The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

But doesn't a fully charged Mighty if used exclusively on the charger, eventually start "blinking" as well?

I did notice that the battery bar indicator would very quickly "blink" for a millisecond every now and then...almost as if it was "checking in" or something.

I once started a marathon night with a dead Mighty, and vaped 4 bowls as it charged up from nothing. It didn't affect performance one bit. I see this as a desk top vape as well...

It will more than likely destroy your battery quicker.

was under impression that if I disassembled Mighty, took out batteries, and than reassembled, it would still work plugged in if truly pass through correct?)

That's what I thought!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
(was under impression that if I disassembled Mighty, took out batteries, and than reassembled, it would still work plugged in if truly pass through correct?)
This is what I'd like to think as well. Especially since it would mean that Mighty could always live on as a plug-in! It is unconfirmed, I believe.

But doesn't a fully charged Mighty if used exclusively on the charger, eventually start "blinking" as well?

I did notice that the battery bar indicator would very quickly "blink" for a millisecond every now and then...almost as if it was "checking in" or something.
I think think this is what I was saying about alternating between charge/heat, in the case that Mighty is being used plugged in, whether fully charged or not.

I've also noticed sometimes Mighty flashes when plugged, fully charged, not turned on. As you say, "checking in".

flyfishwino

Another boost question
Is it supposed to boost to a set increase of temp?
I've tried it a few times and i get varied results.
If i turn it on and let it get to my starting temp, let's say 366 F and i hit the boost, it increased 20 deg. I've also seen it just increase 12 deg.
Any thoughts?
P.S. I did send an email to S&B to get the official word on this, no response yet.

flyfishwino,

ambertrichome

ok, i see what you mean. i've had Mighty for 5 days, the same 3 capsules have been in steady rotation. they are definitely building up with 'goo' on outer ring of the top piece! it might be beneficial to clean the CU right now, but damn, weekly cleaning?? i'm bad with that, but like how i'm trying to change my ways and go full capsules to keep my Mighty clean, i will clean the CU this weekend!

i need to purchase a magazine for the capsules. i know the mag wont prevent smell, but it should help and keep the caps organized. thinking about buying 2 magazines, plus another pack of 40. maybe even 2 packs of 40. shoot maybe 3 packs and 3 magazines. shipping isn't free till after 100$
not sure what other accessories i require. Anybody use the car charger? i'm wondering if thats a worth while investment?
Car charger is a solid piece of gear, not your typical thin wired, flimsy plastic car charger. I like mine :2c:and would recommend one. Caution though, you are taking advice from a self confessed accessory addict.:sherlock:

Vaporcussion

Chargers like the Mighty's deliver more juice than most vape chargers, but even this is only enough to power the unit when the battery is flat, not charge it as well!
Mine charges up just fine as I use it from zero.

I think it is alternating between operating and charging, while yes, the charge is strong enough to outweigh the drain of use so the net effect will be perceived continual use and increase of bars over time.

Exactly!

ll this said, I feel it is a dis-service to the term to say it applies to a device that, when plugged, can eventually run down to unusable.

Me too. Crafty and IQ shouldn't even mention that term!

As you say, "checking in".
Hmm, mine doesn't do that. I don't have boost either.

Guys, how do you guys clean the liquid pad? I took the risk of giving a lot of heat, with the torch, but not much, because I do not know to what extent it may or may not spoil. It threw smoke (concentrate remains), and still lukewarm I left at ISO for one hour. I let dry well and such, but continues with debris. To the naked eye, I noticed a slight amber and with Carson MicroBrite Plus 60 -120x, I really confirm that it still has residues. How can I clean them at 100%?

Thank you.

N1ghtWalker,

Boxman

I'm about to take a trip to India and will be in a place with easy access to weed. I'll be in Hampi, where many loincloth-wearing yogis and sadhus live. Actually they wear a "dhoti", not a loincloth. Anyway they don't really smoke "weed", as in dry herb, but what appears to be hash, and they smoke prodigious quantities of the stuff using a "chillum" which is like a funky pipe that you hold vertically.

So I was thinking of taking my Mighty over there (empty and with a brand new CU, and all new screens, of course). Will the Mighty work with hash?

Vaporcussion

Maybe take some S&B dosing capsules with the liquid pad, as you won't have access to weed to make a sandwich. It may save your screens. Have a great time!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm about to take a trip to India and will be in a place with easy access to weed. I'll be in Hampi, where many loincloth-wearing yogis and sadhus live. Actually they wear a "dhoti", not a loincloth. Anyway they don't really smoke "weed", as in dry herb, but what appears to be hash, and they smoke prodigious quantities of the stuff using a "chillum" which is like a funky pipe that you hold vertically.

So I was thinking of taking my Mighty over there (empty and with a brand new CU, and all new screens, of course). Will the Mighty work with hash?

Bhang! I want to go there so bad and travel the Ganges River. Sadhus, Shaivites, Nagas, what a culture! It sounds like you been before?

invertedisdead,

Boxman

Bhang! I want to go there so bad and travel the Ganges River. Sadhus, Shaivites, Nagas, what a culture! It sounds like you been before?

I have, but never like this! (I went only on business before)

I can't wait... :)

Maybe take some S&B dosing capsules with the liquid pad, as you won't have access to weed to make a sandwich. It may save your screens. Have a great time!

Thanks I wasn't aware of those - I'll order some...

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

What a blast from the past. I have not heard the word chillum or used one for decades.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Boxman it will work fine.

You don't need cotton, liquid pads or need to worry about making sandwiches with the traditional hash your talking about.

The only concern I would have is being able to get full extraction before the taste is spent. But stirring...or dumping and crumbling should help.

From everything I understand about traditional hash is that's it's tricromes and plant matter and oils. (Pre sandwiched if you will)

Full melt hashes are a different story.

With full melt hash, liquid pads, sandwiches and cotton/hemp fiber are key.

Also if you reach enlightenment on your trip...send me some!

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist
In addition you will need to practice non attachment LOL as it has been my experience that in India eventually everything gets lost or stolen...

Heh, the need in you will need to practice non attachment itself seems like a form of attachment. Perhaps a gentle aspiration to cultivate non attachment might be a bit more beneficial? :rofl:

Teedub

I used clay chillum's in Byron bay and Nimbin. (hippy oz places) Yo had to find a long stone to grind down and fit in the top hole. (apparaz they were illegal to sell yet you could buy the chillum tube) The stone was like your screen, Hash in the top hole on top of the stone with a scrap of wet cotton cloth as a filter over the bottom hole.
Pray to shiva or other deity, bump your fore head and share in a group. Man it was the most simple setup but the most brutal lung filling hits, most of us would bail out after 5 or so hits. Full on heavy, ol combustion of course.

Man Nimbim mardi gras were hillarious, they also celebrated Hoffmans lsd discovery during the weed mardi gras. Funny place, good times.

You had to develop a seal with your hands making an organic mouthpiece. You can see the red cloth sticking out through his fingers.
IND-040423-007-x.jpg

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I used clay chillum's in Byron bay and Nimbin. (hippy oz places) Yo had to find a long stone to grind down and fit in the top hole. (apparaz they were illegal to sell yet you could buy the chillum tube) The stone was like your screen, Hash in the top hole on top of the stone with a scrap of wet cotton cloth as a filter over the bottom hole.
Pray to shiva or other deity, bump your fore head and share in a group. Man it was the most simple setup but the most brutal lung filling hits, most of us would bail out after 5 or so hits. Full on heavy, ol combustion of course.

Man Nimbim mardi gras were hillarious, they also celebrated Hoffmans lsd discovery during the weed mardi gras. Funny place, good times.

You had to develop a seal with your hands making an organic mouthpiece. You can see the red cloth sticking out through his fingers.
IND-040423-007-x.jpg
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they bump forehead and group shares a bowl of hash in Mighty, just to see reactions, if any!
In the recesses of my house, in a box inside a box inside a closet or attic, is an old clay chillum similar to that guy's. No maintenance, no batteries, no bullshit!

Baron23

IND-040423-007-x.jpg

Good god, we used to use a chillum just this way when I was 16 (48 years ago...shite!! LOL).

We did use a damp cloth but the chillum we have did have sort of a bowl built into it so no stone for a screen. Filled it with herb and fluffed up traditional hash (the only kind there was in 1969 LOL) and pass that bad boy around until we were hallucinating. I might have even had white and red stripes painted on my forehead...can't really quite remember. hahaha

Ahhh, youth hehehe

CL52613

You can use very small amounts, as little as .03 successfully, however, I find I like about .07 the bestfor how I use it.

IMO, the Pax 2 and Mighty aren't even close, I have had both for some time. I still take the Pax with me sometimes, it is a very convenient unit, but the Mighty is so much better at extraction!
Hi guys, Im really new to vaping and I would like to know what is the minimum amount of try herb you can use with this vape per bowl? I really cant decide between Pax2(with half lid) and mighty..
Im little worried about the amount of defective units as well..

And question for those who have had mighty over a year, what is your current heat up time?

You can vape small amount with the Mighty. My average load is .1 - .15, though larger packs are fine since I can leave, comeback later and finish it off. Always leave the mouthpiece open so it can vent the very slight bit of vapor in the cooling chamber. I have been using Mighty since the second year of its production. There was an issue with the power button failing, but believe that was resolved. If you want a pocket vape, Mighty is not practical because of its size and weight. The number one issue with a Mighty is the life of the batteries. Mine is used as home unit, 2-3 times every day. It looks like new, a bit anal what can I say, and performs great. If I were having to use the Mighty on battery charge alone, the batteries would need replacing, every 4 or 5 months. This will cost you $75.00 plus shipping. Since mine is at home, I can use on battery until I have about 2 bars left and than plug in the charger. When fully charged the Mighty heat up time is unchanged gets to 356 degrees in about 60+ seconds. If portability is not a priority, Mighty is the best vapor producing portable on the market.
Expensive but nothing can do what it does better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom