Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DubCRider

The button is designed that way so it doesn't go off in your pocket. That mod makes it easier but more likely to pushed without notice.

DubCRider,

bruno13

insomniac
The button is designed that way so it doesn't go off in your pocket. That mod makes it easier but more likely to pushed without notice.

Lucky for me I never put it in my pocket. :) If I do need to I will throw on the double top. It also stops my beautiful persei from rolling off the table.

bruno13,

JoeKickass

Lucky for me I never put it in my pocket. :) If I do need to I will throw on the double top. It also stops my beautiful persei from rolling off the table.

My double top is just as round as my single top...

I've actually traveled with the Persei a bunch and will continue to do so until the v2 HVD upgrade comes out lol. I use a rubber mouthpiece with a mflb acrylic tube so, fully assembled, it would be pretty visible in the pocket though...

My favorite method is simply unscrew & take off the cart. The persei body and cart/mflb stem are basically the same length so they always end up side by side in my pocket.

JoeKickass,

Adobewan

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that G has had a personal emergency and won't be available/back on the forums till May 7th.
Let's all wish him well.
Any tech issues, please submit a ticket at delta9vapes.com as usual.

Adobewan,

OF

My double top is just as round as my single top...

I don't doubt it for a minute. So is Bruno"s I bet. I think his point was the tall button keeps if from rolling and he will switch the (unsafe) single to the (safe) double for carry should that ever happen. He could, as you point out also remove his cart.

Such options. How cool is that?

OF

OF,
Reactions: bruno13

bluesurfboy

YEsterday, I made a batch of oil, way too much in fact, But I got to thinking and know there is quite a community of oil lovers here.

IMG_20120430_075734.jpg

I'll prob be good with the couple grams of fresh purged oil on the left, Ill be purging the over OZ of the fresh batch today, but then I dont know how good i feel about doing all tht hard work then handing over what i cannot use to a club at for cheap so they can just mark it up again. If imma sell it cheap, rather sell straight to local patients (Am i the only one that thinks like this?) ..... anyways, getting a list of co-ops together.

What to do, suggestions/ideas/dispensaries that always seek concentrates?

bluesurfboy,
Most dispensaries are always looking for high grade extract. If you are in the SJ area may I suggest Palliative Health Center.

EastBayHighAllDay,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
I understand that MM patients in the Bay Area often connect with each other directly (bypassing dispensaries) via Craigslist.
But that is, of course, outside of the normal "legal" channels I gather. Although folks do seem to be asking for your Dr. recommendation in order to work things out. Use at your own risk.

Sinclue,

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer
Edit: Yes it is in fact a Blue Persei body... good eyes and this VV LCD top is chrome and they will also be available in black to match the current Persei's main body.
P.V.

OF

Got some Persei pr0n to show of the VV LCD top. It currently displays volts, amps and resistance, so now you can test your carts when they are connected to the VV LCD top.
P.V.

Thanks for the photos. Looks like it adds maybe an inch to the length?

And it reads out resistance? How cool is that? Can you watch the value change as the cart heats? You should be able to you'd think......

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

And it reads out resistance? How cool is that? Can you watch the value change as the cart heats? You should be able to you'd think......

OF

wouldn't the current be the only thing that would change?

hatfieldsmama,

OF

wouldn't the current be the only thing that would change?

Well if the current changes (and I'm sure it does) and the voltage doesn't (because it's regulated) then the resistance has to have changed, right? Not even G can get around Ohm's law you know......

FYI alloys like I think are being used have changes in resistance with temperature. Ideally they have "positive temperature coefficients" (often abbreviated 'PTC') so that as the heat goes up, the resistance also goes up to throttle the current back some to compensate. If you have a NTC it's unstable and can 'run away' or 'hunt' under constant drive as the thermal load changes.

This is why, for example, your bathroom heater doesn't blow up when the line voltage at your house varies a lot.

If this unit reads that out directly as a changing resistance it's not only fun to watch but might even give a clue to what the real temperature is inside the coil (if there's enough resolution of course). This is the way you measure the working temperature in electric motors for instance. Copper alloys used commonly in wire have a TC (actually called 'alpha', even before THC used the name for a vape....) of about .004 (positive). This means for every degree C temperature in the motor rises, we expect a .4% rise in resistance. If we measure the cold motor at say 10.00 Ohms and it goes up to say 11.00, a 1.00 or 10% rise we're looking at a 25 degree C rise. If it started at 20 C it's now 45 C inside the coils. We might be able to do the same with our carts????

OF

PlanetHaze

Don't Vaporize The Planet !, Vaporize Yourself
Retailer

OF

It adds approx. 3/4" to the length and the values shown get selected by different sequences of button pushes. When G gets back, he will be able to fill us in on the technical abilities. Thanks for the great explanation above.
P.V.

PlanetHaze,

JoeKickass

It adds approx. 3/4" to the length and the values shown get selected by different sequences of button pushes. When G gets back, he will be able to fill us in on the technical abilities. Thanks for the great explanation above.
P.V.

The blue backlight looks pretty bright... can you turn it off or is it easy to cover the face with your hand?

JoeKickass,

OF

The blue backlight looks pretty bright... can you turn it off or is it easy to cover the face with your hand?

Good point, Joe. Again. Not very stealth for sure. For some no issue but for low profile it's about as useful as that big old blue light on the bottom of the Atmos RX. Unfortunately I'll give you odds there's no easy way to turn the lights off (there's one on the button, too).

Hopefully I'm wrong (it happens more and more often....), or it can be added quickly? Brings to mind one of my favorite R&D cop outs, 'that's not a big deal, we'll fix it in software'. In this case, the hardware also needs to support it of course.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom