The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The standing mighty debate again I see...I don't care if the mighty stands up...as long as it makes me sit down...that is all.

Like @Alan Partridge said, the tool works for those times you feel you really need to stand it up and have to make the conscious effort to do so...

But due to the mightys build, I dont think a standing (hence able to fall) mighty is safer.

Better not to get used to the practice.

jareds

I've been reading that S&B will allow you to upgrade from The Crafty to The Mighty if your Crafty breaks. Will they allow you to upgrade if you are not satisfied with The Crafty's performance? Thanks

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've been reading that S&B will allow you to upgrade from The Crafty to The Mighty if your Crafty breaks. Will they allow you to upgrade if you are not satisfied with The Crafty's performance? Thanks
No, only if it fails. to operate normally and the fix is deemed to be covered by warranty.

Edit
Actuallly, one Crafty return was because it needed battery, which I paid for. At that time, they did offer me a $100 US discount on Mighty, but I was not eligible for the $60 upgrade until that Crafty then got the bad lights, which are covered. They called it a warranty exchange.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
'tis true...yesterday my Mighty did a face plant on the kitchen table. Other than my heart skipping a beat, not a scratch!
I've dropped mine hard on the floor before and it didn't damage it...but another time I did, the housing cracked badly...it's the luck of the fall or your lack of luck.
What @vapviking said is true BUT a warranty covored failure can mean a bunch of things...
For example, your Crafty doesnt/refuses to connect via bluetooth.
Maybe the temp SAYS it's accurate...but you've tried a friend's crafty and the performance is much better, so you know something is wrong...
Maybe you have intermittent flashing lights problems and the list goes on...get creative.

If your Crafty is still pretty new (like 30 days or less), you might be able just to contact them to do a trade.

jareds

I've dropped mine hard on the floor before and it didn't damage it...but another time I did, the housing cracked badly...it's the luck of the fall or your lack of luck.

What @vapviking said is true BUT a warranty covored failure can mean a bunch of things...
For example, your Crafty doesnt/refuses to connect via bluetooth.
Maybe the temp SAYS it's accurate...but you've tried a friend's crafty and the performance is much better, so you know something is wrong...
Maybe you have intermittent flashing lights problems and the list goes on...get creative.

If your Crafty is still pretty new (like 30 days or less), you might be able just to contact them to do a trade.
I haven't purchased one yet, I was originally leaning towards the Crafty, then after reading about all of the headaches it's been causing people, I started thinking more about the mighty, but I like the size of the Crafty so much more. I was curious how S&B stood behind their product.

jareds,

CaptVapor

So sending in my Mighty for the not charging issue... will they just send a new one back? What normally happens when S&B have you send in your Mighty RMA?

CaptVapor,

olysh pops

Any idea why the mighty (and crafty) is cheaper on amazon.co.uk?

S&B products are more expensive in US than Europe.

For example S&B website sell Mighty at 399$ or 348€. But change rate says 348€=380$.

Custom tax / transport charges / exchange rate fluctuation may explain this difference, Mighty is made in Germany.

Last edited:
olysh pops,
Reactions: VegNVape

Spocks_Katra

how do you guys twist off the cooling unit? im watching videos and it looks like theyre basically putting no pressure on it to spin, however, when I try to twist mine off I feel like I have to go very slowly because I get resistance. does it have to be "broken in"

because sometimes I can hear creaking when I try to take it off and im worried

Spocks_Katra,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
how do you guys twist off the cooling unit? im watching videos and it looks like theyre basically putting no pressure on it to spin, however, when I try to twist mine off I feel like I have to go very slowly because I get resistance. does it have to be "broken in"

because sometimes I can hear creaking when I try to take it off and im worried

Push down gently. Turn it slowly. It's plastic, with a tight seal and an o-ring. Resistance is natural and by design. (Yeah, you might hear creaking. Again, plastic. Don't be worried.)

Treat the Mighty with kid gloves....be very careful taking the CU off. Don't let it worry you, just be gentle with it. (You might find it easier to remove the CU when it's warm.)

Also keep the thing clean, because a lot of problems stem from poor maintenance.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So sending in my Mighty for the not charging issue... will they just send a new one back? What normally happens when S&B have you send in your Mighty RMA?
Depends. They were sending most members brand new replacements for err004 early on...when it was my time to send it in they just replaced my housing and updated the mighty, instead of sending a new one.

There is NO consistency there...
I haven't purchased one yet, I was originally leaning towards the Crafty, then after reading about all of the headaches it's been causing people, I started thinking more about the mighty, but I like the size of the Crafty so much more. I was curious how S&B stood behind their product.
If you buy directly from S&B or PIU there is a return window...not sure of the exact length, but it is there as an option.

WakeAndVape,

CaptVapor

So I discovered something and wanted to let you guys know.

I haven't been able to make it to the post office to send my Mighty in so last night I decided to have one more bowl with it (using what was left of its charge). Then I wanted to test the charger and lo and behold, it started charging! I kept it near me so I could watch it and noticed it stopped charging (the screen turns off) when it hits the halfway mark.

This could indicate that only 1/2 of my batteries has died. If anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear from you.

