The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
my wife is from Ecuador been there a few times, beautiful country, there is a beach out there called montanita its known as a hippie beach, that people hang out at very marijuana friendly, beautiful, friendly people, nice places to eat and buy stuff.

I've been surfing that beach for almost five years now. Know it very well, Sir. And yes, it certainly is a beautiful country.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my Mighty...I had the room. But I did manage to bring my Solo II and several packs of Twisted Extracts edibles. Hid them in a box of Halloween candy! But weed is somewhat decriminalized here and the police don't hassle you. Had a few try to solicit bribes but I just tell them I'm friends with their Canadian Ambassador and they quickly disappear. Heh, heh. I have a business card, but I don't know the person. It works.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I've been using my Mighty for a week now and so far I'm loving it! It's simple to operate. The lack of draw resistance is amazing. The battery life easily gets me through my day. I've temp stepped a few times but generally just start at 365ºF and then hit the boost to finish it off, which takes it up to 392ºF.

The dosing caps are working great, I'm glad I went for the whole kit. It's so easy to use them when away from home. I use the round magazine to hold fresh caps and a plastic film container for the used ones. It keeps the smells apart and I won't accidentally use one twice. Be careful putting the caps in the Mighty! I accidentally put one in upside down and the cap got stuck down inside the bowl. I had to destroy the cap to get it out. Small price to pay, lesson learned.

I'm trying to get in the habit of routine maintenance. Most nights I'll vape a cap to warm up the CU and then wipe it out with iso and q-tips. I gave it a full iso soak cleaning today but it didn't really need it.

The filling kit is not quite as easy as S&B shows in their video but it works pretty well. I've used it twice, using 6.2 and 6.4 grams. The caps seem pretty full but I'll experiment with how much I can get in them. And the plunger works great--highly recommend it if you use the dosing caps.

I haven't tried the wpa yet. I filed the plastic tabs so it'd fit a little better but it's still pretty snug and I don't want to break anything. I'll file a bit more but I'm still considering the wpa from delta3dstudios. If I order one I'll probably also grab the 8-cap loading tray. I haven't tried using fewer caps on the big tray but it'd be nice to have a few different strains available for use in the caps.

I need to find a better carrying bag. I'm in an unfriendly state so I need something inconspicuous that will contain any odors. PackRatz medium case, perhaps?

modfather

I have had a mighty for about 3 years when I plug it in it buzzes randomly then throws up a err 003 message is there anything I can do to repair it as its out of warranty now would changing the batterys for a new set help ? thanks FCers

blackstone

Be careful putting the caps in the Mighty! I accidentally put one in upside down and the cap got stuck down inside the bowl. I had to destroy the cap to get it out. Small price to pay, lesson learned.

Always meant to post about this, thought it was only me! It might fall in wrong around 45 degrees and if I try to flip it right, it sometimes goes complete upside down and the cap is stuck.
When the vape is hot it's quite exciting!
I just learned to place the cap straight and firm in the bowl and not lob it in carelessy!

I need to find a better carrying bag. I'm in an unfriendly state so I need something inconspicuous that will contain any odors. PackRatz medium case, perhaps?
I got the packratz for Crafty and it does seem to work well, I dont use any of the pockets it has so they could have made mine slimmer for the pocket.
I thought the newest ones had better carbon absorbtion but maybe they all have it the same,
Just read that you can re- activate the carbon lining filters by putting it in a dryer for 5 mins so I must try this.
Another tip is to first cap your mouthpiece with a silicone ecig MP cover, because odor comes from there.

I used to want a rigid case just big enough for Mighty but the only one I saw has room for the charger and a brush and grinder etc.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Yep, that tells me when my homemade mobile charger is flat.
img_20191211_155754-jpg.15194

Thebigsmoke

Hello everyone how are you all doing. I have a small problem with my mighty that I purchased and in February this year and have used every day since.

I was just doing a deep clean and when I removed the the O ring from around the oven I noticed that there is a small fine crack underneath it that runs back to the fins around the oven i have also noticed that one is cracked( invisible untill I poked at it with the pick) although I don't think it's effecting performance yet I'm just wondering if this is covered under warrenty(purchased from Namaste vapes but I think they refer me to Storz --Bickel anyway)
Other than this the unit is like new it's barely left the house and is kept in a case I like to keep stuff like new. Any advice on if this is a warranty fix from you folks would be great . Happy Holidays everyone.

blackstone

Hello everyone how are you all doing. I have a small problem with my mighty that I purchased and in February this year and have used every day since.

I was just doing a deep clean and when I removed the the O ring from around the oven I noticed that there is a small fine crack underneath it that runs back to the fins around the oven i have also noticed that one is cracked( invisible untill I poked at it with the pick) although I don't think it's effecting performance yet I'm just wondering if this is covered under warrenty(purchased from Namaste vapes but I think they refer me to Storz --Bickel anyway)
Other than this the unit is like new it's barely left the house and is kept in a case I like to keep stuff like new. Any advice on if this is a warranty fix from you folks would be great . Happy Holidays everyone.

Mine was a little cracked there after a number of years, the unit still operated correctly so they offered me a new Mighty for about €80 and that one is the same now, and works perfect.
(Or they offered to replace outer casing for free I think)
If you do go for the new replacement option at any stage, your old warranty period remainder applies to the new Mighty.
So you have that period, or at least a week or two by law, to give the new device a good look over for any possible issues.
There is no option to keep your old Mighty and I had to pay post.
Good luck with it, they still seem helpful and generous after the company takeover!

Wrell, they are your balls. Just sounds a bit kinky.
You should have seen the other ways I had it written!:rofl:
Was a genuine thought first though, they should be fine at max. temp. if I get the right ones.

Last edited:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I often read through several threads and shake my head from time to time. I will pass on the Firefly 2, MV1 and any other finicky vape that relies on essentially useless 'bells and whistles' for it's popularity. Don't care about fancy apps, brand new colors or whether it looks like a gizmo out of Star Wars. Lol. WHO CARES!? Not me. But I do thank the folks who jump on the bandwagon right from the start and risk their $ on new offerings. Let's me know which ones to avoid. Any vape I have to replace for whatever defect on a regular basis because of constant quality control issues has no place in my arsenal.

My Mighty works perfectly. Every time. Easy to load, easy to use and always reliable. Just like my Solo II and e-nano. Proven vapes that just work. Don't give a shit if they don't come in 'Satin Silver' or 'Stealth Black'. ...just sayin'

Enjoy your weekend, smart Mighty users.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
always reliable.
My Arizer Air, Plenty, Dynavap and WoodScents are the only vapes that I have not had a RMA on, my first Mighty lasted 3 months before the LCD crapped out and it already had fins missing too. No use knocking the Ghost, it is a cheap throw away at US$35 (the price of my unit after taking off the fast charger and dispenser cost.:2c:
Only having one strain to choose from, I find collecting vapes is one way to have variety.
I am definitely a V2 or later buyer of any vape usually due to the distance involved to get items to me.:tup:

tashian

As a recent adopter (BF) have to agree with most I read in this long thread. The Mighty is incredible, simple to use, nice effects and great at lower temps than what I am used with, and man I could not care less about the color finish, for me the Mighty is really a beautiful piece of industrial design. It is simply beautiful and the size for me is perfect, the right balance of size and substance.

Mribisback_

Hey guys just got my Mighty a few days ago and had a question. Does plugging the unit into the wall take the load completely off the batteries? I want to make the unit last so figured I could just keep it plugged in anytime I use it at home to put no strain on the batteries until I need them for out and about.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Hey guys just got my Mighty a few days ago and had a question. Does plugging the unit into the wall take the load completely off the batteries? I want to make the unit last so figured I could just keep it plugged in anytime I use it at home to put no strain on the batteries until I need them for out and about.
Hopefully the experts will chime in on this but my understanding is that you DON'T want to leave it plugged in. I believe the battery is still being partially drained when used plugged in. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure you will deplete the life cycle of the battery quicker doing it this way.

Good luck. The Mighty is a great unit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Hopefully the experts will chime in on this but my understanding is that you DON'T want to leave it plugged in. I believe the battery is still being partially drained when used plugged in. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure you will deplete the life cycle of the battery quicker doing it this way.
I agree that leaving it plugged may run contrary to consensus and experts' advice, for the very reasons @WildChild says.
But I can also add anecdotally that for over 3 years I've charged Mighty just about any which way or time I care to. Mostly of course using the supplied power module, but I've also used another appropriately rated charger. I think my biggest indiscretion is putting on the charger after just about every bowl, when at home at least. And I did for some months just leave it plugged 24/7, whether in use or not. I guess I'm getting comfortably about 4, maybe even 5 bowls on a charge now, but I rarely go that long to find out!

So, go figure.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
My second full week of use, here's what I learned this week.

It's quick and easy to dial in the temps and steps that work best for different strains. Last week's super tasty purple haze liked lower temps with a single boost at the end to finish. This week's earthy sativa prefers more bumping and higher temps.

I used the stock plastic mp last week but I tried the glass one from PIU this week. I really like the feel of the glass and I think it looks pretty cool :cool: but it seems the plastic 'works' better. The stock mp snaps and stays in place when I use it. The glass is more fiddly. I have to make sure it's pushed in fully every time I move it or it comes out fairly easily. The glass gets noticeably hot towards the end of a session. I'll keep switching back and forth and see what else I learn.

I've used the PIU freebie glass wpa a few times now and the Mighty with my Rattlecan is a winner. Big, effortless cool clouds. I filed the adapter but it's still pretty snug and I'm a little nervous about the pressure it's putting on the Mighty. It looks like I'll be ordering the delta3dstudios wpa soon.

Top Bottom