The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
article-0-1DACF4DA00000578-730_964x564.png

xenafied.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...^ that's just so sad...really don't where to start about how very much that's just so wrong on so many levels.:ugh:
Thanks you know who for removing that post!:tup:
I did feel an explanation that i wasn't referring to the waving bear that's now above my post was in order, so there.;)
How's this for weird :
"Carapus acus...
A vertebrate that lives inside an invertebrate; that feeds in part of its internal organs without killing it; that communicates with their neighbouring conspecifics by emitting sounds from inside its living home; and that emerges from its anus´ host at night in search for prey, is certainly a quirky dream for every marine naturalist, and an extremely rare encounter for any photographer."

Carapus-1.jpg

arf777

No longer dogless
Starting to HATE my clearly mentally defective dog. He just knocked me over and down a hill for no reason but shits and giggles. Literally turned around with no warning and ran head-first into my knees. And I have to drive for 3 1/2 hours today, fun for someone with a fucked up spine and legs who was just knocked down a hill by their dog. Who then slipped out of his harness and ran away when I yelled at him. If I don’t do the drive I’m out over $100 in non-refundable hotel and kennel fees.

I have never had a dog (who hadn’t been feral) who was this difficult before. This little prick was professionally trained for months and passed obedience tests, so he knows when he is misbehaving. WTF?!?!?! Same dog who has pooped repeatedly on my floor and my bed long after he was housebroken, eats my blinds, destroys shoes and clothing.

And he has knocked me over and slide-tackled me before. He seems to do it for fun, leaving me in extra pain for days and days. But it isn't aggression, because he immediately starts licking my face while I'm on the ground. I fear he is just stupid.

May need to use a sick day cuz of him on Monday. Good thing he’s cute and cuddly or I’d get rid of him. Seriously. If a human did this to me I’d either sue them or beat them with a baseball bat. He is so periodically problematic, my family keeps telling me to lose him, and they never advocate ditching an animal. Never had a dog act like this before, and he's a breed I've had many, many times (OEBD). VERY frustrating.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@arf777 it sounds to me like he's trying to play with you when he 'head butts' you. I had a Wheaten terrier that used to do that from behind all the time. It was really great when I was on the stairs and he came from behind and head butted my knees...

I think you have a very rambunctious dog. And that perhaps the two of you are not a good match?

Is he still pooping on your bed? And do you crate him? The destruction of your stuff sounds like unsupervised boredom to me.

I'm so sorry this is happening. I'm sure that, even though you say you hate him, you actually have grown very fond of this dog.

Bad-Bad-Dog_zps5ywbphpj.jpg

MinnBobber

I have never had a dog (who hadn’t been feral) who was this difficult before. This little prick was professionally trained for months and passed obedience tests, so he knows when he is misbehaving. WTF?!?!?! Same dog who has pooped repeatedly on my floor and my bed long after he was housebrokben, eats my blinds, destroys shoes and clothing.
................................................................................
Bummer.
sounds like a job for "dog whisperer". My wife watches that show. Might be worth trying to contact them to see if they like the challenge...

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@arf777 .... Preaching to the choir I'm sure.....99.9% of the time a dog wants nothing more than to please it's owner. Had a dog for 13 years that was perfectly trained right down to being able to use hand commands but unless I wore his ass out each morning before going to work with a long run his separation anxiety might cause him to crap, pee, destroy and try to dig his way out. That dog added more to my life than I could ever repay. I still miss him. Puppies chew because they're puppies and are orally fixated like babies but adult dogs destroy things because they either believe themselves to be the alpha, have separation anxiety or in the case of a new person entering the pack... are trying to show their dominance over the new person (so they gotta eat that person's shoes :-)

My first question is why the dog wasn't taught to heel. It's really simple to teach and shouldn't take more than a week when using the 'jerk chain' method. And before anyone beats me up over how inhumane jerking a chain is ... when done correctly it should not injure or hurt the dog but should surprise the shit out of them. I could run my dog for upwards of 30 minutes without his head leaving my knee unless he had to do business and then he would simply slow down behind me to let me know. Seriously...it only takes a week of daily walks with a choke collar and this technique to teach the dog to heel.

My second question is ... is the dog doing the nasty stuff when you're not home or when he can sneak away from you while your home? If he only does it when you're not home it sounds like separation anxiety. The funny thing about training a dog is that the dog gets comfort from taking the command and reading your face. A well trained dog with separation anxiety is twice as likely to get hyper because it NEEDS to see your face to know it's all good. If the issue is separation anxiety I wish you the best....it's a biotch to work with because even crate training might not suffice if the dog is several years old and never was crate trained.

EDIT: Separation anxiety is like a panic attack that last from the moment the dog knows you're gone till you get home. If I had a 8 hour panic attack...I'd crap myself and destroy some shit too :rockon:

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I knew it as a Sennen(it's AKA Entlebucher Sennenhund) as soon as i saw it, i just mistook it for an Appenzeller Sennenhund, these together with the Berner Sennen(=the most popular, longer hair AKA Bernese) are quite common here.
Beautiful dogs.:)

Edit little later, just saw this go by on FB...
Wow!

Last edited:

arf777

No longer dogless
@arf777 .... Preaching to the choir I'm sure.....99.9% of the time a dog wants nothing more than to please it's owner. Had a dog for 13 years that was perfectly trained right down to being able to use hand commands but unless I wore his ass out each morning before going to work with a long run his separation anxiety might cause him to crap, pee, destroy and try to dig his way out. That dog added more to my life than I could ever repay. I still miss him. Puppies chew because they're puppies and are orally fixated like babies but adult dogs destroy things because they either believe themselves to be the alpha, have separation anxiety or in the case of a new person entering the pack... are trying to show their dominance over the new person (so they gotta eat that person's shoes :-)

My first question is why the dog wasn't taught to heel. It's really simple to teach and shouldn't take more than a week when using the 'jerk chain' method. And before anyone beats me up over how inhumane jerking a chain is ... when done correctly it should not injure or hurt the dog but should surprise the shit out of them. I could run my dog for upwards of 30 minutes without his head leaving my knee unless he had to do business and then he would simply slow down behind me to let me know. Seriously...it only takes a week of daily walks with a choke collar and this technique to teach the dog to heel.

My second question is ... is the dog doing the nasty stuff when you're not home or when he can sneak away from you while your home? If he only does it when you're not home it sounds like separation anxiety. The funny thing about training a dog is that the dog gets comfort from taking the command and reading your face. A well trained dog with separation anxiety is twice as likely to get hyper because it NEEDS to see your face to know it's all good. If the issue is separation anxiety I wish you the best....it's a biotch to work with because even crate training might not suffice if the dog is several years old and never was crate trained.

EDIT: Separation anxiety is like a panic attack that last from the moment the dog knows you're gone till you get home. If I had a 8 hour panic attack...I'd crap myself and destroy some shit too :rockon:

Good Luck!
Actually he is trained to heel. But as I am handicapped I let him go to the full extent of his retractable leash most of the time so he can get more exercise- I can't walk fast enough to tire him out.

It isn't separation anxiety - most of his bad behavior is when I'm home but distracted. Now that I'm not all angry, I think it's just a combo of wanting attention, my handicapped limitations, and him still being a puppy.

@MinnBobber - interestingly, my dog was trained by the married couple who used to do most of the training the dog Whisperer is credited for until they got fed up and quit working with him. Now they do most of the Secret Service dog training. They do free retraining, so I may take him back for a refresher.

Top Bottom