Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jsnstanley

With my current mod setup, I find there is NO “button technique”. At the proper wattage level and draw it can plume nonstop with great flavor and very moderate consumption. This is also the .8 ohm rod, which may make the difference ?? (For battery performance.) The algorithm of the chip of say a DNA board as an example, is more accurate than most generically produced mods.

ryan8

Nano / Hammer / LSV / O-Phos / D020
I'm thinking of upgrading from an O-Phos to the Herc.

I have no idea what I'm doing but after doing some reading up, I'm thinking this is what I'll need to get going:

https://m.fasttech.com/products/303...-athena-envy-plus-75w-vw-tc-apv-box-mod#specs
https://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/hercules-oil-cartridge/
+ 18650 battery (LG HG2?) + charger

Am I missing anything/is there anything suboptimal about this combo? I like the "sideloading" configuration as anything else just looks kind of long to me, but I'm open to other options in a similar form factor. Probably looking to make the purchase in the next 2ish months or so, so I think that may rule out the upcoming Persei.

Thanks!

elmoe420

I'm thinking of upgrading from an O-Phos to the Herc.

I have no idea what I'm doing but after doing some reading up, I'm thinking this is what I'll need to get going:

https://m.fasttech.com/products/303...-athena-envy-plus-75w-vw-tc-apv-box-mod#specs
https://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/hercules-oil-cartridge/
+ 18650 battery (LG HG2?) + charger

Am I missing anything/is there anything suboptimal about this combo? I like the "sideloading" configuration as anything else just looks kind of long to me, but I'm open to other options in a similar form factor. Probably looking to make the purchase in the next 2ish months or so, so I think that may rule out the upcoming Persei.

Thanks!

Looks good except I don't have the Envy myself. Also keep in mind you can get an AW IMR 18650 and good charger from W9 if you are ordering the Hercules direct from them anyway.

OC513

Dabaholic
Well I am about a month and a half into using my Herc and I am just continually blown away but what it does. The taste, hit size, amount it holds and the way it vaporizes is just so far above any other cart I have used. Been vaping concentrates exclusively since '09 and kick myself everyday for waiting so long to grab a Herc. If you are on the fence or just thinking about one JUST DO IT. I have now pushed 4 buddies to buy them and all are blown away, 1 even gave up his rig. Kudos to you Gary and Sam thanks for all the help and quality posts that pushed me to but one, I couldnt be happier.

elmoe420

I saw it a million times in other posts, but I hadn't realized how liberating the "you're pretty much done buying replacement parts and other shit" part of the herc is.

Now my problem is that I feel like I need two, one for sativas and one for indicas, but that way lies madness..

Haha I eventually convinced myself I needed both an SR-71 and SR-74. Honestly though you highlight the biggest drawback to the Hercules and why I typically don't use it when at home vaping solo. Post-prohibition I just have so many options in terms of concentrates that I am much more likely to get small amounts of lots of different strains. Whereas before I would buy like 10g at a time of the same strain. The Hercules doesn't lend itself well to constantly swapping between concentrates so I end up usually an individual coil on my AC per strain instead. The Hercules is when I get a bunch of a single strain, load it up and go to town with a group of friends or out and about.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I keep eyeing the sr-71's on the site too. I love my 74x so much I'm curious how the 71 is, I've read so much about it on this thread. I'll also second enjoying not needing to keep cleaning and/or buying coils for the ac. I still love my ac though.

Also I saw this on teefury.com and it made me think of w9.
odad_flat_1701.png

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi, I just got a new hercule Sr-74 and I'm waiting for the 510 base, but I have a doubt, can I use a sr-74 white rod on my evicmini (is it enough strong?)? or need I something more powerfull? or maybe only the 3.7v rod is better..?

I'm thinking about to get one of this stealth mods...

jsnstanley

A lower voltage Rod for the lower man battery mods (3.7)
.8 ohm seems reasonably perfect for all current units on the market.
Only battery life and operational size being the purchasing factor.
And supporting your favorite vendors that bring such incredible things.:)

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Hi, I just got a new hercule Sr-74 and I'm waiting for the 510 base, but I have a doubt, can I use a sr-74 white rod on my evicmini (is it enough strong?)? or need I something more powerfull? or maybe only the 3.7v rod is better..?

I'm thinking about to get one of this stealth mods...
May I ask when your SR-74 was purchased? Are you sure that you don't have the newer Hercules in 510 threading? Did it come in a white box with two instruction cards, a brush, and a tool?

We haven't had any SR-74 for sale for over a year so I wanted to make sure you weren't looking for any unnecessary parts. The current Hercules comes with 510 threading and a 0.8Ω rod. Single battery mods aren't the best choice for rods above 1.5Ω for a few reasons; they have to boost voltage quite substantially to deliver 20-35 watts on a 2.x ohm rod, while a lower resistance rod doesn't need as much boosting.

IIRC the eVic tops out at 9 volts on current firmware so with an SR-74 that starts with a 2.3Ω white rod you're going to be limited on maximum power. With a .8Ω rod you can hit 35 watts in the 5V range (depending on how hot the rod's gotten/how much the resistance of the rod's increased)

Higher resistance provides more opposition to electron flow, so more voltage is needed to deliver the same power level on a circuit with greater resistance. The rods have the same power capabilities but if you do have an SR-74 with a 7.4V White Rod, I would suggest changing it for the SR-74 Black Rod: https://www.w9tech.com/hercules-ceramic-heater/ for the best experience.

-----

Edit:

Busted out my Persei last night for the Perseid meteor shower. Can't embed Instagram posts here so you'll have to click this link to see a boring vape video (No shooting stars) care; https://www.instagram.com/p/BJAE9XvDiUS/

Did anyone else catch the sky last night?

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
May I ask when your SR-74 was purchased? Are you sure that you don't have the newer Hercules in 510 threading? Did it come in a white box with two instruction cards, a brush, and a tool?

We haven't had any SR-74 for sale for over a year so I wanted to make sure you weren't looking for any unnecessary parts. The current Hercules comes with 510 threading and a 0.8Ω rod. Single battery mods aren't the best choice for rods above 1.5Ω for a few reasons; they have to boost voltage quite substantially to deliver 20-35 watts on a 2.x ohm rod, while a lower resistance rod doesn't need as much boosting.

IIRC the eVic tops out at 9 volts on current firmware so with an SR-74 that starts with a 2.3Ω white rod you're going to be limited on maximum power. With a .8Ω rod you can hit 35 watts in the 5V range (depending on how hot the rod's gotten/how much the resistance of the rod's increased)

Higher resistance provides more opposition to electron flow, so more voltage is needed to deliver the same power level on a circuit with greater resistance. The rods have the same power capabilities but if you do have an SR-74 with a 7.4V White Rod, I would suggest changing it for the SR-74 Black Rod: https://www.w9tech.com/hercules-ceramic-heater/ for the best experience.

-----

Edit:

Busted out my Persei last night for the Perseid meteor shower. Can't embed Instagram posts here so you'll have to click this link to see a boring vape video (No shooting stars) care; https://www.instagram.com/p/BJAE9XvDiUS/

Did anyone else catch the sky last night?
Thanks for your reply, I purchased my Sr-74 in Lacentralevapeur in France 2 weeks ago (for a great price!) and it comes with a 601 thread and the white rod. So I purchased a 510 bottom insulator at PIU expecting to pair my SR-74 with my evic mini (or maybe one of these new mod box with a stealtier design) although it seems I need to purchase a black rod...Is it needed only if I want to use it with my Evic or even if I get a 2 batteries mod box?

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Thanks for your reply, I purchased my Sr-74 in Lacentralevapeur in France 2 weeks ago (for a great price!) and it comes with a 601 thread and the white rod. So I purchased a 510 bottom insulator at PIU expecting to pair my SR-74 with my evic mini (or maybe one of these new mod box with a stealtier design) although it seems I need to purchase a black rod...Is it needed only if I want to use it with my Evic or even if I get a 2 batteries mod box?

Awesome! The bottom insulator should allow your Hercules to run on the eVic - I have used my SR-74 with a 2.3 rod and it worked fine around 20-22 watts which is where I like to vape. I didn't try turning the power up nor use this configuration for very long. I swapped to the lower resistance rod before trying multiple battery charges with it so I can't give firsthand experience there, I just determined what made most sense and swapped to that setup.

Depending on your preferences, if you want higher power levels, you could try those out and see how the eVic delivers. I couldn't say one way or the other but I do hope to hear your results!

Battery life isn't amazing on single battery mods with the Herc, depending on use you might have great results with 2 or 3 battery cells you can charge and swap out as needed. I've considered a dual battery mod but since I have 4 18650's I haven't pulled the trigger yet, I just bring a battery case and extra 18650's with me if I'm gone from home for long.

Last edited:

DrRishi

Just got a message from Canada saying that the NibblerXL is back in stock. Couldn't resist so a NibblerXL is winging its way to me.
I have been using a tiny Bubbler Mouthpiece - Vital connected to the Herc using the silicon mouthpiece from a 1701 as connection. For what it is it works really well but I can imagine that the NibblerXL will give an even better experience.

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
Just got a message from Canada saying that the NibblerXL is back in stock. Couldn't resist so a NibblerXL is winging its way to me.
I have been using a tiny Bubbler Mouthpiece - Vital connected to the Herc using the silicon mouthpiece from a 1701 as connection. For what it is it works really well but I can imagine that the NibblerXL will give an even better experience.
The nibbler xl was the single best accessory I bought I can't imagine the herc without it

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I totally agree with @lonelyhero , I broke my xl awhile back and the silicone tube work around I use now for water is super clumsy and requires a tabletop and 2 hands. The xl isn't too stealth, but it's so convenient.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: elmoe420

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I had a few questions about the Herc:

- Do the threads around it get gunked up easily? The biggest plus to the ACv2 for me is the slideable top and the giant well at the bottom (easy to clean). Can't tell you how many times I've been annoyed at the ACv1, Source, Dr. Dab, etc for the threads being gunked. Partially my fault but I haven't had this problem with the ACv2 yet.

- I have a Kanger Subbox that runs 1 18650. Goes up to 50w. I see the Herc reads as .8 , so I assume this will work. I used to use this mod to run .5 ecig attys. Is the Herc a big battery hog? Basically, is it worth it to get a mod that can hold TWO 18650s ?

TYIA

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

- Do the threads around it get gunked up easily? The biggest plus to the ACv2 for me is the slideable top and the giant well at the bottom (easy to clean). Can't tell you how many times I've been annoyed at the ACv1, Source, Dr. Dab, etc for the threads being gunked. Partially my fault but I haven't had this problem with the ACv2 yet.

- I have a Kanger Subbox that runs 1 18650. Goes up to 50w. I see the Herc reads as .8 , so I assume this will work. I used to use this mod to run .5 ecig attys. Is the Herc a big battery hog? Basically, is it worth it to get a mod that can hold TWO 18650s ?

TYIA
I'm semi-careful and I don't get wax in my threads, though it has happened. Mostly it's the metal top cap that gets waxy and stuck, at least for me. Unless I heat it up unscrewing from the cap end usually unscrews the whole ss tube out of the base. I don't mind that much, I just unstick the cap and screw it the tube back into the base. Although I should be clear the top cap is stuck from cooled wax inside the tube that's ridden up to the cap, not stuff leaking out or anything like that.

jsnstanley

TYIA
With the .8ohm rod I run a single LG IMR 18650 3000 mAh and it last for a couple days @ 23w (DNA 40D)chipset

Top Bottom