Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
We differ in our opinions and I don't want to create a debate about different demographics and cultures. If anyone uses the globe tigr2 in any other way than the up tech globe glass, please let me know. appreciate the feedback.
I am currently using a cheap flower bowl as a globe as I managed to crush my proper one :(

Pro:
I get a more trumpet style mouthpiece, which I perfer generally.
Con:
Not stealthy at all :lol: looks way more suspect than the regular globe.

Btw, I didn't want to come across as combative or anything, just figured if I knew exactly what you found conspicuous about the globe, we could give better suggestions for how to make it more ninja-like :ninja:
:)

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Where should my rod be in my sr74x like how high up because I'm doing so.ething wrong it shouldn't take this long to heat up sometimes it takes almost a minute or more to get it to start putting out some hits maybe I did something wrong just let me know your opinion I want to get this thing dialed in so I can just load it and not worry about anything just press the button and get some clouds

For SR-74x (and SR-71) the entire white band between the two metal contact points must be fully visible. Put the bottom edge of the upper metal band flush with the bottom of the threads while you tighten the nut.

YFaqjM9.png

elmoe420

@lucky778
We have removed the nickel mesh that other cartridges have because we don't agree having it there. Kiss = keep is simple stupid. Which translates to removing material that might leech into the oil or some how have an effect on it.

@THC SCIENTIFIC Curious if the Kiss carts ever shipped with this nickel mesh or if this was worked out during the design and testing phase of the product?

One thing you might consider in a future revision of the Kiss cart is to just remove the tapering in the mouth piece. I'm not sure this adds any value. You could also just recess it further. This would prevent contact between a sticky mouth piece and the top of the cup which is what pulls the cup out in some cases. I like how you did away with this design in the Kiss Mini cart which is just a straight tube.

Perhaps the Alpha C just obsoletes the Kiss. Can't wait to try it. Is the Alpha C compatible with the Okeanos?

IME the ceramic cups are not attached to the housing in any way. It just floats there held only by the heater wires. The heater wires on a 3.7v are very thin. Sometimes I find that the ceramic cup tends to want to turn when dragging oil back to the coil from the bottom of the cup.

I too have observed this. I broke one of my girlfriend's Kiss carts for her Omicron when I was scraping it out with a tooth pick. Basically I ended up turning the ceramic cup too far and one of the wires broke. Those wires are really fragile.

What do you feel is the benifit of the all glass path? Taste? I've only ever used the Kiss. Curious to what you like in the Globe as I may like to try it.

Glass is really helpful to gauge how much vapor you are inhaling. I find this particularly helpful for new users. At 7.4v the Kiss cart can be deadly. I've watched many a friend choke after I tell them 'seriously just tap it on and off'. Put that same 7.4v Kiss cart in the Okeanos and it can make a big difference just because they can see the hit they are getting.

In terms of Globe vs. Kiss. The ceramic cups in the Globe coils, Kiss Mini and 1701 Donut all seem seated very snug. This is one advantage over the older Kiss design. All of these newer carts use the new black wick which I like a lot more than the old white wicks. I think by now though most of the Kiss carts shipping are using this new wick too. I also like how the Globe is its own platform. Meaning you can use either the standard coil or the donut. I haven't personally had good luck using the donut but hopefully there will be more coil designs in the future. A drawback to the Globe is no compatibility with the Okeanos. A plus for the Globe is compatibility with the Nibbler G.

Certainly if stealth is needed then the glass mouth piece on the Globe is not gonna work. Glass equals weed to anyone observing you who might care. If you don't want attention then I think the Kiss Mini is your best option. That shit is seriously ninja.

mixchu69

Kiss has The TI to though. Is there something else you like about it?
The wraps are more uniform. Some of my kiss carts has 4 wraps around the dark ceramic. I find the globe to have 5 wraps and they are always uniform. Like you said, some of my kiss carts have wraps that are wide, some have wraps that are concentrated to the center. Never found the problem with the globe.

But I still love regular kiss carts too. The reason is that it is the only cart that I taste the concentrate and no metallic or burnt taste. I only use the 3.7v.

