The Nomad From Morwood

jds

How long ago did Batch 2 sign up for the waitlist?

It was a long, long time ago back in my youth... somewhere around may of 2019. Paid in april of 2020.

And like @SinfulRoad mentions, I did sign up for a Nomad I originally, then transitioned to a Nomad 2, which was fine with me because I prefer its design.

jds,

Electrofever

I just had a look at my emails, I joined the waiting list in may 2020, and at that point, there was more or less 150 people on the waiting list. That seems a lot… and reading what everyone is saying, it seems I joined a bit too late… Who knows, maybe Dan will find a more convenient way to make his nomads 🤞

Electrofever,
Reactions: jds

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I don’t really understand the tea leaf reading around wait times. It’s unclear whether the batches are the same size (Toad batches aren’t) and Dan’s been known to make novel customizations, which only adds to the irregularity. Plus he’s a one man band, has a life, makes Toads, etc.

Not saying anyone should be thrilled about the wait; just puzzled why they’d think the end is guessable. Unless we’re only shooting shit waiting for Fangorn and Duba to drop more dope photos, in which case:

Eh bien, continuons.

CanikUser19

Trenchtown Rock
I'm in batch 3. Originally was offered a spot in batch two about 3 years ago after joining the waitlist in 2018. I turned it down financially and joined in on batch 3 back in 2021. So it was about 2 years of waiting before a spot was offered to me in batch 2. That was 6 years ago now.

I am the last of batch 3 and I believe he stopped taking nomad orders after me so I'll be seeing mine in the early 2030s probably haha. Or maybe next year or the year after, more seriously speaking. The toad is the way to go for now. Even I'm getting one on the next road batch to tide me over to the nomad
Yeah I’m just confused in general about my spot on the Nomad II list. I definitely signed up before the Toad list email, then signed up for the Toad waitlist as well when I received that email. At this point just curious more than anything, it’ll be a sweet surprise if I ever get one.

CanikUser19,

fangorn

someone called me? 😁
thank you @cx714 🤣

well... i was on the list for 3 years... so i'm really aware that i'm very, very lucky...

I'm holding back a little (yes, yes, it's true!) from posting here for this reason...

The brightness isn't great at the moment and I haven't gone out with the Nomad 2 yet... but I do have a few photos lying around!

I thought some people would like closer shots...
so here are some photos of my first cleaning after receipt and before use...

My Nomad 2 in its evening home...

And just because this photo is nicer with a ray of sunshine... I'm taking the liberty of reposting it!

@namasteIII
Thank you for the message !
I remember our discussion AT thé start on the Toad thread like it was yesterday... I've been going to the dark side ever since...
I've thought about it regularly since I started my collection!
For my will, maybe I should start asking myself that question!!

And some thoughts...
I have almost billions to share...

- it took me 2-3 days to feel comfortable with the Nomad 2... it was too classy for me! I really felt like I needed to wear a 3-piece suit, have a groomed mustache, a pocket watch or even drink whiskey...
everything is back to normal 😁

- with new 18650s, I do 5 good sessions with one charge!

- Regarding my very tight o-ring, Dan encouraged me to test several glass stems... so I tried my custom stems thoroughly and they fit well...
that's excellent news !!!

- the button on the Nomad 2 sticks out less than on the Nomad 1 or the Toad... it's even more incredible. it's very... silky!

- my brain is so used to Toad, that it's hard not to compare... it's crazy how a few millimeters make a huge difference...
The Nomad 2 is very small and compact... but I have the impression that it carries a 21700! for a matter of 2 or 3 millimeters I suppose!

- I read this thread a little less than 10 times... I loved following the evolution of the device and the modified parts... Well, it's stupid, but it's a real pleasure to be able to see them in real life...
it's stupid, but I was so excited at the idea of receiving "wooden capsules"... same, I was thinking of installing magnets instead of the spring in the button of the Nomad 1... but.. . I vape with a historical piece...

It also means that I have my preferences on each design detail... and that each model has its own charm!

- by buying second hand, I didn't participate in the design choices... but I was so lucky...
As already said, I probably could have chosen similar woods for my Nomad 2... I love it a little more every day!
and the wood of Nomad 1 is incredible... This maple burl is a discovery... but what a discovery! It makes me want to find a system to be able to vape with the sleeve... or without! The sleeveless shape of the Nomad 1 is also extremely nice!!

- I'm making progress in my experiments... I have satisfactory sessions with all the models now... some stem associations are better than others. the process is therefore not finished!

...and besides...I'm going back!

