The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I gave Biohacker's method a try on my other Mighty, with similar results. While not spotless, I removed 99% of the build-up (and as you can see, it also thoroughly cleans the bottom screen in the process).

Still have the buildup under the lip of the ceramic part....I'm loathe to attempt anything particularly aggressive with it. Some of it gets removed during this process, but not enough to really clear out the seam between the ceramic and the metal.

Here's a couple quick-and-dirty before/after pix.

2412dz9.jpg

259lqfn.jpg

biohacker

Did you tested the fine grind and filled the chamber or capsules?

Yep, I wasn't really much of a fan of the capsules, just so much of a different experience than direct load. Same with the MiniVap actually with the flexicone basket if you are familiar with that Spanish high end vape, but its bowl is massive. I would have to test the capsules a little more, and plan to as my usage patterns are changing, and I actually think I will prefer using the capsules nearly exclusively once I start vaping again.

Perhaps others can chime in more on the capsules?

ready to jump on the mighty with the new price drop. how's the reliability issues? still a concern as with the crafty. comments appreciated.

Nope, the Mighty is rock solid IMO. Crafty I think is still a little hairy for reliability, but lots go the distance, I think it depends on your usage habits. I destroyed my batteries very quickly with the Crafty, but the Mighty could hold up to my abuse.

I don't seem to want to immediately agree with this. Do you mean that the terps are damaged by grinding or that when fine ground, the terps are extracted fully in the first draw or two?

Trichs are damaged more with a finer grind, and yes with the fine your terps are getting extracted much faster IMO. Alot depends on temperature as well.

I do grind fine as I believe that this exposes more surface area to heat. I do think that this speeds up extraction, to include terps, but I don't see any negative consequences to this in terms of effect.

I don't either, but a coarser grind will give you a different experience....better flavour IMO as well as a longer session, and easier on your airways, and less mess in the CU as fast. It's not "more surface area is better" IMO.

it also thoroughly cleans the bottom screen in the process)

Yes completely forgot about that! I'm so happy you like the technique and it works for you! Your post clean Mighty looks awesome!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I gave Biohacker's method a try on my other Mighty, with similar results. While not spotless, I removed 99% of the build-up (and as you can see, it also thoroughly cleans the bottom screen in the process).

Still have the buildup under the lip of the ceramic part....I'm loathe to attempt anything particularly aggressive with it. Some of it gets removed during this process, but not enough to really clear out the seam between the ceramic and the metal.

Here's a couple quick-and-dirty before/after pix.

2412dz9.jpg

259lqfn.jpg
While @biohacker 's method works great, the two that I described (that he was 'adding to') are less work.

Heat and time are your friends in the vape cleaning business.

Depending on your comfort level with the magic eraser (melamine) pads, consider that they will even get the brown ring of gunk at top of bowl cleaner. Even the brown cap ring atop the chamber will clean up better.
For touch-up cleaning later, it's very quick, even just with water.

I always remove the screen if I want to thoroughly clean the chamber.

If not the eraser, then the paper towel plug I described, OR the towlette that @biohacker suggests, but just wad it up and put it in the bowl for the ten minutes with warmth from bowl and it will do most of the work without as much scrubbing.

I prefer to buy my iso in bottled form, it costs less this way than in individual packets.

Another thing I like to do after a deep clean of chamber is change the o-ring, after cleaning up the perimeter. Nothing personal @mitchgo61 but I think your Mighty would look very happy with a bright blue o-ring to set off that clean bowl!

I'm not sure anything would survive falling through the chamber, unless I supposed it's right under the holes, but it should get hot enough in there to incinerate it.
This is logical. I think Grasshoppers rely heavily on this incineration to keep their bowl clean, but we've also noticed (with Hopper) that they seem to sometimes get clogged to a point of restricted draw, only alleviated by a factory service - or some very brave souls have immersed Hopper in alcohol up to it's intake holes.
But, consider this; If stuff below Mighty's chamber is being self-cleaned by incineration, why then is the chamber itself not cleaned by incineration?

Yep, I wasn't really much of a fan of the capsules, just so much of a different experience than direct load. Same with the MiniVap actually with the flexicone basket if you are familiar with that Spanish high end vape, but its bowl is massive. I would have to test the capsules a little more, and plan to as my usage patterns are changing, and I actually think I will prefer using the capsules nearly exclusively once I start vaping again.

Perhaps others can chime in more on the capsules?

Nope, the Mighty is rock solid IMO. Crafty I think is still a little hairy for reliability, but lots go the distance, I think it depends on your usage habits. I destroyed my batteries very quickly with the Crafty, but the Mighty could hold up to my abuse.

Trichs are damaged more with a finer grind, and yes with the fine your terps are getting extracted much faster IMO. Alot depends on temperature as well.

I don't either, but a coarser grind will give you a different experience....better flavour IMO as well as a longer session, and easier on your airways, and less mess in the CU as fast. It's not "more surface area is better" IMO.

Yes completely forgot about that! I'm so happy you like the technique and it works for you! Your post clean Mighty looks awesome!
so much easier to clean tho!
damn what is abuse according to you ? :D
I think convection heating with every herb and fine grind high temp nearly combust or combust little bit. I dont know about the caps but that might be whole different experience.
Mighty now 348$ at their store.

Still 348€ in the european one as well ...
you can absolutely find it cheaper from third parties, I asked sb about the warranty and they dont mind where its coming from, just S/N is important

biohacker

I always remove the screen if I want to thoroughly clean the chamber.

Yes! I completely forgot to mention that when I use my technique, I actually remove the screen first and it always amazes me how much black dust is under there. Nothing like a sparkling clean Mighty bowl.

so much easier to clean tho!
damn what is abuse according to you ? :D
I think convection heating with every herb and fine grind high temp nearly combust or combust little bit. I dont know about the caps but that might be whole different experience.

You're right about the capsules, I think when I buy a new Mighty i'm going to try to use them exclusively. I'm also not even really interested in a muzzmod anymore, and I wanted nothing but the muzzmod before. Just my evolution with this vape I suppose. I'd use it as a portable mainly, and not through water as I used to so much. I put about 2g/day through it for about a year, mostly with a muzzmod at 210c, but also using it dry often when I had to live in a hotel for 6 months last year. I don't take much care with charging practices, just charge whenever even if it's warm. Never really noticed much battery degradation with the Mighty...wish the Crafty would be as robust!

I feel the caps add more convection which goes against what most people think, but that's my experience. Perhaps more radiant heat, but I feel direct load adds more conduction IME. The vapour output illustrates this as well IMO.

you can absolutely find it cheaper from third parties, I asked sb about the warranty and they dont mind where its coming from, just S/N is important

S&B is awesome for this! I just found out that Tweed hiked their prices for all their devices, and the Mighty now costs MORE than direct from S&B! I think i'd buy mine again from Puffitup.... best deal from a retailer i've found, and I think you can deal direct with Randy for RMA instead of S&B? Can anyone confirm? That guy knows alot about S&B Rma's!

Vapor4me

I got mine for about 250 eur earlier this year, had been hunting for a great deal for awhile... I wonder tho, if this would negatively affect the kind of service one can expect from S&B after an RMA?

Yes! I completely forgot to mention that when I use my technique, I actually remove the screen first and it always amazes me how much black dust is under there. Nothing like a sparkling clean Mighty bowl.

You're right about the capsules, I think when I buy a new Mighty i'm going to try to use them exclusively. I'm also not even really interested in a muzzmod anymore, and I wanted nothing but the muzzmod before. Just my evolution with this vape I suppose. I'd use it as a portable mainly, and not through water as I used to so much. I put about 2g/day through it for about a year, mostly with a muzzmod at 210c, but also using it dry often when I had to live in a hotel for 6 months last year. I don't take much care with charging practices, just charge whenever even if it's warm. Never really noticed much battery degradation with the Mighty...wish the Crafty would be as robust!

I feel the caps add more convection which goes against what most people think, but that's my experience. Perhaps more radiant heat, but I feel direct load adds more conduction IME. The vapour output illustrates this as well IMO.

S&B is awesome for this! I just found out that Tweed hiked their prices for all their devices, and the Mighty now costs MORE than direct from S&B! I think i'd buy mine again from Puffitup.... best deal from a retailer i've found, and I think you can deal direct with Randy for RMA instead of S&B? Can anyone confirm? That guy knows alot about S&B Rma's!
I dont mind the free 4 piece rather than that I get it full maxed out for about 280
I got mine for about 250 eur earlier this year, had been hunting for a great deal for awhile... I wonder tho, if this would negatively affect the kind of service one can expect from S&B after an RMA?
according to them not at all (but take a photo of your S/N, that was good deal. Keep hunting, good luck to you :)

blablablabla,

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
Hey guys, I'm finally gonna send my mighty in for repair. Ill be shipping it to the u.s whenever they approve of my RMA (burnt out starter button)

my question for you guys is-

Will I have to clean the mighty before I send it out?

Purple Elephant bowls in the Mighty. Drinking a Muy Bonita Double Brown Ale from Funky Buddha. Watching Grind Mode Cyphers on Youtube.
rBB90bH.jpg

67cQjEB.jpg

ZdMVlKY.jpg

gfgpcY6.jpg

can you share with us some details pic about how you connected the whip to the rig joint? thank you, thats very refreshing post after bunch of text, that pool must be very hanful when its really hot outside, nice spot for chill! hope you will post more

disGRUNTled

can you share with us some details pic about how you connected the whip to the rig joint? thank you, thats very refreshing post after bunch of text, that pool must be very hanful when its really hot outside, nice spot for chill! hope you will post more
pretty simple really I got this whip adapter from new vape , hooked it up to end of the Mighty mouth piece then you can use any rig that is 14 or 18 mm no complaints and I have been using it for a while . And yes the pool gets plenty of use in the Fl heat.
https://www.newvape.com/whip-adapter-to-fit-male-glass-2809
stortz_bickel-4_2.jpg

@disGRUNTled Never heard of Grind Mode Cypher until you posted the videos, and i'm digging it!! :rockon:
Ha ,I watch ton of Grind Mode when I am high AF one of my go to channels on Youtube.

ChooChooCharlie

This post is for capsule users:

Shout out of thanks to @Bomb33 for his post about regular cleaning of the CU screen area. I don't remove the CU screen like Bomb does, because I'm lazy. Just a quick swabbing around the ring where the CU screen sits. Every session. You can use precision q-tips like Fran Wilson Nail Tees or just fold up a piece of paper towel like Bomb does. This is the key to avoid sticky capsule tops. Excellent, Bomb! Have been doing it regularly for the past two weeks. Big drop in cleaning frequency (I used to change out CU's when my capsules got resin goo stickiness) Proactive warm resin swabbing is the Bomb!

Vaporcussion

This post is for capsule users:

Shout out of thanks to @Bomb33 for his post about regular cleaning of the CU screen area. I don't remove the CU screen like Bomb does, because I'm lazy. Just a quick swabbing around the ring where the CU screen sits. Every session. You can use precision q-tips like Fran Wilson Nail Tees or just fold up a piece of paper towel like Bomb does. This is the key to avoid sticky capsule tops. Excellent, Bomb! Have been doing it regularly for the past two weeks. Big drop in cleaning frequency (I used to change out CU's when my capsules got resin goo stickiness) Proactive warm resin swabbing is the Bomb!

Exactly; I'm right there with you. I've been using those little 1" baby iso wipes around the ring, following up with a wet paper towel. And not every session. This idea sounds better!

Did somebody tried taking out the capsule with the cooling unit and putting it upside down, the condensated air will get you one more extra hit. I found this on reddit, is that true?

blablablabla,

Skywalker420

Hey guys

got ill over the weekend so I tested my fresh cleaned Mighty yesterday the first time with the capsules and I have to say that it's a huge difference to how it performed before. The vapor is so much smoother and a little bit tastier too. The capsules are a little bit tricky when you're outside but it's definitely worth it.
Also ordered the Mighty Waterpipe Adapter (CU-Mod v2) from delta3dstudios to use it with my bubbler.
With this adapter it will work more as a convection vaporizer I think so maybe this improves the taste again a bit.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did somebody tried taking out the capsule with the cooling unit and putting it upside down, the condensated air will get you one more extra hit. I found this on reddit, is that true?
In my experience, putting a dosing cap in Mighty upside down will force/wedge it in tight, making it harder to remove the cap, which is tapered and bigger at the top than at the bottom.
Maybe if no screen in cu it would not be forced down so much, but I don't see that there would be difference in vape result one way or the other.

Hey guys

got ill over the weekend so I tested my fresh cleaned Mighty yesterday the first time with the capsules and I have to say that it's a huge difference to how it performed before. The vapor is so much smoother and a little bit tastier too. The capsules are a little bit tricky when you're outside but it's definitely worth it.
Also ordered the Mighty Waterpipe Adapter (CU-Mod v2) from delta3dstudios to use it with my bubbler.
With this adapter it will work more as a convection vaporizer I think so maybe this improves the taste again a bit.
Clean vape/Happy vape!
Glad you are enjoying Mighty again.
I love Mighty thru water, but I do think taste itself is sacrificed slightly

FISHSTICKS

Hey FC , just got a Mighty used with no charger , was wondering if I can use a universal adaptor/charger with the correct voltage and tip or if I have to purchase the official one.

Thanks in advance

FISHSTICKS,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey FC , just got a Mighty used with no charger , was wondering if I can use a universal adaptor/charger with the correct voltage and tip or if I have to purchase the official one.

Thanks in advance
I've substituted and used the 12V car adapter that powers a Nitecore D2 battery charger. 12 being the car voltage, that is. -- Atm I don't recall the output of the Nitecore adapter, but it matched the output voltage & tip (though lower amps) of Mighty's wall adapter. It did work, but I've only charged twice ever like this.

All that said, the strong and sound recommendation is that you get a factory charger, and they're not very expensive! Mighty is capable of running on it's charger even when battery is dead. Not that this is a good practice, but be safe and use the right adapter!

Top Bottom