Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
have been waiting for this since before i got my persei! mobius tomorrow and hercules and iris soon to follow. damn my wallet is suffering, lol. am on to d9 to get my preo-order in!

EDiT - nice milkshot mclovin!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Bugsy

VapeHare
The Bender I ordered should be delivered any day now and I was thinking of ordering a hammer top to go with it. With the Iris top now available I'm not sure what I should do. Any thoughts? I ordered a hercules as well today.

Bugsy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
The Bender I ordered should be delivered any day now and I was thinking of ordering a hammer top to go with it. With the Iris top now available I'm not sure what I should do. Any thoughts? I ordered a hercules as well today.
i personally would go Iris. the hammer top is burly and awesome, but 60% is a huge disc. so i'd get it now. i guess if durability is ur primary concern (and with their warranty it shouldn't really be too much) then go hammer top, if function and the ability to dial in the perfect voltage for any cart and any concentrate matter more, go Iris. my two cents

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: NoName

kendo916

i ordered the persei the hercules and the hammer and the 18350 aw imr 700 mah batteries.....what are the difference between the 700 mah and the 800 mah batts... anything else i should get? maybe the iris top?

kendo916,

Bugsy

VapeHare
i personally would go Iris. the hammer top is burly and awesome, but 60% is a huge disc. so i'd get it now. i guess if durability is ur primary concern (and with their warranty it shouldn't really be too much) then go hammer top, if function and the ability to dial in the perfect voltage for any cart and any concentrate matter more, go Iris. my two cents
Thanks for the advise Bob

OF

Sold! How can I say no to a $52 VV top from D9!

OK G, I hope Santa is bringing me a Stainless Steel Persei with a matching V2 Iris top!

How do you do that? I tried "The Iris for 60% off", no discount. Using "The Iris" as suggested gets 40% off (costs $75 not $50)?

TIA

OF

OF,

kendo916

50 percent is 65$ so it should be cheaper then 65$ if its 60% off right?
How do you do that? I tried "The Iris for 60% off", no discount. Using "The Iris" as suggested gets 40% off (costs $75 not $50)?

TIA

OF

kendo916,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Cart ItemsQtyItem PriceItem Total
Iris Variable Voltage Persei Top
(Expected release date is 15th Nov 2012)

Subtotal:$129.99 USD
Coupon Code (The Iris):-$77.99 USD
Shipping:$5.50 USD
Handling:$2.99 USD
Grand Total:$60.49 USD
this is what my purchase looked like

Krazzykid

G, I have a few questions. In the video at about 7:55 you said you have to give it time to constitute the wick, what is the wick? Is it replaceable? I thought the hercules was supposed to be a wickless design. If it does have a wick then what keeps it from fouling out like the regular carts? I'm just curious what this wick is.

Krazzykid,

OF

50 percent is 65$ so it should be cheaper then 65$ if its 60% off right?

Yup, that's my understanding of math as well, 60% off is 40% left and 40% is supposed to be less than 50% (half)....... Which is why I stopped, tried a few times, and posted the question.

Just tried it $77.99 off, $52 final price

Yup, just did so for me, thanks to all. I ran it twice (same results) an tried "The Iris for 60% off" which doesn't work (but came back and told me the discount was applied, final price $130.

Anyway, problem resolved. Most likely headspace error on my end.....

Cart ItemsQtyItem PriceItem Total
Iris Variable Voltage Persei Top
(Expected release date is 15th Nov 2012)

Subtotal:$129.99 USD
Coupon Code (The Iris):-$77.99 USD
Shipping:$5.50 USD
Handling:$2.99 USD
Grand Total:$60.49 USD
this is what my purchase looked like

Thanks, Bob, mine did eventually too. I never doubted it could happen, someone said that it did in fact, I just couldn't make it work at the time. Still not sure why???

BTW I get to pay five bucks more since I live in the same state, then again, we get the cool concentrates in the dispensaries.....

Thanks again, guys.

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Yup, that's my understanding of math as well, 60% off is 40% left and 40% is supposed to be less than 50% (half)....... Which is why I stopped, tried a few times, and posted the question.

Yup, just did so for me, thanks to all. I ran it twice (same results) an tried "The Iris for 60% off" which doesn't work (but came back and told me the discount was applied, final price $130.

Anyway, problem resolved. Most likely headspace error on my end.....

Thanks, Bob, mine did eventually too. I never doubted it could happen, someone said that it did in fact, I just couldn't make it work at the time. Still not sure why???

BTW I get to pay five bucks more since I live in the same state, then again, we get the cool concentrates in the dispensaries.....

Thanks again, guys.

OF
cool, glad it worked out. i only put in "THe Iris", however, not "The Iris for 60% off" and my final price wasn't $130 as you said, it was $60 w/ all shipping and handling.
BTW, we don't have sales tax, that's where the extra dough comes in.
am very excited. glad these projects are finally making it off the line!

Bob Loblaw,

OF

BTW, we don't have sales tax, that's where the extra dough comes in.
am very excited. glad these projects are finally making it off the line!

Yup, tax (being in same state) was my point....I guess.

Not sure what went wrong, it may have been the 'use four times' thing? When I emptied the cart and started over it worked just fine the first (and only) time.

I too am glad the waiting is nearly over.

Thanks again.

OF

MaxVapor

The Professor
Trying to pre-order an Iris, but when I go to the cart the price shows up as 141.36 not 129.99. ???

EDIT: Whoops, hee, hee, it's the tax!

MaxVapor,

jpdnkstr

Glad you got everything worked out OF! I can't wait for the Iris, and I'm glad you're getting one too! I appreciate your opinion of products. How bout that Bender? It's my go-to flower vape at home (I don't use flowers much on the go) I'm really curious to run Bender on Iris, to dial in a steady temp! Let us know what you think about all this when you get your goodies!

jpdnkstr,

OF

How bout that Bender? It's my go-to flower vape at home (I don't use flowers much on the go) I'm really curious to run Bender on Iris, to dial in a steady temp! Let us know what you think about all this when you get your goodies!

No need to get it to try. Iris is a step down converter. The most it can put out is close to 7.4 Volts, basically what Persei does with the same batteries and load. Or less.

From messing with my Bender, more might be good, less will not improve anything I can fathom. It might be useful if you got two ranges and a rapid switch between them so you could use full blast to get to temperature then switch to your preset power rather than trying to 'feather the switch' to maintain vapor production.

In the end I think Persei tops, being a little shorter and simpler to use, will be the call for me with Bender. Omicron carts is where I'm looking for some improvement (I keep going back and forth on VV heads.....).

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
No need to get it to try. Iris is a step down converter. The most it can put out is close to 7.4 Volts, basically what Persei does with the same batteries and load. Or less.

From messing with my Bender, more might be good, less will not improve anything I can fathom. It might be useful if you got two ranges and a rapid switch between them so you could use full blast to get to temperature then switch to your preset power rather than trying to 'feather the switch' to maintain vapor production.

In the end I think Persei tops, being a little shorter and simpler to use, will be the call for me with Bender. Omicron carts is where I'm looking for some improvement (I keep going back and forth on VV heads.....).

OF

what is a vv head?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

yes but what device?

Several, actually. I've got a couple of LRiders (Lava tube). I also like the smaller Ego Twist (also a fave of NDA I believe?). In the past I've used a bench supply directly.

I find them most useful at under driving Omicron carts. Keeping 2.4s to 3 Volts when full of PG for instance. Or running 4 and 5 Ohmers at more reasonable power levels than you get at 7.4 Volts.

FWIW I like the LRider for what it is, but understand it's a buck/boost regulator and you're big on step down. I prefer a single larger LV battery to a smaller HV pack with multiple cells.....for a couple of reasons. Perhaps Iris will change my mind on that one.

OF

davidwu

Will the Hercules have the proprietary thread only or will you make it available in a standard 510?

davidwu,
Several, actually. I've got a couple of LRiders (Lava tube). I also like the smaller Ego Twist (also a fave of NDA I believe?). In the past I've used a bench supply directly.

I find them most useful at under driving Omicron carts. Keeping 2.4s to 3 Volts when full of PG for instance. Or running 4 and 5 Ohmers at more reasonable power levels than you get at 7.4 Volts.

FWIW I like the LRider for what it is, but understand it's a buck/boost regulator and you're big on step down. I prefer a single larger LV battery to a smaller HV pack with multiple cells.....for a couple of reasons. Perhaps Iris will change my mind on that one.

OF
Quite correct - I really like the smaller Twist, though I use it exclusively (now) for my TV DARTs, I also have several Lavatubes (they're cheap - I've paid $32 to $42 for each) that work great for Omi carts of various resistances (having _many_ available allows me to avoid, more so, overheating by alternating between two, three or more in a session).

NOTE: The L-Rider electronics are NOT buck-boost but are in fact a fixed ratio boost convertor (to 6.2v) followed by a PWM (effectively "buck") stage.

On the market, beside the expensive Provari, are the newer L-Rider Lambo (latest version adds Ohm readout like the clones), the Smoktech VMax (twin 18350s buck design), the Smoktech Gripper VV (boost-buck with an 18650), the Hello Gripper VV (buck design with dual 18350s), the Joyetech and Hello Twists and a ton of box mods from ecig stores. Personally, I suspect the next one I'm tempted to try is the Smoktech Gripper VV, since it claims a 4 Amp current limit at 6v (i.e. 24w)

-NDA

Top Bottom