Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

lockie

I can definitely agree with many of those points. My original 3.7v hercules is essentially a paper weight, it shouldn't take 10-20 minutes of constant shaking to vape a couple pinches, not even worth it at that point. Thought about trying to sell it but really I don't wanna do that to anyone. And I really hope, depending on the price point of the iris, that some sort of upgrade program is offered.
I had that original 3.7v Hercules too, was pretty bummed about it after the performance and I didn't want to sell it to anyone knowing what they would go through as well.
I had high hopes for the Okeanos too but it had issues after light use from the water leaking which eventually got fixed by orings but the center post would get clogged easily and I wasn't the only one having this problem. That thing has been through more iso baths than I've done with the SR-71 but still no joy. The baffles just get clogged too easily and I don't see any way of fixing it so it's been sitting in the drawer since.

I think that the Hercules and kiss carts are great. I'm just definitely going to be waiting for a solid amount of reviews of any new products that come out before I make any decisions.

lockie,
Reactions: DaNi_DuB

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I had that original 3.7v Hercules too, was pretty bummed about it after the performance and I didn't want to sell it to anyone knowing what they would go through as well.
I had high hopes for the Okeanos too but it had issues after light use from the water leaking which eventually got fixed by orings but the center post would get clogged easily and I wasn't the only one having this problem. That thing has been through more iso baths than I've done with the SR-71 but still no joy. The baffles just get clogged too easily and I don't see any way of fixing it so it's been sitting in the drawer since.

I think that the Hercules and kiss carts are great. I'm just definitely going to be waiting for a solid amount of reviews of any new products that come out before I make any decisions.

We have part for the Okeanos that will fix the clogging. We tested it and we have no clogging issues. There is over a 1000 pcs out there and only a few clogging, even with a small number ill fix the issue, but please understand unless we can duplicate the issue its hard for us to fix.

masaki

We have part for the Okeanos that will fix the clogging. We tested it and we have no clogging issues. There is over a 1000 pcs out there and only a few clogging, even with a small number ill fix the issue, but please understand unless we can duplicate the issue its hard for us to fix.
Mine is collecting dust because it clogs to often even with the extra o rings. How do I resurrect him and make him breathe again?!

masaki,

exit

Well i ordered two titanium coils and the SR-74 rod forever ago but never actually bothered to put it in my SR71. I just kept using the same old coil I always had.

However the taste is terrible, when I do get vapor it tastes terribly burnt, and it doesn't work/throws crazy high resistance 95% of the time. I took it apart, put it back together with the SR71 rod and it works fine again... has anyone else seen this trying to use a SR74 rod in a SR71?

The wax i loaded in the coil wasn't the best tasting but it's disappointing if the SR74 rod does not work well in a SR71 :/

Also @THC SCIENTIFIC i have a clogging okeanos how can i get my hands on this new piece? can i get it if im placing an order soon?

exit,

caporoot

Vapor > Smoke
You guys want it you will have it. Im currently designing the final production pieces to everyones desires.

Larger baffles, and longer center tube.

Pop on and off cap for easier loading pleeeeeease! So stressful having to heat up the top every time to refill.

caporoot,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Well i ordered two titanium coils and the SR-74 rod forever ago but never actually bothered to put it in my SR71. I just kept using the same old coil I always had.

However the taste is terrible, when I do get vapor it tastes terribly burnt, and it doesn't work/throws crazy high resistance 95% of the time. I took it apart, put it back together with the SR71 rod and it works fine again... has anyone else seen this trying to use a SR74 rod in a SR71?

The wax i loaded in the coil wasn't the best tasting but it's disappointing if the SR74 rod does not work well in a SR71 :/

Also @THC SCIENTIFIC i have a clogging okeanos how can i get my hands on this new piece? can i get it if im placing an order soon?
Have no not experienced that at all. In fact, I actually prefer the 74 rod over the 71 rod (without the iris that is) but I also have not tried the 74 rod in the iris yet so can't say for sure which I like better overall.

Sounds like something could be wrong with your rod? Did you check resistance

Mynameismud,

itschad

That thing has been through more iso baths than I've done with the SR-71 but still no joy. The baffles just get clogged too easily and I don't see any way of fixing it so it's been sitting in the drawer since.

Okeanos clogging is almost exclusively due to overloading and sucking too hard before the oil has melted into the wick, I can reproduce it nearly on command (provided I have the wax to do so :p)

We will have a few pieces for anyone who wishes to upgrade in 2 weeks.

wooh!

cant wait for the triton also

itschad,

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
We will have a few pieces for anyone who wishes to upgrade in 2 weeks.

That is excellent news! I am one who didn't have complaints at all with the 71 version once I figured it out, but I have really come to appreciate the changes to the 74 version. My only complaint is the threaded top cap. I for one deeply appreciate the tweeks that you make in response to user feedback.

I have several oil vapes that I enjoy, but the herc is my go-to because of what I see as simplicity- there are not so many parts that I cannot easily disassemble, clean and reassemble the unit myself in about 2 minutes. I MUCH prefer this setup compared to units with parts I have to throw out and replace or return for routine cleanouts like some of my other vapes.

I feel very comfortable purchasing from w9 because I can get cutting edge devices and be secure in the knowledge that any problems that arise will most likely be cleaned up with an upgrade.

Thanks again!

herbivore21

Ok, so new development alert! I have just developed the ability to have this on the regular:

33mx10w.jpg

How much does one load of this in the 3.7v ti gr2 kiss carts and the herc sr74 (3.7v rod). I am gonna be mostly using 3.7v w/ one AW IMR 18350. Are there any special considerations?

herbivore21,
Reactions: Caligula

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Ok, so new development alert! I have just developed the ability to have this on the regular:

33mx10w.jpg

How much does one load of this in the 3.7v ti gr2 kiss carts and the herc sr74 (3.7v rod). I am gonna be mostly using 3.7v w/ one AW IMR 18350. Are there any special considerations?
For the KISS cart you will probably want to load an amount to a small seed. Or the size of half of an uncooked grain of rice.
For the Herc, you will want to melt in about .3 (on a new coil). One coil should be enough if your oil is not runny or too soft at room temp. Push the button 3-5 seconds while lightly puffing until some vapor is produced. Then look inside and make sure your coil is still down all the way. Then load another .3. And try one second on the button and one second off. While steadily and slowly inhaling. At that point you should be in the clouds. Right now I'm using the KISS like this. 7.4v KISS on Persei (not my Omicron/ Core like in pic)
ID122wv.jpg

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

33mx10w.jpg

What @DieHard said. Except a little more...except for 3.7V herc you probably gonna need to preheat a little. Once coil is full saturated with a little extra on top you want to press the button for a few seconds, keep holding and then puff a few times. Release button to avoid cutoff and immediately press again and do the long slow inhale

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
You will have to adjust your button times to adjust for concentrate consistency. It may take slightly longer to melt in. Also be sure to do cool-down hits. ( draw lightly on the Herc with no button push to cool down your oil.).cool down until unit is cool to the touch. This will help prevent leaks. Very important to your continued satisfaction.

jeffzorz

There are 601 to 510 thread adapters. w9 and PV carry them. Sometimes they can be found on ebay for cheap, but be careful because some sellers don't know if their adapters are 601 on the female or the male side.
looks funny with the adaptor, fits flush without

jeffzorz,

Hedonismbot

Have no not experienced that at all. In fact, I actually prefer the 74 rod over the 71 rod (without the iris that is) but I also have not tried the 74 rod in the iris yet so can't say for sure which I like better overall.

I don't want you to think I'm stalking you in this thread but ever since my own Iris fried I'm reduced to living vicariously through others Iris experiences! :D

Anyway, you can use the SR-74 white rod with the Iris safely but, again, I'm wondering why you'd want to. If you prefer the SR-74 white rod power levels (about 28 watts on freshly charged batteries) you can just dial in that power level into the Iris + the SR-71 white rod. As per the tables I've posted before, that would be 6.5 volts on the Iris.

If you pair up the SR-74 white rod with the Iris your power range would be reduced to 5 to 24 watts. With the SR-71 white rod you get a range of 8 to 36 watts. Since the power level of a black rod is 20 watts all you would get with the Iris+SR-74 white rod is the ability to run at black rod power levels (and below). You would be giving up the 24 to 36 power range in order to get a bit more low end power range of 5-8 watts. Not a trade off I'd be willing to make.

Maybe I'm beating a dead horse here but the Iris+SR-71 white rod can provide the power level of every other valid Hercules configuration as well as power levels above, below and in-between all those other configurations. And do it safely.

Embrace the power of emulation! :science:

Hedo

exit

Sounds like something could be wrong with your rod? Did you check resistance

yes i did, new rod reads 1.5 ohms. still going to keep using my sr71 rod.

exit,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
yes i did, new rod reads 1.5 ohms. still going to keep using my sr71 rod.
The 71 white rod is 1.5 ohms. The 74 white rod should be 2.0-2.3 I believe. So if your 74 rod measured 1.5 it's the rod...

@Hedonismbot I get what your saying. I've been running my herc at 5.7 V exclusively all week and loving every minute of it. But the sr71 is no longer made or available so I figured id at least try it out for everyone now who will probably end up getting an Iris when it comes out...

Hedonismbot

@Hedonismbot I get what your saying. I've been running my herc at 5.7 V exclusively all week and loving every minute of it. But the sr71 is no longer made or available so I figured id at least try it out for everyone now who will probably end up getting an Iris when it comes out...

Understood. I'll be interested in your results.

FYI, if your SR-71 white rod is 1.5 ohms then 5.7v puts you at 22 watts. If your SR-74 white rod is 2.3 ohms then you would need 7.0v to get the same 22 watts in this config.

Top Bottom