Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Gotcha.
I'm gonna stay put with my Per-cules for now. It does everything I want. Giant, concentrate wasting clouds if I want down to nice little medicating sips. I would love to buy all the W9 gear to cover all the different bases, but lack of $$. Plus, for now, I couldn't be more content with my Per-cules. All that new stuff sounds cool though.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Has anyone sent in their double top for warranty? Did you get a double top back or a new single top? I sent my single in for a new one after frying it with my herc. Just wondering what happens with doubles...

@syrupy I sent both my single and double tops in under warranty and I received both a single and double top in their place.

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
@THC SCIENTIFIC,
Hey G, I never got a response for my last post to u, so here it is again:

@THC SCIENTIFIC
Hey G,
Do u think something is wrong with my core? I recently put my black heating rod back in it and turned it to 4v, bcuz I can't run the white rod at the voltages I want to and it blinks like crazy at the lowest voltages that I can run the white rod at, and it still blinks alot even with the black rod at 4 volts!! Sometimes I'll hold the button and I check to make sure it's glowing blue so I know it's on, bcuz all my tops also have that issue where sometimes they don't turn on the first time or two that I press the button so I'm always watching for the light, but by the time I get it to my mouth it'll blink and turn off just from the motion of bringing it to my mouth!! And I'm not moving that quick, especially with the Nibbler Xl attached to it! It's stressing me out! I know the center post on the Core is making contact with the center post on the top too so I don't understand why it would blink in the first place. And it doesn't blink as much with just batteries in it. Please let me know what ya think. Thanks in advance.

Vapoholic420,
Reactions: Oski2012

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
4.0v +.8 ohms = 5 amps.

Means it's over limit and won't work. 3.9v will work.

Because of production tolerances in the ceramic rods some come in at .89 and these work @ at 4.0v

Just a reminder 5 amps or 40 watts is the maximum it can provide.

clukx

question, ive had my omicron v2.5 a little over a year now, i might be getting a persei but im not sure if i need to purchase anything besides the persei + sr-74 are the batteries that come with the persei powerful enough to run the sr-74?

clukx,

Caligula

Maximus
question, ive had my omicron v2.5 a little over a year now, i might be getting a persei but im not sure if i need to purchase anything besides the persei + sr-74 are the batteries that come with the persei powerful enough to run the sr-74?

You will also want to pick up a pair of the AW IMR 18350 batteries. IIRC, W9 also sells these on their site. Be careful of buying from places like ebay, there are bogus ones out there. In fact, depending on how heavy you use it you may want two pairs so you can recharge one set and use the other. The SR71/74 eats through batteries like no other.

Edit: maybe wait for the new "8" vape unit. From what I gather itll be similar to the Persei except itll have upgraded tops and it will come with AW IMR batteries as well as a better charger. Oh and a Ti KISS cart to boot. Not a bad deal @$200 given thats what I paid for my Persei way back when.

Maybe @THC SCIENTIFIC can give a release date/ETA on it?

Last edited:

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
4.0v +.8 ohms = 5 amps.

Means it's over limit and won't work. 3.9v will work.

Because of production tolerances in the ceramic rods some come in at .89 and these work @ at 4.0v

Just a reminder 5 amps or 40 watts is the maximum it can provide.
Ok, thanks G. I'll try it on 3.9v instead next time I use it. Sorry it took so long for me to respond. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been able to keep up with the threads that I normally do on here.

Vapoholic420,

trebongs

hello,

I recently bought the Persei vaporizer and it suddenly stopped working. The light still turns blue but it no longer generates any heat or shows any red.

Could anyone help me out there?

Thanks so much in advance

trebongs,

exit

hello,

I recently bought the Persei vaporizer and it suddenly stopped working. The light still turns blue but it no longer generates any heat or shows any red.

Could anyone help me out there?

Thanks so much in advance

you are going to need to get a lot more specific

trebongs

you are going to need to get a lot more specific

sure

I believe the battery works just fine since it's turning blue.

I noticed that the heating element no longer turns red at all and it doesnt generate any heat. I attached some pictures below... any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

^ tip doesnt turn red anymore

^ could it have to do with this?

trebongs,

Caligula

Maximus
I can't view those pics but I'm going to assume you have an OG Persei/Omicron cart and is dead? What cart do you have, how long were you using it, what did you put in it, etc...

Caligula,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Do you have a second cart you can test with, to isolate the problem from the top or the cart?

syrupy,

Caligula

Maximus
Those carts do go out, and arent meant to be reused very much if at all. You should buy a pack of them anyway unless you want to step up to the reusable stuff like the Hercules. How much did you use it before it went out? Also Im assuming this is a 5 ohm cart since it came with the Persei. Not a great cart to start with for a beginner.

zeek01

You most likely have a dead cart in my opinion, like everyone else. Do you have a Multimeter? Correct me if Im wrong, but I think you should be able to test the resistance of the cart using one probed on the bottom and another on the threads. 'if the cart is bad, shouldn't he receive a invalid readong from his MM? Any of the electronics experts want to chime in? You could also use the MM to measure the voltage of the persei while you have the button pressed to make sure its outputting the power, but I highly doubt thats the issue since you didnt hook up a herc to it and blow it out. Speaking of, is this a new style or old style top? Does it have Persei written in small letering horizontally underneath the button on your top?

And did I see you say you are using cannabutter? Are you meaning literally cannabis infused butter? Like for cooking? Cause that definitely should not go in your persei carts. Its meant to be used with BHO, bubble hash, etc. Extracts, not actual canabutter.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
And did I see you say you are using cannabutter? Are you meaning literally cannabis infused butter? Like for cooking? Cause that definitely should not go in your persei carts. Its meant to be used with BHO, bubble hash, etc. Extracts, not actual canabutter.

I thought the same thing when I read @trebongs 's post. You don't use butter, you use "budder". It's a form of concentrate, not even remotely similar to actual cooking butter. Hopefully this solves your problem (or at least some of it)?

kindbeats,
Reactions: syrupy
I wait about a minute flat on a timer and then i already have preloaded dabs on the TI nail that is quite petite and i touch the hot rod to the nail where it makes minor vapor melts the dab and leaves a pool behind.
a cup style nail pref quarts works best! a pool of oil after ur hit is norm means there are more to come. the rod isn't going to blow thru a dab like a torched nail would.

Top Bottom