CaptVapor,

beware116

Sorry if this has been asked to death, but what batteries does the Mighty use? Are they generic 18650s? I have a lot of Haze batteries lying around that I was hoping to reuse.

beware116,

CaptVapor

Sorry if this has been asked to death, but what batteries does the Mighty use? Are they generic 18650s? I have a lot of Haze batteries lying around that I was hoping to reuse.

They are the same voltage but require being soldered in (not user replaceable)

TokesandJokes

mTXqRtk.jpg

Gunna have a good weekend with my Mighty!

mod note: Edited to embed image

Last edited by a moderator:

subway13029

Ok ive been having issues with muzzmod falling apart after being used heavily and the oils getting between the glue so ice been trying to get a better method and i got one if the easflow adapters and anyone who has this im having trouble even gtting the piece to turn at all when i take the glass piece out the black plastic twists right on but i can see where u dont wanna turn all the way or it will break but when the glass adapter is inserted its hitting the edge of mighty and wont turn??

subway13029,

Ltblue

Hello, I have a question. As I was cleaning the mighty, when you open ithe cooling unit there is a brownish/gold oil inside(sticky and gunky). Is that the same stuff that is used as "dabs" or is it more resin like and have no use after? Also when you scrape out the left over near the mouth piece there is the stuff that looks like hash lol. Not that I really need it but it just seems like a waste or maybe there are so use for these 2 things..idk

cloudsosmoke

@subway13029

id proceed very cautiously
same kind of thing broke some top plastic on crafty for me with budgie bubbler (hydratube)

.. my short term solution

i dont use black plastic ..just glass bit
load and switch on ..remove cu after its warmed up then glass bit (thats already assembled with upright bubbler which has just come out of fridge) pressed tight to exposed bowl
i can get a reasonable fit - so can get clouds

gets hot

Last edited:
cloudsosmoke,

Spocks_Katra

Hello, I have a question. As I was cleaning the mighty, when you open ithe cooling unit there is a brownish/gold oil inside(sticky and gunky). Is that the same stuff that is used as "dabs" or is it more resin like and have no use after? Also when you scrape out the left over near the mouth piece there is the stuff that looks like hash lol. Not that I really need it but it just seems like a waste or maybe there are so use for these 2 things..idk

its honey resin, not as potent as wax or shatter but you could technically still dab it, itll be pretty potent, scrape it off and save it or revape it!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Some folks think it's dirty and gunky while others love it. It is merely vapor that has cooled enough to condense before reaching the customer. (except that part that looks like hash, which is probably particles of abv that got thru the screen. I use a fine screen in the c/u). The oil can be used many ways. I find it easy to scrape it out of the c/u and deposit it on to an oil pad or two for later, making a little sandwich with flower on bottom, then oil pad, then a pinch more flower on top. The flower provides some flavor, since a lot of that is gone from the resin. My perception is that the oil smooths out the vape a little, makes for less cough or irritation; this is just what I find. Oh, and it definitely has effect. btw, after using oil in the Mighty, it's good to wipe the bowl clean with paper towel while still very warm.

An interesting thing for me about vaping is exploring the avenues.

A bit off topic, but close in name to honey resin -- Yesterday I read about a fellow who has trained his bees to harvest pollen from cannabis. Cannahoney! (the bees, reportedly, do not get high, apparently they have no receptors for this)
https://greenrushdaily.com/2016/03/03/bees-making-honey-from-cannabis/

Last edited:

Green Kiwi

Ok ive been having issues with muzzmod falling apart after being used heavily and the oils getting between the glue so ice been trying to get a better method and i got one if the easflow adapters and anyone who has this im having trouble even gtting the piece to turn at all when i take the glass piece out the black plastic twists right on but i can see where u dont wanna turn all the way or it will break but when the glass adapter is inserted its hitting the edge of mighty and wont turn??
The easy flow adaptors need a bit of modification D.I.Y.
If let original you have to be indeed very very careful when screwing on.
However i you look at he clamping wedges on the CU,thats subtle increasing wedge is what you want to copie on the plastic from easy flow.
I did it with a dremel, it can also be done with a file.
After this not a problem or worry using it.
I Have thousands of sessions on it like this.:D.

Green Kiwi,

CarbonFiberGuy

My couch sessions just got upgraded , No longer have to miss what I'm watching to look down into the F-bomb , Mighty tastes so good like this :brow:

Also about the muzzmod falling apart , mine has worked great for about a year of heavy use with no problems . I used the high temp jb weld like muzz recommend . I also put an aggressive sand paper scratch on the plastic ,and sanded scratches in the glass base to help with adhesion . From my experience if the bonding surfaces are too smooth or perfect there will be no real adhesion .I then put the mixed jb weld in a corner of a zip lock bag so I can cut the corner and apply a nice even bead . I DO NOT clamp it once done I sit the glass piece on top and lighty set it, and lighty twist L/R almost like a delicate tile .you want to make sure the jb weld does not just squish out all over the place . Then I take a silicone tool and wipe the edge nice n tidy . Mine has seen a lot of high temps use with zero problems .

Last edited:
Top Bottom