Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

Yup needs to be dialed in but thats not combustion. Thats been vaped.

Guys SR-74 options up, and sr74 been uploaded for pre orders. There is a sale on it right now.

So if I buy the $29.99 upgrade kit I just need to send in the white rod and nothing else? Bottom adapter and evrything I keep?

DasBlunt

Yup needs to be dialed in but thats not combustion. Thats been vaped.

Guys SR-74 options up, and sr74 been uploaded for pre orders. There is a sale on it right now.

In no way shape or form is any black material present an example of as you say "being vaped" and it seems your vaporizer is a glorified LED pipe.

Myself having worked in the best kitchens in the world, with the finest hand picked aromatic cuisine herbs known to man, I 100% guarantee you would fail any aromatic exam with your burnt swag.

There is only one perfect vaporizing of flower result, and it is all perfectly toasted, hardly approaching dark brown. When we vaporize, the essence of the aroma and the resulting high is the main objective.

There are many ways to consume buds, vaporizing is not smoking. Marketing and flashy LED pens with the name "vaporizer" does not mean you are doing it right with burnt material.

Word of warning to the people; oils too can just as easily be burnt, and the resulting combustion action and reaction upon your lungs is not yet well understood.

DasBlunt,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, please don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post. Calling a post a "troll post" can be akin to calling the author a troll which would be considered flaming and against the rules.

@DasBlunt Please don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on. Thank you.

thevaf

In no way shape or form is any black material present an example of as you say "being vaped" and it seems your vaporizer is a glorified LED pipe.

Myself having worked in the best kitchens in the world, with the finest hand picked aromatic cuisine herbs known to man, I 100% guarantee you would fail any aromatic exam with your burnt swag.

There is only one perfect vaporizing of flower result, and it is all perfectly toasted, hardly approaching dark brown. When we vaporize, the essence of the aroma and the resulting high is the main objective.

There are many ways to consume buds, vaporizing is not smoking. Marketing and flashy LED pens with the name "vaporizer" does not mean you are doing it right with burnt material.

Word of warning to the people; oils too can just as easily be burnt, and the resulting combustion action and reaction upon your lungs is not yet well understood.

The 3.7v black rod Hercules was designed to prevent overheating the oil by lowering the temps needed. I see the same with the new 7.4v white rod.

thevaf,
no hybrid vapor in my herc!
@THC SCIENTIFIC no sep hammer rods just hammer packs? think it would be a great add on for the acc part of the core and acc
-also if purchased 74 upgrade do we get to keep our original parts as back ups? wish a ti coil if only one was included with upgrade

Last edited:
abstract XstracT,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
no hybrid vapor in my herc!
@G no sep hammer rods just hammer packs?

I have to see about doing hammer rods, if we have separate they will go up. We are doing a clearance sale on everything that has been sitting here. So what ever we have its going up.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

DasBlunt

If you feel someone is breaking the rules or causing some kind of problem, please don’t try to deal with it yourself. Use the Report feature located at the bottom of each post. Calling a post a "troll post" can be akin to calling the author a troll which would be considered flaming and against the rules.

@DasBlunt Please don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on. Thank you.

The OP posted some pictures and I commented, he defended and I countered. If he has any other proof to my claim that looking at his burnt material, the machine he is using is not vaporizing, I would be more than welcome to receive and critique that information.

I appreciate the logical discussion found on this forum and name calling is not the mature atmosphere we generally find.

There are MANY ways to consume weed and a wide tolerance for what a vaporizer actually is in the marketplace.

exit

Got my 3 KISSes today

THOUGHTS!!!!

The 2 ohms are still reliable as ever. In the short life my first one lived, damn did it see a lot of abuse from me enthusiastically insisting other people hit it.

The 5 ohm is wild and nuts. I got it because I lost my battery adjustment piece and use a couple of tiny screwdrivers to adjust it, it's a pain finding the two but it works just fine. I wanted a KISS for when my Persei was in 7.4v and i was too lazy to change it :p

I just flashed the button every once in a while and got great hits. They tasted just fine. i paid dearly the one time i forgot and left my finger on the button for too long but it still works. Haven't burnt it out yet but did turn a pretty full dab dry in just a couple hits. That i definitely give it credit for. I think it'll have a good long life as a insta dabber for that reason if I keep from burning it out.

I think the 5 ohms have a really specific purpose and i found it was great for that. For when I don't have time to fuck with the herc but need to kill off that dab quick.

I will continue to use my two 2 ohms heavily. But not as heavily as my herc, which will soon see the upgrade of a SS kit and dual AW 18650's powering the herc! it will be beautiful!

thanks g. the hammer rod I believe is underrated. I too believe in a ti well without leela hammer don't do so great but with my quarts cupped bowl it was like having the herc b4 its time! I just wanted the pass thru and wahlah herb iron built in to persei nothing matches that
@exit sux u lost ur cell adapter I love mine as a dabber holder!
persei the leatherman of the vape world haha

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The OP posted some pictures and I commented, he defended and I countered. If he has any other proof to my claim that looking at his burnt material, the machine he is using is not vaporizing, I would be more than welcome to receive and critique that information.

I appreciate the logical discussion found on this forum and name calling is not the mature atmosphere we generally find.

There are MANY ways to consume weed and a wide tolerance for what a vaporizer actually is in the marketplace.

Well once you really want to have a vaporization discussion let me know. As for your comment it was really un educated as you really didnt know the context the images where shown and the comments that was made while the images where shown. I would suggest you ask questions before you comment on something that you just happen to see without prior discussion on it.

As i said these runs did not combust and there are a few degrees away from combustion. Now want to continue?

The fact that this Desk top unit can reach this stage means it can serv a wide range of vaporizers needs. From light extraction to full on almost combustion. Hope you understand. As for it being a LED pipe think you can do better? its a free world start your own company and lets see you do it. Enjoy your night stay safe.

"Better to ask questions first to establish a context then comment without knowledge"

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass

You're obviously a low temp vaper but some people prefer a full extraction and a dark coffee colored abv

will 2 3 volt icr123a cells work in the larger persei ss tube?
so excited really feels like Christmas now with everything up on w9! cant even decide what I want it all lookin so good esp the prices!

Last edited:
abstract XstracT,

DasBlunt

Well once you really want to have a vaporization discussion let me know.

As i said these runs did not combust and there are a few degrees away from combustion. Now want to continue?

As for it being a LED pipe think you can do better? its a free world start your own company and lets see you do it. Enjoy your night stay safe.

We are having a vaporizer discussion.

You can have said something, but it does not make it fact.

This is the original photo in which you claim the material is vaped, when there is most defiantly black there, which is BURNED. I started to need glasses this past year, but even in your fine quality phototbucket image, that right there is black burnt material that you are openly claiming is not.

http://s1254.photobucket.com/user/thcscientific/media/IMG_69451.jpg.html

Like I said, there are so many companies pushing widely different products and not much knowledge as to what is actually a vape. To not call out obvious combustion would It seems only equipment failures and customer service being the only critique.

DasBlunt,
w9 always makes it right the thing is in the works I guess ya it does look slightly burned/combusted but hes doing trial runs like trial and error but yea its a little more on the dark almond than bron bark true vape but I agree with thc sci as well as it didn't fully combust but got nearly to the point which I too agree is a good thing in knowing what it is capable of
Now on with the Christmas spirit I got floating between my ears

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
So I got an hour and a bit of sleep. Oh boy.

@DasBlunt you're wrong in how you're judging this. The "glorified LED pipe" you speak of is the Persei. This can do oils and herbs. @ataxian is a fan of the Bender, and he always comments on the flavor he gets. The pictures posted were of a completely different unit. Not a portable but a desktop unit.

Now I have to ask you this: is sign of combustion necessarily a bad thing? I think we can all agree that it's undesirable, but if combustion qualifies it as a bad vaporizer, then the VapeXhale Evo, HI, and other vaporizers should also be considered bad because they can combust. 'Can.' But that's not the point, so you don't go that high in temperature. I think the unit he's using is pretty new, he has time to work out the rest. Dark ABV that is not combusted is desirable to some people. Not all, definitely not those after the incredible terpenes that some quality gives you. But people like me need those high-temp CBDs. It's interesting to see what will happen, but it's not the Persei. It's "the desk top".

DasBlunt

FYI, it is only about a 60F difference to CBD from THC boiling point temps.

There is vapor, but not combustion in boiling points, those are the numbers for boiling points.

Unless I see temp-gun numbers in real time, will I ever believe claims by manufacturers. A given temperature of a heating element is only at that exact space, the chamber heats, the material heats, and in this case there was charcoal, maybe no ash, but like I stated in the MFLB thread, you can make charcoal out of trees without producing ash. There will be smoke, fact.

So I got an hour and a bit of sleep. Oh boy.

@DasBlunt you're wrong in how you're judging this. The "glorified LED pipe" you speak of is the Persei. This can do oils and herbs. @ataxian is a fan of the Bender, and he always comments on the flavor he gets. The pictures posted were of a completely different unit. Not a portable but a desktop unit.