For Frederick, I just have been seeing a lot of bickering in different threads. I had a cheeba chew caramel and was medicated quite good, so hope my response did not offend you. The reason why I felt it was more conspicuous was when I was at a colleagues bday party, when I busted out my kiss cart, none of the smokers asked about it. Since I prepack my carts (both kiss carts and globes for ease of use), when I was done with the kiss cart, I went to the car and grabbed my globe. Then, everyone started asking what it is, why is there glass (I think it's the shape, where a cylinder shape might be more discrete)' and I didn't mind the questions at the party. But I don't want to be answering the same questions to the police.

Last edited:

VapingCO

I was thinking about buying a kiss mini and a ss kit for my Persei so I can run one 18350(3.7v).So it will be super short and stealthy when out and about just wondering if the battery will be enough to get mabey like ten hits or so? Has anyone tried this and how did it work and how long was the persei all assembled? Or would I be better off buying a new vape?
THC SCIENTIFIC or SamuraiSam I wanted to place an order for the kiss mini carts before they are out of stock again. Would there be anyway to order an ss kit didn't know if you had anything laying around I don't care about color or warranty. Really excited about making a mini Persei! Thanks

VapingCO,

BradEllis

Pretty sure I got it now it's starting to produce nice hits within 5-10 seconds this thing really is bad ass can you put the Nibbler xl over this? Thinking about buying one today along with the core and maybe some mini miss carts if you can order those

BradEllis,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Pretty sure I got it now it's starting to produce nice hits within 5-10 seconds this thing really is bad ass can you put the Nibbler xl over this? Thinking about buying one today along with the core and maybe some mini miss carts if you can order those
If you are referring to the Herc, yes the Nibbler xL is made for he Herc.
You won't regret purchasing any of the items you listed.:nod:

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
Considering buying the core and an sr-71 to add to my w9 tool kit.

One thing about the 71 I'm not sure about, it says the bottom insulator is not compatible with the nibbler xl is there any way to fix that I've become very fond of my nibbler xl and don't wish to use the herc without it

lonelyhero,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Considering buying the core and an sr-71 to add to my w9 tool kit.

One thing about the 71 I'm not sure about, it says the bottom insulator is not compatible with the nibbler xl is there any way to fix that I've become very fond of my nibbler xl and don't wish to use the herc without it
There is no groove for the o-ring in the bottom adaptor. If your upper o-ring on the MP end is making a seal it will still work fine. It may wobble on the bottom a bit. You could somehow make that groove yourself, or use a much thinner o-ring.

torggzorz

All your Vape are belong to us
Although I'm sure I would love it, I have never used any sort of water filtration on my 71... It doesn't really *need* it, as the vapor is already pretty cool in my opinion. I like the sleek look of the herc without a nibbler for sure ;)

I think for future generations of KISS carts maybe the ceramic cup could "click" into place once it's pushed into the outer housing with some little tabs maybe? Then to remove the cup you'd have to pry the tabs back with a lil screwdriver or something. It would definitely prevent the cup from popping out, and maybe give it enough tension to prevent it twisting too.

FeelingFactory

The wraps are more uniform. Some of my kiss carts has 4 wraps around the dark ceramic. I find the globe to have 5 wraps and they are always uniform. Like you said, some of my kiss carts have wraps that are wide, some have wraps that are concentrated to the center. Never found the problem with the globe.

But I still love regular kiss carts too. The reason is that it is the only cart that I taste the concentrate and no metallic or burnt taste. I only use the 3.7v.

