Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hmm interesting point about the "experienced" users thing. Out of curiosity, are the lower ohm rated cartridges tastier or less tasty than the 2.4 ohm ones?
I don't know?
Ask BOB, VITOLO, OF they are members I follow for instruction.
I might buy one and try it?
The 2.4 carts taste good and last a long time so I'm safe with those.

ataxian,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hmm interesting point about the "experienced" users thing. Out of curiosity, are the lower ohm rated cartridges tastier or less tasty than the 2.4 ohm ones?

2.4 ohm carts are supposed to be the tastiest of the bunch (besides the Hercules which tastes better than any vape or nail I've ever used), but 1.5 ohms are notorious for burning oil if you aren't careful. Bigger clouds, but not as tasty.

kindbeats,
Reactions: OF

OF

I was surprised they put in 2 5ohms and thought it was a mistake, actually. I would have expected a variety to find what you like instead of a one size fits all approach. Especially considering how miserable the 5ohmers taste.

To make sense of it you need to put it in perspective. Persei is intended to be a monster. From the start. D9 (then THC Scientific) already sold Omicrons and had for a while. Guys demanded more (as they will.....) so 1.5 Ohm carts were developed. Not for average users, but specifically for power users limited by the 2.4 Ohmers. That was, of course, not enough for big time Cloud Chasers. Enter Persei to get to higher power. Persei not only uses 5.0 Ohm carts (at the higher voltage it provides) but even more powerful 4.0 Ohm ones. As if that wasn't enough you can run two at once! That alone should be a clue that Persei really wasn't intended as a 'first vape'.

You bought a superbike, it's not going to ride like a Vespa. The operator needs to understand it and control it.

So, yes, newbies get 5 Ohm carts with Persei. Those carts are four times more powerful than the recommended 2.4s. Four times. Ride a motorcycle four times more powerful than you're ready for and you should expect problems.

If, OTOH, they had included 2.4s instead or raised the package price with an assortment of 'useless weak carts' or failed to provide 'everything I need' in the kit I think it takes little imagination to predict the nastygrams they'd get?

"Buyer be ware" is the rule. I'm sorry you didn't understand the nature of the beast you bought, but I agree you'll be much happier with 2.4 Ohm carts. My advice is to stick with them until you master (not just think you're good with, but truly master it) them, but frankly expect some guys to 'go for it' anyway.......all of us being special and all.

Do you know anyone who thinks they're a below average driver? Neither do I.

2.4s are the best of the lot in most guys opinion. The run the lowest power, therefore cook the oil less when the user doesn't control the heat properly. With 2.4s it's pretty hard to get into trouble. At nearly double the power 1.5s, the only "lower ohm rated cartridges" available, are better than the fives in that respect but no were near as good as 2.4s.

The advice still stands. Get some 2.4s, lean to use them well, then explore other options if you still feel the need. Doing that leads to an informed decision, IMO a much better idea?

OF

Afrikaaner

To make sense of it you need to put it in perspective. Persei is intended to be a monster. From the start. D9 (then THC Scientific) already sold Omicrons and had for a while. Guys demanded more (as they will.....) so 1.5 Ohm carts were developed. Not for average users, but specifically for power users limited by the 2.4 Ohmers. That was, of course, not enough for big time Cloud Chasers. Enter Persei to get to higher power. Persei not only uses 5.0 Ohm carts (at the higher voltage it provides) but even more powerful 4.0 Ohm ones. As if that wasn't enough you can run two at once! That alone should be a clue that Persei really wasn't intended as a 'first vape'.

You bought a superbike, it's not going to ride like a Vespa. The operator needs to understand it and control it.

So, yes, newbies get 5 Ohm carts with Persei. Those carts are four times more powerful than the recommended 2.4s. Four times. Ride a motorcycle four times more powerful than you're ready for and you should expect problems.

If, OTOH, they had included 2.4s instead or raised the package price with an assortment of 'useless weak carts' or failed to provide 'everything I need' in the kit I think it takes little imagination to predict the nastygrams they'd get?

