The Nomad From Morwood

cannasoor

The Nomad 2 arrived on the 2nd day of the year!

I'll come back to talk about it later... but... it's breathtaking!

This Nomad 2, the whole bunch, the kit, the Okin (!), the display … absolutely stunning! Dan's workmanship, craftsmanship, … artistry! … and your sense of style, expressed via the collection … :bowdown::ko::o:clap: I am in awe! Job very well done all around! Just beautiful … … …

fangorn

This Nomad 2, the whole bunch, the kit, the Okin (!), the display … absolutely stunning! Dan's workmanship, craftsmanship, … artistry! … and your sense of style, expressed via the collection … :s'incliner::est::o:taper: I am in awe! Job very well done all around! Just beautiful … … …
Thank you so much ! :bowdown:
All credit goes to Dan obviously... and he inspired me “a little bit” with the first image below, didn’t he!

Here's some side by side comparisons.

All of these glass stems are identical. They just stick out by slightly different amounts.

View attachment 7829

View attachment 7830

View attachment 7831

View attachment 7832

I don't mind saying , I am very jealous:amour:
Thank you for expressing it so kindly!
:tup:

Seeing it is so much better than dreaming it! The complete Morwood set 🤩

Very excited to hear your thoughts. Your display is so classy.
I think I'm still dreaming... at least I haven't landed yet...
I have a lot of settings to adjust to have satisfactory sessions with both Nomads. (new batteries, new stems, new airflow, new heating, very different flowers every few days, change in my habits with the Toad!) I have plenty to experiment with for a long time! I'm going to have to be focused 😁

Dang and I thought I was lucky when I should be getting my nomad 2 and toad in a couple months, hopefully. Nice collection.
Honestly, I played the lottery during this incredible succession of happy events... but obviously, my luck is limited - for now - to Dan's vaporizers!
Which is a bit like winning the lottery...

That is such a lovely collection, and the way they fit in all together ! Bravo :) I wish you a very happy vaping with all these marvels!
Thanks for your kind words ! I enjoy every moment with its treasures... and strangely, it makes me enjoy every moment, in a more conscious way! (ok... I said I had a lot of parameters to experiment with, so maybe I consumed too much Thc... but it seems true to me!)

I managed to catch a few minutes of sun for a photo with about right natural light...

And I received 2 stems from High Artisan...
They are currently being tested, but I love the rounded tip. The feeling is perfect. If I manage to not have a central hot spot... it will become my main stem, for sure!

And the o-ring on my Nomad 2 is way too tight currently. I'm afraid of breaking my glass stems. and I don't want to handle stems too much with vaseline, so I'm only using my wooden stems for now. So it was a good opportunity to test with my j-hook. I didn't have much doubt, but the Nomad 2 passed the test with success!

So...
Happy Saturday and happy vaping everyone!

Electrofever

@fangorn , I imagine all these experiment being the kind of thing that can be made with very much joy, and could take quite a while:myday:
And I totally agree when you say ‘more conscious’, I consider these kind of vapes, along with the Vapman, do really put the accent on the ritual side of vaping. And I remember reading one of Dan’s post about rituals and those helping to be ‘here and now’, in a full-minded consciousness. I do imagine that the spiritual part comes somewhere around these rituals. All these discussions are so… elevating :)

seriousTone

God I'm so excited for February; it's January 6th already. I really hope Dan is able to finish batch 2 for ours and his sake.

I lost my grasshopper a few months back and that was my every day carry away from home.

The Nomad 2 was always meant to replace it as my edc so I greatly await it!

Duba

Accessory Maker
It's rare enough to mention it here...
I was lucky to find 2 Nomads in a short space of time, so I couldn't resist.:whip:

I'm going to keep the one on the left and the one on the right is a priori reserved, unless someone here wants to exchange it for a Nomad 2, or even a place in the upcoming batch 3. Who knows...

in any case, it's a real eye-opener, every detail is precious, ... what a great job Dan!😍

I was very surprised at how free the draw is, it really require very gentle and long suction. The flavors are strong and long-lasting, especially with the low heat setting (on the other hand, vapor production is quite low). It requires a learning curve so i need to practice. It's very different from the Toad I already know.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If vapor production is low and you find them too sluggish, chances are you need to remove the oxide layer from the bridge and at the interface between the bottom brass plate and the heater. The button should be mostly self-cleaning and if the vaseline from the kit was applied it should be good as is.

But yes overall they require some technique and practice, you should be able to get good hits though.

Duba

Accessory Maker
If vapor production is low and you find them too sluggish, chances are you need to remove the oxide layer from the bridge and at the interface between the bottom brass plate and the heater. The button should be mostly self-cleaning and if the vaseline from the kit was applied it should be good as is.

But yes overall they require some technique and practice, you should be able to get good hits though.
thanks for the advice, i already did the full cleaning when i received both units so i think it's more a question of practice.

About the heaters, does anyone know if they have been modified over time since 2018? They seem to respond differently than those on the more recent Toad, but maybe I'm getting the wrong idea (I put the Toad's high heater in the Nomad and it seems punchier than the Nomad1's one).

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
If you use the provided abrasive sponge you should be good, but you really need to have the metal shiny all around the heater.

Otherwise yes the resistance values were tweaked at some point compared to the first batch heaters.

Electrofever

Those 2 nomads are really stunning ! Having two of them seems pretty rare, enjoy the satisfaction :) I am surprised someone was willing to let a nomad go, so finding two guys ready to part a nomad seems amazing !

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Can't wait to see how my rosewood slab turns out! Right now, she's simply a slab of wood

Zuhdj,
Reactions: jds

Duba

Accessory Maker
I am surprised someone was willing to let a nomad go, so finding two guys ready to part a nomad seems amazing !
I understand, and at the same time, many of us have several vaporizers, and as long as one or the other spends its time in the cupboard, I think it's a good idea to return it to the circuit for others to enjoy, rather than keeping it in the museum, even such a beautiful work.

Top Bottom