Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

herbivore21

hahaha it might be the ex crust punk musician in me, but if you can't rely on dodgy capitalists, you can always DIY :D

herbivore21,
Reactions: Caligula

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I am looking to pick one of these up for my persei and I am wondering which model is better the
SR -71 or the SR - 74. I understand the 74 is the newer model. But have also seen people saying they preferred the 71 over the newer model. Just looking for some pointers before my purchase =)

Thanks
I don't think you can get an sr71 anymore. They're sold out at Pv and vapor warehouse and are no longer made. So your only option is an sr74 or a used 71 if you can find it. They're pretty much the same, 71 has more powers which is only good for the IRIs (VV) in my opinion. Which isn't even out yet...74 will get the job done just as well. I actually prefer that rod to the 71 white rod without the iris top...

I have to ask what's with all the hardcore Persei-ites selling off tons of gear in the classifieds. Did I miss something here lately? One of the two people selling, even called the new Thermovape, the best oil vape.

I know I haven't been around much lately due to some other obligations, but after seeing these posts in the classifieds, I have to ask, WTF is going on around here?!
I heard that too. I even went back and read the past few pages in the Luna thread. Nothing that would suggest it's the best oil vape ever... I had the cera with EO carts, same ones as the luna uses. It definitely contends with the Persei and Hercules. Personally I think they are both great products, they both have many positives and a few negatives as well. For me though, I got rid of my cera a few months ago, and have not looked back. I actually listed both in the classifieds with the intention of selling the Persei/herc mainly because I listed it cheaper and thought it would go faster. Ended up selling the cera and had intentions of buying another one in the future. However I am so happy with my Persei I don't think I'll be buying another cera anytime soon (or ever possibly) and the Iris has only made those feelings stronger

They probably found something that works better, is more reliable, and has fast customer service. There are a ton of devices out now that all do the same thing. The $20 pen will get you just as medicated as a $200 pen.

PM me and I'll let you know why!
I completely disagree. I have yet to find any customer service that is better than W9, except vaporfection. TV is up there but getting a response to technical issues and troubleshooting from @THC SCIENTIFIC at what seems like anytime of the day is hard to match. And @nao12000 on here solving CS issues is just icing on the cake.

Yes, a $20 pen will get you just as medicated, but they are also unreliable, use questionable materials most of the time, and good luck getting support. I went through a cartridge every week or 2 in about 2 months with my old ecig style pen before I switched to TV, then w9... At $15-25 a cartridge that's about $100 a month just on cartridges give or take. I have had my Hercules since Octoberish. And it still works like day 1 and when I clean it up it still looks like day one. And I know exactly what it's made of (ceramic, Ti and SS) no glue, no adhesive, no solder, no electronics in the cartridge...

Show me a $20 pen that meets those specs and I'll happily buy it

Caligula

Maximus
FWIW, IIRC Its going to be a "fully loaded" Persei kit. SO basically a Persei, AW IMR batteries, and maybe a Hercules or something.

Now that vection/duction H2O vape on the other hand...

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:ugh:Wow, sounds like trouble in paradise when it comes to concentrates in CA? In the state where I live they are still busting down doors like the Gestapo.:goon: Three underground grows in three days. Three normal looking families' lives torn apart for something that is legal other places across the map.
DIY for concentrates is the only choice for me. :science: Good thing I have a good connect for quality flowers. But there is never more than 2-3 strains of dubious pedigree to choose from.
@Sleepin in CA .
Where there's a will, there's a way!
You will have to pry my beloved concentrate tools out of my cold, dead hands. W9 keep innovating!

@ataxian I hope all is well with you!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@herbivore21 it's not the 8 flower cartridge anymore...I believe the kept the name and it's more of a high end Persei now for oils...I believe
FWIW, IIRC Its going to be a "fully loaded" Persei kit. SO basically a Persei, AW IMR batteries, and maybe a Hercules or something.

Now that vection/duction H2O vape on the other hand...

both of you are correct.

To some degree.

It is going to be a Oil Vape, loaded with the best batteries, best chargers, best cartridge we have to date coupled to the Best electronics we have to date as well.

But it has to take time and the price isnt set as things need to get redone to perfection.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@herbivore21 that is a part of the issue. Really it comes down to preference, availability, and choice.

I will be addressing everyone's concerns this evening when I am home and can properly do so.

For now, I have not abandoned UPTech, merely broadened my horizons. I still fully support Gary (@THC SCIENTIFIC ), I still consider him a friend, and I still recommend his products when the fit is right.

The rest of this convoluted mess was instigated by a former company rep twisting a situation to his perceived advantage.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The 8 isnt going to be a better vaporizer when as far as electronics and cartridges are concerned. It is going to be a different vaporizer. Something that is going to be built to last a long time and user serviceable in mind.

What this means it will outlast us if looked after minus the electronics.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
ZOMG someone sold their Persei!!!

chicken_little-sky-is-falling.jpg

I will not let the 8 derail dreams of the Triton!!!!

P.S. G, GAS in this case is Glass Acquisition Syndrome. Once I read the cheap glass and recycler threads, it was all over for me.

jeffzorz

Is there anyway I could get the different threading on the okeanos? Mine came with a 601 but I just realized it would fit on my provari mini at 510.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Is there anyway I could get the different threading on the okeanos? Mine came with a 601 but I just realized it would fit on my provari mini at 510.

There are 601 to 510 thread adapters. w9 and PV carry them. Sometimes they can be found on ebay for cheap, but be careful because some sellers don't know if their adapters are 601 on the female or the male side.

syrupy,
Reactions: gudiss

chingdaddy

So I have been using my ophos for a few months now and l Iove it! I just recently acquired an Okeanos and I'm REALLY DIGGING it too. I have decided to upgrade to the Persei for future versatility and better fit for the okeanos. What accessories do you recommend for the initial Persei purchase? More specifically, what essential oil cart do I order ( fyi herc will be a later investment) ? Which ohms can it handle, or rather work best? Is tgere any way to get an Iris, or device like it that will be compatible? Thanks. Any and all info appreciated.

chingdaddy,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@syrupy- I assume you see me as a teenage-girl Reddit meme.

When the threads biggest vocal supporters jump ship at around the same time, I think it is worth asking why. Had they not publicly posted their praisings of W9's gear religiously, I would of never asked. For all the hootin and a hollerin(which is well warranted for W9's gear) they created on the thread over time, you don't find it curious to suddenly see them selling off their gear? I do.

Nowhere in the thread could I find either member(SiCA,or Atax) start talking about their equipment not performing well or a sudden dissatisfaction with W9 gear. To go from, "ZOMG, the Persei/Herc is the best thing since sliced bread, I can't live without it" to "I'm selling off all my gear", so rapidly, makes me question something.

I'll stopmy inqusition after this post as i am not looking to make any trouble here on FC. I do not mean to cast any aspersions, but something doesn't seem right. Or I guess just a coincidence.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Ok I am home. Heres the deal guys. I got fed up with UpTech's upper line. There I said it. Sue me. I was tired of constantly fucking with stuff that I felt SHOULD have just worked out of the box. I spent HOURS upon HOURS developing fixes for the Okeanos alone. I was told that they need real world testing to solve these problems. I thought about this all day. As well as other lines I was fed. I have a feeling some lines are about to be crossed here.

Get your popcorn.

I do not feel enough testing is given to ANY of the uptech line before being released. They release flawed products in order to gather TEST data. I feel we are asked to expend money to fix devices that should have worked the FIRST time we bought them. To me, from a customer perspective, this is a flawed model and I have been disillusioned by it. Flame away guys. I am ready.

Now you may say but Gary stands behind his products. Indeed he does. Exceptionally so. But the fact remains that he shouldnt have to, the devices should just work. Thats the whole point. I own dozens of other vaporizers I never had to STUDY to learn to use, or send them in constantly to have them repaired. I pick them up, they work, I go on about my day.

They also never asked me to PAY to fix their faulty product by buying an update.

Top this off with the fact that as a tester.....I PAID for the privlidge. Deposits necessary all the way around. I understand why, but it just felt wrong.

Add to all this the finickyness of the product line and people like me (with medical conditions) who do not have the time/energy/hand strength necessary to constantly fix/adjust these devices. They seem designed to fail.

The KISS carts are the best product out in my opinion, and even they fail quite a bit. I fully support them as I feel the design is a nice one, though the materials seem underpar and doomed to failure from flaws or some other material defect inherent at time of production.

That said when they work, they work!

Now I am sure many of you think I am just pissed off. I am not. I just feel I deserve better for my money. FOR MY NEEDS, and with the exception of the KISS carts, these products are not user friendly enough. If the KISS could load more, I would sing a different tune.

However without a drastic redesign in how they produce and test, I will hold out until the reviews are in.

I would hope that Gary would still consider me a friend after all this, as it is entirely honest feedback. So honest I have spent hours going back and forth as to whether to write it. In the end I felt it would be dishonest not to. I will still use the UPTech line (KISS carts), and for certain people, I will highly recommend the line. As for myself, It just doesnt fit my needs and I have moved on.

My needs as it turns out, are leaning more towards flower at this time. That has also definitely led me to take a hard look/evaluation of the products I use and what is necessary for me.

I wish everyone who is using these upper tier products all the best. I hope that with future, and constant, testing the product line will improve to a point where I can use it as a daily driver without so much frustration.

-Sleepin

PS. due to the probable fallout from this post, I will not be following this thread. Not even when directly tagged. I am not here to start a fight, piss anyone off, or flame any products. This is just my honest feedback/opinion/experience.

Caligula

Maximus
Well, I for one appreciate @Sleepin in CA's candid response and I can completely understand where he is coming from. Bro, I know you said you wont follow/reply but I hope you read that at least.

For me, these are tools for a specific job. Tools that work for me. Maybe I've lucked out, but I really haven't had that much of an issue with my products. Hell, the OG EO carts gave me more headaches than anything.

Perhaps... no, for sure... this influenced my opinions on those products and W9 in general. I suppose if my journey was different I would feel differently, but it is what it is.

Also I really hope there is ZERO fallout for @Sleepin in CA as I will be really disappointed in anyone trying to start drama over his well thought out personal decision.

Thats really all I have to say about it. Now lets pick up the pieces and move on.

itschad

I can definitely agree with many of those points. My original 3.7v hercules is essentially a paper weight, it shouldn't take 10-20 minutes of constant shaking to vape a couple pinches, not even worth it at that point. Thought about trying to sell it but really I don't wanna do that to anyone. And I really hope, depending on the price point of the iris, that some sort of upgrade program is offered.

That said, i'd say im brand loyal. I have to talk myself out of getting an omicron mini every day and once you learn how to properly use (i agree that this is quite the steep learning curve for what it is) your favorite flavor SR71/74 it's amazing. On a good month when none of my friends do a bad job hitting it, I only have to open it up every 4 days to add some wax, and i clean the threads maybe every 2 weeks.

masaki

Edit: I'm just going stay out of it.. we all pay for our vaporizers each has there specific job like @Caligula said.

We all choose to venture new terroritory.

Last edited:
masaki,
Reactions: Caligula

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've left and come back to several vaporizers now including UPtech gear. it's really about fine tuning your experience, and needs do change, also personal situations can effect choices in the moment. I am not at all concerned about this. As I see it, the vapor market is booming with beta test models across the board, that's part of being new technology, even if it's based on older tech. I see Pandora's box got opened and we are just at the beginning of it. :D And this isn't company specific, we are still learning about cannabis in all it has to offer, and that gave us many avenues to venture down trying to find what works from flowers to oil, which have endless variations and viscosity. I've invested in an education you can't find anywhere else...only first hand and forums. Hope to some day use this experience to help others so they don't have to stumble around in the dark as much trying to figure it out, maybe work for a shop or collective or something...we'll see if it goes somewhere. I can't throw $ at this stuff like I used to, but I have traveled a long way to get here, and I've come back for more... I like the Kiss cart, haven't had issues yet. Also been enjoying the Bender/Core when I feel like splurging. Hate to see @Sleepin in CA move out of the thread, but do whacha gotta do.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Now that sleepin has said his peace I'll say mine.

I really did not know of any issues sleepin was having. If he was he did not mention it to me. I know the SR 71 wasn't for everyone I even say to people who consider getting the SR it's a headache if you do not know what to do. It is by no means plug and play. It is a unit that will never fail if properly cared for and will never let you down if you are willing to accept its limitations and adapt your way of use.

Now moving on to other points on paying to test.

There have bean few people on here that have received prototype units and later have sold it on the classifieds. Paying to test is a deterrent to those who like to take prototypes and then sell it in the classifieds. Now what is failed to mention is its a deposit returned to you when testing is done.

As for testing we go through a lot of testing. Unfortunately everything we do isn't industry standard. We can't take into account every state of mind or capability of every person or even every consistency of oil.

Our devices are not the most user friendly hell our Perseis have gone through more updates then I care to think. Why? It's because we strive to make it perfect. While other companies release a product and not care we stay here and get feedback. We don't have other companies we look to. We don't use other people's technology when it comes to our top tier devices. No one has spent millions of dollars to develop the technology while we copy it. In fact we are the company paving the way while others copy us. We spend the hundreds of thousands of dollars on molds, prototypes, and countless other expenses while others just copy.

Yes the Hercules is a pain ( new tech always is ), yes the Persei has issues, but show me a vape that doesn't and is 100% perfect. There are vaporizers that somehow are made with high grade parts and good ole American know how yet have issues on fitment, switches not working ( and it's a mech mod )and other issues I do not care to talk about.

I understand people think they are beta testing but they are not. Every corporation in America puts a product out waits for feedback and makes it better next time around.

Every vape company is the same.

Now I said my peace. I am happy that I am able to help and I'm not complaining and never will. I do not want anyone to cut us some slack or to feel sorry for us. We will get to our goal with bumps along the road. That is inevitable.

Last edited:

masaki

:mad: Low on funds and haven't used my Hercules in months!! Bought myself some crap bho.. I knew I was buying crap but it was cheap and all I could afford atm. Ran it through the hercules and just got angry and threw it away.. I guess that what happens when you go from top shelf to :shit: tsk tsk hard times hard times

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
:mad: Low on funds and haven't used my Hercules in months!! Bought myself some crap bho.. I knew I was buying crap but it was cheap and all I could afford atm. Ran it through the hercules and just got angry and threw it away.. I guess that what happens when you go from top shelf to :shit: tsk tsk hard times hard times

You threw the Herc away? I hope it's the oil and not the Herc.

Top Bottom