The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MGG

found this looking at mighty on google images
(..thinking about a cover that could slip on bottom half of mighty to hide lights when in public place)

https://grabcad.com/library/mighty-vape-1

ive no idea how to use CAD but it looks like a scale model of mighty

.. could it be useful for ppl making addons??

Interesting, I wonder if this was made for the actual mighty or for a chinese knock-off. Be interesting to know the origin of that CAD file.

LouFeinberg

Interesting, I wonder if this was made for the actual mighty or for a chinese knock-off. Be interesting to know the origin of that CAD file.

In the context of that particular site, I'm betting that it's a model made by a kid who happens to be a Mighty fan. It's fun work, but it doesn't look like the product of corporate espionage. :D

Speaking of enthusiasts, though, anybody here have a Mighty tattoo yet? :brow:

(..thinking about a cover that could slip on bottom half of mighty to hide lights when in public place)

I like black electrical tape. NOT duct tape, which leaves a sticky residue (not in a good way). It goes on fast, comes off easy, and doesn't cover any more than it needs to.

Mr. Me2

found this looking at mighty on google images

https://grabcad.com/library/mighty-vape-1

ive no idea how to use CAD but it looks like a scale model of mighty

.. could it be useful for ppl making addons??
Hey @Ratchett - there seems to be a need for a new product. Can you make a low profile sleeve to slide on the bottom part of the Mighty to hide the lights? Something that's easy on and off?

Reggie Watts

When I got my Mighty two weeks ago, I thought the cooling unit had a slight air leak, so I ordered another cooling unit to compare. Well, I just got the new one, and it leaks even more air than the previous (when the screen hole is covered). I'm starting to think maybe that's just how most of them are, and maybe it's rare to find one that's perfectly airtight. What do you all think?

Reggie Watts,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When I got my Mighty two weeks ago, I thought the cooling unit had a slight air leak, so I ordered another cooling unit to compare. Well, I just got the new one, and it leaks even more air than the previous (when the screen hole is covered). I'm starting to think maybe that's just how most of them are, and maybe it's rare to find one that's perfectly airtight. What do you all think?
I think that air leakage is not normal. I always check them after cleaning and only occasionally, if there is a leak, I replace a seal.
S&B may have a different explanation or tale to tell. Did you make these purchases direct from them? Typically they'd just replace at n/c.

vapviking,
Reactions: Taz

esoh

gf got me a replacement cooling unit and it's super nice. I wonder if they have updated it or I just forgot how nice it is when not gunked up. had my mighty almost 10 months now and loving every second.

Bro your cooling get unit is probably unbelievably gunked up. The draw resistance gets much tougher and it overall takes longer to fully clear a bowl.

I have 3 cooling units that are all filthy because I've been too lazy to clean them and their performance has suffered for sure. Also when I pack dabs in the Mighty between flowers, I definitely feel the CU getting good extra extra gunked up the next time I try to use it. After I clean my CUs I'm going to designate one for concentrate use and the rest for plain flowers.

Last edited:
esoh,
Reactions: mrjunkie

Reggie Watts

I think that air leakage is not normal. I always check them after cleaning and only occasionally, if there is a leak, I replace a seal.
S&B may have a different explanation or tale to tell. Did you make these purchases direct from them? Typically they'd just replace at n/c.

I got them from puffitup. So it could be the o-ring? This new one seems kind of "loose" - the two main plastic components of the CU are able to be pulled apart very easily, which is nice, but it's also letting air through.

Reggie Watts,

biohacker

I got them from puffitup. So it could be the o-ring? This new one seems kind of "loose" - the two main plastic components of the CU are able to be pulled apart very easily, which is nice, but it's also letting air through.

Could be old stock, I purchased 2 CU's from PIU and they were defective (the top part) and leaked air. S&B sent replacements out quickly.

Reggie Watts

Could be old stock, I purchased 2 CU's from PIU and they were defective (the top part) and leaked air. S&B sent replacements out quickly.

Did you find that the air leak affected the vape's performance at all? Mine seems to be working fine, producing big clouds and all, but I haven't tried using a CU that doesn't leak, so I can't compare.

Reggie Watts,

biohacker

Did you find that the air leak affected the vape's performance at all? Mine seems to be working fine, producing big clouds and all, but I haven't tried using a CU that doesn't leak, so I can't compare.

Definitely, clouds were wispy and you could just hear the rush of "extra" airflow. Still produced vapour, but not even close to optimally. I rarely use CU's these days since discovering the muzzmod.

biohacker,

Taz

Tester
An update. I have the Mighty (PIU) for about 2 weeks.
Its a love-hate relationship.
Was a crazy week when I got my Mighty and had to break it in with limited resources. It Mightily kicked my ass after a T break and less than 2 grams for 2 days.

I was notified Sunday that I would be working out of town all week. Provided a perfect test for the Mighty but meant I had to travel for supplies before morning. That was successful. I vaped in the evenings being out of town every evening. I have only owned 2 vapes, the DaVinci and this 1.

No comparison!

Pros:
EZ draw-very little to no resistance
Taste
Saves me weed-kinda but I seem to be smoking more often Versus combustion on glass. 1 session now last for 2 session easily.Makes it a lot easier to control effects tho.
Was worried about size but I can fit 2 in a jeans pocket
Convenient and EZ to use-refill
EZ to clean
Clouds if wanted
Usable while charging-Charges from 2 bars to full charge in little over 1 hour. Haven't ever let it go lower than 2 bars.

Cons:
Price
Convenient and EZ to refill
Taste
I could see battery life a concern for hardcore
Makes me want to try every strain I have ever smoked to see what they really taste like.

You might notice that some are pros and cons due to I have not been higher, longer than I have in 30 years and I thought I was a casual user. I imagine I have used the Mighty more in 2 weeks than I will in 2 months, maybe not!

Torbill

I have had my Mighty for two days. It is replacing a Crafty. I bought it front puffitup. I am in Arizona and they are in Nevada, and I got great service - I ordered the unit on Tuesday and it arrived in the mail on Thursday.

The reasons I am making a change are that I didn't need the portability of the Crafty, and I want faster heat-up and longer battery cycles. The heat-up time is reduced from 2-3 minutes to about half of that, a huge improvement. Time between battery charges will be double what I have experienced with the Crafty.

There are two things that I really like about the Mighty that I hadn't realized until I started to use one. The first thing is, I don't have to have my iPhone around in order to know what is going on with the device. The screen on the side of the Mighty contains all the key information. Much more convenient for me.

The second thing is, the vapor on the Mighty seems just a bit cooler. There was never a problem with hot vapor with the Crafty at the temperatures I use, but the Mighty does seem to be a bit better. I wonder if this is due to the difference in the cooling unit. The Mighty cooling unit is larger. Vapor comes into the cooling unit in the middle of it. It is then directed to the end of the unit opposite the mouthpiece, and from there back to the end that has the mouthpiece - it enters in the middle, then travels to one end, then the other, and finally out the mouthpiece. This appears to be a much longer cooling path than the Crafty. I read a lot of reviews that compare the Crafty and the Mighty, and I don't remember any of them ever commenting on this difference.

I was going to spring for water filtration. Now I am not sure. I might be happy with things just as they are. In any event, the Mighty reeks of quality and great performance.

Taz

Tester
I have had my Mighty for two days. It is replacing a Crafty. I bought it front puffitup. I am in Arizona and they are in Nevada, and I got great service - I ordered the unit on Tuesday and it arrived in the mail on Thursday.

The reasons I am making a change are that I didn't need the portability of the Crafty, and I want faster heat-up and longer battery cycles. The heat-up time is reduced from 2-3 minutes to about half of that, a huge improvement. Time between battery charges will be double what I have experienced with the Crafty.

There are two things that I really like about the Mighty that I hadn't realized until I started to use one. The first thing is, I don't have to have my iPhone around in order to know what is going on with the device. The screen on the side of the Mighty contains all the key information. Much more convenient for me.

The second thing is, the vapor on the Mighty seems just a bit cooler. There was never a problem with hot vapor with the Crafty at the temperatures I use, but the Mighty does seem to be a bit better. I wonder if this is due to the difference in the cooling unit. The Mighty cooling unit is larger. Vapor comes into the cooling unit in the middle of it. It is then directed to the end of the unit opposite the mouthpiece, and from there back to the end that has the mouthpiece - it enters in the middle, then travels to one end, then the other, and finally out the mouthpiece. This appears to be a much longer cooling path than the Crafty. I read a lot of reviews that compare the Crafty and the Mighty, and I don't remember any of them ever commenting on this difference.

I was going to spring for water filtration. Now I am not sure. I might be happy with things just as they are. In any event, the Mighty reeks of quality and great performance.

I have found the stealth adequate with the Mighty. I am not out in public vaping it either but I can not see a place I could not use it if I wanted.

No, its not 1 hand cover but must be high or paranoid to not be able to use it where you want.
Might add that a joint (including no smoking venues but use lighters).
was never questioned at concerts, venues etc and this is much more stealth. IMHO.
The no flame pull out of pocket and vape is more stealth than I have used in 50 plus years.

The DaVinci was ok but was too much messing around to get it just perfect and resistance sucked (or not).

