important in a global economy as long is the quality is there. I believe both products have similar quality.

Hey I'll stop here. I just got irritated at THC Scientific's misinformation to market his products. My point was it can be a lot more modular by using the standard 510 threading and open up a market for other people but they'd rather stick with their unusual threading and overpriced mod. I think it's absolutely awesome that TET applaud users with custom made mods.. Opposite here

Highnstein,

PhotoRider

Hey I'll stop here. I just got irritated at THC Scientific's misinformation to market his products. My point was it can be a lot more modular by using the standard 510 threading and open up a market for other people but they'd rather stick with their unusual threading and overpriced mod. I think it's absolutely awesome that TET applaud users with custom made mods.. Opposite here
OK, but the "I think it's absolutely awesome that TET applaud users with custom made mods.. Opposite here" is an opinion.
Some would say its the same, some worse. Custom threading, not 510 either. the Base has issues too. The flex strip is a major issue for me, but I digress.

The point is trade-offs - you may like one set and some else the other. Its great we as users have these options. Delta9 going under does not help me or you. Same with TET. I want the options. Hope you do to. Dragging where its made thing isn't important unless its immoral business practices. I don't know that plus from what I know of them they would do that just to make a buck.

The funny thing is the stock analysts forced the company I work for to off-shore all manufacturing to the far east. We were the last hold out in our industry. 1000 of my co-workers lost their job one day. They kept 100 to train the off-shore people then let them go. Our CEO cried. The fact is off-shoring saves cost and the stock market wants that. To survive they will force you to do that or your stock tanks. If you are a public company this happens... Why rag about it, change it.

EDIT: I would also add one more thing....
Its great G is here and pushing his products. Gives us direct pipeline into them. That is just awesome. If you have an issue he will take the time to help. He drove to SD and help a couple owners and made major progress. He has helped me on SKYPE. Its not that it has issues, its the fact Delta9 wants to succeed and will do the extra effort to support that. You must admire and welcome that. Rare to have direct access to major players in the company...

Also, the SR-71 has just be weaned. Its their baby and one would expect them to push it. They spent much time on it and still do. Nothing is perfect, but in the past month its improved so much. Sure the data will be spun some. Marketing. The agenda is clear there. They are the company.

Now on the TET side - seems users need to do this rather than TET. That agenda I don't understand as an average user. I have seen several consumers get into a TET-Delta9 debate with Delta9/G. Why - to keep him honest? I find that interesting because of the agenda's. G's is clear and understandable. I have no issue discussing the issues, pointing out areas of improvement or correcting points of view, but the major agenda part is just drama.

Personally I have no agenda on either. I am an user, consumer. My agenda is me, not Delta9 nor TET and as such I want both to succeed and improve. I support both, but frankly my success with Delta9 is much better. I can have a skype conversation with G and discuss details, POV's etc. I find that refreshing and hope it doesn't stop. I understand some members have a road inside TET, but that is very few compared to the presence here for Delta9. I also find it interesting in the Cera thread if I post something even with actual data that isn't completely positive about the product, a string of drama threads follow from other consumer members defending it to the point a MOD must tell us to stop (I am guilty too on this one).

They are going different directions and who knows maybe something great will happen. We as consumers gain from the rub. It causes improvements.

Last edited:

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
A strong recommendation to stick with the standard Persei mod so you don't fry your equipment is a not a negative in my experience. The TET Cera "set" of cartridges all run off one battery at 3.7V - the Persei is modular to support different battery voltage combinations because it ships with two Omi carts and the Herc is offered in two voltages. Of course you can do whatever you want, being a highly educated consumer and all that entails.

When I stopped by the UPTech booth and bought the equipment directly from G's brother, he asked what I was used to expecting from my concentrate PV's, so I whipped out my Cera. I explained I was not interested in all the other Chinese rebranded ego-battery-silica-wick-driven bunk-tech on display - at literally DOZENS of other booths, mind you - hence my interest in their products. He asked how I liked it, and was explicitly honest by stating that TET was the only other company they recommend to their customers if those individuals are not satisfied with W9T product line. I also took the opportunity to whip out my ProVari and say hey bro, I don't need your Persei because this kickass overpriced name-brand VV device does 3.0-6.0V - so I just need a 601/510 adapter and the Herc.

He just shook his head while saying "No, that's going to blow it out. It will break it, and we will not be liable for your $200 ProVaris electronics frying". The sales pitch was rather convincing, and in no way did I feel like I was being ripped off or pressured to invest in something I did not need. They can't guarantee their carts from frying on other devices or frying the devices themselves, and in this exact instance my VV device would not even push the 7.4V cart if I wanted it to - I would be "stuck" with the 3.7V and the risk of breaking all my shit at any given moment with no real recourse. With the Persei I have options and my ass covered by their guarantees. Imagine the "normal" or first time customer who doesn't give a flying fuck about any of this terminology, they just want shit to "work out of the box". This is common sense from the W9T support perspective, not simply a pushy conversion tactic.

Tangentially, from my own personal perspective, I would also much rather have two huge mod assemblies to deal with than having two large atomizer heads & extra batteries to run off a single mod. The swapping game is fucking bogus and after spending upwards of a couple hundred dollars on gear the last thing I want do is to constantly thread in a different atomizer head depending on if I want a spacey fix or a nic fix, all while draining the same battery with very different cycle demands. This is the same reason that, even though it was surprising and I found it to be awesome that G mentioned it as a possibility - even if I owned two Hercs, there is no way I would devote one to E-juice and swap them back and forth. Not now, not ever.

In the rush to condemn the Persei I would also note there were a lot of points glossed over between each of these mods from usability and handling perspectives that have nothing to do with price points or origin of manufacturing, but that is neither here nor there.

OF

He stated the wire changes resistance as it heats. Given a constant voltage with a changing resistance the current would change, it does not. He is 100% wrong. You can agree or disagree, but those are his exact words.

I will not get into a pissing contest about this. I understand you will not agree, but reality states otherwise.

Thanks, I looked again, and I still see him talking about the heater in SR71, not Cera. I think he's right, heater wire alloys typically have high positive temperature coefficients to aid in temperature regulation. Soldering irons being a classic example. Therefore I suspect the heaters D9 is using are made with that characteristic in mind. A wise choice I think.

The fact (and I agree it's a fact in the alloy chosen by TV for Cera) that some other heaters don't change value doesn't change the point I think he made about the D9 products.

AFAIK the only thing we disagree on is you think 5 Amps is normal current for Cera and I think that four is. I get that you like to dismiss me as being disconnected from reality, I just don't share that view and am happy to have a civil discussion on the fine points.

Here I just don't see him being "100% wrong" as long as what he's saying is happening with SR71 seems to be what's happening. If you wish to think that's because I'm delusional, I guess I get that too.

For the record I think the SR71 heater changes value with heat while an entirely different series of heaters from a different maker do not.....which I think you also believe?

OF

OF,

PhotoRider

Thanks, I looked again, and I still see him talking about the heater in SR71, not Cera. I think he's right, heater wire alloys typically have high positive temperature coefficients to aid in temperature regulation. Soldering irons being a classic example. Therefore I suspect the heaters D9 is using are made with that characteristic in mind. A wise choice I think.

The fact (and I agree it's a fact in the alloy chosen by TV for Cera) that some other heaters don't change value doesn't change the point I think he made about the D9 products.

AFAIK the only thing we disagree on is you think 5 Amps is normal current for Cera and I think that four is. I get that you like to dismiss me as being disconnected from reality, I just don't share that view and am happy to have a civil discussion on the fine points.

Here I just don't see him being "100% wrong" as long as what he's saying is happening with SR71 seems to be what's happening. If you wish to think that's because I'm delusional, I guess I get that too.

For the record I think the SR71 heater changes value with heat while an entirely different series of heaters from a different maker do not.....which I think you also believe?

OF

LOL, you are 100% predictable, 100%. Guess the use of WIRE in his statement is the SR-71 ceramic rod not the EO. Also the words "Yes the rod drops in watts after it heats up, but so does heating wire." does not have nothing to do with the Cera even through he is contrasting the two.

Whatever OF, think and read what you want into the words, but your agenda is clear here. I didn't expect you to agree, you just can't make u-turns - like the Fonz on Happy Days...

Its all good. It is what it is.

OF

What's the life expectancy of a 510 adapter?

If you have a backup, darn near for ever. I use them a lot and have never had one fail in a way I wasn't guilty of causing. They can be overheated, misthreaded and contaminated with oil amongst other problems, as well as just getting lost (I think I threw one out still screwed to the dead Omicron cart...thinking it was on the battery).

