Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bassnectar403

Cool bra IM gonna spend the rest of my afternoon scrolling through the pages of your posts so hopefully I can find that technique.......................................................................................

Bassnectar403,

tharealmclovin

Have fun. Maybe if you were not so abrasive I would have told you. Hell, someone wise would have chimed in too. But who wants to help bitter people???

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

My question is
1. Do i keep the lid on the oil tank when in the hercules

The short answer is it's intended to be left on. However some folks claim better results without it.

Due to all the other issues (now reduced to leaks at the base AFAIK) no real consensus was ever reached on this and similar topics. Too many other problems IMO. That will change, hopefully, now that the package problems are being fixed.

The theory, as I understand, is for the goods to be melted into the sintered metal in the bottom of the cart, held in the pores something like the Revolution/DART does. The central heater then heats the lot to working temperature, given the large surface area and large volume of oil possible, LOTS of vapor happens when enough heat finally builds up. In fact at one point G was talking about making carts with different mesh sintered metal (different size pores) for different thicknesses of concentrates. The design makes it kinda slow to start up (lots of mass to heat) but a true monster when on the roll (once started you'd best be ready.....).

So try it both ways, use whichever you think works best.

OF

Bassnectar403

I wasn't really bad mouthing the product when I said exactly the same thing you did, albeit less polite...

I will probably be selling the herc and going back to cartridges it seems thanks for your help. I had a dream of Volcano tasting rips out of the Hercules and obviously this is never going to happen with the wick. its a good product but I would much rather just smoke a joint than receive a metal taste with my flower.

I guess I am a little bitter because I thought it would work a little bit better maybe the next version?

tharealmclovin said:
I have both. The bender is still one of the best tasting vapes when used correctly. With the 7.4 volt herc I burnt the herb too much, so I just use that one for oil now. The 3.7v herc when used properly gives me bender quality hits for the first couple but then goes to that familiar burnt popcorn taste.

And so much thanks to OF for actually answering my question. will see If I can get a large enough dose out of a fresh pair of batteries to make a decision if it stays in the collection or not!

Bassnectar403,
Reactions: OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Thanks for the derail Bassnectar, it's always nice when someone new comes in all hot and bothered. It isn't often we have to repeat information around here.

I seriously doubt Customer Service is something D9 is lacking. Customer competency, sure. As McLovin stated, try contacting the actual company instead of coming to a forum that company's R&D guy frequents. You might find Customer Service better if you, I don't know, contact them?

Any who:
Anyone else have their tolerance skyrocket with the Persei?

Had the thing for a month now and while I'm getting better hits than when I started, I am not noticing much effect. Maybe having oil in your system every day for a month diminishes the fire? Kind of disappointed in myself as I've known dudes who can dab daily and still be ridiculously high.

Maybe I should blame Customer Service...

Bassnectar403

you should blame your supplier, Just like I did.

like I said will see on a fresh pair of batteries if I can get the dose I really need after dealing with you 'helpful' people.

still waiting for an answer if the Ceramic is medical grade or not or if were the first test subjects, as the weed rubs the ceramic some of its gonna end in our lungs. it doesn't seem safe to me to use this for Flowers at all :S

Bassnectar403,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
like I said will see on a fresh pair of batteries if I can get the dose I really need after dealing with you 'helpful' people.

You ever go to a family party and there's just one kid ruining everything for everyone, being obnoxious and self-centered, impatient. The kind of kid that makes you feel embarrassed for the parents. Then that kid walks up to you and says, "Gimme a juice box." 'Cause he's too short to reach up on the table.

Yeah, I've got no time for brats, you'll have to find a stool or a stooge who will tolerate it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Had the thing for a month now and while I'm getting better hits than when I started, I am not noticing much effect. Maybe having oil in your system every day for a month diminishes the fire? Kind of disappointed in myself as I've known dudes who can dab daily and still be ridiculously high.
I started out hating my PERSEI however now I can't live with out it.
I'm sure you have TOP SHELF Medicine down in SD.
The GIRL SCOUT COOKIES or LOUIS XIII Brittle will absolutely ruin you and drop you to your knees after a few rips with a 2.4 cart and a 18650 or even a SHORTY with a 18350. The 5.0 cart with 2 x 18350's will put me in a COMA!
Maybe I'm a light weight?
This PERSEI gets me heavily Medicated!

ataxian,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys the reason Iris V2 isnt coming out yet is because we are trying to get you the colors so it can match, this takes a little more time as the outside shell is lets say not able to handle all the features we want on the Iris at the moment so we are trying to figure out how to pack it all in.

Bassnectar, please either contact support if you have questions or you can pm me. That is why im here. I dont get to read all the messages but i do respond to all my pm's

darkrom

Great Scott!
Any tips on 3.7 herc with flowers? Is it fair to say this is not a hard hitting flower vape and is roughly on the level of thermovape evolution?

I am getting less vapor than I'd like and I'm trying to figure out how much of it is technique etc. I'm already assuming if I used 2 3.7v 18350s with this herc I'd kill it so I'm just using the 1 trustfire 3.7 18650.

darkrom,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Any tips on 3.7 herc with flowers? Is it fair to say this is not a hard hitting flower vape and is roughly on the level of thermovape evolution?

I am getting less vapor than I'd like and I'm trying to figure out how much of it is technique etc. I'm already assuming if I used 2 3.7v 18350s with this herc I'd kill it so I'm just using the 1 trustfire 3.7 18650.
I would go with a IMR battery, that is why your not getting good vapor production.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
guys the reason Iris V2 isnt coming out yet is because we are trying to get you the colors so it can match, this takes a little more time as the outside shell is lets say not able to handle all the features we want on the Iris at the moment so we are trying to figure out how to pack it all in
Will the IRIS V2 be available in RED?

ataxian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm actually not all that thrilled with the flavor of the herc. I kind of view it as a big downgrade from the Bender so far. :/

darkrom,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm actually not all that thrilled with the flavor of the herc. I kind of view it as a big downgrade from the Bender so far. :/
darkroom:
What do you think about my ideal to use the HERCULES for HASH?
BENDER for FLOWERS?

ataxian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Bender is glass on glass. I don't realistically expect the herc to beat it (how could it? Half the voltage and sturdier materials), I just want it to come close. I think the only way to give it a fair chance though would be to use the battery G is suggesting. I'm trying not to jump any guns because I didn't like the bender at first, but now I appreciate it for what it is.

darkrom,

VAPORIZER22

Give Vitolo's shaking technique a try and see if it helps. He is using an Omicron but the technique should carry over to the Persei.

http://s1132.beta.photobucket.com/user/VitoloVaporizes/media/Herc37.mp4.html

Limosnero

I will be happy when there's an option to not charge batteries all the time...ETA on the core?

Limosnero,

OF

I will be happy when there's an option to not charge batteries all the time...ETA on the core?
Eta on updated herc heater core ?

This seems to be a very popular question... Mid month was the last estimate I heard for Beta test parts. My guess is production units will follow that by a few weeks (at least) if no problems come up. So, with luck, we'll be getting them before taxes are due?

IMO it's not in our interest to have it rushed.

OF

Top Bottom