Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

outletboy

thanks for clearing things up a little , sounds like i might be ordering one soon to join my vape collection. I actually meant the 3.7 herb hercules b/c i dont have a reliable source for wax :/.
btw i have an ecig 510 that can range from 3.0 to 6.0 volts with a gentlemans vape 510 to 601 converter, will the hercules cart work for it?

outletboy,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
quote="PhotoRider, post: 398508, member: 13939"]Yes waiting for the Herc 7.4V also..
Got a HVD - its in the pic - center behind the empty hole.

Where is the best place to put the attachment to the bike?[/quote]

Center of the triple tree with a long hose with the remote power button on the left grip. That's the ticket

OF

btw i have an ecig 510 that can range from 3.0 to 6.0 volts with a gentlemans vape 510 to 601 converter, will the hercules cart work for it?

No, sorry, not even close. Hercules will be seen as a shorted cart and locked out. It needs serious power, way past what gentleman's and other modified e-cigs are ready for.

Understand I don't have a 3.7 Volt Hercules to try it but I'm guessing it at about 20 Watts, your unit is probably power limited at about 10 (all mine are)....even if you could get past to 'lo Ohms' block. The maximum power issues stops these guys about 4.1 Volts (no matter what you ask for) with the lowest resistance loads they'll take, 1.5 Ohms typically. This is a common mode for Revolution/DART owners. You can only get to 6 Volts with resistance above 3.6 Ohms or so (2.4 Ohm carts stall it out too).

Center of the triple tree with a long hose with the remote power button on the left grip. That's the ticket

You're thinking small. Build in a PA, put the unit in a box with a forward facing ram air scoop, put a dump gate or two on the box to regulate the feed and throttle the hose with a proportional valve. Who wants to suck if you don't have to?

Of course it won't be truly complete until we get the thought control Bluetooth interface going.... You can then think 'hit me' and similar to start, 'more, more, more' to increase vapor flow. 'Oh, wow' would hold that setting. 'Holy shit!' could end the session....'where'd the cop come from?' would automatically rotate the vape around to look like a horn.....complete with beep. Needs to have lots of chrome, of course.

Great market, I bet. Where's Pipes?

OF

PhotoRider

You're thinking small. Build in a PA, put the unit in a box with a forward facing ram air scoop, put a dump gate or two on the box to regulate the feed and throttle the hose with a proportional valve. Who wants to suck if you don't have to?

Of course it won't be truly complete until we get the thought control Bluetooth interface going.... You can then think 'hit me' and similar to start, 'more, more, more' to increase vapor flow. 'Oh, wow' would hold that setting. 'Holy shit!' could end the session....'where'd the cop come from?' would automatically rotate the vape around to look like a horn.....complete with beep. Needs to have lots of chrome, of course.

Great market, I bet. Where's Pipes?

OF

Yes I was small (my ex's term for being medicated - Steve Martin style). I like the idea. Maybe a super charger to help and tap off the exhaust for power.

Personally I would be very careful using a VMOD. I have two and both are limited to 1.2 ohms min, but I can get around that.. It seems to only check when you hit the power initially on both (diff brands). I have a cart that is typically 1.2-1.3 ohms. When it heats up it drops to 1.1. What I do is unthread it, power up and reinstall. However, I only do this on an item I care leass about because its risky.

The VMOD as OF informed me (and he is correct) is a PWM (pulse width modulated) type of supply with voltage multiplication. That means there is electronics in between the battery and the load. The Delta9 Persei is pure mechanical - i.e. a switch only. At first I thought less of that, but I was wrong. The mechanical nature of the design allows it to deliver more power with much less loss. Lets face it, the electronics is a risk. If it fails it will take out the load - perhaps. I through a scope on mine and saw some wild waveforms under load with voltage spikes. The are designed very cheaply with cheap components.

The best VMOD I have is 15W per spec but I don't believe it. 15W through the design would break it or it would crowbar when used heavily. The Persei just keeps humming away. The battery will fail before it does.

The Hammer and Hercules are power machines and are a perfect match for the Persei (I wouldn't be surprised if its intended use was the hammer/hercules line more so that the Omicron cart, but that pure speculation on my part).

What is a Lotus?

PhotoRider

alright so an omicron with hercules it is, thanks you hellped save me some time !

Actually, I would suggest a Persei over the Omicron for the Hercules... Keep in mind the Omicron has a timer and shuts down after 10 secs or so, while the Persei is pure mechanical... Also the persei uses the 18650 BIG batteries and can also do 7.4V (think SR-71 Hurc 7.4V :) )

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
sounds good ö . How about the draws, how long does a gram of herb last?
There are way more qualified to respond than I.
I like the effect of the HERCULES.
The PERSEI is so adjustable.
The SS Kit with the SHORTY (3.0V batteries or 3.7's)
The longer tubes with 2 x18350's and it's full throttle.
I like the Mac Giver factor of the PERSEI.
Today I was at the SURF FACTORY and all of the craftsmen use ZIG ZAGS.
Very surprising since these guys are so experienced.
When I pull out a PERSEI their eyes light up.

