The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Realizing now that darker ABV doesn't necessarily mean better extraction, does using dosing capsules tend to cook the herbs a bit more due to the extra conduction added?

WildChild,

shredder

Realizing now that darker ABV doesn't necessarily mean better extraction, does using dosing capsules tend to cook the herbs a bit more due to the extra conduction added?

I did not notice any differences between using the capsules or not. Except the capsules are so covenient.

Since I bought the caps I've used them exclusively. And now I just use the liquid capsules. No regrets

ChooChooCharlie

@ChooChooCharlie , do you own this drawing?

@Mr. Me2 - No, that is out of my range, just found image of Walt's early sketches on web. Have to fly to Nashville tomorrow, so no vapes or herbs for a week. And just finished two week booze break. Someone's trying to tell me something.

Back to Mighty discussion. Still enjoying goo-free capsule lids: No screen in CU and a quick swab of intake area after session. Two months in hotels with only 2 CUs, no deep cleaning. Learned from reading this thread. :tup: to @shredder and others here.

And I'll repeat my opinion of removing and replacing the cooling unit -- press down slightly while twisting the CU gently. Like a child resistant prescription vial cap, or a $100 quarter z vial from an overpriced rec store in Manitou Springs. Reduces breaks in plastic near the locking channels. Pressing down compresses the large O-ring seal around the chamber, giving a bit more clearance for the plastic tabs as you twist.

CallMeSmokey

Is the mighty worth it, i'm thinking about buying this. Does it hits hard is it combustion heater or convection? I also have the Arizer solo 2 I'm loving it, I ditched my Pax 3 for it but anyways if anybody have the mighty let me know how good it is.

shredder

Is the mighty worth it, i'm thinking about buying this. Does it hits hard is it combustion heater or convection? I also have the Arizer solo 2 I'm loving it, I ditched my Pax 3 for it but anyways if anybody have the mighty let me know how good it is.

The mighty is a convection conduction hybrid. So it has aspects of each. It does hit hard, if that's what you want or you can sip on it. It is really user friendly, and adapts to most any user. One of the least mentioned but to me important things is the cooling unit. It is a marvel of engineering and provides cool hits with lots of flavor. To hit hard and have good taste is not typical and is one reason why the mighty is perhaps the best portable available.

anyone thinking on getting the Ghost MV-1 anybody tried it ? their battery pack is 60 and fast 2amp charger is 60, I dont remember how much the SB charges from battery pack but from what I read, risking your warranty you can get it done by repalcing it yourself, The mv-1 battery pack seems to last even longer than mighty, but how much longer 30 mins ? Does somebody know more? Everybody seems to think prices are dropping because mighty 2 is coming, I hope this would be the case, but I have seen increase at some places. :shrug: I just realized I forgot to write a single smile :D :razz::argh::D Im looking forward to your opinions. I do not prefer one over the other, I just like glass, durability smoothness, both can be delivered and if mighty II is coming then I think the ghost can be easily maybe overpowered :hmm:who knows what the sb would pull up :shrug: have a beautiful day everyone :myday:

blablablabla,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Does somebody know more? Everybody seems to think prices are dropping because mighty 2 is coming, I hope this would be the case, but I have seen increase at some places.
The retail price of Mighty, direct from S&B, has only dropped once in recent history, from $399 USD to $349 USD and that was quite a long time ago -- maybe as long as a year. (It may have been more expensive on initial pricing, I'm not recalling well enough at this point.)
Many people think Mighty and Crafty are being updated on an on-going basis and this makes it less likely that a "Mighty II" will appear in the near future. Recently on Crafty thread people with newest model are reporting faster heat up and longer lasting battery.

The retail price of Mighty, direct from S&B, has only dropped once in recent history, from $399 USD to $349 USD and that was quite a long time ago -- maybe as long as a year. (It may have been more expensive on initial pricing, I'm not recalling well enough at this point.)
Many people think Mighty and Crafty are being updated on an on-going basis and this makes it less likely that a "Mighty II" will appear in the near future. Recently on Crafty thread people with newest model are reporting faster heat up and longer lasting battery.
Thank you for the info vapviking, I remember reading about the constant updates,,thats why some stores are selling the 2017 model I believe, please how can I find out which year my is ? I found on the booklet and there is 2017 on it so hopefully it is.

blablablabla,

justcametomind

I now microdose on my Mighty (and Volcano). Full temp and just a sprinkle of herb inside of an empty capsule (I used to go with a bed of ABV inside the capsule but I found out this is not mandatory and if redosing I constantly had to empty out my capsule of ABV after each session). I put the capsule in after the temperature has been reached and obtain 2/3 hits that is what I need for pain relieve or induce sleep at night.

justcametomind,
Reactions: shredder

Yedle

Hey guys i am new to vaporizing and this forum but have read elsewhere this is a good place for help and questions, Im wondering if it is worth it to purchase the mighty as my first vaporizer because i have seen everywhere that it is king of portables and i dont want to be disappointed with a different vape and regret my purchase since i am new to it.
So that being said is it worth it to purchase the mighty for 296$ with a 15% discount code on the puffitup website?
Also comes with a free extra grinder and a free glass mouthpiece as well.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey guys i am new to vaporizing and this forum but have read elsewhere this is a good place for help and questions, Im wondering if it is worth it to purchase the mighty as my first vaporizer because i have seen everywhere that it is king of portables and i dont want to be disappointed with a different vape and regret my purchase since i am new to it.
So that being said is it worth it to purchase the mighty for 296$ with a 15% discount code on the puffitup website?

Go for it....can't go wrong with the Mighty, or @PuffItUp !

justcametomind

anyone thinking on getting the Ghost MV-1 anybody tried it ? their battery pack is 60 and fast 2amp charger is 60, I dont remember how much the SB charges from battery pack but from what I read, risking your warranty you can get it done by repalcing it yourself, The mv-1 battery pack seems to last even longer than mighty, but how much longer 30 mins ? Does somebody know more? Everybody seems to think prices are dropping because mighty 2 is coming, I hope this would be the case, but I have seen increase at some places. :shrug: I just realized I forgot to write a single smile :D :razz::argh::D Im looking forward to your opinions. I do not prefer one over the other, I just like glass, durability smoothness, both can be delivered and if mighty II is coming then I think the ghost can be easily maybe overpowered :hmm:who knows what the sb would pull up :shrug: have a beautiful day everyone :myday:
On paper it seems an improvement respect to the Mighty.
It has a removable battery pack where the Mighty has not, it's on demand while Mighty is a session vaporizer.
But it looks ugly to me, seems pretty heavy, and the capsule system is worse than S&B's one. Probably not to infringe any S&B copyright they designed those capsules made of a ceramic body and a metal cap which doesn't screw on the lower part: to me it means the risk of loosing the capsule content is around the corner. This means issues especially when hot or for people with impaired movements and difficult storage for "on the go" use. And the glass parts on a (heavy) portable are a disaster waiting to happen imho.

Baron23

Smart man....most of us went cheaper, learned our lesson (which is there ain't nothin' for nothin' LOL), and upgraded later for yet mo' money.

I don't know if you will like a Mighty only because you are new to vaping and I don't know if you will like vaping at all. But as far as vaping goes, the Mighty is a first class performer.

On paper it seems an improvement respect to the Mighty.

Indeed but the Mighty has years of field experience behind its reputation.

Jimmer144

Sargeant REG
I would def recommend buying the Mighty, i too was on the fence for awhile because of the pricetag, however, i can honestly say this thing has been my daily driver since i got it in March, and i have yet to get sick of it, its so efficient its crazy. I just did my first real thorough clean with iso on the CU and man did that make a difference i am back to blowing huge clouds with little to no draw resistance. The Mighty is a tank my friend, and i would rather own just a Mighty than own a lesser portable with a real nice desktop vaporizer.

Baron23

I just did my first real thorough clean with iso on the CU and man did that make a difference i am back to blowing huge clouds with little to no draw resistance.

wanna try something a bit different next time? Scrape your CU goo into a shot of Everclear (ethyl alcohol, yeah) and it will dissolve. Add the mixer of your choice, then down the hatch.

Just don't have anything to do for 6 hours or so. LOL

Top Bottom