Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Anyone know if 24ga/.5mm wire will fit through the holes on a kiss cart? Have a line on some, but can't afford to throw money around right now if it will not work. Any help would be much appreciated!

=)
I'm not sure what fits in the KISS but .5mm is pretty thick, about 1/2 the thickness of a dime. I ordered the 32 gauge wire based on I the resistance per foot. Look at kidneypuncher.com there is a lot of info about the wire including sizes and resistance and metal content.
I found a site that has many different gauges of wire both in Kanthal and nichrome. They also have these porus ceramic wicks. I have already ordered some wire and these.http://www.kidneypuncher.com/fc-2000-ceramic-wick-7-64th-3-pack/
:science:

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I'm not sure what fits in the KISS but .5mm is pretty thick, about 1/2 the thickness of a dime. I ordered the 32 gauge wire based on I the resistance per foot. Look at kidneypuncher.com there is a lot of info about the wire including sizes and resistance and metal content.
I found a site that has many different gauges of wire both in Kanthal and nichrome. They also have these porus ceramic wicks. I have already ordered some wire and these.http://www.kidneypuncher.com/fc-2000-ceramic-wick-7-64th-3-pack/
:science:
I ended up ordering 32ga kanthal a1, and some ss mesh to make a wick. I am also toying with the idea of rebuilding the okeanos with stainless. I had a thought that you could probably take a ss kiss cart and replace the center post with the one from the okeanos kiss, and I bet it would work for the okeanos.

Sleepin in CA,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
DATE & TIME: February 27, 2014 , 8:36 am
STATUS OF ITEM: Out for Delivery

Looks like this afternoon will be fun!

Now, you guys are scaring me with this "rebuilding" and buying wires and shit! :uhoh:

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

Now, you guys are scaring me with this "rebuilding" and buying wires and shit! :uhoh:

Don't be scared! :) I have 3 KISS carts that still work great and I love them. I just have one that died and want to try to fix it. I am a tinkerer like that. If it breaks I want to fix it.:science: Unless of course there is some kind of warranty, then I leave it to the pros.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Don't be scared! :) I have 3 KISS carts that still work great and I love them. I just have one that died and want to try to fix it. I am a tinkerer like that. If it breaks I want to fix it.:science: Unless of course there is some kind of warranty, then I leave it to the pros.
@Tstat exactly what he said. This is a little more advanced level stuff....not necessary for normal use

No worries!

Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: Caligula

NaderCHASER

Since the glass on my Okeanos split a week ago, the KISS has now given out with a visible separation in the wire. $100 for this thing and it barely lasted me 3 weeks with regular use.

How am I supposed to go about getting a replacement? W9Tech hasn't responded to my messages that were posted via My Account. Do I just ship it back and expect a replacement? Or am I SOL?

NaderCHASER,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Since the glass on my Okeanos split a week ago, the KISS has now given out with a visible separation in the wire. $100 for this thing and it barely lasted me 3 weeks with regular use.

How am I supposed to go about getting a replacement? W9Tech hasn't responded to my messages that were posted via My Account. Do I just ship it back and expect a replacement? Or am I SOL?
Have you filled out a ticket on the ticket system ? if so what is ypur ticket number so that I can ask the cs rep about it. you can also call in to the shop and I can try to help you ! 818-849-6133 naomi

Caligula

Maximus

I forgot, what did you order? Just a Persei so far right? No SR74 yet?

Caligula,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, here we go. yea, I got a Persei with a KISS cart. it just came but did not come with a manual. I searched the W9 site and didn't seeit. I got one from PV, but it doesn't look like it's for mine.

I got 2 batteries. Do I use them both with the KISS cart? Are the batteries charged when they come, or do I need to charge them?

Tstat,

Caligula

Maximus
Charge them. Each battery is a 3.7v unit, and when stacked together, then equal 7.4v. You will need to run that configuration to use the 7.4v KISS cart.

Caligula,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yep, thanks! Now, with the KISS cart, do i just pull the tip off and load it there? do I drop the concentrate right on the coil that is in there?

Tstat,

Caligula

Maximus
Well, the mouthpiece unscrews (there is a top which pulls off but thats just for cleaning purposes). Once unscrewed at the base, you will have full access to the coil/wick. And yes, just load a dab (Id say BB or Airsoft pellet size to start) on top of the coil/wick, while being gentle since the ceramic and wire are fragile, especially after some heat cycles are put through them.

From there, pulse the power for a BRIEF second once or twice to melt some of the concentrate into the wick (its pretty porous) as well as to see how the concentrate reacts when you hit the power. From there, just screw the MP back on and go to town.

I highly suggest short pulses with the power at first. Ive yet to use the 7.4v unit but the 3.7v version only requires a second or two of power for each "pulse", so id assume the 7.4 needs even less time to heat up.

YMMV depending on the type of concentrate as well.

Also, this is old but somewhat useful:

http://www.delta9vapes.com/pdf/persei_user_guide_v1.3.pdf

Note, it was made before the KISS cart and a lot of other newer stuff.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@Tstat oh you are gonna have your life changed today! Lol

@StickyShisha the Persei, two stock batts, and a 7.4v kiss....and charger of course. That's what was in my latest new one. It was a white box with a v3 top I think too.

Sleepin in CA,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
OK, thanks everyone. I am just (im)patiently waiting for the batts to charge. I have some wax that we made that I am going to try first. My son is like "want me to go to the dispensary"???

So, I assume that those tiny coils can get gummed up pretty quick. How often do you soak/clean the KISS cart?

Caligula

Maximus
And don't let the wire glows red ;)

Indeed. Thats like feeding your Moguai after midnight! I must admit, I do this when burning off iso after a soak though. :tinfoil:

OK, thanks everyone. I am just (im)patiently waiting for the batts to charge. I have some wax that we made that I am going to try first. My son is like "want me to go to the dispensary"???

So, I assume that those tiny coils can get gummed up pretty quick. How often do you soak/clean the KISS cart?

Go by eye. You'll be able to tell when the draw resistance gets harder and stuff is stuck inside the ceramic cup. On average, Id say I completely clean mine after every 0.75-1.0g.

To clean, I basically just soak it in 99% iso for an hour (or less if you use hot iso), shake it out (I use compressed air to spray it out if its handy), the I do a few short duration burn-off sessions to evap any iso inside the ceramic and on the wire. Once I dont get any more sound or vapor, its good to go. I try to never touch the wick or wire with anything buy concentrate as they are fragile, so I dont pick at it or anything. The burnoff usually leaves it white and clean anyway.

Last edited:

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks again, guys. I'm still waiting for the batteries to go green. I haven't medicated since the package arrived at 4. I figure the charging should be complete any time now and I can't wait to try it!

Tstat,

HerbalHighway

Would strongly take advice to pulse on 7.4V! On 3.7V you will get supreme tasting vapor and I usually get 4 hits from what the small amount put in and can hold button down for 3 secs or so but pulsing. With the 7.4V the same amount is nuked in 1 hit lol and that with only pressing the button for a second to 1.5 secs max!! Anymore and choke away ;) It's fun experimenting between the two. Use the 7.4 to get to the moon and 3.7 to the sky...Enjoy your Persei!!! Loving mine :)

Caligula

Maximus
Thanks again, guys. I'm still waiting for the batteries to go green. I haven't medicated since the package arrived at 4. I figure the charging should be complete any time now and I can't wait to try it!

IDK how long its been but you should be good to go. Sometimes the light on the stock Persei charger doesnt always change from red to green if the batteries arent in the slot JUST right. LOL I think Ive said it 3x today in as many threads but I like this charger:

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-IntelliCharger-i4-Battery-Charger/dp/B005UAI372

...however your silence could be a good thing and its all working at the moment? ;)

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Top Bottom