Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Thanks all for the fast response. Bouts or periods of dyspnea can really tear at your quality of life. And its not asthma. Sometimes some puregold helps, sometimes it makes it worse (inducing panic), or does nothing. So maybe water vapor would help. Or would that be like drowning (knowingly putting liquid in the lungs)? Doctors are fairly useless, unless you are looking to be a pill popping drone of modern medicine.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks all for the fast response. Bouts or periods of dyspnea can really tear at your quality of life. And its not asthma. Sometimes some puregold helps, sometimes it makes it worse (inducing panic), or does nothing. So maybe water vapor would help. Or would that be like drowning (knowingly putting liquid in the lungs)? Doctors are fairly useless, unless you are looking to be a pill popping drone of modern medicine.

If doctors wont tell you water vapor is good for dyspnea then i dont think anyone on this board can.

I would look into liquid oxygen maybe someone has perfected the science where you can vape oxygen from a cart.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Liquid oxygen may work, to blow the face off... Thatd solve any breathing issues. But yes, understand the idea and appreciate the thought. Its a very difficult thing to handle or deal with.

Porquiplane,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
So will it be preferred to use the Persei top or Hammer top with the Bender for best heat control? I know both should work, but which would be best?

jambandphan03,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
So will it be preferred to use the Persei top or Hammer top with the Bender for best heat control? I know both should work, but which would be best?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to recall that the Bender will have its own Hammer top device as part of it...to provide the heat source, right?

Sinclue,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
*Persei Top Not included.

straight from the D-9 website

I know both will work, but I was curious if the momentary switch was more precise to control the heat once it gets going, since G has been testing it, I thought he might have some insight.

jambandphan03,

OF

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I seem to recall that the Bender will have its own Hammer top device as part of it...to provide the heat source, right?

My understanding is it's the glass parts and the Hammer cartridge to heat it with.

You need to screw the cart into something. A Persei will do it, but you have to hold the button down for 20 seconds or so to make working temperature, giving advantage to the Hammer top, which is 'push on, push off'.

However, as I understand it, after making temperature you need to 'feather' the power making the advantage go back to Persei I think?

I'm on the Bender list, but intend to drive it with Persei. I hope.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Bender works best with regular top, As OF pointed out the initial 20 seconds is when you press it for a while. Now the reasoning behind it is, since the bender mouth piece is at and an angle you would not be able to see the blue light, and forgetting its on will combust, knowing your fingers off the button makes sure its off is best.

darkrom

Great Scott!

OF

Add me to that list too. This is how I'm about to jump into the D9 club OF. I know I can count on you for a solid recommendation here. I've got the bender pre-ordered already. Now I'm thinking the best option for it is to order the Persei from the classifieds or new and be done with it? Do you think I'd need anything else? I suppose I can always order the hammer top if I find it necessary later right?

darkrom,

OF

Add another member to that club.

Right now, my go to flower vape is the pax, but I'm not a fan of its inefficiency; I'm hopin' that the Persei+Bender will fill that vacancy.

UpUpandAway,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
well we can vape about 1.5 - 2.0 grams before it needs to be recharged not sure how the other does but thats the Benders limit.

well we can vape about 1.5 - 2.0 grams before it needs to be recharged not sure how the other does but thats the Benders limit.

I'm not speaking so much about the capacity b/w recharges but the # hits to load ratio.

With the pax, I get around 10-12 hits before I need to replace the load (3 hits at low, 5 hits at medium 2-3 hits at high), but that's with .4g-.5g. It prolly still has active components that can be vaporized (light to medium brown abv) , but I choose to re-load at this point. Others say that they get upwards of 20 hits with as little as a .24g w/the pax.

UpUpandAway,

OF

Now I'm thinking the best option for it is to order the Persei from the classifieds or new and be done with it? Do you think I'd need anything else?

Tough call. 25% off is not to be scoffed at and G will no doubt stand behind it if there's any problems. A few dozen cycles on the batteries isn't a lot, really. You could also buy the thread adapter from THC at the same time and use the same 18250s in your TV supply? It might be a PITA to hold the switch up for half a minute though......

Yes, I think you'll want another set of charged batteries handy, I bet this guy will be able to flatten weak ones unexpectedly? I've got a backup set of IMRs on the way for that very reason.

OF

Tough call. 25% off is not to be scoffed at and G will no doubt stand behind it if there's any problems. A few dozen cycles on the batteries isn't a lot, really. You could also buy the thread adapter from THC at the same time and use the same 18250s in your TV supply? It might be a PITA to hold the switch up for half a minute though......

Yes, I think you'll want another set of charged batteries handy, I bet this guy will be able to flatten weak ones unexpectedly? I've got a backup set of IMRs on the way for that very reason.

OF

Ya, I'm definitely gonna try out the 18250's.

It's so fun to experiment with different set-ups! :D

All in the name of scientific study, of course. :brow:

UpUpandAway,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm not speaking so much about the capacity b/w recharges but the # hits to load ratio.

With the pax, I get around 10-12 hits before I need to replace the load (3 hits at low, 5 hits at medium 2-3 hits at high), but that's with .4g-.5g. It prolly still has active components that can be vaporized (light to medium brown abv) , but I choose to re-load at this point. Others say that they get upwards of 20 hits with as little as a .24g w/the pax.

There is no one set of values that one can say hey youll get so many hits on a load. What i can say is if you can control the heat manually and let the vapor build up you will get massive hits but hit count will be low. But if you keep inhaling while heating it up, vapor will be less but hit count goes up. Its a give and take.

Where the Bender shines is the pure taste as its a glass unit and the ability to be 1500% more efficient on battery life then anything thats in the same class.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
How well do small loads work in the bender? How small of a load can you use roughly and still get a decent experience. I wouldn't expect to use log vape amounts, but does it need .5 every time?

darkrom,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
How well do small loads work in the bender? How small of a load can you use roughly and still get a decent experience. I wouldn't expect to use log vape amounts, but does it need .5 every time?

0.2 - 0.3

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom