Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Not a chance in hell, no matter how drunk you get me! Not for you or any other man alive. This is not supposed to be that kind of forum anyway....

Perhaps you meant "......so just bear with me"? That I think we can do, at least for a while longer. Fun language we pinched off the Brits, 4 letters, 3 right, 2 in the right places and it still passes spell check.

OF

Does it matter? ive already seen you vaping whats vaping naked gonna do to me?

chronickiller7

-that metallic taste goes away the 5ohm carts were kinda notorious 4 that taste but promise will go away at least always does for me. I tend to pre oxidize the 5ohm carts with a few dry hits at 3.7v to not warp bottom insolater and cause a leak. i only dry fire the 5ohm tho
--crap didn't mean to double post

Hopefully hahaha. I did a few dry hits at 3.7v I destroyed my first cart emptying the cart. How long will this cart last me? I saw some people say they last a coue grams, and others say they're one use only.

chronickiller7,
Reactions: ataxian

Caligula

Maximus
The "taste problem" is residual oils and what not left over from the manufacturing process. Almost all vape carts of this type have this issue unless they come pre-oxidized from the factory. Basically what I'm trying to say is that all the carts have the potential to have this issue. Its been my experience that its more so in some than in others (seemingly at random).

Caligula,

chronickiller7

The "taste problem" is residual oils and what not left over from the manufacturing process. Almost all vape carts of this type have this issue unless they come pre-oxidized from the factory. Basically what I'm trying to say is that all the carts have the potential to have this issue. Its been my experience that its more so in some than in others (seemingly at random).
Ok. I put about a gram in my cart a week ago. When it gets down to .2-.3, should I add more oil? Will that help the bad taste go away? Or should I wait til I get my new cart?

thevaf

im assuming this is prob mentioned but cant find it but thinking two 18490's would work with stock persei tube attached to shorty of the ss kit? as long as the bottom spring is not affected. anybody have any experience with this?

Yes, this is how I've been using my setup for the past couple weeks.
Use the original persei tube that has the bottom adjustable spring, with the shorty tube that comes with the SS kit on top. Put both batteries in and adjust the spring so that the batteries sit flush with the top edge (like you do on the default setup). The interesting part I noticed is that if you switch out the shorty tube with the longer tube from the SS kit, you dont have to adjust for 2x18650s because its already lined up.

you will still have enough room for the hot spring to work and drop the batteries in case of a hard short.

thevaf,

Korben

Thrilled
I have tried to follow all the news on the vape and I just can't keep up. I was just wondering how this would compare (using flower) to other portables such as the Solo. Also to use flower is the SR-74 the way to go? I found something about the "8" flower chamber but can't seem to find out much about it.

Korben,

OF

Cool. Why does the 5 ohm have the taste problem, but not the 2.4?

Twice the power. Much easier for it to get away from you and burn the oil. Once that happens, the burnt taste can linger on and on (all the new oil has to pass through the burned part.....). Probably best to scrap the cart when it runs out.

And stick to 2.4s as they're much easier to control.

Ok. I put about a gram in my cart a week ago. When it gets down to .2-.3, should I add more oil? Will that help the bad taste go away? Or should I wait til I get my new cart?

Normally, yes, in this case I'd scrap it out. Next time only load half a gram at first (much less chance of leaks, and once they leak the first time it's kind of hard to stop them). If all is well at .2 I usually put the other half in, but stay under .75 total at all times.

Good luck, it's well worth getting right.

OF

chronickiller7

Twice the power. Much easier for it to get away from you and burn the oil. Once that happens, the burnt taste can linger on and on (all the new oil has to pass through the burned part.....). Probably best to scrap the cart when it runs out.

And stick to 2.4s as they're much easier to control.

Normally, yes, in this case I'd scrap it out. Next time only load half a gram at first (much less chance of leaks, and once they leak the first time it's kind of hard to stop them). If all is well at .2 I usually put the other half in, but stay under .75 total at all times.

Good luck, it's well worth getting right.

OF
Thanks! The taste is noticeably better, but I think my friend burned the oil a little. With the 2.4 cart, how long should you hold the button/how should you hit it?

chronickiller7,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks! The taste is noticeably better, but I think my friend burned the oil a little. With the 2.4 cart, how long should you hold the button/how should you hit it?

You're welcome, glad it's improving.

Under good conditions you can 'chain hit' 2.4s. That is on vapes like Omicron Light that 'time out' (Omicron V1 did as well) you can hold the button down until it times out (or just before), let it up for a second, and keep rolling along. It you start to get ahead of the wick's ability to feed you can sense a change in taste and volume with experience (you have plenty of time if you're paying attention). With learned skills you can get very impressive volumes out of 2.4, it just takes a few more seconds to do it.

Many of us aren't in that big a rush, some enjoy the 'chalking' of their WTs and don't begrudge the extra time.

Regards,

OF

Korben

Thrilled
The bender + The core makes a great at home unit. I can't wait to get my Hammer top to complete the combo! But even The bender by itself is a great experience.

Since the top of the Bender can be removed and it appears to be a ground glass joint would this attachment allow you to pair this with other glass pieces?

Korben,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have tried to follow all the news on the vape and I just can't keep up. I was just wondering how this would compare (using flower) to other portables such as the Solo. Also to use flower is the SR-74 the way to go? I found something about the "8" flower chamber but can't seem to find out much about it.
The BENDER is the best portable for FLOWERS and yes you need to stir between rips to keep it sweet.
Tomorrow is national BENDER DAY!
I full bowl of top shelf flowers.
After a BENDER session it looks like it will be the correct time to VAPORIZE some SHATTER through a water path.
I have some tools!
Since the top of the Bender can be removed and it appears to be a ground glass joint would this attachment allow you to pair this with other glass pieces?
@Korben I have some photo's somewhere of various water path setups. It's a speciality device. Like owning a PORCHE.
We don't ready need one however they pretty fun to drive!

BENDER is not Scared!

Last edited:

Rainforestz

I just got the Persei and have been testing it with different concentrates. Has anyone had a problem with shatter? What cartridge do you like the best? Also what attachment do I need to vape e cig liquid?

Rainforestz,

Korben

Thrilled
@ataxian exactly my glass is all part of my rituals I guess. I really just enjoy nice glass. Also, I really like your avatar. All the names from W9 being related to Futurama make them even more desirable in a way (I know the name doesn't matter but still). It was my favorite animated series of all time I was sad to see it go.

Caligula

Maximus
@ataxian (I know the name doesn't matter but still).

IDK, if the Hercules SR-71 was named the "Anal Intruder" instead...

Hercules_SR_71___89536.1384912684.1280.1280.jpg

Top Bottom