Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Perfect. Just lost another 3 ohmer to leaks. It started to taste really really funky. Like melted plastics. Stronger than the PG in it, taste that is. Given, the girl may have melted it with her massive-cloud-chasing. New 3 ohmer up to bat.

So 1701s are wickless, clog-free, leak-free cart? Available in all resistances? Washable/cleanable? Kind of like Cartridge 2.0. [x]

The 1701 is supposed to be leak proof, wickless and can be cleaned some what. We also have more ideas on improvements and we shall see the first round how it goes on testing, then do a small number of real world tests before we make changes for final production.

There is so much we can do with the cartridge system as its coming to its end on upgrades and possibilities.

The Hercules is for the cloud chasers and people who want to conserve, The 1701's are still going to break down after a few grams through it, but the taste has cleared up and we are working on a wire that will improve taste.

First we have removed all the wires inside the bottom connector, then we have found a way to make sure there is no more possibility of oil getting inside or under the heater, then we removed the wires from the Hercules itself, and we also have added another part that we will talk about later. This makes the Hercules withstand really high temperatures ( excluding the outer shell ).

The Hercules will be the first oil capable cartridge from our testing and we have proof to back ( laboratory confirmed ) it up that does not use a nichrome based wire ( electronic cigarette technology ) or cotton ( since there is another vaporizer that has a tank system but is cotton based ).

The GLOC will be the Second.

Bassnectar403

I just recieved my hercules today, clean looking unit. recieved instructions from planet vape to heat it up empty for 20 seconds 5 times while allowing it to cool each time afterwards. the 3rd time I was doing this my light got stuck on the persei top while the button was unpressed. I unscrewed the top to remove the batteries, After spinning it back on the light stayed on and instantly a little puff of smoke came from inside the persei top.

What happened? every time I plug it in the light stays on. I have been looking forward to the hercules since I ordered the persei in august and I over medicated and forgot to purchase it while it was 50% off, now that I finally have it I can't use it. :( I hope there is some way I can have the top piece looked at or replaced. I need the persei for herbs it is useless with the dual cartridge head I have right now. :(

Bassnectar403,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I just recieved my hercules today, clean looking unit. recieved instructions from planet vape to heat it up empty for 20 seconds 5 times while allowing it to cool each time afterwards. the 3rd time I was doing this my light got stuck on the persei top while the button was unpressed. I unscrewed the top to remove the batteries, After spinning it back on the light stayed on and instantly a little puff of smoke came from inside the persei top.

What happened? every time I plug it in the light stays on. I have been looking forward to the hercules since I ordered the persei in august and I over medicated and forgot to purchase it while it was 50% off, now that I finally have it I can't use it. :( I hope there is some way I can have the top piece looked at or replaced. I need the persei for herbs it is useless with the dual cartridge head I have right now. :(

Yes we can get it replaced with the newer tops that are much stronger and will not allow this to happen. Contact support and it will be taken care of.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I don't know if it's OK or not to post such a thing however as a PERSEI user I think it may have some good uses?
Persei_Vaporizer_SS_Kit_Red__06914_zoom.jpg

ataxian,

tharealmclovin

So it's nominally about 1.0 Ohm then?

Will Iris drive it? Mine rejects 1.2 Ohm loads as shorts ("Lo")?? It's fine with 1.4 Ohms of course.

OF

Mine did the same thing at first. If you loosen the herc slightly it will work. Seems like it makes bad connection. I believe G said something about fixing that on v2

tharealmclovin,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Sorry if this is a bit out of place; read through about 100 pages with no mention of what I'm looking for.

Do we have a comparison between the Persei and the v2.5 + HVD? Pros vs Cons.

I'm on the fence between the two. I know I won't utilize the double cart function much. I love the idea of the mini-function with the HVD. Stealth is strong preference, but I don't want to sacrifice power, battery life, and versatility in cart use.

Does the v2.5+HVD perform the same at 7.4 as the Persei? Are the battery lives similar?

Also, with an SS kit, can the Persei still put out 7.4 or is just 3.7?

Any overall differences in performance with the two devices plus kits, or are they on equal footing when you add the HVD kit to the v2.5, and the SS Kit to the Persei?

Atomsk,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Sorry if this is a bit out of place; read through about 100 pages with no mention of what I'm looking for.

Do we have a comparison between the Persei and the v2.5 + HVD? Pros vs Cons.

I'm on the fence between the two. I know I won't utilize the double cart function much. I love the idea of the mini-function with the HVD. Stealth is strong preference, but I don't want to sacrifice power, battery life, and versatility in cart use.

Does the v2.5+HVD perform the same at 7.4 as the Persei? Are the battery lives similar?

Also, with an SS kit, can the Persei still put out 7.4 or is just 3.7?

Any overall differences in performance with the two devices plus kits, or are they on equal footing when you add the HVD kit to the v2.5, and the SS Kit to the Persei?

Good question.
I started out with the PERSEI and had a bit of a learning curve however I love it now so I bought a 2nd one. One day I would like to buy the OMNI + HVD however for now I'm still working on mastering the PERSEI.

With the SS kit it will only enhance a already very powerful medical device.

The best person to ask would be BOB or OF as they have one of everything!

With DELTA NINE products you will be on the upper end of vaporizing whatever device you choose.

The PERSIE is the 911 and the other would be the BOXER as I see it!

ataxian,
Reactions: Atomsk

OF

Mine did the same thing at first. If you loosen the herc slightly it will work. Seems like it makes bad connection. I believe G said something about fixing that on v2

Thanks but I don't think that's what's going on. I checked for it.

