The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

tdriver

One thing to keep in mind is that with vaping the use of water is primarily to add much needed moisture to what is being delivered. With combustion water helps to cool the very high temps. as well as add moisture.

water cured bud
okay, you got me. What's that?

it's just what it says, bud cured in water instead of air. the harshness is almost zero.
I'm vaping my bud this way the last 3 years and i will never look back.

the only downside is "the looks" the bud just looks a bit different compared to air dried/cured, and the grower/seller don't like that....
that is why this method it's not so popular.....
on another plus, same herb air vs water cured, same amount of both the water-cured has more crystals (per weight) cause the product shrinks a bit in water....

just do a google search and you will get all the details you need. there is more to it than I can write in a few lines.

Mr. Me2

it's just what it says, bud cured in water instead of air. the harshness is almost zero.

the only downside is "the looks" the bud just looks a bit different compared to air dried/cured, and the grower/seller don't like that....
on another plus, same herb air vs water cured, same amount of both the water-cured has more crystals (per weight) cause the product shrinks a bit in water....

just do a google search and you will get all the details you need. there is more to it than I can write in a few lines.
Sounds like this could be its own new thread

Mr. Me2,

Justpassedu

Keep in mind that water curing , you are loosing taste from the bud and it also looses some concentration , water curing is not for me and sounds kind of tedious but prob can help some , good article - http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/30004048-how-to-water-cure-cannabis

http://www.cannahacker.com/water-curing-your-stash-for-smoother-smoke/

MonkeyTime

You certainly loose taste and smell. Sometimes that's a good thing :leaf:

Another sometimes positive is that you loose mass as well. Take the same amount of herb and cure equal amounts both ways and you'll find about 25-30% less after water curing. That's why it will never catch on unless you're doing your own home grown.

I personally love it. I do about 1/2 that way. It cuts smells down huge, it's silly smooth, and you get more THC per gram, so more in your oven! I really do miss the taste with it, it's flat, but the pro's out weight the con.

Sorry to help with the derailing. Please return to your normally programmed Mighty discussion.

MT

LouFeinberg

Hey Lou, I just ordered a Mighty from puffitup and saved a nice piece of change. Thank you!!

Perhaps you could give me some advice on another question. I am an older, one year MMJ user, still experimenting with what works best for me. I have good lungs and no breathing problems, but the vapor sometimes chokes me a bit and makes me cough, in spite of the various techniques I have tried. I have read that water filtering might help. I see that there are various methods for doing water with the Mighty. Do you think that this is with a try for me? If so, what sort of setup would you suggest?

Great to hear you're in motion with puffitup!

I'm an MMJ user, too, a first-timer in my 50s. I'm alllll about the muzzmod, man. I need that smoothness from the water, or I wouldn't be able to pull this off at all. Other folks have found other methods useful, but the muzzmod is so astoundingly easy and effective that I can honestly call it lifesaving. Flip back just the past few pages to see what folks like biohacker have been saying too.

One thing I especially appreciate about the muzzmod is that by swapping in for the cooling unit, I NEVER CLEAN ANYTHING. Maybe the pristine Cali medical flower in these parts helps, but even for the oven, all I do is sweep it out with the little brush. I bought a Magic Eraser and haven't had to use it -- but no cooling unit to clean has been massive for me.

Speaking of @biohacker, he mentioned in a recent post that his wife prefers the silicon CU adapter from Delta3D Studio because it makes for smoother vapor. On one hand, I really like the idea of another level of cooling that would come from attaching an adapter between the cooling unit and the glass.

On the other, it would require eventually having to clean the cooling unit. It also doesn't look nearly as easy to hold as the muzzmod. As it is, I basically just park the muzzmodded Mighty on top of the bubbler, and leave it there while I'm working it. I'm not looking for the dramatic -- and admittedly fun -- filling and clearing of the glass. I just want my meds with as little work as possible.

I say this with all the love and respect in the world for people who are into this to be into ALL of it, mind you -- the getting high, the nuances of the look of the swirling clouds, the fiddling with paraphernalia, and all that. Thanks to alla y'all for driving this whole thing forward over the years, for really pushing the limits of what flowers can do to make our lives so much better...

...but me, I'm pretty thoroughly compromised in the scheme of things, and have to spend a more than typical amount of energy just keeping my shit on the rails. I don't feel like I have an infinite degree of latitude on my approaches, or the same amount of energy for experimentation that other folks do.

And I'm a lazy bastard. LOL So I'm all about taking the fewest steps possible....but if I feel enough better from combining the cooling unit and glass using the Delta 3D adapter, it might be worth having to do a little more cleanup and use two actual hands to medicate LOL....but I suspect I'm gonna land where biohacker has, that the muzzmod is already such a stupefying step up that I don't need another step.

Nothing fancy on the glass for me, btw: I got the cheapo, super-simple, and very effective D-020 from sunshinestore. Took a week to get to me in Cali from China. Couldn't have been easier.

I feel as if it helps me not cough when I start off with low temperatures and work my way up once it stops producing vapor. For some reason it makes me cough less when I start low and go HIGH.

This and then some. The ability of the Mighty to not just have low temperature options, but to actually really fucking WORK at low temperatures is what has made all the difference in the world, compared to other approaches I tried. Not that it was a ton of others, mind you, but vaping low is HUGE for me. REALLY low, like 160-165c most of the time.

I don't enjoy coughing at all, though, and happily trade off the theoretical maximum impact in exchange for an experience I actually enjoy.

But my point is also that the low-temp Mighty/muzzmod/water is hitting me harder than higher temps on other vapes.

There's a conversation coming out of this that's worth pursuing in another forum about the relationships between temperatures, strains, and the kind of therapeutic relief one is seeking -- but the germane point for now is that none of my therapies aim to include body-wracking coughs. LOL Even a little. Experienced vapers (and combusters) will laugh at this of course, but I suspect that there are other noobs besides me who aren't laughing in quite the same way. A couple of big coughs, and I feel done for the day, even if I haven't achieved a therapeutic dose, so this is HIGHLY defeating.

So for actual expertise, I yield the floor to everybody else here. EVERYBODY else here. LOL But I think that my experience can still be pretty helpful for other people who aren't weed experts, aren't super-experienced with the wide world of vaping, and whose medical conditions inform their approaches to all this. An admittedly narrow slice of the world, but that's where I live.

And lazy bastards. LOL Perhaps a less narrow slice of the world.

Last edited:

biohacker

Pick your poison, clean your glass often with the muzzmod, or enjoy your clean glass and clean your CU often. I prefer the muzzmod, the misses prefers the SonG with CU so it's all preference. I do think that the CU provides restriction compared to without, which makes sense - and i'm starting to think it changes the vapour density. Perhaps I can compensate for it by drawing slower with the muzzmod, but I think the additional drag of the CU gives me thicker denser milk in the can. Could just be the effects of the Mighty too!

It's nice and all to plop a muzzmodded Mighty on top of a water tool, however it's designed to be operated vertically, and that puff of vapour out of the bottom of the air INtake always gives me the heebie geebies! I usually take mine off after every hit.

biohacker,
Reactions: Vapetrees

MonkeyTime

Question for those of you that have upgraded from a Crafty to the Mighty. How long did SB take to respond and ask for payment after you sent it in?

When I sent my Crafty in last time, I got a tracking number the next day after they received it. I've heard of this pretty consistently.

I know they got my Crafty yesterday, but I haven't heard from them and I'm getting that sinking feeling I'm that 1 in 100. I'll be the guy who's device has never gotten wet, but the moisture indicators are triggered. Or my battery has been charged too many times. I can just feel it starting and I don't want no bad juju.

Just want to pay and see what all this fuss is about!

MonkeyTime,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Question for those of you that have upgraded from a Crafty to the Mighty. How long did SB take to respond and ask for payment after you sent it in?

When I sent my Crafty in last time, I got a tracking number the next day after they received it. I've heard of this pretty consistently.

I know they got my Crafty yesterday, but I haven't heard from them and I'm getting that sinking feeling I'm that 1 in 100. I'll be the guy who's device has never gotten wet, but the moisture indicators are triggered. Or my battery has been charged too many times. I can just feel it starting and I don't want no bad juju.

Just want to pay and see what all this fuss is about!
Hey, calm the heck down!
Less than a day has passed, and they're in CA.
There's plenty of reason to hope for a positive outcome!

Fascinating.
Thank you!

***Oh crap, double post. Apologies.

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyTime

Hey, calm the heck down!
Less than a day has passed, and they're in CA.
There's plenty of reason to hope for a positive outcome!

Not needed, but thanks. And after re-reading my post, fully earned.

Didn't mean to sound panicky, I'm not. Just anxious to find out and move on. I've had an incredible run of good karma, I can feel it coming to an end, but I want to treat myself and enjoy. If they accept the upgrade, I'm looking at another portable, one hitter style. If they don't, I'll get the Crafty fixed and maybe buy a Mighty. I'm excited that I might get to shop for another vape! My vas is extremely strong this time of year.

MonkeyTime,

shaolinmilk

Not needed, but thanks. And after re-reading my post, fully earned.

Didn't mean to sound panicky, I'm not. Just anxious to find out and move on. I've had an incredible run of good karma, I can feel it coming to an end, but I want to treat myself and enjoy. If they accept the upgrade, I'm looking at another portable, one hitter style. If they don't, I'll get the Crafty fixed and maybe buy a Mighty. I'm excited that I might get to shop for another vape! My vas is extremely strong this time of year.
After they received my Crafty, it took about 3 days before someone contacted me via phone.

TokesandJokes

What's the easiest way to get a MuzzMod? Is it something you make your own or Does he run an EBay store similar to the guy who makes the efficiency mods for Da Buddha and MiVape?

TokesandJokes,

LouFeinberg

What's the easiest way to get a MuzzMod?

I wrote a mock epic post a while back in playful response to some folks who felt it was too hard to make one, but my bottom line was 30 minutes and $30 all in for the first one (including the cost of buying tools, none of which I had to begin), and 15 minutes and $15 for the second one.

Still, making stuff isn't everyone's cup of tea. I kind of do enjoy making things, but I'm also both a klutz and a slob, so mine isn't exactly pretty. Also, I get that for a lot of people, the time/value ratio of DIY doesn't land in the right place.

Looking at the Lazymods that @biohacker got from @lazylathe in this post, holy moly, those things are fucking gorgeous. If tragedy befalls my first two muzzmod babies (one adapter cracked when I dropped it, so who knows how I'll mess 'em up eventually), that's definitely my next move.

MonkeyTime

What's the easiest way to get a MuzzMod? Is it something you make your own or Does he run an EBay store similar to the guy who makes the efficiency mods for Da Buddha and MiVape?
The MuzzMod is just that, a modification. You use your existing cu to fashion a water pipe adapter. I've seen a number of tutorials, some are pretty close to Muzz's directions even!

Spocks_Katra

so i checked my SN and its a 29XXX not 30XXX are these units still alright, are there any flaws known to them?

Spocks_Katra,

verdampersweats

Does the temp overshoot by much and does it buzz anytime the power is pushed Spocks_Katra? Im sure 29xxx has the re-enforced housing so i doubt much would be wrong. The best you would get in the USA is 30xxx it seems 35xxx has yet to reach those shores.

I got a 35xxx in Germany in January for the record i think i said this before.

Torbill

Thanks for all the good ideas, folks. Very helpful!

In response to all the comments...

Lou, as to being a new MMJ user, I explain to my friends that I am the only known survivor of the 1960s who got to 2015 and never even knew what weed smells like. They have fun with that one.

I already do all of my vaping at 355 deg F, so I cannot go cooler.

Regarding water-cured weed, I am going to pass. I get my supply at the MMJ dispensary and I've never seen this sort of product, so I don't want to create a dependency on something that may not be commonly available to me. The other thing is, as a MMJ user, I want consistency. I think I will have somewhat better luck with consistency if I condition the vapor after the vapor has been produced and is out of the Mighty.

Interfacing a bubbler to the Mighty has been done in several ways, as I understand it. One way is the muzzmod. (JB Weld is some very bad stuff when used to repair a water bottle, horrible taste. I can only imagine what it would be like if vaped. However, I understand that the adhesive fillet is placed on the outside, so I am generally OK with what I see of this mod.)

A second approach is similar, and was done by lazylathe. I saw the picture but cannot find a description of what the large grey fillet is made of. Perhaps somebody could explain to me how this is different from the basic muzzmod.

A third approach is the Delta 3D part that replaces the top of the Mighty cooling chamber with a custom adapter part.

All of these three devices are discussed in this (Mighty) thread. There is a fourth device, done by Delta 3D, that I have not seen discussed in this thread. It is the one that connects directly to the Mighty mouthpiece. This might result in a flimsy rig, but for the small amount of time I spend with a vaporizer it seems like it might be an option.

I am very good with tools, and anticipate that I could easily do one of the first two devices. But why would I go through the trouble? I am sure there are good reasons, but I don't have the experience to know what they are. In other words, could somebody please tell me why I should not choose one of the two Delta devices?

Finally, Chinese bubbler appears to be back ordered, and the delivery date looks to be as late as mid-April. Is there another source of inexpensive water tool that I can try? I have googled and checked ebay and come up empty...

Torbill,

biohacker

A second approach is similar, and was done by lazylathe. I saw the picture but cannot find a description of what the large grey fillet is made of. Perhaps somebody could explain to me how this is different from the basic muzzmod.

It's not really that different....Lazy just bored out the extra material so there was more open airflow, and then went to town with the JB Weld high temp. One used a reducer adapter, the other was his own custom glass piece. I just found extra long reducers so those would be perfect (nice and long).

I am very good with tools, and anticipate that I could easily do one of the first two devices. But why would I go through the trouble? I am sure there are good reasons, but I don't have the experience to know what they are. In other words, could somebody please tell me why I should not choose one of the two Delta devices?

