Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

At the risk of repeating myself, the formula that almost always gives good results to owners, and surely much better for new owners than five Ohm carts no matter, is to use 2.4 Ohm carts and not to do dry burns.

For every 'I did dry burns and had no troubles' there are lots of others who did. Most of us 'old hands' tried it, I bet you can count on one hand the number that still do?

2.4 Ohm carts are the call. Starting with fives or doing dry burns before you're experienced is, I think, courting problems like bad taste. Doing both nearly guaranties it. Try some 2.4s without dry burns and see? We're not all crazy or tasteless.

OF

GR

OF I did my best at a disclaimer for pre oxidizing . However I have never seen another way posted to get rid of the residue that was in the old carts which I am certain are still circulating out there, I myself got some 2.4ohm from PV last month that produced very visible vapor with a pre ox, there is also a very definite flavor from these carts when dry hitting them, pre oxidizing does get rid of the taste and hopefully most the residue. When this was a common issue back when I was about to cease all use of the carts but G was on top of it and the carts started coming clean, this made me very happy. What does make me unhappy is the lack of info that I ever saw as to the What it was that was in those carts.

So while pre oxidizing may be risky to the $12 cart when done incorrectly it is a step to protect myself which I value slightly higher then $12.

OF

However I have never seen another way posted to get rid of the residue that was in the old carts which I am certain are still circulating out there, I myself got some 2.4ohm from PV last month that produced very visible vapor with a pre ox, there is also a very definite flavor from these carts when dry hitting them, pre oxidizing does get rid of the taste and hopefully most the residue.

I understand your concern, but don't think anyone has gotten 'an old dirty cart' from PV in a very long time. I believe this was all put to bed before the red 'it's hot' warning appeared? For sure G told us long ago the factory process had been modified to properly oxidize the heaters (there are two, I'd think the inner one a bigger potential for problems?) and improve the cleaning. I think that's largely happened, for sure the carts guys are getting in kits (those under discussion above) are the very latest.

Any improvement you're seeing is a result of dry burns not any oxidizing effort I think, FWIW.

I tend to play percentages in this sort of stuff. Propose the solutions most often found effective in the past when that information is available. Yes, sometimes there are exceptions. The 'shotgun' doesn't always work but over all very few don't get their issues solved 'following the smart money'. If you say you're an exception there, I've no reason to doubt that. I'm glad you've found a technique you like.....based on your experiences?

For new owners, especially ones who jump in the deep end with Persei, I think the advice I offer is the most likely to contain good results. It's a simple system, but skill and understanding is needed if you want to get the most out of it. To me, that starts with getting it going and using it as it happens. Starting simple and mastering it before demanding it perform as you think it should is going to work better for more people faster I think. There comes a time when trying to ride a bike gets you further than reading more, daydreaming about how it will be or discussing it with your friends.

OF

exit

Sorry to start a war over oxidization but some good knowledge in here! My Persei showed up in the mail this morning, just gotta wait for my PV carts to show up :D

exit,

GR

I understand your concern, but don't think anyone has gotten 'an old dirty cart' from PV in a very long time. I believe this was all put to bed before the red 'it's hot' warning appeared? For sure G told us long ago the factory process had been modified to properly oxidize the heaters (there are two, I'd think the inner one a bigger potential for problems?) and improve the cleaning. I think that's largely happened, for sure the carts guys are getting in kits (those under discussion above) are the very latest.

Any improvement you're seeing is a result of dry burns not any oxidizing effort I think, FWIW.

OF

OF I again respect your point of view and it is one that is best for the masses but you seem to fail to see that yes people are still getting old carts. Many buy their stuff from head shops or places where stock does not turn over much. My order from planet vape was placed at the end of January and that was when I got some 2.4 ohm carts from them that still had the "oil" residue in them, so yes as of January PV is still shipping some old stock carts. People are still buying from sources that you can not say with certainty do not have carts from pre washing days in them or buying carts from vendors that still have old stock. These carts are what is being discussed.

If I buy from d9, which is tough since you have to be there to sign for package, I do not need to do a dry burn or pre oxidize or what ever term it wants to be called to get rid of nasty foreign residue. I do however check ever cart with a non heat pre draw to check since I do not trust anyone else to quality control for me, if cart is not clean it is very obvious to me.

