Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

OF, if there are 2 Gary's that matter and u met them, well did you meet two Mince's also?? :)
Sry, couldn't help it with all the cartoon references around here.

Sorry, I guess I don't spend enough time with cartoons. No, wait, I'm sure I don't. It probably shows. There goes the 'well rounded man' award again......

There are two Garys however. G and the fellow that handles communications. Both seem good sorts to me, but very different and hardly interchangable.....well near as I can tell.

That's actually pretty epic! :tup:

I thought it was a good offer, open to those who bought from them in the first place (IIRC had to find the PO number for them). I saved shipping back and they didn't build up a pile of dead, dying and used gear they'd have no need for. Not to mention potential legal issues. Talk to folks 'in the business' most will tell you horror stories of folks sending them contaminated gear in the mails. My guess is they want to stay out of jail, at least one has told me that he's been advised to change policy and immediately notify the heat to avoid legal traps.

I think the PV trade in is $75, IIRC.

OK, I just checked, you're absolutely right. Your memory is obviously better than mine, try more drugs.....

Thanks for keeping me honest, sometimes a full time job. Sometimes for more than one guy.....

OF

JoeKickass

Talk to folks 'in the business' most will tell you horror stories of folks sending them contaminated gear in the mails. My guess is they want to stay out of jail, at least one has told me that he's been advised to change policy and immediately notify the heat to avoid legal traps.

That sounds like policeman advice to me... I could be wrong but if you didn't specifically request drugs to be mailed to you, why is the recipient in trouble for disposing of the drugs? Seems to me like there is a lot greater chance of getting in trouble if you get the police involved...

"Oh hello officer can you come over here and grab a bunch of hash oil from me? But I swear I don't know why people keep mailing it to me..." :uhoh:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
OK, I just checked, you're absolutely right. Your memory is obviously better than mine, try more drugs.....

Thanks for keeping me honest, sometimes a full time job. Sometimes for more than one guy.....

OF
i thought about saying something, but figured it was someone else's turn ;P

Bob Loblaw,

VAPORIZER22

Sorry, I guess I don't spend enough time with cartoons. No, wait, I'm sure I don't. It probably shows. There goes the 'well rounded man' award again......

There are two Garys however. G and the fellow that handles communications. Both seem good sorts to me, but very different and hardly interchangable.....well near as I can tell.

I thought it was a good offer, open to those who bought from them in the first place (IIRC had to find the PO number for them). I saved shipping back and they didn't build up a pile of dead, dying and used gear they'd have no need for. Not to mention potential legal issues. Talk to folks 'in the business' most will tell you horror stories of folks sending them contaminated gear in the mails. My guess is they want to stay out of jail, at least one has told me that he's been advised to change policy and immediately notify the heat to avoid legal traps.

OF

No thanks, I say no to drugs, I knew Nancy R. would be good for something.

I would try more herb but only seems to help my memory, I am cursed...

VAPORIZER22,

OF

just found some clear, HIGH TEMP (looking at you OF) tubing for attaching these suckers to water pieces.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/3-8-clear-hi-temp-tubing.html
not sure if this was ever solved b4. i know some people had opaque food grade vinyl and stuff, but thought this woud be tits in terms of safety and visibility. with a silicone tip all should be perfect.

Didn't I just answer this one? Better than Lowe's for sure but I like this stuff, it's good for hotter than we go:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

Cool, at any rate.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Remember the hammer shines best on the pass through, and we will also have a hammer coming out that will get up to 1200F Just the device not the top.
never got word back on if the passthrough is coming w/ the hammer, as was originally anounced.
didn't see it in the picture.
TIA
Bob

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Didn't I just answer this one? Better than Lowe's for sure but I like this stuff, it's good for hotter than we go:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=23884&catid=799

Cool, at any rate.

OF
different thread. i like the stuff i posted 'cuz it's clear. the vinyl and silicone u guys are using is great and all, but i like to see what my vape is doing b4 it hits the water piece. am able to control draw and get thick hits better.

Bob Loblaw,

SlideOrDie

4ohm Tester Cart Update:

NOTE**Throughout testing I've limited myself and everyone else to .5-2 second button presses then pause until you see the vapor clear the small glass tube I have as a mouthpiece. Five or so of these and you usually get a pretty good hit. The vapor is thick and instant with the 4ohm carts at 7.4v but they get hot really fast, so I knew I had to be careful.

I received my package on Tuesday after it took what seemed like forever to clear customs. Opened it up and began getting started. Checked for glow and grabbed my scale to document the empty weight of the carts. Three weighed 7.5g when empty, one 7.6g and one 7.8g. I preheated the first cart and fill tool a bit and began loading with 0.6g of Bubba Kush wax. I angled the cart a bit so half of the fill tool openings on either side stayed open while filling. Once it was all loaded I heated the the top bit of the cart lightly with the torch while rotating it between my fingers to make sure the wax had properly loaded. Popped in the 18650 and went on to prime at 3.7v. The wick taste was still present while priming but it was not anywhere near as noticeable as it was on the 5ohm cart which I had filled earlier in the day. The cart primed quite quickly at 3.7v and started to produce a good amount of tasty vapor still with a faint wick taste. Popped in the not fully charged 18350's and let it rip at 7.4v... about 0.4g later and the taste is pretty much gone when I compare it to my old cart. I've gone through about a half gram total in this sit-down so I think it's time to have a snack and load another 0.5 in the test cart to see if I can get rid of the wick taste for good.

After taking a quick break and filling the cart for the second time it is weighing in at 8.2g. I've been hitting the test cart and the 5ohm back to back while the opposite cart cools for the past hour or two. I can confidently say that most of the taste is now gone from the test cart but the 5ohm still tastes pretty bad. I'm down to 7.7g on the cart and the vapor seems to be running a little thin, so I am going to take another break and load a bit more.

Back again, a friend dropped by and I've already filled the cart and we're sitting at 8.3g. After both of us hit the cart on and off for an hour or so We're not sure whether or not we can taste anything in the test cart anymore. We've gone through about 0.4g and my buddy is so medicated he might need to sleep it off haha.

Testing the carts again in the morning proved there was still a faint wick taste in the test cart. The 5ohm cart however, still tasted heavily of wick.

It's now night #2 and I've reloaded twice already today. I'm still on the first cart and just over 3g into the 5 or 6g of Bubba wax I made. I can gladly say that the wick taste is pretty much completely gone. Taste is amazing now... I'm so medicated it's time for some dinner... then onto more testing.

A friend stopped by before dinner quickly and checked out the Persei. We ripped on it for a half hour or so until the vapor wore thin. He tried both the test cart and the normal older 5ohm and he said hands down the test cart tastes amazing compared to the 5ohm but still not as clean as off of a quartz nail. Now I really need some food and to reload the cart.

Passed out last night before I could make dinner. Reloaded the cart in the morning with another 0.6g of the Bubba wax. Been vaping on and off again throughout the day and it's nearly empty. The same friend who was over the previous night called and wanted to bring one of his friends by to try it. I had to reload before 3 people ripped on the Persei.

For the next hour the three of us easily demolished another 0.6g. I had my buddies friend try both the test cart and the older 5ohm and even he said there wasn't really any unfamiliar taste in the test cart. He has never used an Omicron or Persei before and is used to ripping BHO off of a quartz nail.

When everyone was gone I loaded the rest of the Bubba wax and figured I'd make dinner since I had to charge all 3 sets of my 18350's. I tried the 18650 while I was making dinner with the test cart and it produced much thinner tastier vapor that felt light on the lungs.

After dinner, once the first set of 18350's were done, I threw the second set on the charger and popped the charged set back in the Persei. Ripped on it off and on throughout the night while watching Chronicle... definitely an interesting movie to see while medicated lol.

Woke up this morning (Friday) and finished the cart off. There was absolutely no wick taste or anything unfamiliar.

If the other 4 test carts are anything like the first, I'd definitely say mission accomplished THC!

P.S. This was written while heavily medicated, I hope it all makes sense :)

4ohm Tester Cart Update:

NOTE**Throughout testing I've limited myself and everyone else to .5-2 second button presses then pause until you see the vapor clear the small glass tube I have as a mouthpiece. Five or so of these and you usually get a pretty good hit. The vapor is thick and instant with the 4ohm carts at 7.4v but they get hot really fast, so I knew I had to be careful.

I received my package on Tuesday after it took what seemed like forever to clear customs. Opened it up and began getting started. Checked for glow and grabbed my scale to document the empty weight of the carts. Three weighed 7.5g when empty, one 7.6g and one 7.8g. I preheated the first cart and fill tool a bit and began loading with 0.6g of Bubba Kush wax. I angled the cart a bit so half of the fill tool openings on either side stayed open while filling. Once it was all loaded I heated the the top bit of the cart lightly with the torch while rotating it between my fingers to make sure the wax had properly loaded. Popped in the 18650 and went on to prime at 3.7v. The wick taste was still present while priming but it was not anywhere near as noticeable as it was on the 5ohm cart which I had filled earlier in the day. The cart primed quite quickly at 3.7v and started to produce a good amount of tasty vapor still with a faint wick taste. Popped in the not fully charged 18350's and let it rip at 7.4v... about 0.4g later and the taste is pretty much gone when I compare it to my old cart. I've gone through about a half gram total in this sit-down so I think it's time to have a snack and load another 0.5 in the test cart to see if I can get rid of the wick taste for good.

After taking a quick break and filling the cart for the second time it is weighing in at 8.2g. I've been hitting the test cart and the 5ohm back to back while the opposite cart cools for the past hour or two. I can confidently say that most of the taste is now gone from the test cart but the 5ohm still tastes pretty bad. I'm down to 7.7g on the cart and the vapor seems to be running a little thin, so I am going to take another break and load a bit more.

Back again, a friend dropped by and I've already filled the cart and we're sitting at 8.3g. After both of us hit the cart on and off for an hour or so We're not sure whether or not we can taste anything in the test cart anymore. We've gone through about 0.4g and my buddy is so medicated he might need to sleep it off haha.

Testing the carts again in the morning proved there was still a faint wick taste in the test cart. The 5ohm cart however, still tasted heavily of wick.

It's now night #2 and I've reloaded twice already today. I'm still on the first cart and just over 3g into the 5 or 6g of Bubba wax I made. I can gladly say that the wick taste is pretty much completely gone. Taste is amazing now... I'm so medicated it's time for some dinner... then onto more testing.

A friend stopped by before dinner quickly and checked out the Persei. We ripped on it for a half hour or so until the vapor wore thin. He tried both the test cart and the normal older 5ohm and he said hands down the test cart tastes amazing compared to the 5ohm but still not as clean as off of a quartz nail. Now I really need some food and to reload the cart.

Passed out last night before I could make dinner. Reloaded the cart in the morning with another 0.6g of the Bubba wax. Been vaping on and off again throughout the day and it's nearly empty. The same friend who was over the previous night called and wanted to bring one of his friends by to try it. I had to reload before 3 people ripped on the Persei.

For the next hour the three of us easily demolished another 0.6g. I had my buddies friend try both the test cart and the older 5ohm and even he said there wasn't really any unfamiliar taste in the test cart. He has never used an Omicron or Persei before and is used to ripping BHO off of a quartz nail.

When everyone was gone I loaded the rest of the Bubba wax and figured I'd make dinner since I had to charge all 3 sets of my 18350's. I tried the 18650 while I was making dinner with the test cart and it produced much thinner tastier vapor that felt light on the lungs.

After dinner, once the first set of 18350's were done, I threw the second set on the charger and popped the charged set back in the Persei. Ripped on it off and on throughout the night while watching Chronicle... definitely an interesting movie to see while medicated lol.

Woke up this morning (Friday) and finished the cart off. There was absolutely no wick taste or anything unfamiliar.

If the other 4 test carts are anything like the first, I'd definitely say mission accomplished THC!

Nice review... Very thorough.
And I think you accomplished as much testing in a couple days, that I have accomplished in 2 weeks in three carts. Must have been some fun testing, I don't think I'm capable of testing more than .2/.3 per day....nice work.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
never got word back on if the passthrough is coming w/ the hammer, as was originally anounced.
didn't see it in the picture.
TIA
Bob

The pass through does not come with The Hammer, it is still being prototyped out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Glad we can fix one of the issues, brotha and it makes sense all of it. Now on to second and the last issue and we are done.

4ohm Tester Cart Update:

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
4ohm Tester Cart Update:

Damn dude, that's some heavy consumption. I've only reloaded one of my test carts and that's because it leaked most of the contents.

I know have three out of four leaking. #3 and #4 were filled with the same type of wax and #4 is leaking like 1 & 2. I've been leaving them on their sides when not in use, but it makes them a bitch to prime.

Taste issues seem to have been solved, but leaking has been more of a problem with these than any other carts (of any ohm range) I've had.

Will be filling and testing last one this weekend.

Sinclue,
I haven't had 1 leak Yet, out of the three I've tested thus far. I think the type of meds really plays a factor, along with how long a cart sits in between use.

havealight101,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Yeah< I think my oil is too thick to leak out. So far no leaks, test carts still running strong on 6v and still on first load. The oil is a bit of a head spin for me, so I have to be choosy on when to use it, and how much depending on what I need to get done after using it. I usually wait until the evening or as a night cap.

jambandphan03,

Lupe420

Lupe420,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
just found some clear, HIGH TEMP (looking at you OF) tubing for attaching these suckers to water pieces.
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/3-8-clear-hi-temp-tubing.html
not sure if this was ever solved b4. i know some people had opaque food grade vinyl and stuff, but thought this woud be tits in terms of safety and visibility. with a silicone tip all should be perfect.

Don't know much about this - but it says HIGH TEMP... 212 Deg F

212F = 100C

Vaporization starts at about 180C, almost double that, so the vapor can possibly melt the tubing?

EDIT: I bought the 7th Floor tubing b4, it was pretty cheap...

sessnet,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Don't know much about this - but it says HIGH TEMP... 212 Deg F

212F = 100C

Vaporization starts at about 180C, almost double that, so the vapor can possibly melt the tubing?

EDIT: I bought the 7th Floor tubing b4, it was pretty cheap...
yea, but ur not vaping the tubing straight. that's why you affix it to ur silicone mouthpiece so it doesn't get hot on the cart. am getting a laser thermometer so i will test it out when the both come. keep ya updated

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: rufrothy
Top Bottom