The most important vaporization discussion we need to have. (Your Vape Mail)

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Good to hear Puffitup isn't shutting down
That is good news. I did email and ask PIU if they were sticking around. I also let them know how much they would be missed. I didn't read this thread in time. But at least I shared the love with PIU. I actually picked up another Terp pen since they were offing them for $15 now. I now have 2 terp pens in storage, just in case. The are also selling their Ti dabbers for $2 which is a steal.

Since my Dynavaps don't have a lot of consumable parts, I have all I need to weather a stupid vape shipping embargo. As a cannabis for life guy, we all know it's one shit storm after the next. I've always said, cannabis will never get a free ride in this world, we will always have to endure bullshit like this. If it's not this, it's dealing with your idiot State's cannabis laws and/or rules. The government always collects its taxes and shoves it up your ass. I feel bad for those who will lose access or income from this.

florduh

Cant we use UPS or FedEx? What am I missing?

Nope. But I've heard of several e-cig companies exploring alternative shipping companies. My guess is, that will be more expensive than even FedEx. And if you don't live close to a city, you're probably shit out of luck.

florduh,
Reactions: JCat

EliumVapor

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
This ban is certainly a concern for all of us who have been working tirelessly to develop and sell vaporizer products. We have been looking into alternatives as we move closer to production. It is absolutely vital that the community/companies stand together on this. I'll try to add any insights we come across as we discuss this with our team. For now I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who is supporting businesses in this space and doing their own work to try and solve this! Much love to all of you!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
If I understood things well enough the only reason they are trying to avoid e-cig/vaporizers shipments is to protect childs... is it not possible to offer only "signature required" delivery system, the carrier have to ask identity card if he has a doubt. On top of that I assume, when paying with a card, it may be easy to know the age of the card owner.

So this bank card age owner verification combined with no delivery in child hands brings a good level of protection.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Yeah, no, "they" are trying to protect the status quo. The children can smoke cigs just like their parents did.

I agree, a law will not change that but I understand the concern especially after getting on Reddit where you can guess many posts are from childs, although I remenber we wasn't unable to buy alcohol in supermarkets despite to be only 15 years old and despite the law... I'm now 41, I have 2 daughters and I appreciate some laws are protecting them... but, if it appears shipping vaporizers to be impossible, I'm convinced many, many peoples in wild country like where I'm living will just continue to combust.

EliumVapor

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I agree, a law will not change that but I understand the concern especially after getting on Reddit where you can guess many posts are from childs, although I remenber we wasn't unable to buy alcohol in supermarkets despite to be only 15 years old and despite the law... I'm now 41, I have 2 daughters and I appreciate some laws are protecting them... but, if it appears shipping vaporizers to be impossible, I'm convinced many, many peoples in wild country like where I'm living will just continue to combust.
The issue with signature on delivery is not everyone can be home when the delivery is made. I am not against keeping products out of the hands of kids but kids will always find a way to get what they want. I remember it being very easy to get an older friend to go to the store and purchase both alcohol and tobacco as a kid.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
Maybe what i'm going to write is stupid, but, what if the vaporizer is sold as a DIY kit to build or even Parts (if necessary, shipped in two different packages?) ? The parts in a DIY vaporizer are quite simple and common, nothing really specific to an ecig or vaporizer. At least vaporizer artisans could survive this way.

f2j,

EliumVapor

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Maybe what i'm going to write is stupid, but, what if the vaporizer is sold as a DIY kit to build or even Parts (if necessary, shipped in two different packages?) ? The parts in a DIY vaporizer are quite simple and common, nothing really specific to an ecig or vaporizer. At least vaporizer artisans could survive this way.
The ban covers any part of a device assembled or not.

"Examples include e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, e-cigars, vape pens, advanced refillable personal vaporizers, and electronic pipes. Provisions relating to ENDS also extend to any component, liquid, part, or accessory of an ENDS, regardless of whether sold separately from the device. "

It wasn't a bad idea it was just already included.

We did think about the cessation definition as a possible work around.. but it may not be easy to classify as one.

"Excluded from the statutory definition are products approved by the Food and Drug Administration for sale as tobacco cessation products"

fangorn

Hi !

just to draw a parallel / give you an idea of what's going on across the ocean (no pretense !!)

In Europe, we have the TPD (Tobacco Products Directives) which was modified to regulate the electronic cigarette market in 2014 (applied in 2016).
Prohibition of nicotine vials> 10ml and 20mg / l.
And we can imagine an evolution of the TPD in 2021 with the removal of aromas ...
Nice future prospects ...! Nice freedom! (everything is relative obviously ... it remains a minor problem of freedom ...)

Regarding cannabis, the European states are very, very far from having a common guideline.
In France, for a few months now, cbd flowers with a THC level of less than 0.2% have been tolerated ... it was a gray area before that.
And since September 2020, a fine of € 200 for cannabis consumption, with registration in the criminal record, has been introduced. This is valid for a simple joint (it makes sense, in addition to the repressive side, to unclog the courts ... which is probably not worse!).
Ah, and beware ... great news ... experimentation with therapeutic cannabis was recently validated and should begin shortly ... with a ridiculous budget obviously ...

Regarding access to weed vaping equipment, in France we have a few online or physical stores ... but vaping is not in our culture ... We find the main vaporizers (see a little more) at online resellers but it remains limited in my opinion ... There is not (yet?) the Tafée Bowle for example ... There is no enail for the elev8r ... and I don't think we're close to seeing one! The tinymight has still been added to the catalog of several websites ... but it is made in Europe ...
Also on access to shops in other European countries ... which opens up other options ... a German website, for example, had the Tafee bowle very quickly ...
In the UK there is Vapefiend ... but with Brexit ... beyond taxes, maybe it will always be more complex in the future?

But losing access to American stores would be (will be?) A big loss ... It seems to me that several Canadian stores (I don't know the legislation ... maybe these are all Canadian stores) do not exist. not already in France ...

I hope the very recent authorization of the CBD flowers, the vape will develop a little ... and that our resellers will do a big job ...
otherwise I will have to become one if them !!

I don't know how this postal limitation will impact the possibility of exchanges between an American manufacturer and a French reseller ... I hope there is no impact ...

here, sorry for the off topic ... or rather the digression ... but I wanted to share what other vapers are going through!
and sorry for the sentences certainly a bit strange ... i used a well known translator

Last edited:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi !

just to draw a parallel / give you an idea of what's going on across the ocean (no pretense !!)

In Europe, we have the TPD (Tobacco Products Directives) which was modified to regulate the electronic cigarette market in 2014 (applied in 2016).
Prohibition of nicotine vials> 10ml and 20mg / l.
And we can imagine an evolution of the TPD in 2021 with the removal of aromas ...
Nice future prospects ...! Nice freedom! (everything is relative obviously ... it remains a minor problem of freedom ...)

Regarding cannabis, the European states are very, very far from having a common guideline.
In France, for a few months now, cbd flowers with a THC level of less than 0.2% have been tolerated ... it was a gray area before that.
And since September 2020, a fine of € 200 for cannabis consumption, with registration in the criminal record, has been introduced. This is valid for a simple joint (it makes sense, in addition to the repressive side, to unclog the courts ... which is probably not worse!).
Ah, and beware ... great news ... experimentation with therapeutic cannabis was recently validated and should begin shortly ... with a ridiculous budget obviously ...

Regarding access to weed vaping equipment, in France we have a few online or physical stores ... but vaping is not in our culture ... We find the main vaporizers (see a little more) at online resellers but it remains limited in my opinion ... There is not (yet?) the Tafée Bowle for example ... There is no enail for the elev8r ... and I don't think we're close to seeing one! The tinymight has still been added to the catalog of several websites ... but it is made in Europe ...
Also on access to shops in other European countries ... which opens up other options ... a German website, for example, had the Tafee bowle very quickly ...
In the UK there is Vapefiend ... but with Brexit ... beyond taxes, maybe it will always be more complex in the future?

But losing access to American stores would be (will be?) A big loss ... It seems to me that several Canadian stores (I don't know the legislation ... maybe these are all Canadian stores) do not exist. not already in France ...

I hope the very recent authorization of the CBD flowers, the vape will develop a little ... and that our resellers will do a big job ...
otherwise I will have to become one if them !!

I don't know how this postal limitation will impact the possibility of exchanges between an American manufacturer and a French reseller ... I hope there is no impact ...

here, sorry for the off topic ... or rather the digression ... but I wanted to share what other vapers are going through!
and sorry for the sentences certainly a bit strange ... i used a well known translator
Nice post @Touf2n1 , vaporizers wasn't in our culture although I noticed a large increase in the interest about vaporizers... since a few months and friends at LCV confirmed me this tendency.