For Frederick, I just have been seeing a lot of bickering in different threads. I had a cheeba chew caramel and was medicated quite good, so hope my response did not offend you. The reason why I felt it was more conspicuous was when I was at a colleagues bday party, when I busted out my kiss cart, none of the smokers asked about it. Since I prepack my carts (both kiss carts and globes for ease of use), when I was done with the kiss cart, I went to the car and grabbed my globe. Then, everyone started asking what it is, why is there glass (I think it's the shape, where a cylinder shape might be more discrete)' and I didn't mind the questions at the party. But I don't want to be answering the same questions to the police.
Thanks for the suggestion with pre-packing multiple hits in the KISS when out and about, I'm also always on the lookout for stealthiness. A stranger once approached me at a party asking for a hit off the KISS - since I usually use the globe instead at home for visual feedback, this threw me off and I figured they assumed it was ejuice. When I started explaining it's not nicotine, he said he already knew from seeing the small container my wife used to load it. As you mentioned, I was glad it was simply a friendly request to share and nothing else.

Last edited:

Mr Mellish

Kiss is more stealth and for me I can dose it out way better, I'm a total fatass with the herc. When I've had enough I "just one more" like 5 times before I finally stop.

More stealth? Interesting. I would think it would be harder to stuff in your pocket very quickly, as compared to the Herc. The conservation is an interesting point but stuff seems to last forever in the Herc. But, hey, I've had my Crafty for 4 months and only burned 6 hours. I am not worthy.

coffinoff

Probably a stupid question but... If I have a Herc, why would I need/want KISS carts?
One came with the Persei kit I bought so I just kept it around as a backup. It helped me out for a few days one time when I was waiting for a replacement part for my Herc. I end up with a little reclaim from time to time and I find the 7.4v Kiss does a pretty good job of blasting that into oblivion too.

coffinoff,

torggzorz

All your Vape are belong to us
More stealth? Interesting. I would think it would be harder to stuff in your pocket very quickly, as compared to the Herc. The conservation is an interesting point but stuff seems to last forever in the Herc. But, hey, I've had my Crafty for 4 months and only burned 6 hours. I am not worthy.

The herc sucks for the quick pocket stuff.... it's all hot and filled with liquid oil that will run down the chamber in that instance :< you have to do those long cooldown draws on it for pocket carrying, especially long since it's standing upright in your pocket causing it to leak even more than if it were laying on it's side at home... kiss cart is just a quick kissngo baby!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
guys we are going through some transitions and the persei ss kits will be back online, but not with us, we got an offer from a company that wants to buy our stuff in bulk, including our old kiss ti kiss carts and other things.

This is going to be a win win for everyone.

@elmoe420 if im not mistaken the kiss carts never shipped with the nickel mesh that surrounds the ceramic cup like on other kiss platform style carts.

@lucky778 the kiss carts are designed with the "keep it simple stupid" philosophy in mind. This means we had to remove parts that where not necessary, now second version we upgraded the mouth piece, third version we used ceramic wicks, 4th version we used Ti Gr2 coils and the last 5th version we upgraded the black ceramic wicks.

Now over the course of 1.6 years we have sold thousands and I mean thousands of kiss carts, to date we only know about 30 people who have had this issue.

Out of 1000 let's say 30 are bad that is 3%, now out of the 30 around 4 went out first week, that's 0.4% failure rate.

Now multiply that to about 30k+ kiss carts and that 30 people who have had this issue happen is a very low number in fact it's below 0.1% and even lower 0.01% of it happening within the 1st week.

As for it being an issue we need to address I would say no, because if failure rate is below 0.5% companies don't touch it.

But

That's not us, that's why even with such a small failure rate we addressed this issue in the Kiss Alpha Centauri.

Also re labeling it the kiss "so healthy might not work" is a better solution then "selling you to grade 4 wire but in actual reality is grade 5" like other companies.

on a side note, today im going to test the Universe with a O-Phos, all looks good on paper and we should be able to get it to work. Lets see how it goes.

Last edited:

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Someone convince me to buy an 8 please!

I just can't rationalize it given that I already have a v3 Persei top and a backup Hammer top.

I can do that.

So I work at a 502 recreational store in WA state. Was using my Okeanos on the 8 before work. We just got in some undiluted co2 oil prefill carts, 510 threaded of course. So, I swapped caps on my 8 and was rockin' and rolling in about five seconds. Okay maybe seven seconds.

8lSrm3b.jpg

Wonder what kind of oil vapes we'll be selling...

Hmm...

vLvER3C.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom