Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
If the ring is not tight enough, the rod can also push in putting the bottom on.

However, don't think the rod can go into the retainer far enough to short. Its OK for me, tried to push it in and it wouldn't go far enough for me.

I have the same issue with vape, its leaking to the bottom for be. Maybe to much heat. I can throw herb in before the coil and its better since the herb blocks the leak, but it doesn't lat long as the oil...

Last edited:
PhotoRider,

druminfected

I think this is a good observation, at least worthy of investigation.

I wonder how deep the hole in the base pin is (the one the ceramic element plugs into). Is it deep enough so the metalized end and insulation band on the rod can enter far enough to short to the second ring (where the collet normally grabs)? If so, this seems like a design error. Perhaps something as simple as a short pin or bead in the well would prevent it being pushed in far enough to cause the failure?

And I'm still worried that there's no power source to backfeed the supply, a short circuit should be the worst case and the top should have tolerated a short......doesn't it just flash? Like 3 times? Is it perhaps that if you're not watching the light and don't notice and hang on the button it overheats and dies or something? Normally shorts aren't fatal.

So, will someone with one apart please check to see if the rod can be inserted into the base pin far enough to contact the second metalized ring? TIA

OF
BfaLH47.jpg

igEhsX8.jpg

actually having trouble getting my replacement to work as well :/ I've spent all day on this and finally at this point and haven't seen any vape except one lil puff so far. Trying to see what the issue could be. I don't think my rod got pushed in all the way but with the pics i posted it looks like it's possible..no?

druminfected,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok guys. Hercules off the site and we will wait for the top caps to come but tomorrow im also going to do a video from a production run using the washer. I will properly show you how to get it up and running.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Is the air flow restricted?

Not particularly.

Ok guys. Hercules off the site and we will wait for the top caps to come but tomorrow im also going to do a video from a production run using the washer. I will properly show you how to get it up and running.

I honestly don't understand how I could be messing up the loading process. I've tried placing my oil on top of the coil, melted into the coil, and old tank which doesn't fit. There's no way I didn't give it enough heat because the thing gets scalding hot. Also, do we have confirmation that the old tanks do in fact fit in the new SR-71's because as I mentioned, mine didn't even come remotely close to fitting the chamber.

Last edited:
kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Adjust this piece in the mouth piece out a bit so there is about 1mm gap when the mouth piece is screwed in. This completes the seal and makes the air go through the hercules.

druminfected

Sounds good! going to give it a rest for now since I can't get any vape production from my replacement. I looked over the instructions over and over for anything i missed and don't see anything and it does get hot as well. only 18350 batteries I have are 4 trustfire batteries i bought from d9v awhile ago, but just got some AW IMR ones, so hopefully maybe that might make a difference.

druminfected,

OF

actually having trouble getting my replacement to work as well :/ I've spent all day on this and finally at this point and haven't seen any vape except one lil puff so far. Trying to see what the issue could be. I don't think my rod got pushed in all the way but with the pics i posted it looks like it's possible..no?

Thanks for the photos, Drum. Yes, it looks to me like the well in the base pin is plenty deep, able to accept the rod deeper than necessary to completely contact the metal ring. I don't know if it's possible for the pin to sit high enough to touch the collet but I'm thinking what's happening to guys is the rod sticks out a bit further than it's supposed to, exposing the second metal ring a bit, whether by error in assembly or because the rod isn't tightly enough gripped and gets pushed deeper (like when the poster above pushed his can in)? Then the metal of the second ring bridges the gap between the base pin and the collet blowing the top???

Given that SS 'grows' with heat 3 or 4 times faster than ceramics the hole in the collet is getting bigger than that rod as it heats.....and it heats a lot. It might not be slipping until hot?

I'm wondering if something mechanical that would prevent the rod from entering the pin more than the depth of the first ring wouldn't prevent short circuits?

Just guessing, of course. But I too think something is going on here, too many people are doing 'fight with it and cry' rather than 'plug and play'.

OF

PhotoRider

If you threw in 0.8g of oil and got little vape, - is the coil dry now? If so the wax melted into the section you showed pictures of. It isn't lack of heat :) The wax get hots and flows through the holes into the bottom section - at least for me. Then the coil goes dry and no vape. This seems to happen by the first couple vapes.

My rod will not push in on my new one. I believe it gets loose from re-instertions and the retainer opens up. Its long enough and hollow so like OF said, if this happens it can short. However, this shouldn't happen like your picture when assembled. The top can't slide that far down to cause the retainer to move closer since the bottom tube length stops it (assuming you have everything tight).

The point here is this thing is fully field replaceable. As such requires assembly and the mechanical connection needs to be done right.

After I figured it out on the first couple tries I have never shorted it since. Make sure everything is tight especially the rod and rod's bottom retainer/screw.

So the batteries dropping, then the top blows... This is what happened to by single top I sent in for repair. Same thing. I was wondering why the spring collapsed, then when inspected it was fine. Duh, short - high current = heat = spring collapse. Duh again. Good to know the first symptom

EDIT: - yes the rod can slip either way - most likely into the top, not into the retainer - well unless you are using a tank to push it down. Most likely the rod slips into the top on assembly as you put the bottom on.

PhotoRider,

druminfected

Thanks for the photos, Drum. Yes, it looks to me like the well in the base pin is plenty deep, able to accept the rod deeper than necessary to completely contact the metal ring. I don't know if it's possible for the pin to sit high enough to touch the collet but I'm thinking what's happening to guys is the rod sticks out a bit further than it's supposed to, exposing the second metal ring a bit, whether by error in assembly or because the rod isn't tightly enough gripped and gets pushed deeper (like when the poster above pushed his can in)? Then the metal of the second ring bridges the gap between the base pin and the collet blowing the top???

Given that SS 'grows' with heat 3 or 4 times faster than ceramics the hole in the collet is getting bigger than that rod as it heats.....and it heats a lot. It might not be slipping until hot?

I'm wondering if something mechanical that would prevent the rod from entering the pin more than the depth of the first ring wouldn't prevent short circuits?

Just guessing, of course. But I too think something is going on here, too many people are doing 'fight with it and cry' rather than 'plug and play'.

OF

No problem buddy, I pounce at opportunities to repay the help and knowledge you've gave me in the past so anytime you need help you know i'm here! :)

I hate not fixing a problem before going to bed though, so i'm goin to try one more thing before I go to bed. I'm going to try the 3.7 rod and see if I get any vape production that way. If I do then I think i know that the batteries are the culprit. I'm not sure how to test or know if batteries ever go wonky, but with these trustfire batteries do weird things, like auto shutoff on me and I'll press the button and nothing will happen. Then if I tap the bottom of it with my thumb, or set on the table, I see the blue light flash on and off and then it works for a few more times.

All I have is a multimeter, and at this moment all the batteries are around 3.90v average. one time when i tested a battery it just said 1 on the multimeter, and i kept reconnecting the plus and neg needles to the battery and the same thing would come up a few times and then finally it went to 3.89v

I really hope these old trustfire batteries are the issue, because I know one thing for sure the hercules gets pretty hot when using the 7.4v, but instead of vape I got hot air. Well here it goes, time to switch to 3.7v and see how it works out, since i have a lot of 3.7v batteries.

Super tired so I'll just try that tomorrow and maybe see something on here. Only thing i can do is try the 3.7v rod until my AW IMR batteries come, plus goin to charge those trustfire 18350's and see if anything happens with those tomorrow. if not, I think i'm goin to discontinue using those.

Last edited:
druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Actually it does not slip when it gets hot. Its an air flow issue and will be totally fixed with the Perm washer top.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kevin

Actually it does not slip when it gets hot. Its an air flow issue and will be totally fixed with the Perm washer top.
Thanks G
What about the oil melting into the lower unit, it looks like though the air holes in the one video? I get the massive hits when washer is placed correcty, which is very easy to do, but about 15% of my oil ends up in the lower section. When you make your video would you mind opening up the lower section after you vape a while to see if its leaking? TIA!
Thanks
Kevin

Edit: I'm in Germany right now so there maybe a little delay answering questions. Good thing I brought alot of meds cause Herc is thristy!

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks G
What about the oil melting into the lower unit, it looks like though the air holes in the one video? I get the massive hits when washer is place correcty but about 15% ends up in the lower section.
Thanks
Kevin

To fix this one needs to cool it down faster and when placing it down while its warm it needs to be on its side with the herc side slightly higher then the battery so the oil collects to the side of the coil and gets absorbed.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: PhotoRider

PhotoRider

To fix this one needs to cool it down faster and when placing it down while its warm it needs to be on its side with the herc side slightly higher then the battery so the oil collects to the side of the coil and gets absorbed.
So too much heat in use and sitting stiaght up cooling. OK. I will try that :)

I took the coil out, threw in some herb. then dripped in some oil from a needle (0.25g) and vaped away fine for a while until the flower started to go.

kevin

Thanks G
I'll try and cool it down faster but its hard to keep drawing air when your lungs are full! lol I'll try laying it on its side w/battery up between hits, haven't tried that, I have solid waxes and its melting though, man when you use PG or Co2 oils this is really going to be a tricky.

Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Actually no I have done 3-5 grams of gold through it and not one drop in the catch reservoir. Plus with the added AAF washer it all gets fixed.

When your inhaling and tilt the unit so the oil will collect on the corner of the top section. When you exhale just keep inhaling until no visible vapor this will take a few hits as the to residual heat still vaporizes.

2 main reasons it leaks.

Airflow is off and it's getting warm without inhaling and or not proper cool down.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: tsc.v8

Darb

Has anybody had success with their herc that isn't using that airflow washer?

Darb,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Has anybody had success with their herc that isn't using that airflow washer?
I use my HERCULES SR71 for HASH and POLLEN PELLETS.
Haven't tried WAX yet.

The HERCULES is my HASH MACHINE
The 2.4 carts are my WAX DEVICES

If I use it this way I have no failure.

I like the air flow so far this thing works well in my case.

ataxian,

bruno13

insomniac
Guys you dont have to tell me twice. You wanted the best of the best of the best well im gonna give it to you, but before you get it, your gonna sign a waiver. Because what we will do is offer anyone who wants to go balls to the wall performance with no limitations.

The Persei tops will be offered in the SS versions as well. This means no circuit boards, no lights, no nothing to hold you back, and nothing to save your face if you decide to fuck things up. We are serious about the waiver. We will not be responsible for you running a 1 ohm load on 7.4v by accident or for it to burn a hole in your pocket if for some reason it was activated.

Thanks, I am ready. Where do I sign? Should I send my current (limited) top back?

bruno13,

Souljah

How would i go about fixing or replacing my fried top? I have had it for like 4 months so i think its a new one? Also curious as to how and when the washer replacements are going come about. Thanks!

Souljah,
Reactions: Vortex

tharealmclovin

How are you guys loading .5 in the coil. I bet I will only be able to load like .3 max Unless I'm missing something.

tharealmclovin,
Top Bottom