Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Hey, doesnt this new top have an auto timer function or some such fany-pants shit? Hows that work?
the new tops have a cutoff, so if you hold the button down it will not stay on forever. If you watch, the LED light will eventually go off even if you are holding the button down. It is not something you have to do anything about.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
My new toy. Works pretty well with the Persei/SR-71. Just added a piece of silicon tubing to the MP for a good seal since its a 14mm female joint and the SR-71 size is a little big for complete entry. Its made for well the LAyG style of carts. I plugged the carb with an eraser piece since you don’t use one with the sr-71 for the cool down cycle. One handed operation and fits in the pocket sort of - not that I am going to be in public with it...
That is super cool!
Where can this water device be found?
Non disposable carts are dope , they almost pay for them selves at times lol lol.
If I counted every gram that went thru my cera or herc it out weighs the price tag by large amounts lol lol vs the Disposable carts.

After 10 grams of use thru my devices I stopped counting , I calculated it as every gram of wax/shatter/budder in a disposable was 10-15 bucks each, after 10 grams in the cera or herc it payed it self off (after $400-500 in oils lol).

On average 40-50 bucks per gram.
The stuff below could range from 60-75 a gram( Ive seen it up to $100 a Gram), but I got the homie deal from my good friend who owned a dispensary at one point .

Blonde SHATTER!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Alright thanks for all the info and links regarding the Efest batteries, also sorry if I offended anyone, I was unaware that anyone from W9/Uptech had commented on the Efest batteries. On a side note, the sr-71 has exceeded my expectations now that I've got it working.

Please offer a honest feedback what do you think should be changed and how would you compare the taste vs other experiences you may have had?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Alright thanks for all the info and links regarding the Efest batteries, also sorry if I offended anyone, I was unaware that anyone from W9/Uptech had commented on the Efest batteries. On a side note, the sr-71 has exceeded my expectations now that I've got it working.

http://www.amazon.com/IMR-18350-3-7v-Rechargeable-Button/dp/B00D0ODHKS
I dont think you offended anyone its just up to you to figure out what batteries suit you better.

This place is super reputable and you can get a real good deal on the batteries, this place is legit and it hard to find a better price plus a place thats as reputable. I get most of my batteries here instead of paying elsewhere $12-to 15 bucks a piece.
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-18350-700mAh-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3818.html
Glad you got it working, its a finiky device but once you get it dialed in you should get good use out of it.
I lost 2 grams of high quality oil trying to first figure it out.
Its not an easy device to use but learn the learning curve and it shall reward you.
Coils might need a redesign, but seem to be working okay for most.

http://www.sweetvapes.com/Pages/AWbatteriesandChargers.aspx

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Please offer a honest feedback
The HERCULES SR71 is so powerful.
I can't use it for a driver.

I used it once a day and before bed time for this device. (replaces AMBEIN C)
My FULL MELT works really well with a 30% COIL fitted with a White Rod.
After 0.40 gram SHATTER I just load on top of it with the FULL MELT.

My plan is to just clean it without taking it apart with 99% ISO.

Also that if I pulse 5 seconds at a time until I get clouds works best.
Holding the button too long might destroy your flavor profile.
Once I start getting nice clouds I pulse even less.

This device fits my medical needs because it medicates me so quickly!

I know my Water Rigs are ugly however the NIBBLER is on my wish list.

Your innovations make medication a pleasure!

Keep Innovating!

ataxian,
Please offer a honest feedback what do you think should be changed and how would you compare the taste vs other experiences you may have had?
I think that the device should be designed to be less prone to user error, I can only imagine the headache a consumer who doesn't use the internet would have trying to get this to work. The coil cutting is pretty ridiculous in my opinion if I'm being honest, it's just such a "ghetto" solution. Yet it's essential if you want to the device to work, but strangely it's not even mentioned in the instructional guide that came with my SR-71.

That aside, the taste and hit size are phenomenal, as is the level of customer support/service I have received with regards to this product. Once I got this up and running it made all the frustration worthwhile. I'd say the taste is on par with my Ti nail/Glass Bubbler setup.

