Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I see on the site its listed at $130. Is that price including the 25% off, or do we need need to enter some sort of coupon code?

Oops use Coupon code The Core

You should consider making a top cap/iris with a 510 connector for ecig users. I'm not suggesting pandering to them at all but, to my ignorant self it seems like changing the connector threads would not require much additional engineering. There are legions ecig users who like to hoard batteries but most are picky on looks. The adapters work well but they look mediocre and cause a gap. It might be a way to support your continued innovation while drawing in more potential customers. My :2c: (plus i just want one...)

My bender/hammer should arrive on Thursday and it's gonna be torture not being able to use it as the SS kit arrives sometime next week. Not to mention I just finally got a line on some concentrate so ima have to order an sr-71 soon. I guess its good timing though seeing as its recently been perfected. Can I buy a warranty for my SS kit or hammer kit, or if I buy an sr-71 and I fry my only hammer top will I be boned?

Also a typo in the w9 site description. Looks like it was supposed to say "The Core is designed to"

Thanks for the heads up on the typo.

Ok to answer your question we would like to make 510 threading, but think of this.

Once we make a 510 Iris then we what happens when someone who buys it now wants to run a Herc on it? this means we would have to now produce 510 PTFE adapters for the Herc, then what happens when they take their newly 510 herc and blow out their other 510 threaded ecigs? Would we be held reliable?

Also your warranty covers anything you do to your top so if they burn out you have no problems of getting it replaced. That is what you get with our company. Other companies tell you dont use their carts with other devices or it might break and its not under warranty. With us hell run it over with a tank we really dont care. If its under warranty its all good your safe.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
The Core is up for pre orders 25% off if you pre order now.

It will have inserts for both the Omicron v2.xx and Persei vaporizers.

Product Description
When UP Tech set out to create a world leading pass through systems we decided to make a pass through system that will be used not only for our devices but others as well so that everyone can benefit from out research. That is why we chose to build the Core. The Core is essentially the most versatile pass through system out there and it can power any type of pen vaporizer or electronic cigarette out there as long as you have the correct inserts. It is the only 3.0v - 8.4v 40 watt pass through system that even incorporates a 5v 0.5 amp USB port that will allow you recharge your smart phone or other electronic devices that accept a USB input while your using your vaporizer. The Core gned to provide you with endless power when you need it. It can handle the most demanding of tasks when used with any of our devices.

What is Included
  • 1 x Core Unit
  • 1 x Omicron V2.xx Insert
  • 1 x Persei Insert
  • 1 x Power Plug
  • 1 x Instruction Manual

Specs

• AC 110-220v Input
  • Dc10v-15v Input
  • 3.0v-8.4v Output
  • USB 5v 0.5 Amps Output
  • Maximum 40 Watts Output
  • Maximum 5 Amp Output
  • Short Circuit Protection
  • Increments of 0.1 +/-
Warranty Information
The Core has a 90 day Warranty from the date of purchase. The customer is responsible for shipping both ways. If it is out of warranty a service charge of $35 dollars will be charged for repairs.
Sweet, guess you don't need a coupo...

Hope so cause I pulled the trigger on 2... just what the doctor ordered for my use.

You guys are on a roll!

Still don't know what a GLOC is?

Darn, can I cancel the order?

Last edited:
PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sweet, guess you don't need a coupo...

Hope so cause I pulled the trigger on 2... just what the doctor ordered for my use.

You guys are on a roll!

Still don't know what a GLOC is?

Darn, can I cancel the order?

Yes ill cancel your order

THC SCIENTIFIC,

PhotoRider

Yes ill cancel your order
How?

Also why was I charged tax with an Oregon address?

Seems I can not use you website - I am charged sales tax no matter what, but live in a state that doesn't have one. Address correct and ship to corect. Don't want to pay yet another $23.40.

OK, edited the cart ship to again and tax went away after. Insteresting. first time for that on a cart.

Last edited:
PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
How?

Also why was I charged tax with an Oregon address?

Seems I can not use you website - I am charged sales tax no matter what, but live in a state that doesn't have one. Address correct and ship to corect. Don't want to pay yet another $23.40.

Its been fixed.

Your order has been canceled but paypal has a hold on it, so i have to wait for the hold to be lifted before i can refund.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: PhotoRider

PhotoRider

Its been fixed.

Your order has been canceled but paypal has a hold on it, so i have to wait for the hold to be lifted before i can refund.
OK, maybe the hold is removed now - I changed the paypal info....

Let me know and I will trigger another order. Sorry. Me cruising along too fast for the slow lane.

PhotoRider,

Bromeister

Ok to answer your question we would like to make 510 threading, but think of this.

Once we make a 510 Iris then we what happens when someone who buys it now wants to run a Herc on it? this means we would have to now produce 510 PTFE adapters for the Herc, then what happens when they take their newly 510 herc and blow out their other 510 threaded ecigs? Would we be held reliable?

Fair enough. I figured you guys had your reasons for not releasing a persei 510 product. I just have to see if I can DIY a ring for the adapter to make everything flush and pretty.

Also your warranty covers anything you do to your top so if they burn out you have no problems of getting it replaced. That is what you get with our company. Other companies tell you dont use their carts with other devices or it might break and its not under warranty. With us hell run it over with a tank we really dont care. If its under warranty its all good your safe.

Awesome, sounds like good service for a high performance product. I will be purchasing the persei warranty from W9.

Bromeister,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Fair enough. I figured you gu
ys had your reasons for not releasing a persei 510 product. I just have to see if I can DIY a ring for the adapter to make everything flush and pretty.

Awesome, sounds like good service for a high performance product. I will be purchasing the persei warranty from W9.

Ya there are things out there to consider, some people think that there are cheaper alternatives then the Persei, but ask yourself this, will you get the service, quality and warranty? I doubt it, what other company will let you upgrade your devices piece by piece so it is never outdated and you will always have the newer upgrades without buying whole new units? Do these other companies have tech support at 2 am in the morning? Do they go above and beyond to make sure everyones happy?

Angel

Ya there are things out there to consider, some people think that there are cheaper alternatives then the Persei, but ask yourself this, will you get the service, quality and warranty? I doubt it, what other company will let you upgrade your devices piece by piece so it is never outdated and you will always have the newer upgrades without buying whole new units? Do these other companies have tech support at 2 am in the morning? Do they go above and beyond to make sure everyones happy?
Hell no!!!!! No company does that !!! Great business sense stand by there product hands down!! Thanks again G for helping me out today massive Vapes tonight, just sometimes hard getting the set up just right but once you get it... Nothing out there is messing Why did you tell when I was in there, that the cores up for pre order bro I would had pre order it lol

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hell no!!!!! No company does that !!! Great business sense stand by there product hands down!! Thanks again G for helping me out today massive Vapes tonight, just sometimes hard getting the set up just right but once you get it... Nothing out there is messing Why did you tell when I was in there, that the cores up for pre order bro I would had pre order it lol

The decision was made around 6 pm after you came for the pre order. Either way pre orders need to be online since we need to keep track of it.

Agreed, I'm impressed by the level of service shown in this thread.

How long will the preorder code be valid for? A passthrough would be amazing but i just about broke the bank on the persei already. Gotta get dem monies in order

I think it's until September 5th? Not sure but ill let you know tomorrow currently can't access site from phone while sleeping.

Night guys.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Angel

The decision was made around 6 pm after you came for the pre order. Either way pre orders need to be online since we need to keep track of it.

I think it's until September 5th? Not sure but ill let you know tomorrow currently can't access site from phone while sleeping.
Oh thanks bro just bustin your balls lol

... Would we be held reliable? ...
It might be very embarrassing to be "held reliable" - I may just stick with the undependable vendors - more surprises (and excitement?) that way.

G, It has been asked but not answered: Do the old tanks for the Herc fit into the V2/SR-71 with all or any of the "washer fixes", "new SS top", the new mouthpiece (is this still coming given the SS top?) or any of the other myriad changes?

-NDA

Nick Again,

itschad

So am I understanding correctly that the core is a variable voltage battery (and so I can use the core with any and all of my carts) that has a USB plug in it for recharging on the go/providing constant power?

itschad,
Reactions: OF
Any coupon code for the Hercules now that things seem to be resolved? Still wouldn't mind trying this sucker out... :)

I'm ordering the core, but it seems a little expensive for just what it is... an AC to DC step down converter.. it has adjustable voltage output though? for use with the core? USB is nice...I'm just wondering what makes the price? Obviously your service and warranties are part of it... just wondering though.

PS. My soldering iron tip went bad yesterday and I used "The Hammer" to finish off a few solder connections... worked fine... lol

OF

So am I understanding correctly that the core is a variable voltage battery (and so I can use the core with any and all of my carts) that has a USB plug in it for recharging on the go/providing constant power?

No, I don't think that's right. It's a battery substitute, it needs to be plugged into the wall or car to work. And the USB jack is to charge other things (like your cell phone), there's noting in the Core to recharge.......

Aside from car use, it's not an 'on the go' kind of thing. It's for when your sitting withing 6 feet of 'shore power'. It takes Persei and the rest out of the Portable group and into the Plug In group?

PS. My soldering iron tip went bad yesterday and I used "The Hammer" to finish off a few solder connections... worked fine... lol

I hope it was lead free solder. I'd still get a new soldering iron, they work by conduction, being 'well tinned' is an important feature. Sooner or later 'cold solder joints' will cause grief.

OF

kevin

Hi G
Sorry but I also ordered my Core before code would work #13062, will you cancel for me and I'll reorder when I hear from you or can you do refund at your end?
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,
I hope it was lead free solder. I'd still get a new soldering iron, they work by conduction, being 'well tinned' is an important feature. Sooner or later 'cold solder joints' will cause grief.

OF

Obviously a real soldering iron is better... I will be getting a new one..

But I would say that my connections were far from cold joints. The hammer can get up to 1200f. Just hold the hammer on the terminal and it will easily heat that sucker up over any melting point of any solder you get... which is usually like 350f - 450f. Faster heat up and hotter than my soldering iron without melting the soldering iron housing.

Messiah of Savants,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

Obviously a real soldering iron is better... I will be getting a new one..

But I would say that my connections were far from cold joints.

I said "Sooner or later 'cold solder joints' will cause grief", exactly what I meant to say. Sure, you can solder with an iron nail, pliers and a blowtorch. Probably better in fact since you can tin the nail, even the raw torch (or lighter or matches) alone can be made to work.

The basics of good (soft) soldering remain, cleanness, heat and flux. Use of 'irons' that don't whet make the cleanness part much harder, really screw with the heat and impeded flux action. It's just very hard to get the work well enough above the melting point without overrunning the flux or integrity of the alloy. Both of which lead to hidden failures down the road.

I don't doubt in an emergency it can be done, I just don't think it's a good idea.

OF

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
It's for when your sitting withing 6 feet of 'shore power'. It takes Persei and the rest out of the Portable group and into the Plug In group?
Yep, this is perfect for those who plan on using the units at home, particularly with the Nibbler XL on the 7.4v Herc :love:

Glad to have invested in this updated line of products, as pleased as I am with the current performance I am also very excited for the future! :clap:

Top Bottom