Have a good start to the weekend and happy vaping everyone!

Last edited:

envyxoa

Come on, let me share my photos of the day... I took advantage of a break in the sun between 2 snow showers...

As you know, excellent flavor can be obtained....

And also lots of steam!

It's really beautiful in the sun!!! wow...

Have a nice week !
Do you use low heater or high heater?

fangorn

Lovely ! I like the wood grain and with the light, we can almost feel the texture :)

Thanks !

I often take too many photos and share too many too...

Sometimes I tell myself that one or two excellent photos would be better... well the first two from my previous post fall into this category!!

and I was actually trying to account for the texture, so thank you for your comment!

I also wanted to show the chatoyance of walnut.... but I think only a video could do it!

fangorn

(hey guys, @Electrofever and @cannasoor
Thanks !
It's just that the photos that I really like are sometimes trivialized by the other photos that I post in large numbers!
in short, not a topic here 😁)

@Duba
your photo is great... I didn't realize before the resemblance between your Toad and the Okin!!

and the Nomad? Is it good in terms of use with your settings?

well... and my Nomad 2 and I have just met a new travel companion... "he's made of the same wood"... that of unicorns!

RxPlorer

(hey guys, @Electrofever and @cannasoor
Thanks !
It's just that the photos that I really like are sometimes trivialized by the other photos that I post in large numbers!
in short, not a topic here 😁)

@Duba
your photo is great... I didn't realize before the resemblance between your Toad and the Okin!!

and the Nomad? Is it good in terms of use with your settings?

well... and my Nomad 2 and I have just met a new travel companion... "he's made of the same wood"... that of unicorns!

What a team those two make!!

fangorn

It's me again!

I'm starting to get my bearings with the different heating and stem!
I stopped changing devices each time I used it, which allowed me to become more familiar with each configuration.

And so I now get consistent avb every time. I can occasionally get a darker circle but it's becoming rarer and rarer!

And my god.... I really love these two objects... they are really beautiful and match my tastes so much...

I put this pack of cigarettes to give an idea of the dimensions... but I think it doesn't help in the end!!

But I think the Nomad 2 would fit perfectly in the photographed scene... I can imagine one of the cowboys using it! so I'm sharing it anyway!

and below the Nomad 1... the patina of the bronze part is so cool... there are shades of orange and purple...

Well... happy Sunday everyone! Happy vaping

PossumMD

No it doesn't and I bloody hope you're done consuming that poison mate!
Eh, I'm an on and off again smoker. hate it, cos yeah, poison, but when you consider that over 80% of patients who have what I have smoke, well I'm okay. Anyway, all that aside, the occasional joint is just divine. Does it taste as good? No. Is it anywhere near as efficient? No. Do you smell like shit after? Yes. But something I read when I was first quitting smoking was "don't count the cigarettes you do have, count the ones you don't have". I'm not gonna claim that vaping dry herb like we do is healthy, but I feel very confident saying it's healthIER. So, yeah, I get you. But I mean, one joint etc isn't the worst thing if you have reduced the incidence at which you have them. Kinda like how kicking yourself in the nuts every day isn't great, but if you only do it once a day instead of your usual 7 times a day, win...?

PossumMD,

fangorn

oh, thank you for always thinking of us @KeroZen

I did not want, under any circumstances, to advertise this brand whose name I have erased...

If I have to advertise it, it's this one:

My 2 grandfathers were heavy smokers...they both won the lottery...and had cancer.
This package belonged to my mother. she also had cancer. she left within a year when she was 53.
The OMS has just announced that they anticipate a 77% increase in the number of cancer cases in the coming decades. given my family history, I'm afraid of hope for my future!
However, I never smoked this junk... I used rolling tobacco for a long time... without filter... then with filter... and I stopped when my first child was born... probably thanks to my mother...

Today, I am at the penultimate stage of my program to stop using electronic cigarettes... my second attempt...
since I injured my knee while running I am likely to turn into the Hulk at any moment...
so my Nomads are used very, very, very often...

Well... sorry for being off-topic, but I imagine that reminders about the harms of combustion have their place on the "fuckcombustion" forum, don't they...

I also think that reasonable consumption of cannabis would be better for your health but... everything in its time...

In the meantime... long life to the vaporization!! and the Nomads!!

PS: @PossumMD
in fact... every cigarette you smoke stops the regeneration process... and re-damages your lungs... so each time, it's like it's a big step backwards.
if you want to find non-smoker's lungs one day, you must completely ban combustion...

So once again... long life to the vaporization...

Top Bottom