Mighty just crank up the heat slowly and taste tells you all you need to know for effects desired.

I mean there are plenty off bathrooms,woods,walls that I just am not worried if I want to toke.

I have COPD if you might ask.
  • :wave:

biohacker

Great recent posts comparing the mighty to the crafty fellas! All points definitely echo my experience! The Crafty has much potential, but if it's just going on its bit smaller size, it just can't compare to the Mighty in so many aspects. Looks like many of us have gone Crafty, and then switched over to the Mighty without looking back.

I'd LOVE to know the ACTUAL defect rate of the Crafty vs Mighty. Just from my personal observations, i'd have to say that the Crafty leads the Mighty in defects by a minimum of 2:1 if not more.

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
I have owned a Crafty since their initial launch. Since then I have sent it in 2 times for service each time getting a new unit. My newest unit has nearly 50 hours and I love it and it has always been my go to.
I was however tempted to buy the Mighty and with the return customer discount code it was too good to pass up.
Let me say this, I love it. I enjoy it even more than the crafty, it's better at cooling the vapor, it's faster to heat up and and faster to finish. I have only had it for 2 weeks, but the crafty has certainly taken a back seat to it

CaptVapor

Less than 6 months using the Mighty several times a day every...day... Just had to RMA today. It stopped charging (could be a faulty power supply) but also the batteries have been draining pretty quick.

I'd love to see a v2 of the Mighty with user changeable batteries!

Mainoffender

Power button failed again on Mighty number 2. A shame really as this one was a keeper. No issues with it at all up until now. Something's rattling around inside too. My first Mighty failed the same way. Oh well as long as they keep replacing them I'm okay with it. Hoping number 3 lasts a while. RMA printed. Off it goes.

Reggie Watts

Update: After receiving two leaky CUs from puffitup, I had S&B send me one, and this one is perfectly airtight. Finally!

I guess PIU has a bad batch of CUs. A little ironic how, for all the praise PIU receives, they appear to have a serious problem on their hands. If you don't have a good CU, you don't have an optimally-working Mighty.

With that said, the customer service did live up to the hype. Randy did his best to resolve it, and it's obviously not his fault that they have a bad batch.

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Okay so after reading this whole Mighty thread and having my MiniVap die last month and debating whether to buy or not, I finally broke down and bought the Mighty from PuffItUp. Using the FC discount I was able to get the Mighty, Wear and Tear Kit, & Seal Kit for ($376) Less than a Mighty alone from anywhere else.:clap:
I purchased late last Monday afternoon, received Thursday afternoon. Wow, with free shipping too:tup:
This Thing is Fucking Awesome! Can't believe I waiteds soooo long to buy this Incredible device. I've used it probably 6-8sessions and have charged it Twice since initially charging. And it charges Quickly. I Love the filling aid, it works great! The build quality is what's expected of S&B. And I feel it's rather nice. Feels good in the Hand. Not too big for me, just right, and my hands aren't too big. Easily fits in Jeans pocket and other pockets.
The Vapor Quality is Excellent:rockon: It's like a miniature version of my Digital Volcano or a Way Small, Way Cool Plenty I'm amazed at the Vapor Quality, Density, Temp and I'm gonna say that it's on Par with those. I've only used Full bowls and haven't tried the Concentrate Pad yet. Don't think I'll use much less material, as Full is just right for my medicating session. Nicely medicated after one Full bowl:tup:. Not sure I'll use concentrates in it, don't want to Mess it up. Plus I have lots of W9Tech Oil Equipment for that. How Messy is doing dabs on Liquid Pad??

So in conclusion, I :love:my new Mighty. I'm completely and extremely Satisfied with my purchase!! Anyone on the fence like I was, have No Fear and buy with confidence. Only Time will tell how it holds up, as I plan on using it at least 2-4 times daily.
Peace All and Happy Vaping:rockon:

esoh

Less than 6 months using the Mighty several times a day every...day... Just had to RMA today. It stopped charging (could be a faulty power supply) but also the batteries have been draining pretty quick.

I'd love to see a v2 of the Mighty with user changeable batteries!

I feel like broken AC adapter is the likely culprit here, I broke 3 in the course of 4 months a while ago.

esoh,

Ltblue

Hey guys I recently had my second Mighty's power button break on me and had it replaced under warranty, that was about a week ago.. Today my first(first one that I bought, well actually this one was a replacement for the first one lol) Mighty's power button broke on me! What is going on!? Anybody else have problems with their button? I find that it always stops working when I hold the device upside down/inverted and then press the button or something like that. Sucks I have to send it in but that's why I have another one lol. Atleast I don't have to buy accessories(cooling unit, screens, etc.) anymore :)

Ltblue,
Top Bottom