"Buyer be ware" is the rule. I'm sorry you didn't understand the nature of the beast you bought, but I agree you'll be much happier with 2.4 Ohm carts. My advice is to stick with them until you master (not just think you're good with, but truly master it) them, but frankly expect some guys to 'go for it' anyway.......all of us being special and all.

Do you know anyone who thinks they're a below average driver? Neither do I.

2.4s are the best of the lot in most guys opinion. The run the lowest power, therefore cook the oil less when the user doesn't control the heat properly. With 2.4s it's pretty hard to get into trouble. At nearly double the power 1.5s, the only "lower ohm rated cartridges" available, are better than the fives in that respect but no were near as good as 2.4s.

The advice still stands. Get some 2.4s, lean to use them well, then explore other options if you still feel the need. Doing that leads to an informed decision, IMO a much better idea?

OF

Hey, thanks for chiming in, OF! Just to clarify, this isn't my first vape (third, actually). I suppose I could have done some more research into the Persei before diving in. I mistook the 5ohm carts as being the most "benign" carts because of their higher resistance, but I should have done that research first and also remembered they were running at a much higher voltage. I ordered a 2.4 ohm cartridge this morning and will hopefully have extracted some new oil by the time it arrives. I must say though, that in terms of quality/intensity of the high (I'm a recreational user), the Persei surpasses everything except edibles, and in that respect is absolutely stupendous.

Out of curiosity, do we know the temps which the coils typically burn at/around?

Afrikaaner,

odogg

Elevate.
I would say the higher powered carts compromise taste a bit but still get you medicated of course. If you wanna really taste ypur meds go with 2.4 carts but if you really want those clouds the higher power carts will do a great job. I can't wait for the 1701 carts to be available

odogg,

Afrikaaner

I would say the higher powered carts compromise taste a bit but still get you medicated of course. If you wanna really taste ypur meds go with 2.4 carts but if you really want those clouds the higher power carts will do a great job. I can't wait for the 1701 carts to be available

Yeah, I just don't find vaping as pleasurable (remember, I'm not medicating, this is strictly for entertainment purposes) when I can't taste the oil/bud/whatever I'm vaping over the taste of hot parts. I am eagerly awaiting the 2.4 cart now. Incidentally, are you supposed to "season" the cartridges first when empty to burn off anything in there or prep them in any way or just load them up off the bat and go wild?

Also, what are these 1701 carts?

Afrikaaner,

OF

I ordered a 2.4 ohm cartridge this morning and will hopefully have extracted some new oil by the time it arrives. I must say though, that in terms of quality/intensity of the high (I'm a recreational user), the Persei surpasses everything except edibles, and in that respect is absolutely stupendous.

Out of curiosity, do we know the temps which the coils typically burn at/around?

Hey, no argument from me it's a complex deal. Nobody asked me, if they had I'd have put at least one 2.4 Ohm cart in there with the instructions 'use me first' and put up with the guff from the power users but I can see the 'why did you send me this useless cart, you owe me the value I want' kind of issues.

I'd do that because I care a lot more about the folks like you that buy it, have some bad experience and abandon the effort way too soon. We can loose some of them back to blazing....the whole reason we came here, to prevent that?

I think you're right, it's an amazingly powerful machine. Like many such it can run amok and mess things up (in this case burn your goods) but once you get it between the ditches and push the peddle down it's a great ride. You just need to sneak up on it a bit.

Perhaps another insight is many of us have given up on any but 2.4 Ohm carts, preferring two smaller tastier hits to the alternative killer one?

Temperature is a good question. My belief is it varies a fair bit. Goes up when there's not as much concentrate but once the heater has lots of oil by definition it's no hotter than the boiling point of the goods on average? That is only the dry parts can get hot enough to burn stuff, like a pan with at least some water doesn't overheat.

If you watch carefully the flow of vapor on longer hits you can often see density go up and down (and with it taste), I think these are cases where the flow of fresh oil to the heater is changing? I don't believe the feed is always uniform, and tends to go up as the cart heats (which ideally it wouldn't).

OF

OF,

Afrikaaner

Hey, no argument from me it's a complex deal. Nobody asked me, if they had I'd have put at least one 2.4 Ohm cart in there with the instructions 'use me first' and put up with the guff from the power users but I can see the 'why did you send me this useless cart, you owe me the value I want' kind of issues.

I agree with you, or at least perhaps give us our choice of 2 carts or something similar, but I'm sure that's a bunch of extra effort/cost.

Temperature is a good question. My belief is it varies a fair bit. Goes up when there's not as much concentrate but once the heater has lots of oil by definition it's no hotter than the boiling point of the goods on average? That is only the dry parts can get hot enough to burn stuff, like a pan with at least some water doesn't overheat.

I would imagine you're right about the variable bit, but I was curious about the max temp the coil attains. Also, just like chili can burn on the bottom of a thin pot, I imagine it's not too hard to locally burn a bit of oil while the rest is still heating up. I imagine our concentrates do not transfer heat nearly as well as water does.

If you watch carefully the flow of vapor on longer hits you can often see density go up and down (and with it taste), I think these are cases where the flow of fresh oil to the heater is changing? I don't believe the feed is always uniform, and tends to go up as the cart heats (which ideally it wouldn't).

Unfortunately I have no way of watching the thickness of vapor since I don't have any whip/bubbler/whatever attachments. My only judgement can be made on the exhale.

Afrikaaner,

TommydCat

So we have almost a have dozen different carts, but only talk about the 1.5s (which work great on some thicker/darker oils for me), the 2.4s (which on my Omicron 2.0 seemed to just whisp hints of what should be there) and the 5.0s which suck for taste (though I'm not experiencing this? Went through some tasty chemdawg4 - even double-barreling it - and only really pushing it would I get a burned taste).

How about the 3.0's and the 4.0's? No love?

TommydCat,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I agree with you, or at least perhaps give us our choice of 2 carts or something similar, but I'm sure that's a bunch of extra effort/cost.

What was said about the d9 carts wasnt "car exhaust", its rubber or silicone taste with the d9 carts, but thats only with me. Its really foul. It used to be a manufacturing oil taste which would subside with PGs overwhelming orange taste or after a couple hits. This silicone/rubber taste is around all the time for me. From first hit to whenever you feel nauseated by the gnarly taste. Im sure not many others have this issue as ive never heard anyone talk of it. Doubt its just me, even someone else nearby confirmed the taste. And it was on 3 or 4 out of 5 carts. the last cart was completely junked by error.

Not too concerned of it. But just wanted to clear that up.

The car exhaust/burnt sh*t taste was on the thermovape rev LV cart. completely different story though. Not a d9 product.

Porquiplane,

Jayslc

Hey guys I am looking for the best way to smoke liquid honey hash oil out of the persei, It's not the consistency of butter or earwax so I can't put it in the cartridges and I see that the stainless steel tanks does do liqued but it says for E juice only?? And what should I get the blue clear cartomizer or stainless still tank?

Jayslc,

VAPORIZER22

Hey guys I am looking for the best way to smoke liquid honey hash oil out of the persei, It's not the consistency of butter or earwax so I can't put it in the cartridges and I see that the stainless steel tanks does do liqued but it says for E juice only?? And what should I get the blue clear cartomizer or stainless still tank?

What is the consistency of the oil? Is it the same as Pure Gold or thicker? You might be able to use a regular cart if you have not tried already. I think the Hercules 7.4 cart would fit your needs once they are back in stock. If it is more like Pure Gold, ataxian has posted he uses the CE4 Cartomizer 2.5 ohm for Pure Gold. Hopefully once the EC 1701 carts are released they will be another option for oils with a runny consistency.

VAPORIZER22,
Reactions: ataxian

Jayslc

What is the consistency of the oil? Is it the same as Pure Gold or thicker? You might be able to use a regular cart if you have not tried already. I think the Hercules 7.4 cart would fit your needs once they are back in stock. If it is more like Pure Gold, ataxian has posted he uses the CE4 Cartomizer 2.5 ohm for Pure Gold. Hopefully once the EC 1701 carts are released they will be another option for oils with a runny consistency.
Yes it had the same consistency has pure gold, honestly it might be pure gold it self. So I guess ill pick up the ce4 and check it out even though I am still buying the new hurc. Any body else some PG with the persei? If so how?

Jayslc,

mrmojo62

Just ordered 2.4 ohm cart to try out. Unfortunately that means I need to make more oil since I loaded all mine into one of the included 5 ohm carts. They really taste absolutely abysmal. Any idea why the 5 ohm ones taste so bad? It's like breathing in car exhaust/burnt electronic smoke with a hint of what your oil tastes like.
fwiw, you may want to make sure that the oil is all in the bottom of the cart. if not loaded properly, oil can get stuck higher and never actually hit the heating element so all you get is the element burning. its been recommended to use a heat gun instead of open flame to heat carts and it can drastically improve the flavor too.

another tool that i used waaaaaaaaaaay back when with the carts is a short piece of clear tubing over the mouthpiece so that you can see the vapor produced. its a great visual aid to help slow down the hit enough to produce the most vapor and with the right inside diameter, goes gang busters with the herc too. it was first brought up way back in the thread or maybe it was the omicron thread, but either way, its helps cut the learning curve a ton.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes it had the same consistency has pure gold, honestly it might be pure gold it self. So I guess ill pick up the ce4 and check it out even though I am still buying the new hurc. Any body else some PG with the persei? If so how?
I don't want to sound like a know it all however I love PURE GOLD.
Top Shelf WAX like Louie 13 Brittle or GIRL SCOUT COOKIES BUDDER are my other favorites.
I might be a bit excessive since I have at least 3 to 4 carts loaded.
CE4 2.4 with PG on hand. I even have two carts back up.
2.4 with LOUIE 13 Brittle amazing flavor.
5.0 with GSC Budder thick clouds weird taste (Bummer) May have to throw away 0.5 grams plus cart. (headaches)
Previous 2.4 cart with GSC Budder amazing flavor. (no headaches)
007 CO2 WAX 2.4 cart awesome as is the CO2 SOUR DIESEL.
5.0 cart with PRESIDENT WAX horrible ( Thought it was the meds?)
The PERSIE = I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning however now I'm a big fan.
The HERCULES was THE MOST EFFECTIVE can't wait to reload in the new version.
In the meantime I will order some more 2.4 carts.
The 2 x 5.0 carts I have left however I won't waste good meds in them.
I vape for medical needs so recreational users may find me to be a light weight!

ataxian,

Jayslc

For Flavor Profile your need the 2.4 Carts.
For now on I will use the 2.4 only.
Except for PG I use the 2.4 Cartimizer with adapter available on the Delta web site. (shorthy attachment)

Hey man what battery variation do you use? What volts on the 2.4 cartomizer with persei? Thanks

hercules_zps1928b417.jpg

Jayslc,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
AW 18350 in a SHORTY and sometimes I use a RCR 123A 3.0 V or my original Trust Fire 3.7V.
Once I had a double battery setup and burned up two CE4's (over medicated) that's why I use the SS Kit SHORTY so I don't screw up. The PERSEI the way it comes is enough with a single AW IMR 18650 works well too. For me I like the feel of the SHORTY. Plus it's kind of like insurance for my mistakes. The TANK I don't know however may try just to experiment?
18350_zpsc90271a6.jpg

IMG_0096_zpsa8c63a55.jpg

short-pg_zps6c3a9f1c.jpg

ataxian,

Afrikaaner

Hey quick question what do you recommend I have sone hash oil like runny honey, pure gold similar.
The ce4 clear cartomizer or the ego-w tank? Thanks for your help man

I'm curious about this too, and I have one of each on their way. I'm planning to make/use a glycerin extract in them.

Afrikaaner,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm curious about this too, and I have one of each on their way. I'm planning to make/use a glycerin extract in them.
I have a few formula's I'm working on with ISO Cannabis oil glycerin blend with flavor.
The CE4 with the adapter lets me experiment.
Once I get it right I will try the TANK with it since my formula is like E-Juice.
Instead of Nicotine I replace it with Cannabis oil extract.

ataxian,
Reactions: Puffers

Jayslc

I don't want to sound like a know it all however I love PURE GOLD.
Top Shelf WAX like Louie 13 Brittle or GIRL SCOUT COOKIES BUDDER are my other favorites.
I might be a bit excessive since I have at least 3 to 4 carts loaded.
CE4 2.4 with PG on hand. I even have two carts back up.
2.4 with LOUIE 13 Brittle amazing flavor.
5.0 with GSC Budder thick clouds weird taste (Bummer) May have to throw away 0.5 grams plus cart. (headaches)
Previous 2.4 cart with GSC Budder amazing flavor. (no headaches)
007 CO2 WAX 2.4 cart awesome as is the CO2 SOUR DIESEL.
5.0 cart with PRESIDENT WAX horrible ( Thought it was the meds?)
The PERSIE = I made a lot of mistakes in the beginning however now I'm a big fan.
The HERCULES was THE MOST EFFECTIVE can't wait to reload in the new version.
In the meantime I will order some more 2.4 carts.
The 2 x 5.0 carts I have left however I won't waste good meds in them.
I vape for medical needs so recreational users may find me to be a light weight!
Cool thank you, how much pure gold to you put in a ce4 cart at one time and how long does it last?

Jayslc,

Jayslc

I have a few formula's I'm working on with ISO Cannabis oil glycerin blend with flavor.
The CE4 with the adapter lets me experiment.
Once I get it right I will try the TANK with it since my formula is like E-Juice.
Instead of Nicotine I replace it with Cannabis oil extract.
Dam that sounds intense and incredible, good luck with that!! know much about the ego-w carts On D9 website it says it's for glycerine based oils? Or just stick with ce4?

Jayslc,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Dam that sounds intense and incredible, good luck with that!! know much about the ego-w carts On D9 website it says it's for glycerine based oils? Or just stick with ce4?
1 gram (first load) will last around a month or $16.28 per week.
Then 0.5 grams after that to keep the level were I don't run out.
I do Flowers and waxes too so my use may vary.
I bought the RED SS Kit so now I need to buy the RED PERSEI to match.
You can only use one device at a time!
The CE4 2.4 is cheap and works!

Spend your extra coin on MEDS!
Buy TOP SHELF only!

ataxian,
ordered a persei upgrade kit on the 20th of jan sent in my old vape via express mail and still hadent gotten my order so i called and i was told that they had been at a lot of shows ,guessing canna cup san bernadino, and that everything was being shipped out today which was by now the 26th. i was stoked to get the deal on the unit but it actually isnt saving me anything unfort. featuring ive been havin to use all my meds waiting for it. i hav a smoke shop accross the st from me thats selling them but i got one from delta9 cause of all the good word i here about them and the costomer service. im starting to feel it would hav been easier to just have bought it at the shop near me anything g or d9 crew could do to boost my spirits?

tommy t
So we have almost a have dozen different carts, but only talk about the 1.5s (which work great on some thicker/darker oils for me), the 2.4s (which on my Omicron 2.0 seemed to just whisp hints of what should be there) and the 5.0s which suck for taste (though I'm not experiencing this? Went through some tasty chemdawg4 - even double-barreling it - and only really pushing it would I get a burned taste).

How about the 3.0's and the 4.0's? No love?

ordered a persei upgrade kit on the 20th of jan sent in my old vape via express mail and still hadent gotten my order so i called and i was told that they had been at a lot of shows ,guessing canna cup san bernadino, and that everything was being shipped out today which was by now the 26th. i was stoked to get the deal on the unit but it actually isnt saving me anything unfort. featuring ive been havin to use all my meds waiting for it. i hav a smoke shop accross the st from me thats selling them but i got one from delta9 cause of all the good word i here about them and the costomer service. im starting to feel it would hav been easier to just have bought it at the shop near me anything g or d9 crew could do to boost my spirits?
he cat love primus and a persei and a drop or two to frizzle fry

Last edited by a moderator:
abstract XstracT,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom