Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Yeah, I'm going to head out now and get some new scissors. Wish me luck because I'm seriously fucked if I screw this last one up. Wish we didn't have to mod the coils considering the price/availability of them :(

Its stainless steel you can bend it back into shape, its not that hard to cut it, trust me i was scared at first.

SlideOrDie

My point was that you can use the bottom load method until you get more coils to try cutting. that way you can use it now and not worry about your Hercules being MIA for a while. This technique should work with your shatter just fine. I used it with some cherry shatter last week. @SlideOrDie

I have confidence that you will succeed.
I do agree, the coils work great its just that recently it was proven to work that much better with thicker EO.
I completely understand your situation.

@Caligula , has a great point ,instead of cutting your last coil just load it from the bottom and you bypass the whole top of the oil coil so essentially like you're using a 20% or 30% cut oil coil.
This would also eliminate spending more money on scissors.
:tup:

Thanks for the feedback guys and point taken, however loading via the bottom just seems a little silly to me considering that's where the air holes are. Shatter takes longer/more heat to get going and vape and I'm just learning to use the SR71. With my luck I'm betting I'll do something wrong since this is the first time I'm firing it up and end up with my shatter in the bottom chamber. It just seems like the shorter coil + top load would be more user friendly for those of us using very stable shatter since it will allow a little bit more time and distance for the concentrate to melt down instead of just being at the bottom right near the holes for first use.

That being said, I was told I could not get any more coils when I ordered mine. That and $20 for coils + $28-30 for shipping to Canada is frustrating just thinking about it :( I've already spent plenty of time and $ on this setup.

Its stainless steel you can bend it back into shape, its not that hard to cut it, trust me i was scared at first.

The first two are fucked, I thought the cut had gone through but it didn't and trying tp separate the pieces they got all unraveled and pulled apart as well as crushed. I tried reshaping them but they were too unraveled, randomly sliced and crushed to make that possible.

Caligula

Maximus
@SlideOrDie

As I said, I've experimented with the bottom load method and have had good results with minimal to no leaking as long as I did a proper cool down and set the unit sideways for storage as per usual.

In any regard, if you are soaking the bottom 1/4 to 1/2 of an uncut coil, you are effectively doing the same thing as fully loading a cut coil... so I sort of fail to see what you mean. If you properly load a cut coil, it will still have concentrate at the bottom. The only difference I've noticed is the immediacy of the vapor hit VS a top only load, which needs to soak in a bit before getting to that point. That's not really a drawback IMO.

Of course, I'm not saying you shouldn't use a cut coil. You absolutely should, because reloading is cake. With a bottom load, you'll need to pull the coil to reload each time. As I said before, if you are worried about cutting your only good coil... well, you get the point.

Regardless of what you choose, I wish you luck.

Also what is the bottom load method and how does it work? I dont mind cutting of some of my coils but interested to hear how this works

Take your uncut coil out of the Hercules, and completely soak the bottom 1/4 to 1/2 of the coil with concentrate. Get it good and loaded up by melting the concentrate into the coil with a lighter, torch, hair-drier, etc... Once that's done and its cooled, load the coil back into the Hercules making sure the concentrate goes in first (facing DOWN).

This effectively gives you the same results of fully loading a cut coil. Enjoy.

Pro Tip: If you have a thinner or easily melted concentrate and a steady hand, once the coil is loaded, you can drip some of it down the middle onto the top of the ceramic rod for an extra big hit when you first start it up. I also find this to be the most falvorful of hits too (another reason to use a cut coil, you can do this every time with ease). I find dripping it off of a needle or paperclip works well for this.

Last edited:

air_zonk

Ok cool, when i get some new persei tops back (i really really hope i can get them somehow by the end of the week lol) I'll take my coil that i havent used yet and cut some off. So just to be clear when you say 30% coil you mean 30% is removed and 70% remaining?

air_zonk,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Ok cool, when i get some new persei tops back (i really really hope i can get them somehow by the end of the week lol) I'll take my coil that i havent used yet and cut some off. So just to be clear when you say 30% coil you mean 30% is removed and 70% remaining?
Other way around, removing 70% and leaving and using the 30% part of the coil.
The faster you get the warranty and send in the tops to be replaced.
The new tops will be set out to you asap.

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Caligula

air_zonk

oh wow ok. i will do that then with the coils.

so lets say i buy a warranty tonight and put the tops in the mail tomorrow morning and send w9tech the tracking #? i assume they wait to see what i send them first before mailing out though

also last question but the bottom insulator is a pain in the ass. on the last page it sounds like someone got their bottom insulator replaced. is that a thing that is happening? it seems like i need to take it apart and put it back together like 5 times before it registers 1.7 ohm on the multimeter, but an hour later, it's not working again... so should i send that back too?

lastly i have stretched out my coil almost all the way and then smashed it back into a close enough shape with my hands, vaped several g's through that coil, still works great, even remade a center hole to fit around the ceramic rod a few times... i wouldnt be worried about messing them up

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
oh wow ok. i will do that then with the coils.

so lets say i buy a warranty tonight and put the tops in the mail tomorrow morning and send w9tech the tracking #? i assume they wait to see what i send them first before mailing out though

also last question but the bottom insulator is a pain in the ass. on the last page it sounds like someone got their bottom insulator replaced. is that a thing that is happening? it seems like i need to take it apart and put it back together like 5 times before it registers 1.7 ohm on the multimeter, but an hour later, it's not working again... so should i send that back too?

lastly i have stretched out my coil almost all the way and then smashed it back into a close enough shape with my hands, vaped several g's through that coil, still works great, even remade a center hole to fit around the ceramic rod a few times... i wouldnt be worried about messing them up
Yeah, you can buy warranty and send a copy of the purchase and your tops and we will take care of the rest.
As far as the insulator goes no one that I know of got that replaced, the bottom black insulator might have to have the screw backed out a bit to make proper contacts.
It should not continue to be happening, if it continues after backing out a bit, then maybe a ticket might be in order.
The part that some one lost was inside the stainless steel lower heater chamber , it was the white ptfe washers.
So far any one with a bottom insulator issue has been fixed by just loosing the screw/screws a bit.

www.w9tech.com

Edit

also the shell as well as the bottom insulator are teflon and can either expand or contract
slightly due to the heat(this is normal), so I would try to adjust it and see if that works if not like I mentioned above maybe a opening a ticket on the w9tech.com website might be in order.

Last edited:

cannaman559

A friend of mine is trying to sell me his hardly used persei for $60...I noticed it had "persei" written on the tube but not under the power button. He bought it at a local smoke shop and still has the receipt (purchased 2 months ago)...
Suppose I buy his persei (cause its such a steal), could I send the old tops in for an exchange? Or do I have to buy the warranty for it to be covered even though he still has the receipt?

cannaman559,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
A friend of mine is trying to sell me his hardly used persei for $60...I noticed it had "persei" written on the tube but not under the power button. He bought it at a local smoke shop and still has the receipt (purchased 2 months ago)...
Suppose I buy his persei (cause its such a steal), could I send the old tops in for an exchange? Or do I have to buy the warranty for it to be covered even though he still has the receipt?
You might want to call in on that one, but I think it all depends on if its an authorized dealer.
Ill try to find out more for you, don't want to give any mis-information.

BLAZING OG,

cannaman559

I noticed delta9vapes had more inventory...the hammer, different colored rings and bottom caps, vinyl vape wraps, different colored ce4s, lanyards, drip tips, thread adapters, 1701...are any of these items going back up?

cannaman559,

cannaman559

So it looks as if the warranty with the smoke shops receipt should be good & accepted, only problem is that the heads have to be blown/fried in order to swap them out.
Hope this helps

What if I purchase a warranty through w9? Can I get them swapped that way? Or should I just use my sr71 on those until they blow?

cannaman559,

air_zonk

damn i didnt realize the coreis up for preorder. is the coupon code for the core going to be like it was for the sr 71? available until the expected release date? i don't have the money for it now but man do i want one...

air_zonk,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
What if I purchase a warranty through w9? Can I get them swapped that way? Or should I just use my sr71 on those until they blow?
I would recommend to use the herc on them till they go, if herc is assembled correctly it likely you'll have any issues, its when the herc isn't assembled correctly it can cause a short.
You technically already have warranty but you need burnt out tops to use it , and even if you bought warranty same would apply I believe.

I noticed delta9vapes had more inventory...the hammer, different colored rings and bottom caps, vinyl vape wraps, different colored ce4s, lanyards, drip tips, thread adapters, 1701...are any of these items going back up?

I do believe that all should be up on the site very soon, I ll try and find out if we have a date set in stone as to when all the items will be back up.
I would advise to any one thats interested on anything on the old website or in the catalogs to call in and make there purchases over the phone.

damn i didnt realize the coreis up for preorder. is the coupon code for the core going to be like it was for the sr 71? available until the expected release date? i don't have the money for it now but man do i want one...

"the core" is the code
It looks as if you have till core is out to use the coupon code.
so maybe oct.1st.
Ill find out more details.

It expired on 9/5/13...

Ill try to get more details, but the code might still be good till the release of the core.

9/5/13 might be for the hercules sr-71 coupon code expiration date, but I will confirm.

Last edited:

cannaman559

It expired on 9/5/13...

cannaman559,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Since I've gotten my SR-71 up and running, I have been falling more and more in love with this thing. It's now easy to get anywhere from wispy vapor all the way to lung busting clouds that rival dabbing off of a nail, and the taste is insane. All I'm waiting for now is the Nibbler XL and then I may not have much of a reason to keep much glass around. :ko:

Sorry i didn't get back on here till today. I was tied up all weekend with prior plans. Talked to G on friday when i was on here with my spring issues.. It turns out the battery was to blame i got a
I think loading the coil in chamber is a source of problems. You can't see saturation occurring or not, and oil can easily run along the sides of the chamber to the air-holes. Try loading .4 while the coil is on a glass surface. Place wax on top, or the sides, use a torch lighter at a distance. If this has been the problem you probably have a bunch of oil in the upper and lower chambers of the heater.

I would then try using the Herc without the long black shell on to ensure the best seal possible is being made.

Lastly, how are you hitting? If you Sherlock, that is to say, divide a big breath in to 3-5 smaller breaths, each separated by a second of pausing all while the button is being pressed, you should be getting the hit of your life. If you need a visual, almost every vid of G using the Herc shows him hitting like this.
I have been waiting to say this for a while! SR-71 has been seen soaring above the Rockies. Holy crap! Thanks to all that have helped me figure out what was going on, or the solution. I tried everything that was directed at my last post and this is what worked for me
I loaded my 40% coil outside of the herc. Following @Atomsk guide to heat wax into

Rhino420

FYI on the different colored ce4's, as far as the W9tech site you can click on it then click options... from there you get some different color options. a lot of the products on the site have an options button you can click on once your "reviewing or viewing" said product.

SkyHi

Hey guys, so I'm looking to get a SR-71, I've had my Persei a year or so now and its time to upgrade a lil :). However I'm kinda interested in the red/black rod as well, because according to all you on here it tastes amazing haha! I assume that the 7.4/3.7 SR-71 combo offered on W9 is the white and blue rod though. I really want that SR-71 soon though.. If i go ahead and pull the trigger today will there be a chance for me to get the red rod in the future (not for the price of the whole Herc)? Or do I need to restrain myself until the red rod is ready for production and do you guys have any idea of when that'd be?
PS sorry if this has been asked previously, i tried to read and didn't think it had :)

SkyHi,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hey guys, so I'm looking to get a SR-71, I've had my Persei a year or so now and its time to upgrade a lil :). However I'm kinda interested in the red/black rod as well, because according to all you on here it tastes amazing haha! I assume that the 7.4/3.7 SR-71 combo offered on W9 is the white and blue rod though. I really want that SR-71 soon though.. If i go ahead and pull the trigger today will there be a chance for me to get the red rod in the future (not for the price of the whole Herc)? Or do I need to restrain myself until the red rod is ready for production and do you guys have any idea of when that'd be?
PS sorry if this has been asked previously, i tried to read and didn't think it had :)
No worries, the red/blacl rod is not available yet but should be soon, the blue rod is available for herbs @ 3.7v and not the price of the herc just a small fee for the rod.
Red/black rod is being tested for oils @ 3.7v. and should be available for purchase soon, not sure on a date yet.

Last edited:
BLAZING OG,
Reactions: ataxian

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
My coil's top is flush with the top of the ceramic rod, but I think its recommended to cut coil so its a slight bit above the heat rod.

Full oil coil = Pure gold or similar consistency's
50% to 30% oil coil = for waxes and budders
30% to 20% oil coil = for shatters and very thick EO
I think you worded that last part wrong. For thicker oils, i was told you want the rod slightly above the coil. Like 1-2 mm which a 30% coil should achieve

Top Bottom