Now I have to ask you this: is sign of combustion necessarily a bad thing? I think we can all agree that it's undesirable, but if combustion qualifies it as a bad vaporizer, then the VapeXhale Evo, HI, and other vaporizers should also be considered bad because they can combust. 'Can.' But that's not the point, so you don't go that high in temperature. I think the unit he's using is pretty new, he has time to work out the rest. Dark ABV that is not combusted is desirable to some people. Not all, definitely not those after the incredible terpenes that some quality gives you. But people like me need those high-temp CBDs. It's interesting to see what will happen, but it's not the Persei. It's "the desk top".

DasBlunt,

zeek01

Just ordered my two upgrade kits! Cant wait! Thanks W9!

@THC SCIENTIFIC: If I ordered the upgrade kit (two of them actually!), but I really want to keep my current white rods, would it be possible to just pay for two extra SR-74 rods at $9.99 as listed on the site and not send in my two old white rods, but keep them?

Last edited:
zeek01,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@DasBlunt I would love to discuss vaporization with you, but a discussion starts with questions not attacks without first reading the comments.

Now you said the PErsei is a LED pipe?

Proof enough it can vape?

Your comments are now null and void about the Persei Vaporizer.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
FYI, it is only about a 60F difference to CBD from THC boiling point temps.

There is vapor, but not combustion in boiling points, those are the numbers for boiling points.

Unless I see temp-gun numbers in real time, will I ever believe claims by manufacturers. A given temperature of a heating element is only at that exact space, the chamber heats, the material heats, and in this case there was charcoal, maybe no ash, but like I stated in the MFLB thread, you can make charcoal out of trees without producing ash. There will be smoke, fact.
I can't argue with you. Combustion can occur that will leave material black but not ashed. As I understand it, combustion is a chemical process. This is something we avoid in general. The fact that it got to that temperature means it's too high for flower, maybe enough to do oils. Combustion of cannabis supposedly occurs around 420 degrees (so I've read) which is pretty low for oil I think. I will admit I don't have as much experience as others at vaporizing concentrates at exact temperatures, but I've noticed a lot of the people that use electric nails keep it in the 700-800 range. I'm not sure if that's too high or not. I think it's a matter of preference. Part of the ritual.

The point is it can also probably reach every temperature below combustion, too. Probably including your range, too. I don't know, THC hasn't posted any pictures of what it is. It's a bit hard to judge from a few pictures with disclaimers previously that he's been working on it. There were reports of Evo combusting too but that doesn't mean they're not doing great at lower temperatures. Just an example, but we have more info with the Evo than desk top.

DasBlunt

Oils can most certainly combust, and do. Boiling temps are the only thing that defines vapor, be it oil or flower. Most people are combusting their oil anyways, and I doubt they care. It is the mis-marketing that is frightening ( "health" this, "health" that). What is worse, the same thing happened with cigarettes ( IE. allowing smoking in public), but that is of a past time, but we still deal with the massive health consequences, heavy stuff. We even see movements to allow the smoking or consumption of weed openly in public…….Are people paying attention? You know my toddler is standing right there?

I can't argue with you. Combustion can occur that will leave material black but not ashed. As I understand it, combustion is a chemical process. This is something we avoid in general. The fact that it got to that temperature means it's too high for flower, maybe enough to do oils. Combustion of cannabis supposedly occurs around 420 degrees (so I've read) which is pretty low for oil I think. I will admit I don't have as much experience as others at vaporizing concentrates at exact temperatures, but I've noticed a lot of the people that use electric nails keep it in the 700-800 range. I'm not sure if that's too high or not. I think it's a matter of preference. Part of the ritual.

The point is it can also probably reach every temperature below combustion, too. Probably including your range, too. I don't know, THC hasn't posted any pictures of what it is. It's a bit hard to judge from a few pictures with disclaimers previously that he's been working on it. There were reports of Evo combusting too but that doesn't mean they're not doing great at lower temperatures. Just an example, but we have more info with the Evo than desk top.

DasBlunt,
Reactions: jpdnkstr

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC For the sr74 upgrade, does the rod need to be sent in first, or upon receipt of the upgrade kit? Do we HAVE to preorder it, or can i just order it at this price when its released?
Finally, at what voltage do the Okeanos carts run? 3.7 or 7.4?

TIA

Sleepin

BTW - my post office was closed for some f'in reason, so my black rod is being sent in tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Edit* sorry for the rapid fire, been building em up a bit.

=)

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,
Top Bottom