I compared both just a few posts up on this very pages. Different strokes for different folks. It all depends on whether you want the CU in the equation or not. It's nice having both options.

Finally, Chinese bubbler appears to be back ordered, and the delivery date looks to be as late as mid-April. Is there another source of inexpensive water tool that I can try? I have googled and checked ebay and come up empty...

Hundreds on DHGATE.

Sadly, due to the addition of my Supreme v3, the Mighty received zero love yesterday for the first time ever!

biohacker,
Reactions: lazylathe

Justpassedu

Thanks for all the good ideas, folks. Very helpful!

In response to all the comments...

Lou, as to being a new MMJ user, I explain to my friends that I am the only known survivor of the 1960s who got to 2015 and never even knew what weed smells like. They have fun with that one.

I already do all of my vaping at 355 deg F, so I cannot go cooler.

Regarding water-cured weed, I am going to pass. I get my supply at the MMJ dispensary and I've never seen this sort of product, so I don't want to create a dependency on something that may not be commonly available to me. The other thing is, as a MMJ user, I want consistency. I think I will have somewhat better luck with consistency if I condition the vapor after the vapor has been produced and is out of the Mighty.

Interfacing a bubbler to the Mighty has been done in several ways, as I understand it. One way is the muzzmod. (JB Weld is some very bad stuff when used to repair a water bottle, horrible taste. I can only imagine what it would be like if vaped. However, I understand that the adhesive fillet is placed on the outside, so I am generally OK with what I see of this mod.)

A third approach is the Delta 3D part that replaces the top of the Mighty cooling chamber with a custom adapter part.

All of these three devices are discussed in this (Mighty) thread. There is a fourth device, done by Delta 3D, that I have not seen discussed in this thread. It is the one that connects directly to the Mighty mouthpiece. This might result in a flimsy rig, but for the small amount of time I spend with a vaporizer it seems like it might be an option.

I say try delta's universal water pipe adaptor , I use one and like it allot. I don't run my mighty through water much so it's a nice option to have as I can use it on my other vapes also. I think since it keeps the cooling unit in place while using it that it should help you out getting the smoothest and coolest hits possible through water. Plus it is simple to use.

Justpassedu,

Spocks_Katra

Does the temp overshoot by much and does it buzz anytime the power is pushed Spocks_Katra? Im sure 29xxx has the re-enforced housing so i doubt much would be wrong. The best you would get in the USA is 30xxx it seems 35xxx has yet to reach those shores.

I got a 35xxx in Germany in January for the record i think i said this before.

The temp goes up and down around where i have it set, so i had it at 395 last night and it would go from 392-400 back and forth is this normal? it seemed pretty underwhelming as I got higher last night on my air, but I also think I packed the mighty too loosely

the power button vibrates when I turn it on and off, I have to hold it down just a bit longer than a click

Spocks_Katra,

Justpassedu

The temp goes up and down around where i have it set, so i had it at 395 last night and it would go from 392-400 back and forth is this normal? it seemed pretty underwhelming as I got higher last night on my air, but I also think I packed the mighty too loosely

the power button vibrates when I turn it on and off, I have to hold it down just a bit longer than a click
Mine acts the same way. Heat it up it usually goes about 5 degrees higher and when i hit it , it fluctuates a few degrees up & down.

Justpassedu,

TokesandJokes

Anything that's not filled and packed tightly to the top I use the concentrate puck and put that on top. More airflow between the herbs in the chamber means less vapor as air is not a good conductor for heat. If should fluctuate between 2-5 degrees above or below your target temp. It's not a problem. I usually start at 350-360 and bump up the temp by 10 degree after every hit until vapor production wanes. If I want a bong like high I will start at 380-390 and top out at 405-410

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Hello everyone, I'll be joining the Mighty club soon. Mine should come in by tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! My MiniVap died, so I needed another portable and have been following this thread from begginning and have read the thread from start to finish & I'm sure I'll LOVE it. It seems they have all the kinks worked out like the breaking plastic housing and vibration alert and the auto off timer. I've just recently got the Plenty and Love it!, but getting tired of bringing an extension cord and running it out to my vehicle while at work. The Mighty should make my life much easier for out and about! This will be my 3rd S&B product, I hope I love the Mighty as much as my Digit Volcano & Plenty.

have a goodnight all & I'll be sure to come back tomorrow night with first impressions:rockon:

mightyhigh

gf got me a replacement cooling unit and it's super nice. I wonder if they have updated it or I just forgot how nice it is when not gunked up. had my mighty almost 10 months now and loving every second.

mightyhigh,
Top Bottom