The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have not, but I prefer ground glass adapter. I use an Arizer 18mm whip adapter that's about ten dollars. Next choice would be silicone SonG, cause I try to avoid the metal on glass, scratching, different expansion characteristics, etc.

Interesting black tubing. Shows less oily stuff inside but maybe shows more grit/dust on its outside compared to white?

vapviking,
Reactions: mixchu69

biohacker

Thanks to my brotha @lazylathe I am now the proud owner of two Muzzmods! I actually call them my LazyMod's as they are seriously beefed up! Complete game changer for me....it's like a completely different vaporizer! Way more airflow and so much more enjoyable to use than my SonG. However, my wife did notice that it IS harsher and prefers the CU+SonG, but I can never see myself going back. I was even enjoying dry hits with it which really surprised me!

Pics and videos to follow! :rockon:

Mr. Me2

Thanks to my brotha @lazylathe I am now the proud owner of two Muzzmods! I actually call them my LazyMod's as they are seriously beefed up! Complete game changer for me....it's like a completely different vaporizer! Way more airflow and so much more enjoyable to use than my SonG. However, my wife did notice that it IS harsher and prefers the CU+SonG, but I can never see myself going back. I was even enjoying dry hits with it which really surprised me!

Pics and videos to follow! :rockon:
Pictures? Oops, saw your last line AFTER I posted...

biohacker

Hv5CW9o.jpg

J84L5hF.jpg

Video to follow when time permits!

@MinnBobber - I tried the flexicone with the Mighty, but it doesn't stay put. It can seal but it's too awkward and tricky to do. No need with these mods anyway!

flipjoe

Hi, this is my first post and i would like to thank all of you for helping me to decide which vapes to buy and how to pimp them. These forums are great!

I have a small problem, maybe somebody can help.
The fin of my Crafty broke and i sent it to Storz&Bickel asking for a Mighty upgrade. Today i got the Mighty and noticed that when i draw on it (without any herbs in it) there's a whistling sound which wasn't there with the Crafty. I know it's not the CU because i tried different ones. It only whistles when i draw on it a little harder than i usually do but my normal drawing is very softly and friends will definitely hit it harder and make it whistle. Now i don't know if i should try it with herb because after that they can't exchange it as easy as a clean one.
Did anyone had this whistling sound with his Mighty? Is it normal or should i send it back?
Thanks for any help in advance.

biohacker

Welcome to FC! I have never heard of that myself, but I definitely hear air "whooshing" through the intake as i'm drawing. Can you take a video or audio clip of the actual whistling sound?

The only vaporizer that i've owned that whistles is the EVO! Drove me insane! LOUD annoying whistle. If yours is similar, it's definitely not normal.

Mighty's should not whistle! lol

biohacker,
Reactions: dzoinp

Mr. Me2

Hi, this is my first post and i would like to thank all of you for helping me to decide which vapes to buy and how to pimp them. These forums are great!

I have a small problem, maybe somebody can help.
The fin of my Crafty broke and i sent it to Storz&Bickel asking for a Mighty upgrade. Today i got the Mighty and noticed that when i draw on it (without any herbs in it) there's a whistling sound which wasn't there with the Crafty. I know it's not the CU because i tried different ones. It only whistles when i draw on it a little harder than i usually do but my normal drawing is very softly and friends will definitely hit it harder and make it whistle. Now i don't know if i should try it with herb because after that they can't exchange it as easy as a clean one.
Did anyone had this whistling sound with his Mighty? Is it normal or should i send it back?
Thanks for any help in advance.
Welcome flip!

@biohacker knows his Mighty's so personally, I'd trust any of his recommendations. But I have a couple suggestions. Test your cu's for leaks by removing the cu and blocking the air intake with your thumb. Now try drawing on it; you should not be able to draw, and there should be no whistling.

Second, inspect the location/placement of all of the gaskets. If they are not properly seated, air may be leaking in causing the whistle.

Good luck!

flipjoe

Thanks for your help guys!
Here's a short video. I took a really hard draw at the end. Actually sounds cool as an instrument. :)

biohacker

That definitely sounds like a leak! @Mr. Me2 has sound advice that I agree with - it's either the Cooling Unit or compromised seal that is causing that. But who knows!?

I had two bad CU "tops"..... still baffled by how or why, but assume that the opening was just slightly a tad to big by a nanometer. The bottoms became my muzzmods!

biohacker,

flipjoe

The CU is airtight when i put my thumb under it so it must be something else. Damn! I really want to hit this with something in it. :) Maybe i should try another o-ring around the oven as i have some replacement ones. Thanks again!

flipjoe,

biohacker

Try the oven o-ring (although i've never changed mine in any of the 4 Mighty's i've owned). I'm going to try hitting my Mighty without any herb in it to see if I can CREATE your whistle! lol

flipjoe

I just found out that when i block the hole for the ac input the whistle is gone. There must be something inside the unit which is not tight.

Last edited:
flipjoe,

biohacker

Sounds like it. I just tried an zero whistle...only air whooshing! I also put my finger on the orange pick hole and the charging input hole and it made zero difference.

Sorry about your crappy luck, i'm pretty certain this is an FC first!

flipjoe

That sucks. I can put my finger over the charging hole while drawing and use this thing. It doesn't feel uncomfortable at all but i guess there's something not quite right with this thing. I'll better send it back to Storz&Bickel.
Thanks a lot for helping me to investigate. I love FC!!!!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
and I was just the other day saying that Pax2 is the only vape that plays music!

Cool videos notwithstanding, seriously, sorry you got that one and hope turnaround is quick.
Not right in there; heating/drawing on it not recommended!
but, cool videos!

vapviking,
Reactions: flipjoe

Reggie Watts

Both my Crafty and Mighty make a soft whistling sound when drawn from with force, but not nearly as loud as yours. (It's probably a higher-frequency pitch, so less audible to the human ear.) My CUs are airtight too.

Reggie Watts,

flipjoe

Funny that you have the Crafty and Mighty too. Got my 2880 and 45000 looper standing right next to the whistling mighty. Maybe i should make a beat with it before sending it back. :)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
My Mighty makes the same whistle, same exact tone, on inhale thru the charger hole, no stir stick in place. I was just playing along with your vid. And putting a finger over the stir stick hole 'mutes' the whistle!

Now I notice that blowing softly in the stir stick hole also makes the whistle.
I feel a chorus coming on...

btw, blowing anywhere into the thing (like me!) is not recommended. There's moisture detection in there that can void the warranty if triggered.

flipjoe

Thanks for checking that out. I have some news as i tried drawing on the Mighty while it's hot and the whistling sound is now a lot more quiet and changed in pitch. I can't recreate the sounds of the first video. Very strange. But maybe it will even get better after some burnoffs. Or maybe i just have to load some serious delicious stuff in it?

Reggie Watts

Thanks for checking that out. I have some news as i tried drawing on the Mighty while it's hot and the whistling sound is now a lot more quiet and changed in pitch. I can't recreate the sounds of the first video. Very strange. But maybe it will even get better after some burnoffs. Or maybe i just have to load some serious delicious stuff in it?

Keep us updated. I'd like to know what happens with yours, because mine sometimes produces a faint high-pitched whistle, but it doesn't seem to be affecting performance. It was never loud like your first video, but I also never tried sucking through it cold and dry when it was new, so...lol.

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: blackstone

flipjoe

So i found out that when the Mighty got cold again the loud whistling was back. Heated it up again and the whistle turned quiet to a level where i only hear it when it's really silent around me. I tried this procedure (heating up amd letting it cool down) several times and it felt real stupid to suck on an empty vape that often. Besides the soft plastic taste could possibly be more dangerous than combusting. But as i was successful "fixing" other vapes i wanted to give it a try. My lungs probably hate me.
So i send a request including the video to S&B and am eager to see what they say about it...

Edit:
Got the message from S&B that it's safe to use the Mighty but i could send it back if i'm not satisfied with its performance.
The thing is that the mighty is totally usable as the whistling is so low when heated up. I'll decide later what to do when i'll get back from work.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
So i found out that when the Mighty got cold again the loud whistling was back. Heated it up again and the whistle turned quiet to a level where i only hear it when it's really silent around me. I tried this procedure (heating up amd letting it cool down) several times and it felt real stupid to suck on an empty vape that often. Besides the soft plastic taste could possibly be more dangerous than combusting. But as i was successful "fixing" other vapes i wanted to give it a try. My lungs probably hate me.
So i send a request including the video to S&B and am eager to see what they say about it...

Edit:
Got the message from S&B that it's safe to use the Mighty but i could send it back if i'm not satisfied with its performance.
The thing is that the mighty is totally usable as the whistling is so low when heated up. I'll decide later what to do when i'll get back from work.
Well, you got the green light to try it out, if you're okay with that. Or return; you have a working piece and choices. Start a band?
Glad to see you sent the video! The first one, I hope...funny!
Maybe it'll be fine with some break-in. If not, send back at your leisure.
btw, you might be able to get S&B to cover your postage, but you probably have to make separate request for that. Not sure if any policy changed when a page for warranty service requests was added to the website a couple of months ago.

vapviking,

flipjoe

They already send me the link to the free postage sheet. Replies came almost instantly and the customer service seems pretty fast in germany.
But i had to pay 50 bucks for the Mighty-upgrade although i payed 300 for the Crafty a year ago and now a new Mighty costs around 300 over here.
Anyway i don't want to complain. I just hope everything turns out fine.
I wonder if they have a problem when i try out the mighty and then decide to send it in because i already told them i didn't use it with herbs. But i guess it's my right to try it out.

Top Bottom