Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
An idea for THC...a bottom cap that doubles as a stand for the Persei. It would just be a cap with a larger diameter on the very bottom...say 2-3 times larger. A screw in stand...get it? This would be great for home use and when you're on the go...switch it out for the original black cap. Gonna have a buddy machine one for me but I would still buy a more finished product.
that's a great idea, limo
i'm staring at my two torches, thinking, hmmm one those plastic bases w/ a smaller diameter would be perfect

OF

Im experiencing something like this also but mine started once I switched to the aw imr 700 batts. Seems like im blowing carts left and right, one 1.5 and one 5.0 both with fresh fills.

If you're amazed at the jump in performance with AW IMRs over 'just as good' batteries available elsewhere you're not the first to notice......now you know why so many of us love them. And they take abuse better than most (not that your should needlessly of course). Yes, the capacity is sometimes less, and the cost higher, but IMO it's worth it if you want the best performance.

Sorry your old carts were too weak to keep up with the new pace over you're way, but ya gotta move on.....

Enjoy the new level of performance.

OF

redeye homie

Hey OF... Now that I know what im dealing with im so loving it!! its like a whole other beast once you pop those AW IMR's in. Got me by surprise r.i.p to those carts, they never seen what hit em...hahaha

OF

Hey OF... Now that I know what im dealing with im so loving it!! its like a whole other beast once you pop those AW IMR's in. Got me by surprise r.i.p to those carts, they never seen what hit em...hahaha

Same trick really puts new life in Omicron V2. You need the shorter tube or longer cap to use the AW IMR 14500s instead of the stock IMR 14650s. You pick up something over 20% more power in the load IIRC. Big difference.

Enjoy it, you broke the code, savor the fruits of your labor.....

OF

khof

An idea for THC...a bottom cap that doubles as a stand for the Persei. It would just be a cap with a larger diameter on the very bottom...say 2-3 times larger. A screw in stand...get it? This would be great for home use and when you're on the go...switch it out for the original black cap. Gonna have a buddy machine one for me but I would still buy a more finished product.

When i first got my nibbler x it was a chore to take it on and off everytime i wanted to use the Persei. I was terrified it would fall over and break. My solution was to take mmj plastic bottle, screw it through the bottom into a 10"x4" piece of wood and then apply adhesive backed foam padding to the inside of the bottle. I then wrapped the outside of the pill bottle in a piece of leather and sewed it up(i was bored and the wood I used is beautiful so the plastic pill bottle looked weird on top). All in all it's avery effective stand for the persei, my e-cig or the nibbler x on it's own. I'll post up pics later.

OF

My solution was to take mmj plastic bottle, screw it through the bottom into a 10"x4" piece of wood and then apply adhesive backed foam padding to the inside of the bottle. I then wrapped the outside of the pill bottle in a piece of leather and sewed it up(i was bored and the wood I used is beautiful so the plastic pill bottle looked weird on top).

Wow, much different than the toilet paper tube I have scotch taped to the handle of the tin (actually SS) cup full of pencils and other junk next to my monitor isn't it?

Mine's much cheaper, easier to make and much less likely to be stolen......

I suspect yours would be more popular, though?

BTW, I waited until I'd knocked mine over a second time before I did more than move it around. You'd think after a guy proved it's a great way to spill smelly water into your keyboard a better solution would have been found? Naw.....

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

MaxVapor

The Professor
that's a great idea, limo
i'm staring at my two torches, thinking, hmmm one those plastic bases w/ a smaller diameter would be perfect

Here is something I just whipped up (unexpected free evening). It's a holder for Persei and 6 carts. I am going to try and print this on my 3D printer soon. I'll post pics if it works out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Limosnero

Here is something I just whipped up (unexpected free evening). It's a holder for Persei and 6 carts. I am going to try and print this on my 3D printer soon. I'll post pics if it works out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That's pretty cool...I don't have a 3D printer but I think I'm going to pick up some epoxy today and try to mold one (so to speak) unless you want to print another that I would gladly purchase :) Actually would take a dozen between people I know and myself they would go like hot cakes.

OB

Theres places u can use 3D printers plus a plethora of other fabrication tools. In sd makersmart has monthly memberships. Theres another place in the bay area started by one of the myth buster guys. Best part is if u have no idea what ur doin they got classes. They just got a new printer in with water soluble filler material

MaxVapor

The Professor
For 3D printing, there are places you can go, and online services like Shapeways. Once I test it out I may put it up there (printer is down right now due to some upgrades). I got a Printrbot from website of the same name when they did their kickstarter. Their entry level Jr. model is 400 if I remember correctly. You will need to allocate a like amount for tools, additional components and some plastics.

So to bring this back on topic, look at your vape collection and figure out what you can sell to net you 800 to spend. :D

friedbanana8

so ive been using my persei with the long ss tube attached to the original persei tube with two longer aw imr 3.7v batts, one is 1600mah and the other 2000mah which i purchased a week later. Been using it for about a week, and i just noticed that they are different in terms of mah value. Is this bad? i havent had any problems at all, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought. I only use them as a pair.
I use this combination for at home sessions because the performance they deliever is definately better than with the two mini aw imr 3.7v batts. Its hard not to cough if i hold the button a second longer than 3 seconds, which is cool cause i get instant big hits after only 3 seconds.

friedbanana8,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
so ive been using my persei with the long ss tube attached to the original persei tube with two longer aw imr 3.7v batts, one is 1600mah and the other 2000mah which i purchased a week later. Been using it for about a week, and i just noticed that they are different in terms of mah value. Is this bad? i havent had any problems at all, but i just wanted to see what you guys thought. I only use them as a pair.
I use this combination for at home sessions because the performance they deliever is definately better than with the two mini aw imr 3.7v batts. Its hard not to cough if i hold the button a second longer than 3 seconds, which is cool cause i get instant big hits after only 3 seconds.

ya this is bad, do not do this all cells (batteries) must mach 100% in all characteristics.