On a side note I've asked this like 3 times now and I feel like I'm just being ignored. What is the fastest way for me to get a replacement single head top? I've seen users in this thread talk about getting a new one, in person, in the Bay Area (which I am located in). Is there some sort of a W9/Uptech store or a dealer I can drive to? Or should I just call W9 and wait.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I think that the device should be designed to be less prone to user error, I can only imagine the headache a consumer who doesn't use the internet would have trying to get this to work. The coil cutting is pretty ridiculous in my opinion if I'm being honest, it's just such a "ghetto" solution. Yet it's essential if you want to the device to work, but strangely it's not even mentioned in the instructional guide that came with my SR-71.

That aside, the taste and hit size are phenomenal, as is the level of customer support/service I have received with regards to this product. Once I got this up and running it made all the frustration worthwhile.

On a side note I've asked this like 3 times now and I feel like I'm just being ignored. What is the fastest way for me to get a replacement single head top? I've seen users in this thread talk about getting a new one, in person, in the Bay Area (which I am located in). Is there some sort of a W9/Uptech store or a dealer I can drive to? Or should I just call W9 and wait.
Not sure if @DubCRider is in the bay and might be a w9tech rep, you might want to pm him and see if hes near you.
If not you need to either walk in to the van nuys w9tech location, or open up a ticket on the w9tech website.
Hope this helps!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

That aside, the taste and hit size are phenomenal, as is the level of customer support/service I have received with regards to this product. Once I got this up and running it made all the frustration worthwhile. I'd say the taste is on par with my Ti nail/Glass Bubbler setup.

Dubc will not be handling warranties anymore he is a sales rep for our wholesale side only.

All warranty issues need to go through w9tech.com directly. This is done to make sure we inventory and account for everything.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Caligula

Maximus
@THC SCIENTIFIC

Re: Feedback on the SR-71 Hercules cart:

Bottom PTFE insulator needs a redesign in order to prevent the end user from having to fiddle with the adjustment screws.

Closer tolerances in the production pieces to prevent things like the SS cap becoming an air leak issue.

Slightly clearer (more visible) markings to help orient the end user when assembling the unit, especially in low light conditions.

Redesign so that it is not necessary to remove the heat-shield in order to remove the SS cap. This is probably the most aggravating thing for me ATM.

Also, something should be done to prevent the runoff oil from getting into the 4 pronged post that the ceramic rod goes into in the lower chamber. I HATE cleaning that thing, and quite honestly I don't even bother trying to reclaim the stuff in it.

Coils in and of themselves need a redesign:
  • Coils needs to come in various lengths for various viscosities.
  • Perhaps different densities (how tightly packed the coil is) are also something that should be looked at IMO.
  • Better (more secure) method of removing the coil from the chamber (the current single wire solution is insufficient)
  • Better contact/wicking/capillary action within the coil to help keep oil from running away from the heat.

If I think of more suggestions, Ill be sure to post up.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
The top cap for the nibbler xl gets stuck the threads are not very well sized (ala ataxian breaking his).
better design on the coils, or new design all ltogether.
more friendly user
the 4 holes at the bottom can still allow oil to leak thru.
The old tanks kept oil contained and vaped all oil off, new coils push alot of the oil outward towards walls :(
Be able to use small tiny amounts like dabs, I can load small dabs an get super medicated with the smallest amount, herc is oil hungry and needs way to much to function properly.
Efficiency is key
Nail rig is still the most efficient way of conserving but yet comes with huge giant clouds, instant medication.

@THC SCIENTIFIC

Re: Feedback on the SR-71 Hercules cart:

Bottom PTFE insulator needs a redesign in order to prevent the end user from having to fiddle with the adjustment screws.

Closer tolerances in the production pieces to prevent things like the SS cap becoming an air leak issue.

Slightly clearer (more visible) markings to help orient the end user when assembling the unit, especially in low light conditions.

Redesign so that it is not necessary to remove the heat-shield in order to remove the SS cap. This is probably the most aggravating thing for me ATM.

Also, something should be done to prevent the runoff oil from getting into the 4 pronged post that the ceramic rod goes into in the lower chamber. I HATE cleaning that thing, and quite honestly I don't even bother trying to reclaim the stuff in it.

Coils in and of themselves need a redesign:
  • Coils needs to come in various lengths for various viscosities.
  • Perhaps different densities (how tightly packed the coil is) are also something that should be looked at IMO.
  • Better (more secure) method of removing the coil from the chamber (the current single wire solution is insufficient)
  • Better contact/wicking/capillary action within the coil to help keep oil from running away from the heat.

If I think of more suggestions, Ill be sure to post up.

Beat me to it @Caligula lol lol
I completely agree!!!!

I have to add that being able to breaking the herc down for total cleaning is awesome but its very tedious for most with all the small parts that can get lost.
The herc is so powerful that it should be able to adapt to having tanks than can produce alot from a little , and vise versa use the oil coil as intended and can vape a whole half gram in a n instant, but it need to be able to adjust to all different styles of vaporizing.
I for one Like huge hits to get medicated as quickly as possible but with the smallest amount needed.

EDIT
Also Ssize is really large , it could of maybe used a shorter tube with a smaller shell and a low pro type of mouthpiece.
It could of bein wider and shorter , might of fit closer to the persei's original circumfrence/diameter.
:2c:

Last edited:

415~650
Wass cracken, I got the Persei and actually haven't used it in a while. Im interested in the Hercules but am looking for detailed info, and more of a breakdown of how it works. anyone know of any medical clubs in the bay area or even websites to get more detailed info on the pieces to it?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Wass cracken, I got the Persei and actually haven't used it in a while. Im interested in the Hercules but am looking for detailed info, and more of a breakdown of how it works. anyone know of any medical clubs in the bay area or even websites to get more detailed info on the pieces to it?

Not much info out there, FC is your best bet.

friedbanana8

The top cap for the nibbler xl gets stuck the threads are not very well sized (ala ataxian breaking his).
better design on the coils, or new design all ltogether.
more friendly user
the 4 holes at the bottom can still allow oil to leak thru.
The old tanks kept oil contained and vaped all oil off, new coils push alot of the oil outward towards walls :(
Be able to use small tiny amounts like dabs, I can load small dabs an get super medicated with the smallest amount, herc is oil hungry and needs way to much to function properly.
Efficiency is key
Nail rig is still the most efficient way of conserving but yet comes with huge giant clouds, instant medication.

Beat me to it @Caligula lol lol
I completely agree!!!!

I have to add that being able to breaking the herc down for total cleaning is awesome but its very tedious for most with all the small parts that can get lost.
The herc is so powerful that it should be able to adapt to having tanks than can produce alot from a little , and vise versa use the oil coil as intended and can vape a whole half gram in a n instant, but it need to be able to adjust to all different styles of vaporizing.
I for one Like huge hits to get medicated as quickly as possible but with the smallest amount needed.

EDIT
Also Ssize is really large , it could of maybe used a shorter tube with a smaller shell and a low pro type of mouthpiece.
It could of bein wider and shorter , might of fit closer to the persei's original circumfrence/diameter.
:2c:

but the herc was never marketed as being conservative with oil, quite the opposite from what ive read on here. On the bright side, i hear the black rod is more conservative than the white rod. I got my black rod a couple days ago, but i havent vaped in a while so i cant confirm that myself. seems like all my professors conspired against me and planned all their tests in the same week :bang:. as much as i hate to admit it, im not at my best when im baked.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
but the herc was never marketed as being conservative with oil, quite the opposite from what ive read on here. On the bright side, i hear the black rod is more conservative than the white rod. I got my black rod a couple days ago, but i havent vaped in a while so i cant confirm that myself. seems like all my professors conspired against me and planned all their tests in the same week :bang:. as much as i hate to admit it, im not at my best when im baked.
exactly it was marketed as vaping up a half gram in a puff or two if thats what you like , but I was juts giving constructive criticism on the fact that with different tanks.coils it can possibly be conservative yet give out huge hits .
They asked what would you change or make different to make the herc better .
So i was just giving MHO and :2c:
Lately I have been tasting the SS coils , I just took apart the cera and torched all ceramics back to white and flavor is amazing again, gotta say that a clean cera is just as tasty if not better than the herc, only because I can taste the coil heating up now, very weird.
Cera and herc are the 2 best tasting devices so far, gotta try the dr dabber with titanium coils (I hear the flavor is unreal) and the VB dabbler to compare.

Last edited:

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
but the herc was never marketed as being conservative with oil, quite the opposite from what ive read on here. On the bright side, i hear the black rod is more conservative than the white rod.

Its true. I bought the 7.4 version in August, and once I got the hang of it, I loved it. I definitely used more oil.. way more. The top threads deformed, and the top started popping off in my Nibbler XL. When the 3.7 v came out I bought a whole new unit and also a new Cera EO. I love the Cera, but the water attachment on the herc is MUCH better for travel. I wish I could say there was a flavor difference, but I love both pieces. The herc 3.7 is much more frugal with oil. It heats up much slower and cools much faster.
I love being able to disassemble the herc to fix simple problems myself.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Not much info out there, FC is your best bet.

Very nice video!
Thanks for the information.

Bob was using the HAMMER TOP?

I put my HAMMER TOP on a PERSEI with a SR71 filled with DOG SHIT FULL MELT.
The TASTES IS EXCELLENT and very important.
I have been into WAXES and FLOWERS however FULL MELT TASTE GREAT!

Last edited:

friedbanana8

Its true. I bought the 7.4 version in August, and once I got the hang of it, I loved it. I definitely used more oil.. way more. The top threads deformed, and the top started popping off in my Nibbler XL. When the 3.7 v came out I bought a whole new unit and also a new Cera EO. I love the Cera, but the water attachment on the herc is MUCH better for travel. I wish I could say there was a flavor difference, but I love both pieces. The herc 3.7 is much more frugal with oil. It heats up much slower and cools much faster.

Awesome thats what i want to hear. Im not a cloud chaser so i think the herc 3.7v is a better match for me. I actually found the herc 7.4v to be pretty intimidating at full power and usually just feathered the button and took sherlock style hits. Im hoping the 3.7v is less sensitive, which is what everyone appears to be saying, so im in for a real treat once i get through with all my tests :ko:. Ill probably treat myself to some new wax in celebration:science:.

friedbanana8

exactly it was marketed as vaping up a half gram in a puff or two if thats what you like , but I was juts giving constructive criticism on the fact that with different tanks.coils it can possibly be conservative yet give out huge hits .
They asked what would you change or make different to make the herc better .
So i was just giving MHO and :2c:
Lately I have been tasting the SS coils , I just took apart the cera and torched all ceramics back to white and flavor is amazing again, gotta say that a clean cera is just as tasty if not better than the herc, only because I can taste the coil heating up now, very weird.
Cera and herc are the 2 best tasting devices so far, gotta try the dr dabber with titanium coils (I hear the flavor is unreal) and the VB dabbler to compare.

oh, right on man. heck yeah, if it saves me from more trips to pick up wax then i aint complaining! I think i remember reading though that there was some testing going on with the coils once they found out that differing sizes were in order for different consistencies of waxes. Its been awhile since ive heard anything about it. whats the skinny on that, THC?

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Awesome thats what i want to hear. Im not a cloud chaser so i think the herc 3.7v is a better match for me. I actually found the herc 7.4v to be pretty intimidating at full power and usually just feathered the button and took sherlock style hits. Im hoping the 3.7v is less sensitive, which is what everyone appears to be saying, so im in for a real treat once i get through with all my tests :ko:. Ill probably treat myself to some new wax in celebration:science:.
I dont condone voiding your warranty , but i took the 4 screws out my cera removed core , torched clean, and re assembled thats it , works like a brand new cart.
Yeah further testing is needed but I havent hit the cera in a while and now that I cleaned her up I tested her out and was stoked to get that flavor back, the herc taste great too, and the black rod gives way more flavor than the 7.4v (white rod) , but I my self have stated that I at times am a cloud chaser due to needing to medicated rather quickly and thats the only way I have been able to medicate quickly is one fat ass hit. lol

If you have one or the other you cant go wrong,at all.
The water attachment is cool ,but for me doesnt work as intended because the top cap gets stuck in it (still stuck till I figure a way to get it out).
The herc is rather large and then with the nibbler xl its not as portable for me, but @ home or at a buddys house its awesome to be able to water cool the vapor, and not worry how to connect to your friends water piece.
The nibbler x is way more compact, to bad you cant use it with the herc with just the outer sleeve removed.
If your using it in your car then I agree the nibbler xl is a great addition, but not to put in my pocket and walk around lets say venice beach and try to be inconspicuous with the whole set up.
:dog:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The last few pages of this thread have been moved for reasons that should be clear to all who were involved. I apologize for not addressing this earlier, I didn't have the time to read over things in detail when I made a short post this morning asking people to cool down and take the material discussion to an appropriate thread.

• If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread.
That forum rule exists for a reason. We know from experience that it's necessary, and if you read the last few pages that I just moved, you have an idea why.

If you want to discuss the safety of various materials at different temperatures and under different conditions, please feel free to make a non-model-specific thread in General Discussion. I hope you have a team of capable scientists, a research facility and millions of dollars to work with. ;)

• Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed. State your complaint and move on.
This rule exists for good reason as well. I don't know the history between @THC SCIENTIFIC and @BLAZING OG and in these situations it's extremely unlikely that the parties will ever agree on what happened. What's sure is that these discussions don't belong in this thread or even on this forum.

It was disappointing reading some of the stuff posted here and it seemed out of character. No warnings have been given out at this point as our staff will have to go over the posts and decide what to do. However, any further off-topic posts in the same vein will likely earn their author a warning.

@BLAZING OG please refrain from posting in this thread until further notice as it does appear that there may be a conflict of interest occurring.

Thank you for your cooperation and let's get this thread back on track please. :)

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Now that we are back in track @Caligula you said your taste is off, can you send me the coils in question? I'm gonna take a look at then and see in what condition they are in. Send then to me as clean as you think you can get them. Thanks.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
So to get back on track, I've come to the conclusion that the "off taste" and the mystery vapor are a result of contaminants trapped inside the coil. The reason I say this is because I noticed the same vaguely matallic smell/taste coming off of my dirty ceramic rod when I tried heat cycling it to clean it. There was enough hard black residue on the rod to turn my white rod black as well as to prevent me from pulling the rod out through the bottom. Instead I had to push it through the top because it was too thick from the build up on the other end to fit.

Anyway, I spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the coil and I still got massive amount of this mystery vapor coming off during burn off sessions. That basically means that I either cant clean it, or its going to take more time and effort than I'm willing to put in to clean it.

All that aside, I am getting massive flavor again now that I switched to a less used (but sadly not as eeffective due to the cut) coil. That basically clenched it for the old coil being the culprit of my taste issue.

What did I learn from this? The coils are disposable and this one needs to be tossed at this point.

Input is appreciated.

Now that we are back in track @Caligula you said your taste is off, can you send me the coils in question? I'm gonna take a look at then and see in what condition they are in. Send then to me as clean as you think you can get them. Thanks.

Edit: Just saw this. Ill send you the coils (and my dead double top, lol) in the next few days. Can u please PM me specifics as to whom to address it to?

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Address it directly to me. I'll have a look.

As for the coils we are working on a titanium version so it can be torched clean. The ceramic is just not an option because fear of people scraping it and inhaling the dust.

Top Bottom