Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

tharealmclovin

QWISO has too many impurities. It will work, but how long is the real question. With ISO there is a better chance of jamming up the heating element.

So it will work, just plan on replacing carts often as well as having QWISO stuck in carts that will no longer vape.

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: kindbeats

OF

can somebody let me know if the persei by itself without the hercules can handle qwiso? I might be going to the HS in the next 40 mins.

Persei is a power supply. It has batteries in one end, a switch in the middle and a socket on the other end into which you can screw other stuff. Without other stuff it's not so useful.

One of 'the other stuff' you can pick from is to use an Omicron cart. This will hold about half a gram of EO (yes, QISO can qualify if it's clean enough to flow well when hot and evaporate cleanly from a bit of foil). It will meter it out over a hundred or more hits.

Bender is one of the other stuff also. You can put herb in it, but not EO. Hercules, OTOH, does both herb and EO but is having a few teething problems right now. Melt proof parts should be ongoing and leakproof heaters are expected to start testing soon......making them available a month or two down the road? Folks have high confidence D9 will 'make it right' in the end as is their history. Well respected Customer Service.

So a Persei and some Omicron carts will get you vaping right away (provided your concentrate passes 'the foil test') and put you in place to jump into Hercules when you feel comfortable.

OF

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Whoops already answered...... Dunno why those posts didn't show til I made mine.....

Loving my 5ohm cart I think I am going to get a pair of 1.5 ohms this week for dbl barrel testing and less switching between 3.7 and 7.4 for juice/oil.

A pair of 1.5 Ohm carts will draw more than the specified power limit of the Persei (i.e. 5 Amps ) with a freshly charged battery.

If you want to try something like this, I recommend dual 4 Ohms at 7.4v - Go easy on the button.

-NDA

Sweet thanks nick I didn't even think about that. I will probably get a 1.5 and another 5ohm then I can't imagine trying to be easier on the button then I do with 5@7.4v I already just pulse the button for monster rips.

Whoops already answered...... Dunno why those posts didn't show til I made mine.....

Loving my 5ohm cart I think I am going to get a pair of 1.5 ohms this week for dbl barrel testing and less switching between 3.7 and 7.4 for juice/oil.

A pair of 1.5 Ohm carts will draw more than the specified power limit of the Persei (i.e. 5 Amps ) with a freshly charged battery.

If you want to try something like this, I recommend dual 4 Ohms at 7.4v - Go easy on the button.

-NDA

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So question for those who may have answers...

Last night, laying in bed, look over at one of the persei units to see that the little blue ring is very dimly lit. Only way to make it go off is by taking the double top completely off the unit. Its a double top that was hardly ever used until about a month ago when the SS package was purchased. The cartridge that was attached wasnt warm so it wasnt pushing out any power, but there was something somewhere that was wrong. Should a ticket be filed or is this a very minor issue that can be overlooked as an annoyance?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
yes, we have the newer double tops and will replace it under the warranty conditions. Contact asap please if the year is running out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Darb

Having read through almost this entire thread (pg. 267), I can't find anything to suggest it's use is in any way hazardous. The carts are what come in to contact with your concentrate and are made of stainless steel w/ a ceramic heating element, if I'm not mistaken. They were made with concentrate in mind, so they are probably going to be your best bet in terms of on the go vaporization. So yes, relatively safe.

The Herc is an attachment primarily for Herb, with an added oil option for thinner oils. You do not need it unless you want those two options. You just need a regular cart (when you look at a Persei, it's what looks like a metal straw).

I don't know what to tell you about QWISO. The guide says that you should be able to use bho, earwax, putty, shatter, co2, nitro extracts and the like. I would think it depends on the consistency and the purity of your QWISO. If the consistency is right, i.e. solid at room temperature, melts with heat, you should be able to load it up, but if you have bits of plant matter in the QWISO it'll probably clog and eventually ruin the cart prematurely.

I'm pretty sure the regular carts do not have a ceramic heating element.
The 7.4 herc is mainly for oils. In my opinion it's a 100 times better than the origional carts too. (It does have some issues that are currently being worked out though)

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
yes, we have the newer double tops and will replace it under the warranty conditions. Contact asap please if the year is running out.

Does it matter what number unit we have? When were the newer double tops released? And now by shear magic its not glowing anymore.

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
the newer upgraded tops are on the replacement parts program, they have been out for about a month now.

and no numbers dont count,

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
the newer upgraded tops are on the replacement parts program, they have been out for about a month now.

and no numbers dont count,

Are newer Single Top replacements out as well? Or were they fine? Just checking, no troubles with the single top though, only this double.

EDITe: Ticket 1108934

Porquiplane,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I got my SS Kit this afternoon:

Shorty with CR123 3.0V and a 2.4V cart and wax
Longer Tube with a salvaged 18650 battery from a SOLO rebuilt just strong enough to power a 2.4V cart with wax
Standard PERSEI with 2 x AW MRI 18350's and a dual top with a 5.0V in only one orifice with wax
Standard PERSEI with 1 x AW IMR 18650 and a single top with CO2 wax
ONE SOLO stem of Flowers and Kief (10 hits) {4 parts Flowers to 1 part Kief}
More wax
Tried the Shorty with a AW IMR 18350 and a 2.4V cart (WOW!) My favorite set up for walking the dog at night!

No flaws?

Conclusion: the SS Kit is a nice addition!

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I'm pretty sure the regular carts do not have a ceramic heating element.
The 7.4 herc is mainly for oils. In my opinion it's a 100 times better than the origional carts too. (It does have some issues that are currently being worked out though)

Thanks for the correction!
The carts don't use a ceramic heating element, it's more like a little bowl. The element itself is wire.

My mistake about the Herc as well. I've only seen the 3.7.

Atomsk,
Reactions: Darb

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Are newer Single Top replacements out as well? Or were they fine? Just checking, no troubles with the single top though, only this double.

EDITe: Ticket 1108934

Yes all replacement parts are upgraded, but we only switch them out when a top fails, so if a top is working we cant switch it out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Yes all replacement parts are upgraded, but we only switch them out when a top fails, so if a top is working we cant switch it out.

The top HAD the issue last night, but now the blue ring isnt dimly lit anymore. SO as of now the "issue" is ok? Should this still go for warranty?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
yes you can, or wait for it to do it again, im thinking it could have been the button, as it might have gotten stuck a bit, but you can always clean it and see if it does it again, if it does send it in. Always keep the cartridge off when not using just to confirm if its doing it anymore or not.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Did you guys happen to take down the 7.4v Hercs recently?

Yes because we are out, high demand seems like a lot of people like it and want more, we will introduce the v2 herc with all the updates to it and it should be king of the hill once again.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Yes because we are out, high demand seems like a lot of people like it and want more, we will introduce the v2 herc with all the updates to it and it should be king of the hill once again.

Sounds beautiful, can't wait! Any chance the Herc 3.7 will start doing oils as well?

Atomsk,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
The herc 3.7v can do oils if oyu have the tank and a Iris for the persei, Run it up to about 4.7v and your good.

Alright! Didn't get the chance to pick up an Iris, will it be coming around again? I was also wondering: Do the SS kits come in a Chrome version or is it only matte silver?

Thanks for all the quick responses THC! I don't know if it was said yet, but if you guys come out with a bigger Persei or a rather large attachment, you should call it the Zuban. Finest Cigars in all the galaxy according to Bender.

Atomsk,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Alright! Didn't get the chance to pick up an Iris, will it be coming around again? I was also wondering: Do the SS kits come in a Chrome version or is it only matte silver?

Thanks for all the quick responses THC! I don't know if it was said yet, but if you guys come out with a bigger Persei or a rather large attachment, you should call it the Zuban. Finest Cigars in all the galaxy according to Bender.

We have the Alpha Supreme coming its still in development stages, this will give you about 4 times more battery life at 7.4v then the persei.

I like the Zuban idea but that be a little to fanatic for me. Im a sci fi guy and Alpha Supreme is from the Transformers cartoon which i loved to watch.

Iris V2 is in final stages and will be going into production within the next two weeks.

How long does it take Herc to heat up when first turned on?

3.7v or 7.4v?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
We have the Alpha Supreme coming its still in development stages, this will give you about 4 times more battery life at 7.4v then the persei.

I like the Zuban idea but that be a little to fanatic for me. Im a sci fi guy and Alpha Supreme is from the Transformers cartoon which i loved to watch.

Iris V2 is in final stages and will be going into production within the next two weeks.

3.7v or 7.4v?
How do we upgrade from iris v1 to iris v2 ? And how much ?

BLAZING OG,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can

Just an idea to shoot past you. I thought the hippie episode from Futurama was what named the product line.

Do you have any more specs on the Alpha Supreme? Size in comparison to Persei, different carts? The 4x battery life sounds like you'll need to charge the thing once a month.

Top Bottom