The Taffee Bowle will be probably sold on LCV pretty soon, but I agree Vapefiend and Verdampnotchmal already have it in stock,maybe it's cause LCV was just waiting to see how peoples are appreciating the device, it's pretty innovative and, cause the glass thing, some peoples are kept away. I read some posts on Reddit where peoples was seeing that glass like a gimmick... but I assume more peoples would be inclined to buy it but more cause the vaping performances rather than for the glass (personnaly I never used my glass and it ended to be a sort of vape pen storage thing).

I saw many petitions about that law although can I assume no-US peoples votes don't have any impact...? Is Canada thinking to do the same about vaporizers/e-cigs shipments?

Hi, @EliumVapor , it's too bad, if you can't ship any vaporizers and only sells in physicals place it will be very, very difficult for small "artisan" or "start-up" companies to launch... I believe the huge cannabis market profits may help to find a solution to continue shipments under some conditions, if you have to pick-up your package in a local store and MUST to show an identity card at the name of the recipient I can't see how big is the issue (yes you can ask to an older guy to order for you if you are a child but it's pretty the same with a physical store so...). On top of that this sort of delivery system (where you pick up your package in a local store) is usually cheaper but a bit more cumbersome than home delivery without signature for sure, but I believe it may be a good compromise :hmm:

If this is happen (no more vaporizers shipments allowed) only bigger companies will survive cause, like MistVape said, if they are doing false declaration they may have so much fines to pay... no, it's not doable or maybe trying to play on the wording, if you declare it as an electronical device you aren't lying, just not precise at all :ugh:

Is it already done? Is there still some hopes? I ask cause somebody posted a date for Usps, UPS and Fedex....

PPN,
Reactions: fangorn

C No Ego

The ban covers any part of a device assembled or not.

"Examples include e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, e-cigars, vape pens, advanced refillable personal vaporizers, and electronic pipes. Provisions relating to ENDS also extend to any component, liquid, part, or accessory of an ENDS, regardless of whether sold separately from the device. "

It wasn't a bad idea it was just already included.

We did think about the cessation definition as a possible work around.. but it may not be easy to classify as one.

"Excluded from the statutory definition are products approved by the Food and Drug Administration for sale as tobacco cessation products"
what is an electronic pipe ? and all those others are just confusing ( Advanced refillable personal vaporizers ? ) those two I have no idea ...

C No Ego,

EliumVapor

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Nice post @Touf2n1 , vaporizers wasn't in our culture although I noticed a large increase in the interest about vaporizers... since a few months and friends at LCV confirmed me this tendency.

The Taffee Bowle will be probably sold on LCV pretty soon, but I agree Vapefiend and Verdampnotchmal already have it in stock,maybe it's cause LCV was just waiting to see how peoples are appreciating the device, it's pretty innovative and, cause the glass thing, some peoples are kept away. I read some posts on Reddit where peoples was seeing that glass like a gimmick... but I assume more peoples would be inclined to buy it but more cause the vaping performances rather than for the glass (personnaly I never used my glass and it ended to be a sort of vape pen storage thing).

I saw many petitions about that law although can I assume no-US peoples votes don't have any impact...? Is Canada thinking to do the same about vaporizers/e-cigs shipments?

Hi, @EliumVapor , it's too bad, if you can't ship any vaporizers and only sells in physicals place it will be very, very difficult for small "artisan" or "start-up" companies to launch... I believe the huge cannabis market profits may help to find a solution to continue shipments under some conditions, if you have to pick-up your package in a local store and MUST to show an identity card at the name of the recipient I can't see how big is the issue (yes you can ask to an older guy to order for you if you are a child but it's pretty the same with a physical store so...). On top of that this sort of delivery system (where you pick up your package in a local store) is usually cheaper but a bit more cumbersome than home delivery without signature for sure, but I believe it may be a good compromise :hmm:

If this is happen (no more vaporizers shipments allowed) only bigger companies will survive cause, like MistVape said, if they are doing false declaration they may have so much fines to pay... no, it's not doable or maybe trying to play on the wording, if you declare it as an electronical device you aren't lying, just not precise at all :ugh:

Is it already done? Is there still some hopes? I ask cause somebody posted a date for Usps, UPS and Fedex....
We are actively working on a pick up solution. I agree with that being the best option in the interim.

Top Bottom