Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

JoeKickass

Didn't preoxidize, must've missed that part in the manual.:bang: I was timing my hits as per the instructions. Never more than 3 seconds at 7.4v. At first they were thick clouds but taste was funny, that went away but the hits started getting whispy and clogging occured. Perhaps I wasn't letting the unit cool down enough in between hits. :huh:

Go ahead and answer thc but yeah it does sound to me like the cart got too hot. If the wick inside gets too hot it vapes off all the oil in the middle and can't saturate from the ends fast enough. You basically end up with wisps of vape and a lot of hot air...

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Go ahead and answer thc but yeah it does sound to me like the cart got too hot. If the wick inside gets too hot it vapes off all the oil in the middle and can't saturate from the ends fast enough. You basically end up with wisps of vape and a lot of hot air...

Most likely this is what happened.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Friar

How Much was loaded.

800 mg. Seeing as how both my top units are defective I'm just gonna return the entire thing and get a new one. Kinda sucks cause I'm in Canada and shipping isn't cheap. I bought this less than 2 weeks ago from Planet Vape, can I just send it back to them to make it easier?

Friar,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
To THCSci:

Sorry for the FAQ but just want to gather info.

1. What is the difference between alpha and persei?
2. In the end will they both have the same features (via upgrades/attachments, etc)?
3. V1/V2/V3 carts, differences? I DID SEARCH. i see v1, the testers (v1.5/v2?) and then saw somewhere V3.
4. LCD top (Iris), is for what EXACT purpose? Vaping trates and leaf, or just supreme temperature control?
5. Drop date on new carts and alpha?

From what i understand alpha is the supreme ruler. the badass of the crew. But, in what ways is it different? I know the secrets keep us intrigued, but the confusion keeps some at bay. Myself, for one, would love a persei. but until i understand how it is "the better" choice, i sit waiting. If clogging is an issue, then why not wait until new "clog-less" carts come out. Why spend the bills now, when later you can buy your set and be done? Im open to understanding and responses, Ive had experience with many vapes (worked at a large glass shop, no name needed), and i see this is the best there is. Just some more info on these subjects. Ive read from page one, until here. very few posts made, but ive read. I refresh daily to read up on news, but my questions hang unfulfilled.

Porquiplane,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
can anyone who is better with the search function help me find the pic of the persei, omicron 1 & 2, and o-phos side by side?
edit - nvmd, google did it for me

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
To THCSci:

Sorry for the FAQ but just want to gather info.

1. What is the difference between alpha and persei?
2. In the end will they both have the same features (via upgrades/attachments, etc)?
3. V1/V2/V3 carts, differences? I DID SEARCH. i see v1, the testers (v1.5/v2?) and then saw somewhere V3.
4. LCD top (Iris), is for what EXACT purpose? Vaping trates and leaf, or just supreme temperature control?
5. Drop date on new carts and alpha?

From what i understand alpha is the supreme ruler. the badass of the crew. But, in what ways is it different? I know the secrets keep us intrigued, but the confusion keeps some at bay. Myself, for one, would love a persei. but until i understand how it is "the better" choice, i sit waiting. If clogging is an issue, then why not wait until new "clog-less" carts come out. Why spend the bills now, when later you can buy your set and be done? Im open to understanding and responses, Ive had experience with many vapes (worked at a large glass shop, no name needed), and i see this is the best there is. Just some more info on these subjects. Ive read from page one, until here. very few posts made, but ive read. I refresh daily to read up on news, but my questions hang unfulfilled.

We wont talk about the alpha prior to getting it sorted out.

v2 cart is a redesigned v1, and the v3 is something else.

LCD top is to control the voltage without changing anymore batteries.

Cant say drop dates.

SunnyHours

I'm a bit confused as well...
I'd like a to get a portable vape for flowers but it's unclear to me what I would need...is the 8 just a new top for the persei? or is it a complete unit just for flowers? and how does it differ from the Universe cart add on for the persei?

SunnyHours,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm a bit confused as well...
I'd like a to get a portable vape for flowers but it's unclear to me what I would need...is the 8 just a new top for the persei? or is it a complete unit just for flowers? and how does it differ from the Universe cart add on for the persei?

The 8 is a just the top for the Persei, it can control the temperature and all that good stuff, the Universe attachment is just a chamber that does not have a temperature controller it is regulated by hand.

druminfected

AM I THE LEAK MASTER?!?

I tried posting this during 4/20 so a lot of people missed it so here is the repost for THC and everyone.

I guess if you want to really test a cartridge you should come to me lol. :doh:

I don't know what it is, but all my carts have been leaking except the 2.4 ohms. The carts don't leak while I'm using them or 5 minutes after, but when I go to use them the next day I see on the bottom of the cart has oil leaking and I have to clean it all up ( i'm quite a pro at it now, but don't want to be if you know what I mean)

Please help me anyone, this is being really annoying cause I wake up in the morning to leaky carts and have to clean them up with my "leak tools" I've become a professional now, but don't want to be. I also use the same kind of oil, superpure HHO. The only thing next I can think of is different extracted oil, or just not have it so pure.

-Frustrated Leaky cart man

I also notice while drawing in, that it sometimes gets clogged in the airhole, and I use the needle method to clear it out but it doesn't even have any oil in the airhole tube.
cart_leak.jpg

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Can you call me tomorrow boss, ask for G and make sure its Little G you ask for.

Ill see whats up. This is a extraordinary case and im on it.

818-849-6133

11am pacific standard time.

AM I THE LEAK MASTER?!?

I tried posting this during 4/20 so a lot of people missed it so here is the repost for THC and everyone.

I don't know what it is, but all my carts have been leaking except the 2.4 ohms. The carts don't leak while I'm using them or 5 minutes after, but when I go to use them the next day I see on the bottom of the cart has oil leaking and I have to clean it all up ( i'm quite a pro at it now, but don't want to be if you know what I mean)

Please help me anyone, this is being really annoying cause I wake up in the morning to leaky carts and have to clean them up with my "leak tools" I've become a professional now, but don't want to be. I also use the same kind of oil, superpure HHO. The only thing next I can think of is different extracted oil, or just not have it so pure.

cart_leak.jpg

Darb

AM I THE LEAK MASTER?!?

I also notice while drawing in, that it sometimes gets clogged in the airhole, and I use the needle method to clear it out but it doesn't even have any oil in the airhole tube.
cart_leak.jpg

You're not alone. All of my carts have leaked. I thought it was something we had to deal with until the V2 carts come out.......

Darb,

druminfected

You're not alone. All of my carts have leaked. I thought it was something we had to deal with until the V2 carts come out.......

kinda glad i'm not the only one darb. being in IT person in the past, I always try and research and start from the simplest problem and go down the whole checklist, but yeh I don't know what it is. I only fill up carts to .5-.7 of oil now just because of this, but it still leaks. Only have a few things left that could be it, but will hopefully get this issue solved. I keep my cartridges in a shot glass now, and try to put carts that I used that night to not touch the bottom of the glass so I can reclaim oil from the leak, and seems to be the best way to reclaim so far if other peeps have this issue and want a good way to reclaim leaks.

druminfected,

JoeKickass

kinda glad i'm not the only one darb. being in IT person in the past, I always try and research and start from the simplest problem and go down the whole checklist, but yeh I don't know what it is. I only fill up carts to .5-.7 of oil now just because of this, but it still leaks. Only have a few things left that could be it, but will hopefully get this issue solved. I keep my cartridges in a shot glass now, and try to put carts that I used that night to not touch the bottom of the glass so I can reclaim oil from the leak, and seems to be the best way to reclaim so far if other peeps have this issue and want a good way to reclaim leaks.

Can you describe your drawing technique?

If it clogs do you hold the button? Or wait for it to cool and then draw kind of hard to draw the oil up out the top?

Do you keep drawing after a session to help cool the cart down?

JoeKickass,

jlesiki

Decided the ophos wasn't worth the $50 to upgrade from V1 and made up my mind to take the plunge on the Persei. After reading a few of the initial user reports, I am a little worried I might have some trouble at first. Anything I should be concerned about?

I had no trouble filling and priming the V1 cartridge, so I'm hoping that won't be much of an issue. Mostly just wondering if you guys recommend adding anything to that order?

I plan to use mostly for herbs as soon as the attachment comes out, so I'm not sure if I should order some extra carts, but seeing as quite a few people have had trouble at first, I might go ahead and add a few extras if you guys think there's a good chance I might need them.

jlesiki,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it should come w/ 2 5 ohms IIRC. should be plenty to start ya out.
planetvape has a combo pack (mix and match 5 carts) and is up there in ca with ya so shipping w/be cheaper, if ya do. my 2 cents

Bob Loblaw,

jlesiki

Yeah, thought about going through PV but after our12% tax, it pretty much cancels out the shipping. Plus they told me they would throw a replacement charger for my V1 in with my order. I'll probably end up giving my V1 to a friend or something, but at least it will be functional again.

OF

it should come w/ 2 5 ohms IIRC. should be plenty to start ya out.
planetvape has a combo pack (mix and match 5 carts) and is up there in ca with ya so shipping w/be cheaper, if ya do. my 2 cents

My brand new Persei came with 5 Ohm carts with makes sense to me. Let's face it, we're not real good at reading and following directions as a group. It's smarter, I think, to put the hardest to blow up cart in the box. If some new owner starts out with the two little batteries he'll be out of carts before he's in business for sure.

2.4s and 1.5s make sense to me if the owner will follow the guidelines. I also really like PV and their 'extra service'.

OF

OF,

OF

I don't have any experience with PV, but I am a little curious about what 'extra service' you are referring to...

They've been solid supporters of this forum from the start. Discounts, announcements, specials and so on. They had product for us when 'nobody' else did. Today they offer excellent prices, free shipping over $130 and no state sales tax. I'm 400 miles from THC yet the product from Canada is about 3 days later and 10% cheaper. They included filling funnels and instructions before THC did, months before in fact as soon as the 'cake tip' idea came up. A month or so back, at our suggestion, they introduced 'mix and match' cart values for the same $49 for five price. You can buy single carts from them in any value. Their V2 upgrade is $50 IIRC but you get to keep your V1s (they just cancel the warranty on 'em).

That enough? It is for me, more than enough. THC us a good source, of course, but a good dealer is a valuable resource and when working in partnership with the maker (THC) like they do I'm very happy to steer business their way.

Well they dont have a Gary working for them so i think hes talking about that.

They could have a Gary, I don't know them that well, but we've got the only two Garys in the business that really matter seems to me. I met 'em both.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue
OF, if there are 2 Gary's that matter and u met them, well did you meet two Mince's also?? :)
Sry, couldn't help it with all the cartoon references around here.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Top Bottom