They call the PERSEI the BENTLEY of CONCENTRATE TOOLS!
Everybody loves it!
BLACK in PUBLIC***
I like CHROME & RED the best.
However BLACK is bad A@@!
Funny how me such a rookie showing these veterans the ropes to vaping!

A cheap E-CIGARETTE is JERRY SPRINGER Style!
I have some however I don't want to be seen in public with one.
In private I'm sporting a RED and CHROME set up with 7.4Volts and a 5.0 cart.
My SHORTY is BLACK with a CHROME HEAD 18350 with a CARTOMIZER with PURE GOLD.

Don't get me wrong I love flowers and the FLAVOR of well grown CANNABIS in a BENDER is pretty DIVINE!

The learning curve is present however plenty of experts to learn from.

I'm a consumer not a spend thrift.
I can only imagine the yield to be improved with the HERCULES SR-71 (V2).

Enjoy your time on this planet to its fullest.

Tebo

Hi I've had my Persei for a year, I stopped using cause the carts are so hard to function properly. Anyone got any good tips to make them work, or know if the new Hercules is going for pre order? I'd like to use the persei instead of having it in the shelf, but cant risk it with carts cus they die and waste grams

Tebo,

OF

Hi I've had my Persei for a year, I stopped using cause the carts are so hard to function properly. Anyone got any good tips to make them work, or know if the new Hercules is going for pre order? I'd like to use the persei instead of having it in the shelf, but cant risk it with carts cus they die and waste grams

I suspect you're not following the usual newbie advice? Stick with 2.4 Ohm carts until you've mastered them. Pay strict attention to preheating in loading. Load only half a gram at most to start. Never dry burn. Favor lighter colored concentrates that pass the foil test. Cool down the cart carefully after a hard run.

That kind of stuff?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

What can i help you with.'

Guys also check out the Omicron Thread OF is testing out the 1701

Tebo

I suspect you're not following the usual newbie advice? Stick with 2.4 Ohm carts until you've mastered them. Pay strict attention to preheating in loading. Load only half a gram at most to start. Never dry burn. Favor lighter colored concentrates that pass the foil test. Cool down the cart carefully after a hard run.

That kind of stuff?

OF

My budders are not poopy, it leaves no residue.

I have a hard time getting the budder into the carts without burning it, but I do a pretty good job, this is not a hard task but if something goes wrong with the cart, it's impossible to get out IMO - I'll get back to that.

I have to get the budder farther into my cart than I've seen on youtube videos how to do it. Before it starts to work. On all versions of the carts ohms. When it worked good it worked great, but doesn't work great for longer than an hour, always constant fiddling to keep it working up to par. I always gotta get the oil low enough to work that it usually gets jammed in the air hole.

Pre heating to get it going all the time is annoying, and that's usually when my coils die within 3 days they've never lasted longer unless I'm not using them much, and I am never able to get more than maybe a couple drops of oil back out. I know ppl who use these carts and they claim it lasts a long time and they can hit them hard consistently without it leaking out (unlike me, if I have a consistant session but wait 30 seconds between puffs, whiling taking puffs how it recommends ---- this only happened to me when sharing with a friend, couple times.. makes me think you gotta be delicate puffing it 'proper')

Bottom line I'm just not down with the carto's, I'm not down to keep fiddling with them and losing oil (it's too risky to keep going til I get the hang of it). I have been trying to get a Hercules for awhile but my go-to site was always sold out, and delta9 never had them listed for awhile, I just recently found out Hercules is being re designed.

I'm definitely interested in the Hercules because if something goes wrong it looks easy to get your oil out, and a lot more simple to use. I've used 1 1.5, and about 3 2.4 and 2 5.0 cartos. I like that Hercules lasts forever besides the little pieces you replace

Tebo,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
WOW!
One year and you stopped?
I have had a different experience.
In the beginning I screwed up and loaded the wrong oil in the wrong cart with the improper batteries.
Ready to quit the whole PERSEI concept until "OF" The "Vapor EVANGELIST" converted me of my foolish ways!

My PERSEI set ups are well built and powerful.

I use mostly 2.4 cARTS AND A 18650 Battery with no issues.
Currently I have a 5.0 cart with some SHATTER and 2 x18350's. Works amazing.
One of my daily drivers is a 2.5 CARTOMIZER filled with PURE GOLD. (SHORTY)
This prevents my THC levels from becoming dangerously low.
I like FLOWERS however CONCENTRATES are very good medicine.
This is were I believe the PERSEI shines!
I have a few ways to vape flowers however the BENDER will medicate with flavor galore.
You need a PERSEI to enjoy all the FUN.

OK my tolerances have increased.
The HERCULES V1 kicks my A@@!
SR-71 (V2) is going to be one BAZOOKA of PERSEI Attachments.
The POLLEN PELLETS I make for the HERCULES are made with all my failures however I salvage all of it because I'm a cheap idiot!
Glad to have the HERCULES save me from my ignorance!

Take your unit and wipe off the dust and get back on her and ride!
Start with 2.4 carts and a single AW IMR 18650.
Pure BLONDE well purged concentrates.
Stay away from low income hacker dirty concentrates full of plant material. (just saying)
Budders and Taffy's haven't worked for me.
Honey comb, Brittle, Shatters seem to give less trouble.

Now the HERCULES I've loaded some poor quality and got my A@@ kicked in a medicated way!

TIME for FUTURAMA!

OF

I have a hard time getting the budder into the carts without burning it, but I do a pretty good job, this is not a hard task but if something goes wrong with the cart, it's impossible to get out IMO - I'll get back to that.

I have to get the budder farther into my cart than I've seen on youtube videos how to do it. Before it starts to work. On all versions of the carts ohms. When it worked good it worked great, but doesn't work great for longer than an hour, always constant fiddling to keep it working up to par. I always gotta get the oil low enough to work that it usually gets jammed in the air hole.

Pre heating to get it going all the time is annoying, and that's usually when my coils die within 3 days they've never lasted longer unless I'm not using them much, and I am never able to get more than maybe a couple drops of oil back out.

That sure sounds like your root problem to me. It has to be loaded right if you're going to get good results and normal lifespan from the cart. Preheating is a symptom of something wrong, not something to be worked around.

Dry burns are killing the cart and concentrate I bet. Running the heater without concentrate making vapor (cooling it) is wrong.....and to be avoided.

I bet if you tried a different concentrate (or a different finish on your current one) things would be radically improved. Good for dabbing doesn't mean good for the wicks in the cart to feed. Hercules might improve things, but if your concentrate isn't passing the foil test (including the melting quickly and flowing freely part) I bet you'll still have problems. It has to melt and flow to feed.

Do you have other concentrates to try?

TIME for FUTURAMA!

You know you look really different without makeup, don't you?

OF

PhotoRider

That sure sounds like your root problem to me. It has to be loaded right if you're going to get good results and normal lifespan from the cart. Preheating is a symptom of something wrong, not something to be worked around.

Dry burns are killing the cart and concentrate I bet. Running the heater without concentrate making vapor (cooling it) is wrong.....and to be avoided.

I bet if you tried a different concentrate (or a different finish on your current one) things would be radically improved. Good for dabbing doesn't mean good for the wicks in the cart to feed. Hercules might improve things, but if your concentrate isn't passing the foil test (including the melting quickly and flowing freely part) I bet you'll still have problems. It has to melt and flow to feed.

Do you have other concentrates to try?

You know you look really different without makeup, don't you?

OF

I 100% second this advice. I in the beginning had similar issues. Never blew a cart though. Just had to retorch it often to drop it down and they only worked a short while. My mistake was not trying a variety of BHO in small quanities in a controlled manner until I found what to look for i.e. at 1st I loaded 4 carts completely. Ugh... The wax and the cart's didn't get along. After that I tried a variety, but one at a time with smaller loads until I learned the correct ones. Now my 2.4ohm preforms very well. The 5 ohm I'm still learning. Actually the 2.4 is good enough for me so the 5 ohm learning curve is mostly on hold. For me the issue is taste. The 5 ohm can burn the wax much quicker and as I use it I get sloppier...

To get the wax back I use a glass dish in the oven at low temp with the cart upside down or a centrifuge with hot air from a heat gun - that works real well :) I also soak in grain alcohol. I save that and use over and over. Then evap of the alcohol in the oven and you got wax again and if you filter it with a fine filter - cleaner wax :) or you can drink it :D

exit

Can't stress enough how the carts need good oil in them. You put in GOOD quality concentrates, you get carts that go and go and put you on your ass. They really are sensitive to the quality of what you put in though.

Tebo

Can't stress enough how the carts need good oil in them. You put in GOOD quality concentrates, you get carts that go and go and put you on your ass. They really are sensitive to the quality of what you put in though.

[video]
[/video]

Does budder like this not work well in the carts in general? Because I like budder more than honey/blond oil, I have had ppl I know with omicrons an persei's use budder with no issues, the same budder I've used, so I've never considered budder to be the issue.

If you guys think it's the budder making it not work I am on the fence about that, considering ppl I know have had it work. But I guess the money making question is.. will budder work fine in the new Hercules?

Tebo,
Reactions: ataxian

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
[video]
[/video]

Does budder like this not work well in the carts in general? Because I like budder more than honey/blond oil, I have had ppl I know with omicrons an persei's use budder with no issues, the same budder I've used, so I've never considered budder to be the issue.

If you guys think it's the budder making it not work I am on the fence about that, considering ppl I know have had it work. But I guess the money making question is.. will budder work fine in the new Hercules?

IMO budders are the best to use in these carts. Stable at room temperature but melts easy, and if they're clean (no particulates) you should be having the least trouble with that consistency.

Chances are its all in your fill. For an easier experience use a blow dryer or heat gun instead. Takes longer but the patience pays off in a perfectly filled cart you're hard-pressed to ruin if you're running it right. Its really easy to get these overheated with a torch lighter or even a regular when you don't have someone physically showing you the ropes. When you start to get a feel for the heat required you can get great results using Torch Lighters or Bics, but if you want fool-proof break out the wife's Conair.

1)Set your cart on a surface, or in a drilled block like most of our handymen here have done, set your wax in a fill-tool on top of your cart, and watch the gentle heat slide your wax down.
2)The trick here is, after the wax is in cart and out fill tool, to then keep your fingers around the bottom third of the cart; mostly to feel the hot wax slide in to that portion, but also to see if you might be getting the metal too hot to touch (this is bad).
3) Once you feel wax slide down, go at it for a little while longer to make sure it fills on all sides (you've been rotating your cart, after all), then try and prime.

2.4ohm prime at 4 second holds with 10-15 seconds rests in between for about five sets. Then draw geeeently. If you're not producing, prime a couple more times and try again.

With 1.5ohms, for fear of dry burning if wax hasn't reached the bottom, I pulse for one second with 5 second rests in between for 6 sets.

I don't touch 5ohms anymore, so someone else'll have to chime in there.

Good luck.

I asked a question on page 415 in regard to this post.
I like the name oil coils.

The redesign on the Hercules makes it a better attachment, but still can not break the laws of physics. You can only run Oils and extracts in the 7.4v version, you would need to increase the voltage of the 3.7v to 5v+ to even think about doing any type of extracts even in the new ones.

The Core how ever will allow this to happen on the 3.7v Herc

My question was
I just ordered the Persei with the Hercules from Delta9. What is the Core? Do I need that for pure water extracts?

Can I have some clarification please?

KnutAnkhAmon,

Bugsy

VapeHare
Guys all issues fixed with Hercules. No more going through carts. Now you'll just go through oil.

The Hercules provides a cleaner vapor and its simple to use.

Total user serviceable.

No wires
No solder
No heating wires
1 year warranty.

Does this mean all the new parts are ready to go?

Bugsy,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't touch 5ohms anymore, so someone else'll have to chime in there.
Good luck.
You gave me a opening:

I'm on the flip side of Atomsk.
Never experienced the 1.5 carts.

I use the 2.4's the most.

In fact I have a unused 5 pack of 2.4's because I'm playing with the 5.0's I had from my 2 PERSEI kits.
The 2.4's I will load with some BRITTLE (BLONDE) very tasty and I can use during the day time.
I normally use a BLONDE BRITTLE or HONEY COMB (TOP SHELF).
The bargain waxes don't work in my case.
I read about guys in to water pipes using TITANIUM NAILS and SHATTERS so I wanted to try some.
I purchased a NAIL with the glass dome and made a set up.
0.15 grams of SHATTER disappeared with my first attempt.
So I asked a member who knew a lot about carts what is the best way to handle my material.
"For SHATTER you need power"!
So I loaded a 5.0 cart with 0.6 grams SHATTER with 2 x AW 18350's and it was smooth sailing!
I never though I would need these carts?
With SHATTER the 5.0 carts will put me in a self induced coma. ( not during the day for me).

Now the HERCULES SR-71 is going to be user friendly.
I load all my failures in the V1 before bed and I don't count sheep.
What I like about the HERCULES is the concentrate are not as critical as the carts.

I have 2 so I can't load WAX in one and POLLEN PELLETS or HASH in the other.

FLOWERS for the BENDER when I relax in my back yard.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I asked a question on page 415 in regard to this post.

My question was: "What is the Core and do I need it to use water extracts with my Hercules?"

Can I have some clarification please?

The Core is a pass through (it hasn't been released yet) that will allow the user to plug the Persei into an outlet so that it can be used at various voltages, used while charging, etc. No, you don't need one in order to use water extracts, just the Hercules.

PhotoRider

The Core is a pass through (it hasn't been released yet) that will allow the user to plug the Persei into an outlet so that it can be used at various voltages, used while charging, etc. No, you don't need one in order to use water extracts, just the Hercules.

So what is the Lotus? :)

PhotoRider,
Top Bottom