Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Our cartridges work. The Omicron does not produce that much vapor because we went with the safe rout and made the cartridges 2.4ohm, if we do 1.5 ohm it should produce thick clouds. But shorter battery life.

Any plans for the 1.5 ohm cart I so lovingly named the "Cheech & Chong" cart?

I have a feeling this cart would shut up all these people who think the Omicron is weak and the higher heat might help out people who have an oil that doesn't flow as easily. In other words, please think about it :cool:

We have the 1.5 ohm cartridges being produced as we speak.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

hatfieldsmama

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:
Our cartridges work. The Omicron does not produce that much vapor because we went with the safe rout and made the cartridges 2.4ohm, if we do 1.5 ohm it should produce thick clouds. But shorter battery life.

I have a feeling this cart would shut up all these people who think the Omicron is weak and the higher heat might help out people who have an oil that doesn't flow as easily. In other words, please think about it :cool:

sup on the hammer?

hatfieldsmama,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
sup on the hammer?

patience people. give the guy a break. they have a brand new product releasing in a few days.
let it hit the market before ya'll beg for more :rolleyes:
i know we are all exited by what these guys are doin', but rushing them sure ain't gonna help :2c:

Bob Loblaw,

hatfieldsmama

Bob Loblaw said:
sup on the hammer?

patience people. give the guy a break. they have a brand new product releasing in a few days.
i know we are all exited by what these guys are doin', but rushing them sure ain't gonna help :2c:

dood... hes on here hangin worms in front of our faces telling us he's gonna give us an update on what the hammer is. he came on here and told us it existed, i just wanna know what the hell it is. fuck my patience, thats why i puff cannabis. how is anyone rushing him by asking for info on a product when we dont even know what it is? just trying to see it is... he came on here and posted about the hammer to let us know of something new

hatfieldsmama,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
DubCRider said:
The Hammer is a laser Vape, it has been explained already.

The laser vape is project X the Hammer is something else, we are working on it now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Bob Loblaw said:
sup on the hammer?

Good first post ;)

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:
THC SCIENTIFIC said:

Fantastic news! I think I'm looking forward to those more than the herb carts!

JoeKickass,
I feel like the SNL caveman lawyer in that this vaporizer both confuses and intrigues me. Does this thing work with herbs as well as concentrates or just concentrates? And what exactly is a concentrate anyway? Is that like hash or hash oil, or am I way off base here?

TheDudeNextDoor,

JoeKickass

TheDudeNextDoor said:
I feel like the SNL caveman lawyer in that this vaporizer both confuses and intrigues me. Does this thing work with herbs as well as concentrates or just concentrates? And what exactly is a concentrate anyway? Is that like hash or hash oil, or am I way off base here?

The company has a bunch of things going on in development but right now only concentrate carts exist. Hash oil or budder/waxes only...

JoeKickass,
JoeKickass said:
TheDudeNextDoor said:

The company has a bunch of things going on in development but right now only concentrate carts exist. Hash oil or budder/waxes only...

Ah, that's why I'm confused. Glad to know that I'm not just an idiot. Can you reference a good link for me to learn about budder/waxes?

TheDudeNextDoor,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
JoeKickass said:
Bob Loblaw said:
sup on the hammer?

Good first post ;)

thanks

THC SCIENTIFIC said:
JoeKickass said:

Fantastic news! I think I'm looking forward to those more than the herb carts!

agreed! wanna get a few friends on this stuff, but i think the persei will be too much. thinkin' this cart and an omi will be the perfect middle ground.

dood... hes on here hangin worms in front of our faces telling us he's gonna give us an update on what the hammer is. he came on here and told us it existed, i just wanna know what the hell it is. fuck my patience, thats why i puff cannabis. how is anyone rushing him by asking for info on a product when we dont even know what it is? just trying to see it is... he came on here and posted about the hammer to let us know of something new

I feel ya, but he's got an herb cart, the LCD top for the Persei (8 i believe), the Centauri, the battery tester, etc. on the move and the Persei hasn't even hit market yet. guess how far from release the Hammer is probably gonna be. I'm just sayin' that even if ya knew what it was ya ain't gonna see it for quite awhile. I'ts good marketing to "cock-tease" your customers a bit. like future release car shows. I'd rather he spent time workin' on it than fielding questions about it. but that's just me. to each his own. and i feel ya on the impatience. woke up dreaming about my persei ;)

Bob Loblaw,

OF

Bob Loblaw said:
I feel ya, but he's got an herb cart, the LCD top for the Persei (8 i believe), the Centauri, the battery tester, etc. on the move and the Persei hasn't even hit market yet. guess how far from release the Hammer is probably gonna be. I'm just sayin' that even if ya knew what it was ya ain't gonna see it for quite awhile. I'ts good marketing to "cock-tease" your customers a bit. like future release car shows. I'd rather he spent time workin' on it than fielding questions about it. but that's just me. to each his own. and i feel ya on the impatience. woke up dreaming about my persei ;)

While I understand your frustration to get the goodies ASAP I'm also sure nobody is holding anything up without solid reasons. Nor do I think 'G' taking time to stay in touch with his customers in any way negatively impacts the schedule. Delays happen due to changes, waiting for parts to be made (harder still if they're made off shore), Beta testing (you don't expect it to be released without being carefully and thoroughly tested do you?) and enough stock laid in to cover the expected demand. That last has to include stocking dealers as well.

FWIW, my money's on 'the Hammer' being the bubbler as last I heard they were tweaking the molds (last step before making a huge pile of identical plastic parts......). To me that says the Beta test is done and we're about to get a new accessory. But not a herb cart (which seems to be in redesign?) or hot oil cart along the Omicron format.

Just guessing with the rest, of course, part of the fun. But I don't see anything at all wrong with 'G' or the way he's running his business. In fact, I'm glad he's 'marching to his own drummer'.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7u2L5Jkzbg&feature=colike

this is the first prototype of the tester.

It can test all ecig style batteries, vaporizers, cartridges, and attachments that are run off the battery and have the same screw style.

Will fit these threads.

Omicron

Also it has a rechargeable battery, and many other features we will discuss when its time to release.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

OF said:
druminfected said:
I'm also wondering about the 3 types of carts I see now, and wanted to know if the higher the ohm, the higher the power, meaning the highest volt/ohm carts will produce the biggest hits since it's more power?

The three different resistance (ohm) carts are for three different voltages. The current Omicron cart (2.5 ohms) at 3.7 Volts delivers about 6 Watts total (half to the vaporizer, half to the bulk heater). The 6 Volt version delivers about 12 Watts, assuming the power is still equally divided, this should deliver twice the vapor rate. The 7.4 Volt version (4 ohms) delivers still more, close to 14 Watts. For reference, Revolution is about 15 Watts. Persei can do parallel carts, so those numbers could be doubled that way.

Harder hits with Persei (and Revolution) are also possible because they don't 'time out', you can take longer tokes.

The ohm values are chosen to deliver correct power with the specified battery. For the same voltage, lower resistance (ohms) delivers more power, not less. Using other than the specified voltage is probably not a good idea.

OF

oh I see and understand now, thanks a lot! That reply answered my question and now have it preordered. I own a omicron and I found to get phatter hits is to hold it for 3 seconds, let go and hold it down until it times out or until ur good. anyone else do this?

druminfected,

OF

druminfected said:
oh I see and understand now, thanks a lot! That reply answered my question and now have it preordered. I own a omicron and I found to get phatter hits is to hold it for 3 seconds, let go and hold it down until it times out or until ur good. anyone else do this?

Glad you've got a lock on it.

To answer your question, yes I do that. "Chain hitting" is one term I've heard for it. As I recall it's one of three techniques suggested on the Vaporpedia page. http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron. Check out:

"Additional Techniques:

* Flute method: 4 seconds on 2 seconds off, for the duration of the hit.
* Deep pull: 6 seconds on 2 seconds off, repeat for the duration of the desired lung capacity.
* Short method: 6 seconds and sit it down
* Circular breathing hitting technique: Do one 7 second hit (until the battery protection kicks in), Sherlock style filling my mouth with vapor, Inhale that, hold for 10 seconds, start a 2nd hit, pulling Sherlock style, and exhale 1/2 of the original hit through my nose while still finishing the 2nd hit Sherlock style. One the battery protection kicks in again, rinse & repeat."

Lots of ideas to try.....

OF

OF,

hatfieldsmama

anyone try the persei at voltages higher than the recommended resistance for that cartridge? is it safe? im sure if it is it will at least burn the cartridge out quicker and the herb.... but i wonder

hatfieldsmama,

OF

hatfieldsmama said:
anyone try the persei at voltages higher than the recommended resistance for that cartridge? is it safe? im sure if it is it will at least burn the cartridge out quicker and the herb.... but i wonder

I think it's a safe assumption that THC looked at that (or more likely is still looking at that) 'from the other side. That is, when they set out to design a cart to run on say six volts, they try a series of resistances to find what works best for that voltage. Don't you?

OTOH, there probably aren't enough customers (we know of what? One?) nor models of carts (again, I think there is only the four ohm and 2.5 available?) to do any of the sort of testing you're asking about.

There's another factor in this decision you haven't brought up but THC has a couple of times, battery life. Guys complain loud and long about shorter battery lives on other vapes. He ('G') has also said battery life is what drove them to a conservative level of production in the Omicron.

OF

Edit: Typo

OF,

turk

turk
....also ordered a persei yesterday....I'll happily continue with the omicron until arrival...

turk,

OF

turk said:
....also ordered a persei yesterday....I'll happily continue with the omicron until arrival...

So good of you to suck it up, Turk.... Soldier on with what you have and all, an inspiration to us all!

I'm sure I'm not alone in looking forward to your opinion of one against the other, please don't be shy?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
If anyone is a hardcore revolution fan, consider the fact you can use two of em on the persei.

Xchadb,

OF

Xchadb said:
If anyone is a hardcore revolution fan, consider the fact you can use two of em on the persei.

Only if you twist real hard.....the threads are different, right?

OF

OF,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
OF said:
Xchadb said:

OF
Twisting real hard would ruin all the threads. Just use the adapters the persei comes with to adapt to 510 threads

"1 x Pack of adapters."

Xchadb,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Xchadb said:
OF said:
Xchadb said:

OF
Twisting real hard would ruin all the threads. Just use the adapters the persei comes with to adapt to 510 threads

"1 x Pack of adapters."

This would work only if you use 18350 IMR batteries we will have in a few weeks.

And you do need the adapters as well.

The standard trust fire batteries might not be strong enough.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
hatfieldsmama said:

No Its just going to burn the heaters out and leave you with a useless cart.

I really cant see the need given you can run dual carts at 7.4V when released and then nail carts down the road.

I thought xmas had come early when a persei showed up at the door the other day. I am just starting to play with it. I'll wait and post some comments when I have time to test drive it. Right now I'm just using it like an omicron as my omi charger broke last week. Thats as far as I got.

Currently just tried a single 2.4 ohm PG cart and it hits like a champ. But PG does on the omicron as well. The real test is coming.....

will try and get the VP entry updated prior to launch. so far so good....

Thanks Santa Claus....

ru_frothi,
Top Bottom