Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
What does your voltage tester say?

I don't have the W9 voltmeter, but could someone remind me how to test the herc with a multimeter? I haven't had a need to test it since like the second month i had it (about 8 months ago).

DaNi_DuB,

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!
I don't have the W9 voltmeter, but could someone remind me how to test the herc with a multimeter? I haven't had a need to test it since like the second month i had it (about 8 months ago).

Put the black probe on center rod, red on outer threads at bottom. Set multimeter to resistance (ohms) and the right range (should be between 2-2.5 ohms).

Big Baby Jesus,
Reactions: DaNi_DuB

mixchu69

Nothing beats the taste of the hercules. But I have fallen in love with the 3.7 kiss carts. I hear people claim not getting big clouds. Instead of throwing a pea sized dab amount on the kiss, put it on a glass dabber and pulse it into the black ceramic. I always press the button for a few seconds to get it started. The best way I can describe it is that it is like a low temp dab. I compare other atomizers that heat up too quickly and they taste like burnt dabs off a nail and rig, exactly like a high temp dab.

Now I am thinking, why do I need 7.4 kiss carts? I can plug in the Core and use 4.2v on the 3.7v if I want more clouds. I just wanted to share my experience. I used to throw globs of shatter and i would get a lot stuck on the side. If you pulse it in the black ceramic, there will be no need to scoop up the sides and reapply to the coil.

Kiss 3.7 gr 2 has become my favorite toy. Hercules if I want to get super medicated.

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Put the black probe on center rod, red on outer threads at bottom. Set multimeter to resistance (ohms) and the right range (should be between 2-2.5 ohms).

Thanks this helped a lot. I was unable to get a reading at first, so i played with it some more & finally got it to fire. Reads 2.3 now. Still think i need a new center pin tho.

DaNi_DuB,

bdmonkeyj3w

So checking in with the new experience for the day... got my hands on that hammer rod last week, and was pretty stoked on it with 18350s stacked. Well, long story short, got 2 mxjo 18500s stuffed into my ss kit stack, and holy fuck, perfect dab replacement. I had already thrown my torch in the garage to only use the 350s and the hammer rod, constantly recharging. But had some fully charged 18500s handed to me, and had to use a spacer to get a good connection, but clouds... clouds is all i have now. Theres no oil escaping vaporization with those 15a cells pumping together. This thing hurts now... i need a bigger rig...

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!
Thanks this helped a lot. I was unable to get a reading at first, so i played with it some more & finally got it to fire. Reads 2.3 now. Still think i need a new center pin tho.

No you sound fine. You should get a crappy reading, like a resistance of infinity, until it's assembled right. Then it should read between 2-2.5 ohms, and yours is. Sounds like you're good to go. I wouldn't try and fix what ain't broke.

Big Baby Jesus,

Breathemetal

Woohoo my Minicron Lite and ti globe shipped today.
Can finally see what all this fuss is about!

Next stop...8 + Herc? Hmm. Thinkin so

Breathemetal,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Nothing beats the taste of the hercules. But I have fallen in love with the 3.7 kiss carts. I hear people claim not getting big clouds. Instead of throwing a pea sized dab amount on the kiss, put it on a glass dabber and pulse it into the black ceramic. I always press the button for a few seconds to get it started. The best way I can describe it is that it is like a low temp dab. I compare other atomizers that heat up too quickly and they taste like burnt dabs off a nail and rig, exactly like a high temp dab.

Now I am thinking, why do I need 7.4 kiss carts? I can plug in the Core and use 4.2v on the 3.7v if I want more clouds. I just wanted to share my experience. I used to throw globs of shatter and i would get a lot stuck on the side. If you pulse it in the black ceramic, there will be no need to scoop up the sides and reapply to the coil.

Kiss 3.7 gr 2 has become my favorite toy. Hercules if I want to get super medicated.

I'm not too big of a fan of the kiss at 7.4 either. Seems like the 3.7's just work better with any wax I try. Though I've never tried shatter, I feed that to the herc. 7.4 usually works well, but with some wax it splatters or the bottom of harder stuff just turns to butter and it slides right off the coil. Better taste on 3.7 too I think. For 3.7 I put a bb on the coil and try to pulse melt it in before vaping, I like the idea of a glass dabber though. Also somehow I've never tried turning the voltage up on a 3.7 before, doing that tonight. I do like the globe over the cartridge, but none of my cartridges have black wicks and I think that makes a difference.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
So those new 18350 are finally back in stock on that lighthound site, but sending certain lithium batteries outside of the united states is prohibited ?! I have never heard of this.

Skeena,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Samuraisam did a much better job than I could explaining you the difference. He is an oldtimer on this tread with lots of informative posts. You inspired me to scan @SamuraiSam posts in this tread and the result is an information concentrate (pun intended)
Today is my birthday, and seeing this said about me just made by day. Thanks @spoutti. I'm so glad I've been able to help you out. I've been on fc for less than a year and hope to contribute more in the new year.

bdmonkeyj3w

anybody know if the rod in the hammer is the same as the rod in the herc? if so, can you seperate the rod from the hammer? These 18500s make me think i want more 7.4v stuff around...

bdmonkeyj3w,

spoutti

Today is my birthday, and seeing this said about me just made by day. Thanks @spoutti. I'm so glad I've been able to help you out. I've been on fc for less than a year and hope to contribute more in the new year.
Happy birthday SamuraiSam!

Here is what happened to my kiss carts since I can handle the herc
oWvgMHQ.jpg

Full of dust haha!

I couldnt have done it without fc and everyone in this tread

mixchu69

I love my herc, but have never pushed it too hard. Do you think the 3.7 ceramic rod (black) is necessary for my sr74x? My herc came with the white 7.4, but wondering if I should also purchase the black one. I have the Core, if that helps. Please let me know your opinions on owning the 3.7 ceramic rod. Thanks

mixchu69,
Reactions: DaNi_DuB

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
No you sound fine. You should get a crappy reading, like a resistance of infinity, until it's assembled right. Then it should read between 2-2.5 ohms, and yours is. Sounds like you're good to go. I wouldn't try and fix what ain't broke.

I actually had to take a pair of pliers & crimp it so that the pin would stay sticking out. So it's not broke, but some new parts will keep her purring. I apologize for my overreaction earlier, let's just say that CBD's make my life 100x easier.

DaNi_DuB,
Reactions: Pdasterly

kyle2119

@THC SCIENTIFIC Hey Gary I posted earlier, but no one replied. My button assembly on the 8 melted while I was using the Herc, and I cant unscrew it because plastic is covering part of the screw. A while ago you said 8 owners can get the newer assembly if they give you the order number. How do I go about receiving one?

kyle2119,

quantumcloud509

Hi all, Im having a problem with my Herc 71. It was giving me problems so I took the whole thing apart last night, iso, and boiled it all out, put it all back together, filled her up and got two super gnarly rips, and then it went back to doing what it was doing before- nothing. :( The persei is working, the chamber is loaded, I press the button and draw, but no bueno. Anyone had this problem before, any pointers?

EDIT: Ok, game over, Im going to try and send her into w9tech for a repair, dont know whats going on. Batteries tried to short out on me. I noticed the button was faintly lit and then i pressed it and it was awesome because I got a phatty rip and the persei got super hot all the sudden and I unscrewed the unit apart as fast as I could just in time. The bottom batteries plastic melted. Yikes.

Last edited:
quantumcloud509,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
18500 fit ?? what tube do you use
Persei Standard tube + shorter SS tube. If you have an 8, you just stack both tubes.
(2x 18500 gives slightly more longevity than 18350s, which die fairly quickly with sustained Bending :))

Anyways, with an SS tube stacked on top of the standard tube, you can still use the adjustable bottom screw to make different sized batteries fit. You can use 2x 18650's with the longer SS tube, too. That baton is slightly unwieldy when a Bender or Hercules+Nibbler XL is stacked on the end.

This is what the 18500 setup looks like:

gjAmh2H.jpg

I used this configuration a lot for two or three months. After I got a Core for at home, I now prefer just bringing another pair of 18350's along in a battery case if I really think I will want more juice.

Last edited:

mixchu69

So checking in with the new experience for the day... got my hands on that hammer rod last week, and was pretty stoked on it with 18350s stacked. Well, long story short, got 2 mxjo 18500s stuffed into my ss kit stack, and holy fuck, perfect dab replacement. I had already thrown my torch in the garage to only use the 350s and the hammer rod, constantly recharging. But had some fully charged 18500s handed to me, and had to use a spacer to get a good connection, but clouds... clouds is all i have now. Theres no oil escaping vaporization with those 15a cells pumping together. This thing hurts now... i need a bigger rig...
I have no experience in using something like the hammer. Since the ceramic element gets super hot, is it vaporizing or burning the oil? If it is vaporizing, this is a must own.

mixchu69,

VapingCO

Hello
Just about to pull the trigger on getting a persei I've been wanting a vape for wax and shatter at home and on the go. I've been trying to research everywhere on the web and everyone seems to think its the best. Just wondering I found two different sites with two different prices just wondering if there is any big difference. The first is from the w9tech website for $129 and the other is from vapor warehouse for $99 if there is no differnce in quality or warranty I would rather get the cheaper one. Since I am going to be using it on the go I was wondering if the omicron would be better? Also wondering what are good attachment/ assesories are awesome for the persei/omicron. Thanks

VapingCO,

mixchu69

The company recommended starting off with omicronlite or ophos. They are easier to use and stealhy. I love my omicron lite and use it constantly in the car. I have the persei and love that too. The persei with hercules has a learning curve, so start off with the basics. That is my recommendation. The omicron lite is the size of a pen.

Top Bottom