I have often watched members here brush off people who mention this off flavor and also mention they did not buy from D9 as they did something wrong. The glaring obvious is they got one of these old carts and are being told it is their fault, this is not a comfortable thing for a new user and they are often chased away from these threads. So if you don't mind I will try and take of them and you can take care of the masses that can't follow directions. Sorry that came out wrong, you helped me get this product working like a fine instrument as well as countless others but I am not looking at the masses to sell a product I am looking at the few that are having bad experiences with a known problem. Btw I do not do a burn off or a pre oxidize on any product received from D9 unless a dry pull tells me I need to which is rare but still happens. My oils are purely about taste, if they where on the market in CA they would be $75g and that would be bare bone price, they are made from all buds and technique is such to refine it for flavor which has a by product of not being as pure as it could be made, I will toss a 1/2g without thought if the flavor is tainted by a cart. Others may not be as fortunate as me, the oil that is put in a cart is not something to be thrown away, reclaim damages the oil no matter how gentle you are doing it and whatever tainted it is mixed with it. I ask you OF to think about this before condemning how I do things or advise people how to handle a know issue, even if it is an issue that is mostly resolved.

Sorry to start a war over oxidization but some good knowledge in here! My Persei showed up in the mail this morning, just gotta wait for my PV carts to show up :D

Don't be sorry. Not a war, just a difference in how to do things. OF is far more knowledgable in these things then I will ever be, if I was a betting man I would bet on OF 99% of the time.

OF

I have often watched members here brush off people who mention this off flavor and also mention they did not buy from D9 as they did something wrong. The glaring obvious is they got one of these old carts and are being told it is their fault, this is not a comfortable thing for a new user and they are often chased away from these threads. So if you don't mind I will try and take of them and you can take care of the masses that can't follow directions.

I get it that antique carts are possible any number of ways. I also think they're increasingly uncommon. I therefore think that unless a guy's only problem is bad taste and he's 'pre oxidizing' (and often excessively so) the best thing to do is get it working right then attack the taste issue if it still remains (which it typically doesn't). Again, if taste is the only issue, other suggestions are probably more useful.

I don't think anyone is "brushed off" really. Yes, I tend to be pretty assertive but I try to never dismiss anyone or their problem and don't believe I see that in others. I sure hope we're not chasing anyone away, by all means do try to help folks in any way you think useful. Please contribute your knowledge and experience when appropriate. That's what Forum's are for, right?

Back to the OP here. IIRC he was new to the line and trying to use the two 5 Ohm carts that came with it as his first two and not having a lot of luck. Being in a new kit the carts are highly likely to be the latest. Which brings us back to '2.4s straight out of the box, loaded by the book with known good concentrates'......and usually good results you can build on.

Thanks.

OF

GR

I was personally deadly with exit and his or her personal problem.

OF, you are the man, I am glad FC has such a member. I also see many a manufacture take advantage of such an in house vape guru. While I may have experience on my side and a bit of knowledge you do have some very specific knowledge that is helpful to all of us in the vape world, Manufactures included. I personally have always seen your knowledge as privately based to helping us users but I think the lines are blurred between us and the maker of an item since you are some how involved long before us... I joke but the places I look you are a beta tester or have had it before the rest of us ( I would get you a unit as well to test if I had one), in also have seen you hold no punches to any manufacturer.

I think we look at the same product differently OF. I look at it as how I will as a user get the most out of it. You look at different, as far as I can say it is about user friendliness and advice for that, how to get the best bang for your buck opposed to getting the best performance out of the product at hand, longevity for a device that was designed to give you a single fill and be tossed . G has recently said these Carts where made to be disposable, I toss mine after a gram or two at most, your advice keeps Carts going for multiple grams, efficiency over purpose. I knew a carpenter that sharpened his blades for his utility knife, he had sharper blades then the rest of us, I used standard blades and tossed them after a few uses, his blades where sharper but I had more time on my hands buying less sharp blades for pennies on the dollar while he was at the shop sharpening. Theses carts where meant to be filled with a gram and tossed, then we all realized that a gram fucked them up so a 1/2 g is what is advised today.

If FC is for the masses then I am at the wrong place, I want a vape place for the geeks.

OF

I think we look at the same product differently OF. I look at it as how I will as a user get the most out of it. You look at different, as far as I can say it is about user friendliness and advice for that, how to get the best bang for your buck opposed to getting the best performance out of the product at hand, longevity for a device that was designed to give you a single fill and be tossed . G has recently said these Carts where made to be disposable, I toss mine after a gram or two at most, your advice keeps Carts going for multiple grams, efficiency over purpose.

If FC is for the masses then I am at the wrong place, I want a vape place for the geeks.

I guess I'm OK with the first part, I would not use those terms probably. For instance I see it more a matter of telling guys to load half a gram and add when it gets low until they decide to give up on the cart. Different finances and different tastes will dictate when a guy abandons the last .2 grams of oil and buys a new cart. In a better world we'd all get to start each day with a freshly filled new cart I guess. All but the nastiest concentrates seem to make a gram so that guideline also makes sense I guess.

I, generally, like it when the owner makes the calls. I think it's important to provide good information about the options so it's an informed choice, as I'm sure we all do.

The last bit, however, I don't agree with. IMO this is just the place for geeks. I hold myself a proud member of that elite class along with many of the usual suspects. I just see the new guys looking for quick answers as being a whole different breed of cat than old friends who've been contributing to the confusion for a couple hundred posts?

In the end we need all kinds if we're going to have a good parade.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vitolo

GR

I guess I'm OK with the first part, I would not use those terms probably. For instance I see it more a matter of telling guys to load half a gram and add when it gets low until they decide to give up on the cart. Different finances and different tastes will dictate when a guy abandons the last .2 grams of oil and buys a new cart. In a better world we'd all get to start each day with a freshly filled new cart I guess. All but the nastiest concentrates seem to make a gram so that guideline also makes sense I guess.

I, generally, like it when the owner makes the calls. I think it's important to provide good information about the options so it's an informed choice, as I'm sure we all do.

The last bit, however, I don't agree with. IMO this is just the place for geeks. I hold myself a proud member of that elite class along with many of the usual suspects. I just see the new guys looking for quick answers as being a whole different breed of cat than old friends who've been contributing to the confusion for a couple hundred posts?

OF
And this is why I can genuinely say I love you. You have a way of making things better and that is a true art,thank you for being you. Btw what the hell was I talking about? Lol

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

OF
"OF" you are responsible for me loving the PERSEI!
I was so upset when I was going through the learning curve.
Now I love the 2.4 Carts and only use the finest TOP SHELF MEDICINE.

I found a picture that reminds me of you even if I haven't met you in real life!
tumblr_lngin6S4W21qa3ssoo1_500.jpg

mrmojo62

funny, thats how i picture him too!

I found a picture that reminds me of you even if I haven't met you in real life!
tumblr_lngin6S4W21qa3ssoo1_500.jpg
[/quote]

mrmojo62,

Noize23

hi guys,I have a few questions :)

1.)you know when the oil Vesion of Hercules is offered again on the Delta9 page?

2.)wich catrige-battery configuration(persei) give me the most power for thicker Bho oils?

3.)are the 2 included 5 ohm catriges in the persei set only for the 7.4 Volt setup?

thanks for the help

Noize

Noize23,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
hi guys,I have a few questions :)

1.)you know when the oil Vesion of Hercules is offered again on the Delta9 page?

2.)wich catrige-battery configuration(persei) give me the most power for thicker Bho oils?

3.)are the 2 included 5 ohm catriges in the persei set only for the 7.4 Volt setup?

thanks for the help

Noize

1) G and crew are waiting on a new prototype replacement part which is expected March 15th, so the actual re release is probably still a little bit away.

2) 5.0 ohms at 7.4v is the most powerful configuration (at least I believe so, but I could be mistaken), but not necessarily the most desirable for everyone.

3) Yes, 5.0 ohm cart are intended for 7.4v. Maybe even six volts can run them but I haven't tried that myself.

kindbeats,
Reactions: Noize23

OF

2) 5.0 ohms at 7.4v is the most powerful configuration (at least I believe so, but I could be mistaken), but not necessarily the most desirable for everyone.

3) Yes, 5.0 ohm cart are intended for 7.4v. Maybe even six volts can run them but I haven't tried that myself.

While there are more powerful combinations, I agree this is not the solution to thicker concentrates. The basic problem (melting the goods properly to feed in time) won't be helped by the extra power, in fact it'll make it all the harder for new guys to control.....you'll be able to wreck it faster and easier. You can develop enough heat to do shatters well with 2.4s but you need to have the skills to control the heat. Higher power gets you wedged between dry burns in the heater because the feed isn't thawed out and over cooking the oil inside once it gets going because you're pumping so my heat into the first heater.

I had some success with 6.0 Volts with 5 Ohm carts, it puts them a little hotter than 1.5s on 3.7 Volts which in turn are too hot for most uses IMO.

I'd pass I think. What's the old joke about Jaguar gas mileage? "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"? My take is if you truly master the 2.4s you'll know when you've reached their limit.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I had some success with 6.0 Volts with 5 Ohm carts, it puts them a little hotter than 1.5s on 3.7 Volts which in turn are too hot for most uses IMO.

I'd pass I think. What's the old joke about Jaguar gas mileage? "If you have to ask, you can't afford it"? My take is if you truly master the 2.4s you'll know when you've reached their limit.

OF

My DANISH friends had a saying about TEASPOON TECHNOLOGY:

" If one is good two must be better"!

I run some things with a SHORTY from the SS Kit with a:
3-volt_zps65625a19.jpg

Sometimes less power is needed.
Sometimes more just not to much more!
The easiest set up is the AW18650 and a 2.4 cart

My JAG is a V8 so don't ask about me how much gas mileage I get!
vanden-plas_zps34cb19ca.jpg

Persei-Jag_zpsd039b93d.jpg

OF

My DANISH friends had a saying about TEASPOON TECHNOLOGY:

" If one is good two must be better"!

My JAG is a V8 so don't ask about me how much gas mileage I get!

"As we used to say in the Dynamite business, if some's good, more's better....".

My Jag was the 4.2 Liter, always reminded me of the Merlin engine from WWII, in the XJ6 Saloon. Wanna ask if gas mileage got me to switch to a Diesel Rabbit (high forties per gallon)? Well, that and all those little electric motors everywhere. Nice ride, though.

Never got near the XKE I wanted as a kid. Well, I guess I got kinda close.

I was younger then, it was fun, though. Like all the other English cars I've owned though, not the last word in reliable......

OF

OF,
Reactions: Darb

WC1

Hi folks,

Relative newbie with pen vapes, but love my Persei. Two questions:

Any retail outlets for empty carts in San Francisco? Only place I know in bay area is HHC.

What happens if you overfill a cart with oil? I think I did this with one of my carts and it clogs at start of session. Seems to be tougher to unclog over time. Advice?

Thanks for your help!

WC1,
Reactions: OF

OF

Any retail outlets for empty carts in San Francisco? Only place I know in bay area is HHC.

What happens if you overfill a cart with oil? I think I did this with one of my carts and it clogs at start of session. Seems to be tougher to unclog over time. Advice?

Harborside in Oakland and SJ sells 'em. Seven bucks each, last time I got some. Great Dispensary IMO, if you've never visited you might consider it?

Overfilling often leads to leaks. As you've experimentally proven it seems? Once started, stopping leaks is a problem. First thing I'd do is drain the excess, you want to be over .2 but under .5 grams from empty. Save the concentrate (melt it out into a vial or something) to reuse later. Don't overheat it in the process, of course, just barely melted is the goal.

In the future, load half a gram from empty. Keep track of the empty weight and when it gets to .2 grams left add another half. Given good stuff, a cart should go a few grams before fouling and slowing down too much. In the end, carts should be considered expendable. I figure it adds a few dollars to the price of each gram, a necessary expense IMO.

You're welcome, I hope there's some help in there somewhere?

OF

DubCRider

Hi folks,

Relative newbie with pen vapes, but love my Persei. Two questions:

Thanks for your help!

Goodfellas, puff puff pass, Sunshine Coast, pipe dreams, and day dreams all have carts on Haight St. Smoketime on mission has them as well as SPARC.

tharealmclovin

FOr some reason I could not post for over 3 weeks...I am back. Any word on the new Herc Heaters?? Is it still scheduled for testing the 15th???

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: DubCRider

poonman

Hello FC members ,
I'm new to pen vapes , so I'll just ask a few quick questions before I make my purchase .
My online buddy referred me to Persei for doing Budda/wax . I never do oils ....not yet .
Plus there's only one version I have to look at .

1. What other extras should I order as well , to save on another shipping charge ? Batts/ Carts ?
2. Is this vape easy to maintain and clean , can I boil in hot water without damage ?
3. Can my AA/AAA charger work on these batteries ?

tia

k3nd4l

So i've had my peresi for a couple days now. loving it so far. i have 1 cart filled with sour diesel bho oil & another filled w. og kush oil. still waiting on the blue dream.

I already made the mistake of i would guess overfilling? i was with 2 friends and decided to add in the remaining wax i had to the persei cart without paying much attention to how much was already in there. Cart got clogged a couple times so when i took the mouthpiece off to check why it looked as though throughout the session the oil came up the cart and down into the air hole. This was probably the fault of my friend that was pulling way to hard even though i told him not too.

anways I stuck a needle dipped in rubbing alcohol into the air hole and cleared out most of the oil that was in there but i feel like the cart still isnt hitting like my other filled one. any suggestions ? also should i take my lighter to the top of the cart since it seems as though the oil is dried there instead of down in the cart where it should be.

k3nd4l,

k3nd4l

Hello FC members ,
I'm new to pen vapes , so I'll just ask a few quick questions before I make my purchase .
My online buddy referred me to Persei for doing Budda/wax . I never do oils ....not yet .

1. What other extras should I order as well , to save on another shipping charge ? Batts/ Carts ?
2. Is this vape easy to maintain and clean , can I boil in hot water without damage ?

tia

i was like you i never used oils but decided to get the persi last week

1) i got a couple extra 2.4 carts since thats what most members recommended. Ive also been told to get the hercules but the update isnt out yet (it does both flower + oil). So far the 2.4 have been keeping me really .. really high. I also got the SS kit which came at the same time as my persei so i havent used the regular persei body yet just the SS kit since its so small and i only use 2.4 carts anyways.

2) i dont see anything that needs to be cleaned yet. Except the mouthpiece, ive already cleaned the metal mouthpiece(rubbing alcohol + cottonball) since it was getting a little smelly and it cleaned really easy. Other than that the base doesnt look like it'll need cleaning & the carts are replaceable.

3) cant answer this but i would think not? batteries are a different size i dont know if that matters though.

OF

You might also consider Omicron, it should do you just fine for that use (same carts) in a smaller, cheaper package. When the model switch over is complete (a few weeks?) Omicron Light becomes another option for even less but with more restrictions. Right now, I'd say Omicron might be a better call?

Otherwise:

1) As has been said, don't start with the 5 Ohm carts that come with Persei, get some 2.4s like come with Omicron.
2) Easy enough to maintain. Wipe it clean, do not boil anything in this line. Plan of discarding carts when they leak too bad or have done a few grams and get fouled inside.
3) No, you'll need a different charger. One comes with each D9 system.

Good luck, either will work, but the smaller, cheaper version might be better?

I already made the mistake of i would guess overfilling? i was with 2 friends and decided to add in the remaining wax i had to the persei cart without paying much attention to how much was already in there.

This was probably the fault of my friend that was pulling way to hard even though i told him not too.

anways I stuck a needle dipped in rubbing alcohol into the air hole and cleared out most of the oil that was in there but i feel like the cart still isnt hitting like my other filled one. any suggestions ? also should i take my lighter to the top of the cart since it seems as though the oil is dried there instead of down in the cart where it should be.

I wouldn't mess further with it, you can decide on the friend. Once they get seal issues (and it sound like you have two reasons for that....) they seldom get any better. In the mean time you'll be loosing more oil every time you get near it. I'd carefully melt it back out. Don't overheat it doing so, you want 'barely melted' like when you load it. Then load it back in a fresh cart and be sure your buds help you follow the rules next time? Half a gram to start, heat the center well before the top (like the instructions show), when you get to .2 of what it weighed empty (better weigh it and keep track.....) add another half (not more and not before).

Good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: poonman
Top Bottom