I also checked it on my tester kluge. There it (the kluge) connects to the Iris directly (with an adapter) and can be used to check under no load and with different loads added to the kluge (not the Iris). In this case mine seems OK with higher resistance loads, but 1.2 Ohms faults it out.

You're able to run a 3.7 Volt Hercules with your Iris?

TIA

Not even close. Omicron can't deal with the heavier loads (Hercules, Bender, etc) that Persei was created for. Even when 'fighting within it's weight', Omicron will have a small fraction of the battery life....maybe 1/4th?

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

Yes my 3.7 herc works on it but I have to have it backed out about a whole thread. This makes it wobble, so when I do the Vito shake method, it loses contact.

But on a positive note...Now my Omicron has my 3.7 herc on it, so it's not collecting dust anymore.. :D

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

OF

Yes my 3.7 herc works on it but I have to have it backed out about a whole thread.

Thanks. I don't think that's what's going on with me, the connection I'm changing is 3 inches away on another piece of gear. The Iris is screwed into it (and stays there), loads can be changed at the socket on the other side. 2.4, 1.5, and 1.4 Ohms work, 1.2 doesn't......

Perhaps G will respond with the low resistance cut off number, perhaps my Iris is sick?

Thanks again for the additional information.

OF

Authrom

I am hoping that some of you here who have had first hand experience can help me make some decisions. I would love to find a vape that does oils and herbs and I have read that this one can do it with the Hercules attachment.

How does vaping herb from this attachment compare to other portable vapes such as the inhalator, pax, or solo?? Same amount of vapor? How is the taste as well compared to either of these vapes? I will be vaping mostly herb and some oils when I can get my hands on them so knowing the quality of vapor from the hercules compared to a exclusively herb vape is important to me. I do not want to get the attachment if it cannot replace one of the above vaporizers.

Cliffnotess: How does the Persei with the herb vape compare to other herb only vaporizers??(Inhaltator XP, Pax, or Solo)

Also sorry if this has been discussed, I have only really seen issues about the hercules not anyone giving direct comparisons.

Authrom,

VapeStL

Is the latest version of the Hercules available to purchase? Guess what I mean is are the ones available now going to suffer the leaks & what not? I'd like to give one a go, but can certainly wait if d9 is still a ways off from finalizing the design & construction.

thx

VapeStL,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Iam hoping on new.oil tanks, that can do thick waxes , like a nail cartridge / nail tank

BLAZING OG,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Iam hoping on new.oil tanks, that can do thick waxes , like a nail cartridge / nail tank

Interesting. I find the Hercules to be just that. It can be used conservatively, but I usually pack a fat dab into one of the tanks and take massive nail sized rips. About 30 seconds heat up time and then as long of a pull as I can possibly muster (all while holding down the button). I'm just waiting on the new heater cores that won't allow oil to seep underneath.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Not even close. Omicron can't deal with the heavier loads (Hercules, Bender, etc) that Persei was created for. Even when 'fighting within it's weight', Omicron will have a small fraction of the battery life....maybe 1/4th?

OF

Thanks for that, OF. It's great you're always helping out.

Did you happen to know what the specs are with the Persei SS kit in terms of voltage capability, size in comparison with regular Persei, and performance?

Atomsk,

OF

Thanks for that, OF. It's great you're always helping out.

Did you happen to know what the specs are with the Persei SS kit in terms of voltage capability, size in comparison with regular Persei, and performance?

You're welcome.

Sorry, I haven't looked into it all that much. I think it's basically limited to 3.7 Volts on your second unit.

The idea is you start with a Persei, which comes with two heads (a single and a dual) both with 7.4 Volt capability when running two 18350s. The kit lets you build either a 18650 powered second Persei with your other head (slightly shorter in that there's no adjustment for the longer 2X18350 pack) or you can go for a mini Persei (again at 3.7 Volts) using a single 18350 in the shortest tube. The kit includes a second end cap which you'll need in either event.

Basically it's a way to make a second Persei on the cheap. And you get a mini in the bargain.

OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Many thanks OF!

From what I've been reading PureGold is the best to put in most cartridges. Is this an oil grade, or PureGold by TetraLabs? Sorry for the noob spam, I'm excited to be getting my Chrome Persei soon and am trying to find a decent oil to fill it with from some dispensary here in SD.

Atomsk,

kevin

Many thanks OF!

From what I've been reading PureGold is the best to put in most cartridges. Is this an oil grade, or PureGold by TetraLabs? Sorry for the noob spam, I'm excited to be getting my Chrome Persei soon and am trying to find a decent oil to fill it with from some dispensary here in SD.

I don't agree W/that, PG is very easy to load and many poeple like the PG BUT the carts have a leaking problem W/PG. G is working on a new cart for PG now the 1701's which should be out soon. PG is way to pricey to have it leaking out of your carts.
If I were you I would find a medium thick high grade oil the waxes are alittle harder to load but work fine. I would start W/3.7V Persei and 2.4Ohm cart this is by far the best setup to learn on, save you time money and fustration. Learn to load your carts and get use to the Persei then move on up to 7.4V @ 5 Ohm and have fun. Remmeber when loading to warm the cart in the middle to help W/air locks and keep heat as low as needed. Don't get lower 1/2" hot this will make the lower seal leak for sure, easy on the power button until you get the feel.
I know you don't want to but, baby steps!
Good Luck
Kevin

kevin,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom