Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Many thanks OF!

From what I've been reading PureGold is the best to put in most cartridges. Is this an oil grade, or PureGold by TetraLabs? Sorry for the noob spam, I'm excited to be getting my Chrome Persei soon and am trying to find a decent oil to fill it with from some dispensary here in SD.
CO2 Oils like the Sour Diesel Sativa or the 007 Indica work nice.
The crumbled, brittle, honeycomb waxes have all worked well for me.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES WAX that I have loaded up in one of my carts has amazing flavor for such a powerful medicine.

If it will melt it will load.
Well purged waxes work great in the carts.

The PERSEI helps the patient medicate efficiently.

PURE GOLD will cause leaks in the carts.
(d-limonene damages the seals)

There are many other concentrates that work great.

I favor the 2.5 carts however there are many choices.

Plus all the attachment possibilities!

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I would start W/3.7V Persei and 2.4Ohm cart this is by far the best setup to learn on, save you time money and fustration. Learn to load your carts and get use to the Persei then move on up to 7.4V @ 5 Ohm and have fun. Remmeber when loading to warm the cart in the middle to help W/air locks and keep heat as low as needed. Don't get lower 1/2" hot this will make the lower seal leak for sure, easy on the power button until you get the feel.
I know you don't want to but, baby steps!
Good Luck
Kevin

Thanks, Kevin, I really appreciate the advice. What do you think about 1.5ohms for heavy clouds at 3.7v? I know this is a more volatile set up for a novice, but, if done right, does it get you thicker clouds than the 2.4ohm at 3.7v? Also, do you happen to have the SS kit for your Persei?

CO2 Oils like the Sour Diesel Sativa or the 007 Indica work nice.
The crumbled, brittle, honeycomb waxes have all worked well for me.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES WAX that I have loaded up in one of my carts has amazing flavor for such a powerful medicine.
Ataxian, as always your posts are full of positivity and hype me for the near future with my Persei. GS-Cookies wax does sounds delicious. I hope to find a decent oil / wax source from some med shops down here. Will report if I find anything worthy of mentioning. Do you happen to know if lab potency reports skew their results by adding THC-A towards the THC count? I understand THC-A is inactive until it loses a carboxyl group, but does this change somehow when vaporized in wax form? If not, 88%THC where 22% accounts for THC and 66% accounts for THC-A is the highest grade garbage I can find in America's Finest City.

Happy vaping to all.

Atomsk,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
More about these numbers Goji Berry O.G. Crumble
30.5G

130122U16826396.jpg

• DETAILS
  • THC1.93%
  • CBD 0.00%
  • CBN 0.51%
  • THCa 81.06%
  • CBDa 2.99%
  • Moisture 0.00%
  • 83.0%TotalTHC
  • 3.0%TotalCBD
  • 0.5%

ataxian,

kevin

Thanks, Kevin, I really appreciate the advice. What do you think about 1.5ohms for heavy clouds at 3.7v? I know this is a more volatile set up for a novice, but, if done right, does it get you thicker clouds than the 2.4ohm at 3.7v? Also, do you happen to have the SS kit for your Persei?
Happy vaping to all.

Yes the 1.5 Ohm carts @3.7V will give you bigger clouds and are easier to use than 5 Ohm carts @ 7.7V
Yes , I have the SS kit and I enjoy it. I use the shorty @3.7V for stealth.
Kevin

OF

Yes the 1.5 Ohm carts @3.7V will give you bigger clouds and are easier to use than 5 Ohm carts @ 7.7V

Following up on Brother Kevin's typically accurate and useful information please let me add, 'yes, 1.5 Ohm carts produce more vapor, but that doesn't mean you should buy them if you want more vapor'. My standard advice remains 'master the 2.4 Ohm carts first'. Don't just try them, master them. Get to where it's second nature to get uniform hits as thick as you want (2.4s can do some amazing stuff if you them right).

I can guarantee trying to use your natural prowess, amazing skills or complete insight (or any subset of that) to bypass the easy stuff will lead to grief. Leaks or burn oil, both I bet. It's way to easy for the 1.5 to get away from new guys and one oops and it's wrecked (along with at least some of your goods, and that which you reclaim often tastes burnt). I know nobody wants to hear that, but it's the truth none the less. If you don't have a Persei, buying one, a bunch of high output carts and some tasty concentrates is a sure fire recipe for problems.....it has been for basically every Pilgrim before you who decided 'I can handle it'.

Your call.

OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Yes , I have the SS kit and I enjoy it. I use the shorty @3.7V for stealth.
Kevin

Sweet, I'm thinking your stealth option will be my training wheels to using this monster. Probably at 2.4 ohm, though.

If you don't have a Persei, buying one, a bunch of high output carts and some tasty concentrates is a sure fire recipe for problems.....it has been for basically every Pilgrim before you who decided 'I can handle it'.

Your call.

OF

Agreed. I can see that having gone through nearly the whole thread from page 1. Lots of misconceptions with voltage set up and cart compatibility at first. It's a lot of information mined and refined from the countless deposits of mistakes, I'm hoping I'm learning from them well enough. But no amount of reading can compensate for having the thing in your hand, warming the tubes between your fingers, finding what oil consistencies work best with what ohm and volt. I'm excited to make those mistakes, though. I'll happily concede to keeping the other ohms off limits til I get a physical feel for the Persei.

We will be shipping out the Herc parts starting tomorrow, and will update everyone on the upgraded hercules.

Call 818-849-6133 after 11 am pst. They will tell you when you can come in.

As long as you have the original receipt your good.
how can I get my parts in? I bough them at vaporwarehouse order # 1895817

topshotninja,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Is the nibbler the glass piece you posted a few pages back? If so can I pre order it.... thanks.....

The Nibbler is actually the large bubbler, the small glass piece is called the Nibbler X and that is posted a few pages back. No pre orders. We have decided that we can not full fill any more pre orders and once we have it it posted on our site.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Anybody know if the matte silver SS looks alright with the chrome Persei?

Atomsk,

ictus

hey guys,
I have some QWISO to use. I have an oilrig setup, but I kind of feel like oilrigs are burning off more just instantly 'frying' the actives than could be gotten by vaping it at a proper temp slowly. Am I right to guess that?

I am interested in the Persei because people have said it excels with concentrates.

But I am also a bit apprehensive since last time I checked this thread, perseis were melting into pools of black plastic like T-1000 which scared the crap out of me. Would somebody mind summarizing what occured there? Was that melted delrin or just some resin? Are these problems common? is the persei considered relatively safe?

ictus,

VAPORIZER22

hey guys,
I have some QWISO to use. I have an oilrig setup, but I kind of feel like oilrigs are burning off more just instantly 'frying' the actives than could be gotten by vaping it at a proper temp slowly. Am I right to guess that?

I am interested in the Persei because people have said it excels with concentrates.

But I am also a bit apprehensive since last time I checked this thread, perseis were melting into pools of black plastic like T-1000 which scared the crap out of me. Would somebody mind summarizing what occured there? Was that melted delrin or just some resin? Are these problems common? is the persei considered relatively safe?

The melting issues you describe were pertaining to the Hercules cart and not the Persei itself, and replacement parts to resolve the issue with the Hercules have been and are being created.

ictus

thanks that's great to hear.... is the hercules cart required for using the persei with concentrates? specifically QWISO... I see the store says "essential oil only" but I don't know if QWISO is considered an EO?

I just tried to go back and read more of this thread but I just got even more confused. Posts by somebody calld "THC Scientific" who makes the persei with videos but no mention of even what product is in the video, talking about "With 1701s" without saying what they are even putting the 1701's into.

ictus,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
thanks that's great to hear.... is the hercules cart required for using the persei with concentrates? specifically QWISO... I see the store says "essential oil only" but I don't know if QWISO is considered an EO?

I just tried to go back and read more of this thread but I just got even more confused. Posts by somebody calld "THC Scientific" who makes the persei with videos but no mention of even what product is in the video, talking about "With 1701s" without saying what they are even putting the 1701's into.
Yeah taht melting was the hercules but only one isolated case, and after further review they wrrent sure if it was resins from impurities or.mostly derlin, but now Teflon or Kevlar can't remember right now , but they look and feel awesome

BLAZING OG,

ictus

can somebody let me know if the persei by itself without the hercules can handle qwiso? I might be going to the HS in the next 40 mins.

ictus,

VAPORIZER22

can somebody let me know if the persei by itself without the hercules can handle qwiso? I might be going to the HS in the next 40 mins.

I have never tried it, but from what I understand the regular carts that come with the Persei were not made to work with concentrates like qwiso. I think qwiso, at least the type I have made and tried from others, is too thick to work in a cart. Good rule that I tend to follow is if a solid concentrate does not liquify with a bit of heat, it is not ideal, at least that has been my experience.

VAPORIZER22,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can

Having read through almost this entire thread (pg. 267), I can't find anything to suggest it's use is in any way hazardous. The carts are what come in to contact with your concentrate and are made of stainless steel w/ a ceramic heating element, if I'm not mistaken. They were made with concentrate in mind, so they are probably going to be your best bet in terms of on the go vaporization. So yes, relatively safe.

The Herc is an attachment primarily for Herb, with an added oil option for thinner oils. You do not need it unless you want those two options. You just need a regular cart (when you look at a Persei, it's what looks like a metal straw).

I don't know what to tell you about QWISO. The guide says that you should be able to use bho, earwax, putty, shatter, co2, nitro extracts and the like. I would think it depends on the consistency and the purity of your QWISO. If the consistency is right, i.e. solid at room temperature, melts with heat, you should be able to load it up, but if you have bits of plant matter in the QWISO it'll probably clog and eventually ruin the cart prematurely.

Atomsk,
Top Bottom