Having two available should easily keep Murphy at bay here I think.

OF

thevaf

What's the life expectancy of a 510 adapter?

I've been using my m601-510 adapter for about 4-5months now with my 2.4 Omicron carts and my iTaste SVD and it works great. However, it changes the resistance slightly (.1-.2), so a 2.4 cart sometimes shows up at 2.5 or 2.6 when you check the resistance on the mod. However, I cannot run the 1.5ohms or 5ohm carts with the ecig-for that i have to use my Omicron HVD.

I will be testing the Herc SR with the blue rod at 4.2v using herbs (no Iris needed since I am not approaching more than 15watts and most ecigs cap out at 15w/6v/5Amps) and let you all know how it turns out. So far, I have been like the other people on here and haven't really found a use for the blue rod. (Mind you G offered to help me out on Skype, I just haven't had the time to take him up on that offer). But from what I've been reading it seems its either the white or black rod for success right now.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
For someone who talks about R&D so much you sure don't know how to research... The Silver Bullet is capable of stacking batteries. If you do a simple google search or look at battery reviews on Amazon, you can tell it's a popular mod for 6-7.4V usage and made in the USA with 6.5A limit. Made of similar aircraft aluminum material that you think is so heavy duty on the Persei as well. I only used the Silver Bullet as an example to set my point on the Persei pricing. There are many other high quality hand made mods that are way less than the Persei that can also stack two 18350 batteries.

The Persei is not innovation or revolutionary. It is a custom order e-cig mod that isn't hard for Chinese manufacturers to make especially for the price you set it at. Please stop talking about R&D and shit-talking about the e-cig world when you are just regurgitating whatever facts you want.

My Omicron HVD fried at 6V and a 2.4ohm cart I believe. I don't really remember exactly what I was using but getting a m601 to 510 adapter and using your carts with a mechanical e-cig mod have proven to be way more reliable than the batteries you sell.

Thats fine have these other companies that build a cheap hand made mod build you a new oil vape.

Oh by the way show me a 7.4v Mod that has built in electronics.

Krazzykid

@OF Interesting - his exact words:

"Yes the rod drops in watts after it heats up, but so does heating wire.
Edit. What I really meant is as it heats up the resistance of the rod or wire changes, which in turn changes the watts delivered"

My heating wire reference there was not referring to the Cera, since Cera uses a completely different kind of heating element.

I was instead bringing some light to G's quote where he was saying that the Cera uses "old school technology" that is outdated. He was comparing the Cera to old ecig technology.

G even went on to give me his measurements of the Cera after that(which by the way his measurements can't be correct since the value on Cera wire doesn't change)
3.7v .8 ohms = 16.2 watts to start once its running it goes down to 7 watts to keep it running.
As far as I can tell (and I could be wrong) the Sr71 uses the same wire that is in "old school technology" and it is simply coated in ceramic to form the rod he says is so much better.

This all started with G saying that Cera gives off "hybrid vapor"(vapor with smoke) because he thinks the oil in the Cera is vaped at 1300F even though he is wrong. Just because the element in the Cera has the ability to reach 1300F when dry it is impossible for that element to reach 1300F when in contact with oil (thermodynamics).
Even though the white rod in the SR71 can reach 1200F it is somehow magically different and gives off true vapor.

My whole point at the beginning is G sometimes puts out misinformation to try to make his product look better and at the same time gets the uneducated to believe him all at the cost of to hurting TET's reputation. In some circles that would be referred to as slander, just saying.

Edit
Old school or new school I still think both companies products work great, however I do not like a representative of one company spreading misinformation about another company.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
their unusual threading and overpriced mod. I think it's absolutely awesome that TET applaud users with custom made mods.. Opposite here

OK thats it!

Let me say you are full of it!

CERA has a big ass fitting not a interchangeable?

Definitely not standard!

I have a little collection of W9 TECH products.

They medicated me very well regardless of your comments.

Then you use the CHINESE vs USA comparison!

My wife and I do reverse engineering.

Many large companies make their products outside the USA these days.
I've worked with the arrogant attitudes here in the states.
I can make a product in CHINA for $400 including shipping.
The same product made in CALIFORNIA is $1200 just to make it!
Now the retailers sell this item for $800.
Well do the MATH!

Kind regards,
ataxian

Top Bottom