Always match the chemistry, voltage, and mah.

Always pair cells from day one of purchase, never mix old cells with new cells. follow these steps and you will reduce chances future issues.

MaxVapor

The Professor
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat, thats awesome, how much for one lol lol :mmmm::mmmm::mmmm:

New version. Decided to have printed at Shapeways but 1st design used too much material so was way too expensive. This one is too expensive as well (although I ordered one to see how it comes out). Going to design something better that will be cheaper to print. Maybe Persei + Carts + Batteries.

OF

ya this is bad, do not do this all cells (batteries) must mach 100% in all characteristics.

Always match the chemistry, voltage, and mah.

Always pair cells from day one of purchase, never mix old cells with new cells. follow these steps and you will reduce chances future issues.

Listen to the man, friends and neighbors, he's calling it straight. In such cases they work as a pair, when one gets weak the other is still pushing even if the heat is dropping a bit. This will completely discharge the weaker one (not at all good) but more importantly it can even reverse charge it (or try), that is make the positive end negative WRT the negative end, basically fatal to the battery.

What you're doing will hammer the capacity if it doesn't kill it outright.

Don't mix, match.

New version. Decided to have printed at Shapeways but 1st design used too much material so was way too expensive. This one is too expensive as well (although I ordered one to see how it comes out). Going to design something better that will be cheaper to print. Maybe Persei + Carts + Batteries.

Cool. I'd plan to have a hollow area in the base so you can glue in some steel or better still, lead, shot to weight it down?

OF

k3nd4l

finally filled a 5ohm cart. Coming to concentrates from bongs/blunts THIS is what I was looking for out of the persei. It's no stealth hit but it gets me to where I like to be in just a few hits rather than the hefty amount I was taking at 2.4

to me the 5 is easier than 2.4. I like only having to press the button for a second or less while inhaling over pulsing the button for a couple seconds w. the 2.4. honestly thinking of emptying out my filled 2.4 and putting it in another 5.0

also since I don't use the original persei body I took the adjustable spring out Of that and put it in the bigger SS tube + 2 short Aw batteries in order to have a 7.4 SS & a 3.7 SS. this won't damage anything will it ? I have the adjus. spring far enough down & the top just loose enough so that the batteries aren't being pressed into them

k3nd4l,

MaxVapor

The Professor
I'd plan to have a hollow area in the base so you can glue in some steel or better still, lead, shot to weight it down?
OF

I have been thinking of a good way to add weight, the plastic is very light (and printing it in metal costs more than the Persei). I am thinking off putting in an inset on the bottom and just hot glueing in a metal square or disk.

OF

I am thinking off putting in an inset on the bottom and just hot glueing in a metal square or disk.

I'm thinking along the same lines, I figured if you had a cavity (it's hollow inside, right?) you could pour in some shot (or even BBs) then some glue (I think thin epoxy?) and let is glue in. Maybe, if its hollow, punch a hole in the bottom, pour the shot and glue in, tape over the hole and set it upright to cure?

As a lad I weighted down a ceramic chess set this way. Pried the felt off the bottom, filled the insides with BBs and wood glue (what I had) and put the felt back on. Made them 'feel like a million bucks'......didn't improve my game any, though.....

OF

friedbanana8

Listen to the man, friends and neighbors, he's calling it straight. In such cases they work as a pair, when one gets weak the other is still pushing even if the heat is dropping a bit. This will completely discharge the weaker one (not at all good) but more importantly it can even reverse charge it (or try), that is make the positive end negative WRT the negative end, basically fatal to the battery.

What you're doing will hammer the capacity if it doesn't kill it outright.

Don't mix, match.

OF

im grateful for the information guys, and i have stopped using them as a pair. i guess ill just have to order a new pair that do match when i order more carts. for now the mini 3.7v with 5 second hits should do the trick!
so the higher the mah value the stronger the batt i presume?

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
We can assume that giving it a fresh charged battery will set it straight every time? To me that says we have a battery (capacity) or charger (not charging fully or correctly) issue.

Do you have more than one battery or another charger? This is a Persei, don't you have a pair of 18350s?

OF
I have the original single 18650 and the two 18350s that came w/ the kit. No extra charger or batteries yet.
The 18350s sometimes flicker, but nowhere near as often as the 18650.

I found a multi-meter I can use, what should I measure (and how, haha) to figure out the problem? Should I do a volt test on each battery before or after charge, or do I test the Persei top itself with the batteries in? Not much experience with MultiMeters.
And, to add to this pathetic plethora of questions, I saw earlier in your posts to FriedBanana about mixing batteries; could my problem be that, for a few weeks, I was using the two 18350's separately with my short SS tube? I assumed that if I charged them in tandem, the volts would eventually match again, I'm feeling like this is majorly wrong now.

Atomsk,

OF

The 18350s sometimes flicker, but nowhere near as often as the 18650.

I found a multi-meter I can use, what should I measure (and how, haha) to figure out the problem? Should I do a volt test on each battery before or after charge, or do I test the Persei top itself with the batteries in?

I assumed that if I charged them in tandem, the volts would eventually match again, I'm feeling like this is majorly wrong now.

Yes, as long as neither got badly abused, charging them should let them work as a team again.

I'd measure the before and after charging voltage (probably a 20 VDC range?) You're looking for something close to 4.1 fully charged. I wonder if it's spring tension problems? Is it shock sensitive?

The sad part is we're working back at sending it in......I hate to point out this didn't happen until the new head came?

How does the dual head work?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Atomsk
Top Bottom